Type keyword(s) to search

Aftermath in the Media

• Start Topic

5 minutes ago, Cupcake04 said:

Not sure of this is the right thread but I just saw a commercial that the Scientology Network premieres March 20th on DirectTV channel 320.  

I just saw the same also.

Avoid channel 320!!

WTF DirectTV?

• Love 6
1 minute ago, mbaywife123 said:

I just saw the same also.

Avoid channel 320!!

WTF DirectTV?

I know, right??  I wonder if I call I can get the station blocked.  I don't want to go there even by accident....I gotta threaten everyone in the house to stay away from it.

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, Cupcake04 said:

I know, right??  I wonder if I call I can get the station blocked.  I don't want to go there even by accident....I gotta threaten everyone in the house to stay away from it.

I will be sending DirecTV an email shortly.

I do not want $cientology anywhere near my paid programming that I spend approx. 200.00 + a month for!

Everyone start emailing DirectTV now!

• Love 3

Here's a Variety article about it. 

Here are some instructions I found on blocking channels when it comes to DirecTV. I have plenty blocked with U-verse especially all the religious ones with nasty guys like Swaggart and Bakker. If AT&T tries adding the channel to the U-verse lineup I'll be blocking it too.

Menu (button)>Options>System>Hide Channels

Be sure to "Save" when done. 

Each TV must be done separately.

• Love 3

FYI: It will be available on Apple TV, iTunes, Roku, DirecTV, Chromecast and Google Play, and Amazon’s Fire TV.

“The only thing more interesting that what you’ve heard is what you haven’t."

Like...where's Shelley?

Edited by juliet73
  • Love 10

Wish everyone would just reply to any stories or reports about $ciontology just: Where is Shelly?( I guess everyone figures at this point that David is holding her hostage or that she is dead and buried on gold base?)

• Love 2
12 hours ago, Cupcake04 said:

Not sure of this is the right thread but I just saw a commercial that the Scientology Network premieres March 20th on DirectTV channel 320.  

I saw it as well and I am disgusted beyond belief.  I have contacted DTV today and asked them to explain how they could give a forum to a child abusing cult and asked them if they had any future plans for the Warren Jeffs channel.   If you have DTV or use any AT&T product, contact them immediately.  Trying to raise Leah Remini on Twitter to get the word out.   Question - have they purchased a similar channel on Comcast/Xfinity and ATT Uverse?

• Love 6

I'm expecting continuous reruns of Tom Cruise movies plus Look Who's Talking 1 & 2.  If it's a channel of their own productions, it'll backfire because people will just make fun of them.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Stuffy said:

I'm expecting continuous reruns of Tom Cruise movies plus Look Who's Talking 1 & 2.  If it's a channel of their own productions, it'll backfire because people will just make fun of them.

I think that might be the point.  How many people “hate watch” shows like Teen Mom and 19 Kids and Counting?     Who cares why someone watches especially if they watch with their kids.

IE it’s one of the reasons I am extremely against hate watching shows.  I like to make fun of shows as much as the next person but if I don’t actually LIKE the show I won’t watch it.   If I hate the show I really won’t watch it.

• Love 7

Good for IDtv for showing this opposite of the launch for 320 channel $camology.

Guess which channel is blocked on my DirecTV, and it is the only one of all channels I receive.

Kind of ironic that the channel that $cientology took over was an infomercial channel since $cientology is nothing more than MLM bad book club.

• Love 4
On 3/11/2018 at 8:53 PM, Cupcake04 said:

I just came here to say this. I’m horrified because I have DirecTV and I don’t want my money going to this network. I guess I’ll be calling them tomorrow. 

• Love 1

I turned it on for about 3 minutes yesterday. It was a blank screen for 2 minutes then basically an infomercial for LRH. Turned it off after that. I felt dirty. But honestly it's going to crash and burn. I can't imagine even Scientologists will want to watch it. There are going to be some people checking it out from curiosity and then next week viewers will drop off sharply.  I just feel bad for the poor Sea Org members that are going to be held responsible for the down stats. 

• Love 1

Directv got 4 million from Scientology for the channel.    Which is why they'd allow this crap on the air. I let Directv know how astounded I was that they allowed this cash grab "religion" airtime.

• Love 7
8 hours ago, WInterfalls said:

I turned it on for about 3 minutes yesterday. It was a blank screen for 2 minutes then basically an infomercial for LRH. Turned it off after that. I felt dirty. But honestly it's going to crash and burn. I can't imagine even Scientologists will want to watch it. There are going to be some people checking it out from curiosity and then next week viewers will drop off sharply.  I just feel bad for the poor Sea Org members that are going to be held responsible for the down stats. 

