Type keyword(s) to search

DuckTales - General Discussion

• Start Topic

(edited)

Very fun episodes, particularly the 87-Cent Solution.  Glomgold is hilarious and I agree that bit with him at the funeral was the funniest.  I can't get enough of his over-the-topness, like him celebrating loudly at being the richest duck in the world.  Donald made me laugh too with his "He was too young!" declaration at the funeral.

Della is finally back but poor Donald just missed her.

Edited by benteen
  • Love 1

Ahhhhhhhh. This is just what I needed today. A competently written emotional story that didn't get too dark.

It was great to have Della finally reunite with Scrooge and the boys. Of course it's an adjustment for all of them, but it was handled with the right amount of realism. Poor Della was trying too hard, which was understandable.

Poor Donald is now a prisoner on the moon! Hope Penumbra will help him out.

20 minutes ago, Spartan Girl said:

Poor Donald is now a prisoner on the moon! Hope Penumbra will help him out.

She's got to be able to understand him, which might be a challenge.

• LOL 2

Great episode and they handled the adjustment in an emotional and realistic way.  I only hope the reunion with Donald and Della can be sooner rather than later.

Some funny gags, like with the cake and air gun.

• Love 2

The bit with the names was pretty great. "They were supposed to be named Jet, Turbo and Rebel! I told Donald! I wrote it down in case no one understood him!"

Also, "Huey wears a hat and his hue is red" was hilarious because that's how a lot of people have differentiated the nephews before. Huey - red hue, Dewey - blue, because dew is water, Louie - the other one.

I also liked how the nephews reacted to Della's return. They are all very different so they all had very different reactions. And the family meeting about it was pretty cool.

Of course, we have the Moon Plotline. So Donald's up there now with a hostile force that has been manipulated by its leader to see the Earth as a threat. Yet, Penumbra, who realized she was wrong about Della and that she was played by the leader is going to interact with Donald who she was told she reminded Della of.

So the thread that binds them is already there. And it seems that this will culminate in the Moon invading Earth and that's maybe how Donald gets back. Maybe he and Penumbra make a break for it early and are able to warn everyone?

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, Dandesun said:

The bit with the names was pretty great. "They were supposed to be named Jet, Turbo and Rebel! I told Donald! I wrote it down in case no one understood him!"

Also, "Huey wears a hat and his hue is red" was hilarious because that's how a lot of people have differentiated the nephews before. Huey - red hue, Dewey - blue, because dew is water, Louie - the other one.

I also liked how the nephews reacted to Della's return. They are all very different so they all had very different reactions. And the family meeting about it was pretty cool.

"I could've been Turbo!" I wonder if Della will realize that she met Dewey one Christmas when she was younger.

That's exactly how I learned to differentiate between the triplets. Red is the brightest hue, water dew blue, and (unfortunate but alliterative) leftover Louie.

The triplets reaction was refreshingly realistic that at least one of them be reluctant about it.

Who gets stuck with all the bad luck? No one, but Donald Duck. Poor Donald.

• Love 2

I was hoping that the first adventure with Della would involve all three boys, but I guess since Dewey was the one most involved in uncovering her disappearance he got the honor.

OMG, they were singing Powerline! *screams*

tumblr_p41ll4DXpS1t0xyebo1_400.gif

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Popples said:

I was hoping that the first adventure with Della would involve all three boys, but I guess since Dewey was the one most involved in uncovering her disappearance he got the honor.

OMG, they were singing Powerline! *screams*

tumblr_p41ll4DXpS1t0xyebo1_400.gif

I screamed too! I love these Disney Easter eggs!

Scrooge and Glomgold being handcuffed together was fun.

The Disney Now App has up to Raiders Of The Doomsday Vault. Is that the most recent episode?

Aaaaaaand binge complete!

I’m so glad they introduced Ms. Owlson. She has been a real joy to watch as a foil to Glomgold. I think my favorite gag was her just deadpanning she cut Glomgold’s dramatic entrance budget. 

• Love 1

Catching up with the last two episodes:

Of course Webby automatically figures out Fenton is GizmoDuck. And of course the love interest turns out to be a spy.

The Darkwing Duck episode was awesome! So the original DW/actor becomes the villain while the new actor -- DRAKE MALLARD -- becomes the new DW.

"This is the most eloquent Launchpad has ever been!"

He knows a lot about this one thing."

