Type keyword(s) to search

Aftermath in the Media

• Start Topic

35 minutes ago, smorbie said:

It's interested that they are turning to book clubs.  Desperation, much?

Please pardon my ignorance.  I see that this author has written on the sociology of religion (mainly Christianity), but I couldn't find a reference to $cientology.  What am I missing?

I'm sorry for the ob-stac-tle, LilWharveyGal. I read the title as Invitation to Scientology.  Thanks for pointing that out.

That does it, I'm calling the home immediately before I no longer remember how to commit myself.

• Love 4

Here is the gist of why the raid occurred:

"Police said the search by members of the National Investigation Bureau was related to an investigation into the suspected misuse of personal information and other crimes."

Other crimes not specified. Because it is an active investigation, the police won't say anything further.

The article quotes a Scamatology spokeshead that spouts the usual drivel about how this is a violation of the human rights of all Scientologists in the country, blah, blah, blah.

• Love 4

The International Documentary Association nominated Leah's show for Best Episodic Series award.  

http://www.documentary.org/awards2017/nominees

Also STAAD has decided that the show is actually a vast conspiracy being run by big pharma because (as they claim) Scientology is singlehandedly keeping prescription drugs from millions and millions of people and the pharma companies don't like that.  Mike's rebuttals are pretty funny: http://www.mikerindersblog.org/staad-scientology-conspiracy-theories/

Edited by sigmaforce86
spelling - very bad spelling!
  • Love 4
39 minutes ago, sigmaforce86 said:

Also STAAD has decided that the show is actually a vast conspiracy being run by big pharma because (as they claim) Scientology is singlehandedly keeping prescription drugs from millions and millions of people and the pharma companies don't like that.  Mike's rebuttals are pretty funny: http://www.mikerindersblog.org/staad-scientology-conspiracy-theories/

And once again, Mike Rinder for the WIN.  Idiotic, uninformed article, which became interesting reading with Mike's comments.  

• Love 5
2 hours ago, sigmaforce86 said:

The International Documentary Association nominated Leah's show for Best Episodic Series award.  

http://www.documentary.org/awards2017/nominees

I read that article and all I can say is logic is still hospitalized from being tortured so to come to those conclusions.

• Love 1

Ok. This is fascinating  to me. They got Capone through taxes. It would be SWEET if the fall of the CO$ was due to how they kept and used as blackmail material personal user information (auditing, knowledge reports, etc). It seems the European Union in general and Hungary in particular are not very happy AT ALL with the CO$. 

https://tonyortega.org/2017/10/25/chris-owen-how-one-country-at-least-is-savaging-scientologys-privacy-nightmare/

I don't think this is a minor development. I'm hoping it's just the beginning. 

• Love 8

I'm not wild about this link, HOWEVER, it has some VERY interesting photos.  Check it out.  IT's mainly about this being the 9th year anniversary of David Miscavige's wife disappearing.  It has a photo of her years ago as an attendant in her sister's wedding.  L. RON Hubbard gave the bride away.  Lots of interesting tidbits of info.  

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4946072/Ex-Scientologist-says-Shelly-Miscavige-hell.html

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Ruprecht said:

Ok. This is fascinating  to me. They got Capone through taxes. It would be SWEET if the fall of the CO$ was due to how they kept and used as blackmail material personal user information (auditing, knowledge reports, etc). It seems the European Union in general and Hungary in particular are not very happy AT ALL with the CO$. 

https://tonyortega.org/2017/10/25/chris-owen-how-one-country-at-least-is-savaging-scientologys-privacy-nightmare/

I don't think this is a minor development. I'm hoping it's just the beginning. 

That was a fascinating read indeed. I don't think its minor either. Way to go Hungary! I only wish I could have seen CO$ reactions to that. I'm sure they'll probably ignore it. But Hungary doesn't seem like its going to back down. So most of Scientology's "data" collecting is illegal, they can't gather it, they can't share it, use it or send it anywhere? Appealing the decision might not get them anywhere. The findings are the same as the laws in the EU? It'll be interesting to see what Scientology's response will be. 