I admit that I watched about 5 mins of it.  I was curious, not about the "religion", but what the channel was going to broadcast.  From what little I saw, it did look like an infomercial.  People from all around the world were saying how "$cientology is about freedom and how it fights for ALL rights of mankind, etc."  Ha! I'm sure members of the sea org would have a different opinion.  The people, or should I say robots, basically all said the same thing and most of them barely blinked, if at all.  Then the E-meter was discussed.  The auditor was totally robotic and the can holder was acting like Tom Cruise! He was smiling and laughing as if wasting $250k talking about his "past lives" was the best thing that ever happened to him.  I turned it off after that.  However, I did go through the guide to see what their programming was going to consist of.  It was the same 4 shows for the next couple of days.  The infomercial, an LRH special, "Meet a Scientologist" - the description was the a couple who make banjos, and some other show that was described as how "$cientology is ending violence in LA gang territory and drug ridden Columbia."  LOL!  At this point, I think if you look up the word ABSURD in the dictionary, the definition will say: the $cientology channel.

On 3/12/2018 at 2:26 PM, ramble said:

Speaking of Shelly... 

Allegedly missing 'Scientology Queen' the subject of a new Vanity Fair documentary. 

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2018/03/12/alleged-missing-scientology-queen-subject-new-vanity-fair-documentary.html

I watched this.  It was mostly the same info that has been discussed in other shows/books.  However, it was mentioned that someone inside the "church's" mail room confirmed mail/packages are being forwarded to Shelly at the "Church of Spiritual Technology" near Lake Arrowhead.  So, at least she's alive...barely.  Lisa McPherson was also discussed. 

• Love 2

So the more I think about this total debacle with the CO$ and DirecTv my thoughts wander as follow:

$cientology approches DTV about a channel and DTV advises that they do not currently have any channels available,

$cientology comes back with a nasty response (as per the norm) to DTV that they are unfairly being discriminated against due to religious bigotry.

Some wise, knowledgeable, up to speed person at DTV programming responds that they do not have any programming available in their religious channels section but they do have a channel for sale 320. Genius,  because this is all $cientology is about,one long bad book club scam schilling for dollars.

DTV screws CO$ for 4M for the channel and it goes off the air within a few months.

• Love 4
On 3/13/2018 at 11:36 PM, mbaywife123 said:

So the more I think about this total debacle with the CO$ and DirecTv my thoughts wander as follow:

$cientology approches DTV about a channel and DTV advises that they do not currently have any channels available,

$cientology comes back with a nasty response (as per the norm) to DTV that they are unfairly being discriminated against due to religious bigotry.

Some wise, knowledgeable, up to speed person at DTV programming responds that they do not have any programming available in their religious channels section but they do have a channel for sale 320. Genius,  because this is all $cientology is about,one long bad book club scam schilling for dollars.

DTV screws CO$ for 4M for the channel and it goes off the air within a few months.

I believe Mike Rinder posted on his blog how Scamatology paid a Los Angeles PBS station for its old, run down production studio. The station made $45 million and kept its FCC license, while all Scamatology got was a run down production studio that needed significant upgrades.

Because Scamatology bought a satellite channel, they don't need to get an FCC license. However, if they decided they wanted to set up their own full-cable channel or over-the-air broadcast channel, they would need to get an FCC license as the FCC has oversight powers on those types of signals.

On 3/20/2018 at 8:36 PM, mbaywife123 said:

Good grief, CO$ just had a commercial for their channel on Bravo during the RHWOBH!

They aired one during American Crime Story: The Assassination of Gianni Versace!

I wonder if they'll run one during season 3 of The Aftermath...

On ‎3‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 7:36 PM, Sew Sumi said:

I heard a commercial for the channel on the radio yesterday. A SPORTS channel (in a major market), no less. Talk about disconnection! 

These ad buys can't be cheap. 

$cientology may not have a lot of members....but one thing they do have is a LOT of money. And they'll spend every penny of it if they have to

• Love 3

Interesting new interview where Leah shares bits from her recovery journey, and confirms she is developing another series that will explore/expose other cults.

• Love 6
On 3/21/2018 at 7:36 PM, Sew Sumi said:

I heard a commercial for the channel on the radio yesterday. A SPORTS channel (in a major market), no less. Talk about disconnection! 

These ad buys can't be cheap. 

OMG earlier today we heard the commercial ever time there was a break on the radio for them. It was a classic rock station. I was telling my husband which one is it because he was flipping around at times. I wanted to file complaints on this done. I'm sick and disgusted with all these companies that took that money so this freaks can advertise. This is where a list should be set up so we all know who is doing this and airing it so complaints can be made. 

• Love 4

Anyone checking out Rinders blog?  He's been publishing book excerpts every Saturday from his anonymous source "Terra Incognito" who's writing about his experience.  It is Fascinating and at the same time jaw droppingly appalling.  The guy is documenting everything that happened when Scientology forced him to help cover up a death on their property.  The blog posts are up to week 4, if you haven't seen them yet it's well worth the read.

Because Mike posts daily but this is Saturday only easiest way to go back is open current week and scroll to the bottom of the story before the comments, links to the other weeks are there.

• Love 5
On 3/13/2018 at 6:51 PM, juliet73 said:

However, it was mentioned that someone inside the "church's" mail room confirmed mail/packages are being forwarded to Shelly at the "Church of Spiritual Technology" near Lake Arrowhead.  So, at least she's alive...barely.  Lisa McPherson was also discussed. 

A mail room clerk was probably told by David Miscavige to say this.  Sending packages to a CO$ building does not prove Shelly Miscavige is alive, well or otherwise.

• Love 5