Type keyword(s) to search

There's Not Enough Valtrex in the World: BiP General Discussion

• Start Topic

So, Bachelor in Paradise is apparently a thing we are getting this summer.  Yippee.

From ABC:

From the creator of The Bachelor franchise comes the new summer series, Bachelor in Paradise. Some of The Bachelor's biggest stars and villains are back. They all left The Bachelor or The Bachelorette with broken hearts, but now they know what it really takes to find love, and on Bachelor in Paradise they'll get a second chance to find their soul mates.

Contestants will live together in an isolated romantic paradise and, over the course of six episodes, we’ll follow these former bachelors and bachelorettes as they explore new romantic relationships. America will watch as they fall in love or go through renewed heartbreak.

The romantic dating series will feature new twists, shocking surprises, unexpected guests and some of the most unlikely relationships in Bachelor history, plus all the usual romance, drama and tears we’ve come to expect from the Bachelor franchise. It all comes together in the romantic television event of the summer.

Hosted by Chris Harrison, Bachelor in Paradise is produced by Next Entertainment in association with Warner Horizon Television. Mike Fleiss and Martin Hilton are executive producers.

Bachelor in Paradise premieres Monday, August 4 at 8|7c.

How, precisely, this will differ from the now defunct (?) Bachelor Pad is unclear.

The commercials they are running for this during The Bachelorette are more entertaining than the show itself. The latest one featuring Cody shirtless doing yoga & lunges did away with any pretense that this is a show about love. The voice over even basically said, c'mon ladies & enjoy a side of beef at the beach. I'm in regardless, but if the show makes fun of itself, even just a little, I'm in with a happy dance.

• Love 3

I find The Bachelorette quite boring and hardly ever watch it.  They're all so earnest.

The Bachelor is better because there are a bunch of women throwing themselves at a guy and I can vicariously experience it by putting myself in his shoes.  But it's really too earnest, too.

Bachelor Pad - and it looks like Bachelor in Paradise - is just so over-the-top ridiculous that it's fun.

After sitting through what felt like 17 hours of Andi's final episode, I found myself getting a little fast forward happy, but I actually rewound just to watch the BiP promos. It's ridiculous how excited I am for this trashy show. The drama! The romance! The heartbreak! The backstabbing! The lurve! Please oh please let it be as good as the previews look. Wait, maybe the proper wording is let it be as bad. C'mon Bachelor people, after living through the boring that was this past season you'd better deliver.

• Love 3

From what I've seen & read, it's just pretty people dating other pretty people.  No competitions, no team games and no huge prize.  Hookups & drama, just because some folks will not give up their 15 minutes of "fame" willingly.  Now obviously these people were paid to be on the show, but it's just a pageant. 

Cool by me, I like pretty things.  *LOL*

It sounds like it's going to be just like Paradise Hotel: Each week a new single comes on and people will either stick with their partners, pick the new person, or pick someone else; the last guy/girl standing gets the boot. I loooooooved Paradise Hotel, so this has potential to be the greatest show ever!

• Love 2

Was that Marcus and Clare doing the From Here to Eternity thing on the beach? Nice. They are two very pretty people if nothing else.

Clare's a good pick because she brings the drama, also Kalon (no baggage, please), Chris B. (he's a full grown man) and Brooks. We know Brooks isn't really in love unless he thinks about her every minute they're apart.

Good casting, I'm thinking, I'll be watching as they get a second chance at on camera heartbreak.

Edited by JudyObscure

Jen4, the first season of Paradise Hotel is still the gold standard for me, especially season one. It's still the most wonderfully tawdry dating reality show EVER! Is it on DVD, per chance? Temptation Island tried, bless its heart.

Gee, I wonder if the rule about having to find love every week or get evicted will result in several meaningful, long-term committed relationships. Ha! I guess it just comes down to which couple/bachelor/batchelorette fakes it the most convincingly. "I'd like to thank the Academy..."

Edited by Scout Finch
  • Love 3

Jen4, the first season of Paradise Hotel is still the gold standard for me, especially season one. It's still the most wonderfully tawdry dating reality show EVER! Is it on DVD, per chance? Temptation Island tried, bless its heart.

I remember the Fox Reality channel would re-run it back in the day... I haven't seen it anywhere on DVD. Sad face.  

I'm hoping that BiP lives up to the hype... and I'll happily watch Dylan, Marquel and Marcus walk around shirtless. 

Now that the show has premiered I'm locking this thread.  It was intended only for pre-season anticipation talk.  From this point on please post your observations in the correct episode thread.  If you have a more "general" topic you want to discuss that doesn't fit neatly into an episode thread or one of the other existing ones, consider making a new thread for it.  But only if it's something broad enough that it would likely get some chatter from others, K?  If you are unsure, PM me.  Thanks.