• Love 3

I was watching a show on the Viceland channel.

In case you haven't heard of Viceland, it's a channel geared toward twenty somethings and potheads. I'm most assuredly not their demographic, but I like a couple of their shows.

ANYWAY,  what should come on but a bright, shinny commercial for CO$.  it looked just like one of those cheesy rally videos.  And in a fun bit of irony, the commercial talks about the thousands of people with drug problems that were helped by CO$.  On Viceland, the pot channel.

i think Leah and Mike have CO$ on the run.

Edited by toodles
  • Love 7

Did you find the ads by COS on Viceland channel credible? I know how Leah, Mike and other contributors describe the harassment, lies, and underhanded tactics of the COS for those who leave and expose their abuses and outrageous policies and I get how they are a huge organization with a lot of money, but, from what I have seen, they also have a pretty unsophisticated appreciation for how they come off.  I suppose their best work consist of the mini videos of those who stay in COS and diss their family members who left, but, even those are suspect.  I mean, are the people at the top of this thing all that smart? 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Did you find the ads by COS on Viceland channel credible? I know how Leah, Mike and other contributors describe the harassment, lies, and underhanded tactics of the COS for those who leave and expose their abuses and outrageous policies and I get how they are a huge organization with a lot of money, but, from what I have seen, they also have a pretty unsophisticated appreciation for how they come off.  I suppose their best work consist of the mini videos of those who stay in COS and diss their family members who left, but, even those are suspect.  I mean, are the people at the top of this thing all that smart? 

The ad was the same type of video that we saw at their rally.  Pretty people and statements about the MILLIONS of CO$ members saving the planet.  I thought it was so odd for Viceland.  I haven't seen it but the one time.

Edited by toodles
3 hours ago, Jesse said:

My DVR is telling me ep2.12 is going to be on tomorrow night at 8, in case that's news to anyone else!

Yes, that's correct. It's a bonus episode. I believe it's another round table type discussion.

Looked at my DVR. Tomorrow is Propaganda Arms at 8 eastern (7 central). Tuesday is The Life and Lies of L. Ron Hubbard at the normal time, with an extra chat right before. The following Tuesday is the ask me anything ep. about season 2 at 8 eastern (7 central).

On 11/8/2017 at 10:06 AM, SunnyBeBe said:

I heard a podcast where they interviewed the gentleman that developed the Dianetics ad campaign in the 70's. It was a huge deal at the time and resulted in Co$ having their best recruiting efforts. The sense I got was that part of the problem with Co$ generally is that they staffed all of their businesses based not on abilities or experience, but based on a combination of internal favor and luck. So while he was in charge, they had a really successful campaign. At some point he fell out of favor/new leadership took over and the job was given to someone who wasn't very good at it. Now, it seems like the ad folks are true believers, but not necessarily people who are good at the job of selling stuff that no one wants to people that don't know that they need it.

• Love 6
On 11/11/2017 at 8:56 PM, italianguy626 said:

Looked at my DVR. Tomorrow is Propaganda Arms at 8 eastern (7 central). Tuesday is The Life and Lies of L. Ron Hubbard at the normal time, with an extra chat right before. The following Tuesday is the ask me anything ep. about season 2 at 8 eastern (7 central).

My damn DVR picked up the Propaganda Arms and the Extra Chat the next night. Of course it didn't pick up The Life and Lies of L. Ron Hubbard. 

On 2017-11-15 at 7:30 PM, italianguy626 said:

US Weekly’s cover story this week is about Leah and her quest to take down Scamatology.

Web preview of story.

I hope it’s not too late to buy this I want to support her anyway possible 

Also hoping everyone who watches this show gets a copy. 

Edited by Dahlia
Spelling
  • Love 1

I saw a commercial for L. Ron Hubbard today.  Not CO$, but LRH.  The gist is that he is the best person ever.  It was on the Cooking Channel.  They said to go to L. Ron Hubbard. com.  There is no way I'm going to that site.  

I think Aftermath is cutting CO$ to the core.

