Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
zxy556575

Aftermath in the Media

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, MisterBluxom said:

I think you might enjoy reading Mike Rinder's blog.  I also think you would fit right in and that many of the people there would enjoy hearing from you.

www.mikerindersblog.org

If I got the link wrong, just Google for "Mike Rinder's Blog".

Thanks MisterBluxom, I check in on Mike’s blog periodically and I just subscribed.  It’s a good way to keep up with things during the off season.

I wanted to pass on something that I read about on Mike’s blog today.  I will leave it up to the moderators whether this is the correct place to post it or if we can post it on several of the threads to get maximum saturation.  I think we have talked about the Aftermath Foundation being an awesome way to help those who have suffered at the hands of Co$ and/or feel trapped.  Certainly Aaron’s YouTube video the other day about his most recent brush with “fair gaming” was a good reminder of the good that the foundation is doing.  I know that not everyone has a lot of money to give to charity and it might be difficult to budget a contribution to the foundation.  But, did you know that the Aftermath Foundation is set up with Amazon.Smile?  Just by making your normal Amazon purchases through their charity division, they will donate a portion to the charity of your choice.  So you don’t really have to do anything extra to help people.  Just designate who you want Amazon to donate to and make your regular purchases.  Tell everyone you know that shops on Amazon a lot!  Or just make it a goal to tell two people.  For those of us wondering what we can do - there you go!  I trust the foundation to vet recipients and use my contributions in the best way possible.  Thanks for listening.

  • Like 3
  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post

54 minutes ago, HighlandWarriorGrl said:

Thanks MisterBluxom, I check in on Mike’s blog periodically and I just subscribed.  It’s a good way to keep up with things during the off season.

I wanted to pass on something that I read about on Mike’s blog today.  I will leave it up to the moderators whether this is the correct place to post it or if we can post it on several of the threads to get maximum saturation.  I think we have talked about the Aftermath Foundation being an awesome way to help those who have suffered at the hands of Co$ and/or feel trapped.  Certainly Aaron’s YouTube video the other day about his most recent brush with “fair gaming” was a good reminder of the good that the foundation is doing.  I know that not everyone has a lot of money to give to charity and it might be difficult to budget a contribution to the foundation.  But, did you know that the Aftermath Foundation is set up with Amazon.Smile?  Just by making your normal Amazon purchases through their charity division, they will donate a portion to the charity of your choice.  So you don’t really have to do anything extra to help people.  Just designate who you want Amazon to donate to and make your regular purchases.  Tell everyone you know that shops on Amazon a lot!  Or just make it a goal to tell two people.  For those of us wondering what we can do - there you go!  I trust the foundation to vet recipients and use my contributions in the best way possible.  Thanks for listening.

Excellent post, HLWG!

Share this post


Link to post
On 2/22/2019 at 11:52 PM, Skycatcher said:

Anyone read this week's Enquirer cover story about Shelly Miscavage "being found" after 13 years?  I won't spend the $$, but am curious what it says.

Hey, I think I found it here : https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwiotpTA4dbgAhWoxoUKHfdTB8cQFjAAegQIAxAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.pressreader.com%2Fusa%2Fnational-enquirer%2F20190301%2F281943134157232&usg=AOvVaw24vCBIRDBrx4I1_EO4vNxW !

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 2/25/2019 at 6:21 AM, Diane Mars said:

So . . . . . the "media" outlet that has been known to be a joke for years and years and that employs similar tactics to Scientology (anyone following the Jeff Bezos attempted blackmail/intimidation attempt by them?) is the one to "break" this story? If anyone took this seriously for even one minute, shame on them. Just like Co$, its all about the money for them and nothing else. 

This story actually makes me angry for some reason. . .  🤬

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

6 hours ago, SailorGirl said:

This story actually makes me angry for some reason. . .  🤬

I can tell you why it makes me angry. That woman is clearly not Shelly Miscavige. They know it's not her they talked to Mike Rinder and other people who know her and they all said that woman is clearly not Shelly Miscavige. She looks nothing like Shelly. But Scientologists and other doubters will be using this story for years to say "See she's fine, she was on the Freewinds. She's just choosing not to be public." It's just a cash grab that will actually hurt the chances of ever getting justice for Shelly. 

