Type keyword(s) to search

Aftermath in the Media

• Start Topic

On 8/17/2017 at 9:29 AM, juliet73 said:

I thought this portion of the Co$ statement was against everything the "church" stood for:

"Regarding your allegation on mental health, this too is false, and as we do not treat those who are mentally ill, we encourage such individuals to be examined by a competent doctor."

I'm pretty sure the Co$ just recommended seeking help from a psychologist or psychiatrist!

Didn't Cruise go nuts on Matt Lauer on this exact issue?????

• Love 4
4 hours ago, pinguina said:

I really enjoyed this episode too.

The breakdown of money spent was interesting to say the least.  But (I have said before in another post) having to pay for annual membership, courses, books, and mandated "assemblies" throughout the year - aren't those enough red flags that this "organization" is NOT a religion?  Most real religions don't do that to their parishioners/congregations/members/believers.  Most churches offer services for free (even to people who do not "belong"). Or  charge a nominal fee (to cover basic costs of services) which can still be negotiated if the person is in need.  Haven't any of these people been part of or around anyone who belong to a traditional church or have a traditional faith?  All I can do is compare to my faith/church.  We do give to our church but just what we can afford.  We are offered classes, books, services, etc.  Sometimes they are free and sometimes there is a nominal fee to cover costs but that's it.  I don't understand how they can think it is normal to give all of their $ and get into debt to give even more.

I thought it was funny when Leah was going to find out about Xenu and her mom asked to be with her when she did.  Leah's reaction was"WTF" and when she looked at her mother, her mother's reaction was "Isn't it amazing?"  I laughed!!

The total cost to get to level 8 was about half a million dollars!! (This doesn't include "regular" church stuff like books, tapes, mandatory offerings.)  But if you don't receive all the "gifts" it is because you still need level 9 and 10 - which has not been invented yet.  And keep in mind that in an instant you might have to start all over again!!

Sounds fucking amazing -- where do I sign up?  

• Love 1
On 8/17/2017 at 0:29 PM, juliet73 said:

I thought this portion of the Co$ statement was against everything the "church" stood for:

"Regarding your allegation on mental health, this too is false, and as we do not treat those who are mentally ill, we encourage such individuals to be examined by a competent doctor."

I'm pretty sure the Co$ just recommended seeking help from a psychologist or psychiatrist!

Two words:  Lisa McPherson

On 8/25/2017 at 9:46 AM, JocelynCavanaugh said:

The "Church" has started buying ad space on Instagram. They splice scenes of Leah together terribly to try to make her look like she's just doing this for money. Fortunately, based on the comments, most people can tell it's BS and are reporting the ads as a scam. How desperate must Scientology be at this point?!

I commented on these on another thread.  They are so poorly edited together that even my cats can tell they aren't real.  If you're going to do something, davey, try to do it well.  

• Love 5
10 hours ago, Waterlilly said:

I wonder if the people that voted for the show to win are now on Miss Cabbage's shit list. Re: Clearwater and Irma, that also puts me in her path. Asking for prayers:(

Who is Miss Cabbage and why?

10 hours ago, Waterlilly said:

I wonder if the people that voted for the show to win are now on Miss Cabbage's shit list. Re: Clearwater and Irma, that also puts me in her path. Asking for prayers:(

Oh, I'm sorry, I responded before I read the rest of your post.  Many prayers, of course.  I'm on the east coast of the state.  We're getting tropical force rains and winds, but not the cat 5 that was headed straight for us on Thursday.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, smorbie said:

Who is Miss Cabbage and why?

David Miscavige (Miss Cabbage). The Academy of Television Arts and Sciences members who voted for Aftermath to win an Emmy would be on his shit list because he believes that the Aftermath is the desperate efforts of minimally talented famewhore.

• Love 4
13 hours ago, Waterlilly said:

Good thoughts to you and yours, WaterLilly. 

1 hour ago, ramble said:

I love, what Mike wrote: "The truth wins."  Love! 

Me, too -- and I'm so happy they won!

I've been obsessed with scientology/cults for decades, but I have no skin in the game; if I'm this happy, I can't imagine how excited people are who lost loved ones to this vicious, sickening cult.

Truth raining down everywhere.

• Love 7

Sorry about the confusion with the Nick name (Miss Cabbage). Saw it on another forum and loved it!  The Scienos must have had a mind bending circle at flag because we dodged a bullet. Prayers for those that had substantial damage, flooding and still without power:(

• Love 1
On 9/12/2017 at 7:23 PM, Waterlilly said:

Sorry about the confusion with the Nick name (Miss Cabbage). Saw it on another forum and loved it!  The Scienos must have had a mind bending circle at flag because we dodged a bullet. Prayers for those that had substantial damage, flooding and still without power:(

No probls.  Just wanted a little clarification.  And now that I know, I TOTALLY calling him that from this day forward to the end of time.