Edited by toodles
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, toodles said:

I saw a commercial for L. Ron Hubbard today.  Not CO$, but LRH.  The gist is that he is the best person ever.  It was on the Cooking Channel.  They said to go to L. Ron Hubbard. com.  There is no way I'm going to that site.  

I think Aftermath is cutting CO$ to the core.

I went to it using incognito mode in my browser. It's all about how great a man LRH was and how he helped so many people through his research and technology. Its been in existence since 1995, around the time Scamatology was battling alt.religion.scientology on Usenet and the online publication and distribution of the OTIII level. It's clear on the site that it has been put together by Scamatology.

• Love 2
54 minutes ago, italianguy626 said:

I went to it using incognito mode in my browser. It's all about how great a man LRH was and how he helped so many people through his research and technology. Its been in existence since 1995, around the time Scamatology was battling alt.religion.scientology on Usenet and the online publication and distribution of the OTIII level. It's clear on the site that it has been put together by Scamatology.

Thanks for taking one for the team.  :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) 

• Love 1

I think I figured out my DVR issue. In the series recording settings for this show it was set to record once a day, anytime and any day. So it was thinking the few minute chats were the new episodes and recorded those instead of the actual show. I fixed it. Hopefully this show will get picked up for a 3rd season.

• Love 1
On 12/2/2017 at 10:32 AM, MaryMitch said:

The Onion is supposed to be satire. This is not funny, not clever, and the way it's written people might think it's the truth.

I think that is the onion's thing, writing their satire so well people could see that it is true, then look at the source and say ... you got me! I read it and being a watcher of her show I could tell it hit all the buzz words and was a joke. 

• Love 1
On 12/2/2017 at 9:32 AM, MaryMitch said:

The Onion is supposed to be satire. This is not funny, not clever, and the way it's written people might think it's the truth.

I think the reference to being in a labor camp (which CO$ denies exist) is the clue to the satire.

• Love 1

I really don't know where to put it, so it will be here, lol !

If you're in the area, go there ! I'll never be able to attend, as I'm on another continent, but if I could, I would !

Edited by Diane Mars
  • Love 4

https://www.irishcentral.com/news/scientology-irish-schools-ireland

Figured this was probably the place to put this. Seems they are sending dvds, leaflets and posters to schools in Ireland. Disturbing of course. A few points in it to quote...this was funny

The glossy material, labeled educational in nature, hails their founder, L. Ron Hubbard, as a champion of human rights similar to Mandela or Gandhi.

Of course they make it not obvious. They know it will get dumped in the trash where it belongs if they realize it right away. I am glad those that did catch on dumped it like it should be. I hope they discussed it with those that didn't on why it should be trashed. 

The literature makes no mention of the organization’s links to the church and the connection is easy to miss.

“They embed the ideology into it in a very discreet way. You’d have to really look to see it. It’s kind of a covert way of getting into schools,” religion teacher, Chris Gueret, told the Irish Times.

Other teachers told the newspaper they had also put the material in the bin as soon as they realized who it was from, but a number said they knew of colleagues who had used it.

This is of course because the Irish are not going to flip and just dump being a Catholic or Protestant for this.

Ireland’s Scientology community remains small – only 87 members according to the last census – but it has long hoped to establish itself as a major force in Irish society. 

Now wouldn't it be nice if all others around the world would do the same that are in government offices? 

Last year the group launched what it called a “National Affairs Office” in Dublin city center and in October opened a community center in the suburb of Firhouse. The church says thousands have already visited, but local Sinn Féin legislator Seán Crowe labeled the group a “cult.”

They were also handing out leaflets to those coming out of medical places as well. SMH 

• Love 2

So not sure where to really put this but watching the show Nashville and wondering if there is a former link to the cult in their crew or they are just trying to point out disturbing crazy cult stuff because of all that is going on with Leah's show and such. Yet a character being swept towards one during a (yet another) downward time, being told she had to give them 30% of her income to them, wanting a well known celeb as part of them and so on. I'm just waiting for the you can't be around your daughter or boyfriend if they aren't part of it. LOL It also sort of has that touch of what I think is going on with the "church" it seems Justin Bieber is part of as well...suck in a big celeb name to come around and be part of deal. SMH