I love how the episode was kind of a commentary on all the reboots being made. Yes they're unnecessary but the fans are way too harsh sometimes. I mean, the actors are making money off it, but most of the time they really do genuinely love the original show and try to do justice to it. And they don't always deserve the backlash from Twitter -- sometimes the reboots turn out great. I mean, THIS show is a reboot and we love it!

Kind of ironic coming from Disney and all their reboots -- I wonder if the timing of this episode was done on purpose with the new Aladdin coming out.

• Love 2
(edited)
On 5/13/2019 at 8:34 PM, starri said:

She's got to be able to understand him, which might be a challenge.

Since Della thinks Donald and Penumbra are alike, it would be funny if she were like, "What's wrong with all you stupid people, I can understand him perfectly!".

Edited by Noneofyourbusiness
  • Love 3

I loved every second of this episode. I even forgave the lack of the theme song when the logo was in Darkwing Duck colors.

The foreshadowing of the twist at the end we got from the "Darkwing Duck" episode they showed at the furniture store.

Dewey's hashtags and reaction to finding out that Scrooge owned a film studio and him dancing over the footage of the finale.

Scrooge not seeing a film since 1938 and needing all villans to have mustaches to twirl.

As a fan of the "Ice Cream and Blood" trilogy, Edgar Wright being the voice of Alistair Boorswan was awesome.

Drake and Launchpad being super nerds together, although if Drake's collector's item was so rare, there is no way he'd let it get that close to a hot iron.

The studio guard who didn't recognize Darkwing Duck was voiced by Tad Stones, creator of "Darkwing Duck".

I just really, really hope that Gosalyn shows up.

No more new episodes until September...

tumblr_mwua0pZi5F1rqpdk5o1_400.gif

• Love 3
(edited)

The Darkwing Duck episode was GREAT.  I loved it.  Everything about it was perfect though I was wondering where Mrs. Beakley was after Launchpad got her hooked on the show.

No new episodes until SEPTEMBER?!  This show has the worst scheduling.  Is Season 2 over or is Season 2 just being spread out through an entire year?

A few other moments in the various episodes that made me laugh...

The librarian muttering nerds at Webby and her new friend.

Beaks being confused as to the relationships between the various ducks.  Whom I'm going to assume are your nephews I think he said.  They made Beaks a much more interesting villain and threat in that episode.

Edited by benteen
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, benteen said:

No new episodes until SEPTEMBER?!  This show has the worst scheduling.  Is Season 2 over or is Season 2 just being spread out through an entire year?

On Amazon, these last four episodes have been Season 4. Whatever Happened to Della Duck started Season 3 and it ended with (I believe) Nothing Can Stop Della Duck.

Basically... I don't know.

I've been waiting for a Chip n' Dale's Rescue Rangers reference since the Gummi Bears shoutout in "From the Confidential Casefiles of Agent 22!" And finally Daisy and Goslyn! Adult Kit looks just like Baloo, except brown. I can't wait for September!

• Love 4

The Comic-Con news reminded me I needed to catch up yet again, so I did. 

Of the character’s roughly 6 origin stories, this was my favorite Negaduck origin.

Duck Knight Returns and Friendship Hates Magic were my favorites from this block of episodes.

Did we get any indication that Webby was trying to bring Lena back, before this, though? I honestly have no memory of Lena even being mentioned prior to this. 

So, apparently, the DuckTales Cinematic Universe is going for an even deeper pull than what we already knew about.  In addition to everything else, they're also bringing in two characters from Wuzzles, a show that I had HONESTLY forgotten existed.

• Love 2

Loved today's episode. Even without his badass Don Cheadle voice, Donald is awesome. If anyone can survive the experimental ship, it's him. So he's on his way back, at least.

LMAO that the Jones guy was Donald's anger management therapist. And the key to harnessing his anger is his love for the boys, of course.

Edited by Spartan Girl
  • Love 2

"Timephoon" was a great episode. Louie conducted his very own time heist. I feel like this was the fallout Captain America should've gotten at the end of Endgame. Ah well.

We got Bubba the cave duck! Holy crap I can't believe I still remember him from the original Ducktales. I love how this reboot manages to revitalize the stuff that the original was scraping from the bottom of the barrel.

Love that Scrooge and Beakley knew immediately that one of the boys stole the time tub.

"I've already failed you!" LOL Gyro.

Happy that Della finally put her foot down and grounded Louie. I know she's still finding her feet as a mom, but it was past time to stop being Cool Mom. There's no way Donald would have let this crap slide.