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post

I guess this should go in this thread, but cruisefever.com is reporting one of their ships is under quarantine because a crew member has the measles.  I can't post the link on my kindle.  They have been under quarantine since Monday.  I guess they need a super duper Scientology dr. because I doubt many of the people onboard are vaccinated.

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, toodles said:

I guess this should go in this thread, but cruisefever.com is reporting one of their ships is under quarantine because a crew member has the measles.  I can't post the link on my kindle.  They have been under quarantine since Monday.  I guess they need a super duper Scientology dr. because I doubt many of the people onboard are vaccinated.

https://www.wtsp.com/article/news/nation-world/scientology-cruise-ship-quarantined-after-crew-member-tests-positive-for-measles/67-5a883284-d2a1-48ae-bcb6-0bd068657e77
 

With 300+ $cientologists, I wonder how many aren't vaccinated?

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, juliet73 said:

Since, according to the website (NOT providing a link - they don't need the traffic), the ship is "a religious retreat that marks for Scientologists the pinnacle of their journey to total spiritual freedom."

That's a whole lotta money at risk for them if a worst case scenario occurs, since no one reaches any pinnacles in Scientology without ponying up a lot of $$$$$! 

Share this post


Link to post

I don't know if I should feel sorry for a person involved in Scientology, but I can't help but wonder what "they" will do to patient zero if they survive.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Snow Apple said:

I don't know if I should feel sorry for a person involved in Scientology, but I can't help but wonder what "they" will do to patient zero if they survive.

Auditing, auditing and more auditing which translate to $$$$, $$$$ and more $$$$.  Plus, they'll probably have to clean/disinfect the entire ship top to bottom with bleach and a toothbrush for the remainder of their life.  I can guarantee that person will be blamed for getting measles in the first place.  They should have been able to ward off disease with their super $cientology powers.  

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

Not sure if I can post this because it’s not about Aftermath specifically but if they can get this guy (and his lackies) for racketeering why can’t they go after CO$ the same way? 

We already know there’s a ton of victims who’ve spoken up, so frustrating that nothing happens.

Keith Raniere of NXIVM found guilty

  • Like 2
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post

Quote
9 hours ago, LilWharveyGal said:

There is hope, @summitsw.  Co$ and Miscavige are being sued.

I didn’t realise someone had actually filed. Let’s hope everyone who has been on the show piles on and adds some weight. These guys are despicable and deserve to get everything they have coming to them. 

One also has to imagine that these lawyers will now be fair gamed as per the CO$ rules and should be able to add their own evidence to the trial documents. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, SailorGirl said:

Wow, the next thing her lawyers should do is sue the Tampa Bay Times. The ridiculous level of detail they gave about her made it completely obvious who she is, even though they refer to her as Jane Doe and say it’s for her safety. How stupid is that reporter? I knew who they were talking about before I was halfway through the article, and then they provided exact details of her involvement with Aftermath and Leah just to drive the point home. Although if they do come after her for the lawsuit it would just prove her point. Still though. Don’t reporters have any level of duty of care? 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, summitsw said:

Wow, the next thing her lawyers should do is sue the Tampa Bay Times. The ridiculous level of detail they gave about her made it completely obvious who she is, even though they refer to her as Jane Doe and say it’s for her safety. How stupid is that reporter? I knew who they were talking about before I was halfway through the article, and then they provided exact details of her involvement with Aftermath and Leah just to drive the point home. Although if they do come after her for the lawsuit it would just prove her point. Still though. Don’t reporters have any level of duty of care? 

I am not sure but I think that what the paper published is public record. The fact that she is not named in the lawsuit, even though her story has already aired, might be following some procedure, or maybe forcing the cult to hold back the threats. I don't know, pure speculation on my part. I just don't think it was something that the journalist missed, but something done either because it is the procedure of such suits, or on purpose, an attempt to move the conversation in a certain direction. Besides, a lot of people who don't watch the show can have an idea of what happened and not who the person is.

Share this post


Link to post
Quote
16 minutes ago, alexvillage said:

I am not sure but I think that what the paper published is public record. The fact that she is not named in the lawsuit, even though her story has already aired, might be following some procedure, or maybe forcing the cult to hold back the threats. I don't know, pure speculation on my part. I just don't think it was something that the journalist missed, but something done either because it is the procedure of such suits, or on purpose, an attempt to move the conversation in a certain direction. Besides, a lot of people who don't watch the show can have an idea of what happened and not who the person is.