• Love 1
On 9/13/2017 at 2:14 PM, LegalParrot81 said:

Leah & Mike with ET after their Emmy Winhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tFCI7smzNM

Thanks for the link! I'm so excited for them. Though the ad I got before the actual video played was clearly paid for by the CO$ - it was a little clip of Leah saying they don't make their guests prove anything before they air their interviews, and the hokey editing and music cues were so obviously trying to make Leah's comment sound like a big admission of guilt or something. It made me chuckle. If CO$ weren't so inherently evil I'd almost feel bad for them over how terrible they are at interacting with the world, lol.

• Love 2

Good bye and good riddance CO$, you will be swept from this planet like the plague that you are. Soon your real estate holdings will be foreclosed in numerous countries and you will owe billions to the IRS as well as foreign taxation. How does it feel to be butt fu#### lil Davey. 

• Love 4
20 hours ago, MichaelaRae said:

Are you fucking kidding me with this bullshit? http://www.leahreminiaftermath.com/ Please, start suing anybody and everybody, Leah, Mike and co for the domain grab, libel, whatever the hell will stick. (Found out about this while getting an effin' YouTube ad before a video for the Ohio State University marching band, for god's sake.)

FYI.....don't click on the link like I did.....it is a HATE site towards Leah. I am pissed I clicked on it....don't want them getting any more hits. 

• Love 9
16 hours ago, Cupcake04 said:

FYI.....don't click on the link like I did.....it is a HATE site towards Leah. I am pissed I clicked on it....don't want them getting any more hits. 

They're not ad supported. Every hit is more money they pay the ISP hosting the site. The site mostly bores me.

• Love 2

Leah was doing a "live-tweet" session about her return to the Kevin Hart comedy series as a regular.  Here's an interesting back-and-forth:

During the live-tweeting, Remini also slammed a social media user who said they were “disgusted” with the show after the first season “was so good” and hoped the sitcom would “bomb & get canceled.”

Remini fired back: “And put 299 people out of work? Good wish. Disgusted?! I have another show you should watch on Tuesday on A&E see if you get disgusted then.”

I officially love her.

• Love 19

This is a funny article.  a fan of the show was somehow invited to a scientology party at int base.  She took a copy of the Karen Pressley book and posed it around the site.

/tonyortega.org/2017/09/28/aftermath-fan-gets-into-party-at-scientologys-int-base-brings-karen-pressleys-book-along/

• Love 5

^ I was just coming over here to mention today's article.  So many times while watching Aftermath I've thought, "I wish I lived closer to Not!Hemet/LA/Clearwater so I could do something to help."  This lady is awesome!  Hopefully her actions planted a seed that will eventually spur some of the base occupants on to free themselves.

• Love 3
32 minutes ago, LilWharveyGal said:

^ I was just coming over here to mention today's article.  So many times while watching Aftermath I've thought, "I wish I lived closer to Not!Hemet/LA/Clearwater so I could do something to help."  This lady is awesome!  Hopefully her actions planted a seed that will eventually spur some of the base occupants on to free themselves.

Great minds think alike.  You're bona fide, too!

Edited by smorbie

Thanks so much for sharing that link, WInterfalls! :) I'm so glad I got to see it. Anyone *coughCO$cough* who says Leah's just in this show for the money is so full of crap - you can see how deeply this show has affected Leah, and the rest of her crew as well.

• Love 6
51 minutes ago, toodles said:

I was down the YouTube CO$ rabbit hole. Ck out miss cabbage on nightline.  My, my, my.  Talk about bringing the crazy.  Wow.

His first and last appearance on an unscripted show.  The boy does not think well on his feet.

• Love 6

Like many viewers, I was fascinated and disturbed by the Going Clear documentary. And some of the most compelling interviews were with Marty Rathburn. So I found this post on Tony Ortega's web site to be disturbing and truly sad: https://tonyortega.org/2017/09/25/paul-haggis-rathbun-does-what-i-feared-and-outs-ex-scientologist-we-vowed-to-keep-secret/#more-42691

For those who don't want to read the article, here is a summary.
Paul Haggis worked with Marty when he released his resignation letter to the church. They used encrypted emails as a protection against church spies and went a step further by using code names (Paul was "Collero" and Marty was "Lightning"). They used code names for other ex-Scientologists who were consulted like Jason Beghe. But there was one person who helped who wished to remain anonymous. 

There has been speculation in the last year or so that Marty has either gone back to the church or agreed not to criticize it (either for money or as a result of blackmail). When the episode of Aftermath aired that featured Paul Haggis, the CO$ attack material included quoted text from those private emails and with the code names. Either Marty's email had been hacked or he gave the email to the CO$. Paul called Marty out on it and Marty responded on his blog pretty viciously which basically confirmed what people feared: he provided the emails (Marty's response was ridiculing Paul for being so upset rather than denying he had leaked it). Marty then posted the email on his blog and it was this content that outed the person who had wished to remain anonymous. It's an incredible breach of trust and anyone who had worked with Marty all those years ago should "Be afraid. Be very afraid." (my opinion there).

I almost think Going Clear should post some kind of post-script or update regarding Marty. 

Edited by Ruprecht
  • Love 7