Sad that season 2 ends this week, but I can't wait for the big Moon battle!

Edited by Spartan Girl
  • Love 4

Each season is primarily focused on one nephew. The first season was all about Dewey, so much so that even if he wasn't a part of the A or B storylines, he's the only character that appeared in every single episode. The second season is Louie's, even though there are about 7 episodes where Louie didn't even make a non-speaking cameo. So the third should be Huey's time to shine.

What happened if Louie got hungry while the DT-87 was watching him? Was Duckworth's ghost supposed to feed him? I'm surprised Louie didn't feign hunger and try to use going to the kitchen to escape.

As for "The Richest Duck in the World", I love Zan Owlson and hope she stays around, but "Moonvasion" will probably squash that. And it looks like Louie actually learned a lesson and maybe that will stick.

• Love 3

The Donald and Della reunion was everything. And I died laughing at Donald's Mickey Melon! Hope we see the real one (with Goody) "real soon"!

Man, what a season finale! So many old faces and Easter eggs! And one of Glomgold's nutty plans actually worked!

Loved Scrooge dressed as Darkwing Duck. That was awesome.

So the vultures are part of an evil organization. Not particularly shocked at that one, but bring on season three!

• Love 5

That's Gabby McStabberson. She's in the first episode as one of Glomgold's hired thugs but when Atlantis starts to fill up and Glomgold took off with the not treasure she and the rest of the crew asked Donald if they could come with him and the rest of the Ducktales crew.

• Love 1
On 9/12/2019 at 9:13 PM, Spartan Girl said:

The Donald and Della reunion was everything. And I died laughing at Donald's Mickey Melon! Hope we see the real one (with Goody) "real soon"!

Man, what a season finale! So many old faces and Easter eggs! And one of Glomgold's nutty plans actually worked!

Loved Scrooge dressed as Darkwing Duck. That was awesome.

So the vultures are part of an evil organization. Not particularly shocked at that one, but bring on season three!

I was sad when Della punted the Mickey Melon. I yelled out "I'm sorry, Wilson!" I was then upset with Gladstone eating him, but it all worked out for the best as Gladstone's tossing of the watermelon lead to the seagulls knocking Launchpad into the throttle. It's Gladstone, so of course it worked out. 

It was a great conclusion to the season. 

The ending made me think of "The Good Place" with the voice actors for Bradford Buzzard and Gandra Dee being Shawn and Tahani. I hadn't realized that Gandra had joined F.O.W.L. Poor Fenton is going to be devastated when he finds out. 

• Love 3

Glomgold!  Glomgold!  Glomgold!

The first few episodes started off a little slow but damn, did it ever pick-up from Timephoon on.  Great series of episodes with a great finale.

I loved the time going wonky in Timephoon.  I got a good laugh out of Launchpad's delayed "Oooh" to Louie's burn of Della at the end of that one.

I thought GlomTales would be a crowning point to the wonderful insanity that is Glomgold but I loved how his sheer idiocy saved the day and seeing him fighting alongside Scrooge was great fun.  Epic finale that really showed how huge the world of DuckTales is and I can't wait for Season 3.

Donald's "Mickey Melon" was disturbingly hilarious.

Edited by benteen
  • Love 5

I never saw the original Ducktales but I love this take on it.  Webby is just completely adorable and super-badass.  Also, Scrooge travels around having adventures with younger companions.  He is The Duckter.

• Love 3
On 9/22/2019 at 10:38 AM, johntfs said:

I never saw the original Ducktales but I love this take on it.  Webby is just completely adorable and super-badass.  Also, Scrooge travels around having adventures with younger companions.  He is The Duckter.

As if being voiced by the Tenth Doctor (David Tennant) weren't enough, you could easily make the claim that Scrooge is a timelord as he is at least 150 years old at this point. Also, Magica De Spell is voiced by Donna Noble (Catherine Tate). There are plenty of Doctor Who references in the show. 

• Love 1

As I understand in some weird future in the old show Webby and Doofus ended up married.  I kind of hope there's an episode where Doofus develops a (creepy, possessive) crush on Webby.  He'll kidnap her to make her his girlfriend.  And she will beat the tail-feathers off him and it will be glorious.

• Love 2

I've finally been watching more of Season 2. "Moonvasion" was a great episode. I liked the whole concept of Earth being in danger, and all the characters, whether friends or enemies, teaming up to save it.