I get what they were trying to do but that could have been accomplished without revealing quite so many details. And it makes me wonder why even bother going with a Jane Doe pseudonym if you then reveal those items in the suit and make it simple to identify her. Maybe as you say, it’s some legal manoeuvre, you’d think the CO$ would be smart and lay off fair game for this suit, but I’m kinda hoping they don’t, just so it’s easier to bring them down. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

2 minutes ago, summitsw said:

I get what they were trying to do but that could have been accomplished without revealing quite so many details.

Yeah, that's part of what corporate journalism has become: sensationalism.

  • Like 4
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, summitsw said:

Wow, the next thing her lawyers should do is sue the Tampa Bay Times. The ridiculous level of detail they gave about her made it completely obvious who she is, even though they refer to her as Jane Doe and say it’s for her safety. How stupid is that reporter? I knew who they were talking about before I was halfway through the article, and then they provided exact details of her involvement with Aftermath and Leah just to drive the point home. Although if they do come after her for the lawsuit it would just prove her point. Still though. Don’t reporters have any level of duty of care? 

The Tony Ortega piece flat out names who Jane Doe is. I think that, unless you watch the show or follow scientology, most people wouldn't know who it is. That said, it doesn't take a lot of effort to google about the car escape but I think most people won't bother. 

"Jane Doe" certainly hasn't kept under the radar -- she's made everything that's claimed in this lawsuit very public -- I believe one of the articles said that its a legal requirement to file as Jane or John Doe with certain types of cases no matter what. 

We all speculated when Leah and Mike met with lawyers (that the cameras weren't allowed to film) that something like this was coming. Its my personal opinion that this is the first step of a very well-planned strategy with many suits to be filed to begin toppling the house of cards. There's no way this is a one-off case. 

Jane Doe's case is recent enough that the statute of limitations hasn't run out. Many of the other possible cases have passed the statute of limitations. I am no lawyer but if they file a case within the statute of limitations and win, I'm wondering if they can go back to the other cases and re-open them. 

There is definitely a bigger strategy at play here than just this one lawsuit.

I've got the popcorn and tequila -- let the show begin! 

Too bad this is filed in California -- I'm so close to Clearwater, I would totally take a day off work and go be a courtroom spectator for this! 

Edited by SailorGirl
  • Like 13
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

The lawsuit was filed as the Plaintiff being JANE DOE per legal protocol.  The Tampa Bay Times and its reporter(s) is not subject to a lawsuit for reporting on the filed lawsuit as such.  The newspaper brought to the readers more information because that is what its function is.  I see no sensationalism or malpractice here.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

On 6/19/2019 at 3:57 PM, SailorGirl said:

They should take a leaf out of Scientology's own harassment book and file multiple lawsuits with single plaintiffs in multiple jurisdictions, forcing Scientology to mount a defense in a hundred different courtrooms.  AND DO NOT SETTLE.  Make sure these suits get to the discovery phase.  

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
On 8/12/2019 at 3:02 PM, Carolina Girl said:

They should take a leaf out of Scientology's own harassment book and file multiple lawsuits with single plaintiffs in multiple jurisdictions, forcing Scientology to mount a defense in a hundred different courtrooms.  AND DO NOT SETTLE.  Make sure these suits get to the discovery phase.  

Quoted for emphasis. From your lips to Xenu’s ears... 🤞🏾

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

I am watching "The Family" on Netflix -- it is chilling and there are a LOT of similarities to the underhanded operations of Scientology. If you have Netflix, watch it. It is about the infiltration into the highest reaches of our government by a shadow religious organization -- it is very disturbing. The Family was founded in the 1950s, believes that certain people are "chosen" to be put into positions of power, and their founder wrote a plan of how they will achieve international infiltration at the highest levels of power. One of their main goals? "Maintain tax exempt status." 

The IRS managed to revoke part of this group's tax-exempt status -- still can't believe they couldn't do the same to $cientology. 



 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

And now Leah’s calling out Elizabeth Moss, Kirstie Alley and Giovanni Ribissi. 

Leah Remini Sounds off on Hypocrisy of Elizabeth Moss

She’s totally right, I can’t stand how much the media cow tow to EM as though she’s some kind of righteous feminist while she belongs to a piece of shit cult. I’m totally dreading the sycophantic crap we’ll have to put up with when Tom Cruise goes on tour to promote Top Gun 2. 

Meanwhile, Leah continues to be the best kind of badass. I could not love her more. 

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, summitsw said:

And now Leah’s calling out Elizabeth Moss, Kirstie Alley and Giovanni Ribissi. 

Leah Remini Sounds off on Hypocrisy of Elizabeth Moss

She’s totally right, I can’t stand how much the media cow tow to EM as though she’s some kind of righteous feminist while she belongs to a piece of shit cult. I’m totally dreading the sycophantic crap we’ll have to put up with when Tom Cruise goes on tour to promote Top Gun 2. 

Meanwhile, Leah continues to be the best kind of badass. I could not love her more. 

I agree with you and I agree with Leah. EM says that people should inform themselves, then people do, then she claims that the information is incorrect? No darling, you cannot have it both ways. And she is either clueless, or really awful because the analogies between what happens in Gilead and the scientology world are enormous. As far as I know, she doesn't have family attachments she can use as an excuse to not say anything for fear of retaliation. Even that excuse does not work for everyone, imo. So-called celebrities have special treatment and a lot of non-celebrity people sound the alarm and lost loved ones, as we all know. 

Good for Leah to use all the words that need to be used instead of elevating EM - which is an ok actor treated as if she is an unmatched talent - to a voice of moderations. There is no moderation in cults. Extremism is part of the whole thing.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, summitsw said:

And now Leah’s calling out Elizabeth Moss, Kirstie Alley and Giovanni Ribissi. 

Leah Remini Sounds off on Hypocrisy of Elizabeth Moss

She’s totally right, I can’t stand how much the media cow tow to EM as though she’s some kind of righteous feminist while she belongs to a piece of shit cult. I’m totally dreading the sycophantic crap we’ll have to put up with when Tom Cruise goes on tour to promote Top Gun 2. 

Meanwhile, Leah continues to be the best kind of badass. I could not love her more. 

I feel exactly the same way. I just adore her. 

Quote

She then aimed her ire at Giovanni Ribisi, another prominent Hollywood Scientologist. “And you have the Giovannis [Ribisi] of the world saying I sound disgruntled, and I was a friend of Giovanni’s too, and they can all kiss my fat ass with their bullshit. They can kiss my ass,” Remini exclaimed. “If they want to ever comment about me publicly, they can do it to my face—and they will never. Giovanni was supposed to be at an Emmy event and didn’t show up because he knew I would be there. That’s the kind of pussy shit we’re talking about. Kirstie Alley blocked me on Twitter. She wants to call me a twat? She knows where I live.”

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, jenrising said:

She then aimed her ire at Giovanni Ribisi, another prominent Hollywood Scientologist. “And you have the Giovannis [Ribisi] of the world saying I sound disgruntled, and I was a friend of Giovanni’s too, and they can all kiss my fat ass with their bullshit. They can kiss my ass,” Remini exclaimed. “If they want to ever comment about me publicly, they can do it to my face—and they will never. Giovanni was supposed to be at an Emmy event and didn’t show up because he knew I would be there. That’s the kind of pussy shit we’re talking about. Kirstie Alley blocked me on Twitter. She wants to call me a twat? She knows where I live.”

I just love how much she is not having any of their bullshit. I wish the media would jump on this more. Every time one of these CO$ asshats is in a show and does press the media should be asking Scientology questions. I’m avoiding shows/movies/etc that have any Scientologist in them, no matter what. I don’t want to be a party to making DM and his phoneys any more money. Unfortunately, the world at large doesn’t care that Tom Cruise is the pseudo head of an organisation that continues to wreck people’s lives. 

  • Like 5
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post

Did they pull the special?  I checked my direct tv guide and they are showing pirates of the Caribbean movies instead.   I couldn't find anything on Google.  

I had the special scheduled to record a couple of weeks ago.

ETA:  I checked the A &E website and they still show it scheduled.  I'm so confused.

Edited by toodles

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size