Type keyword(s) to search

Gilmore Girls Would You Rather?

• Start Topic

Sleeping with the zucchinis.  (Though nothing dirty. At least not on the first date.)  I don't do well with no sleep.

Speaking of the dance marathon, which is more unbelievable - that Shane actually came and stayed until the wee hours of the morning, or that Dave showed up at around 5am just to see Lane?

Lindsay for sleeping with Dean. Both were wrong, but her attitude toward Lindsay was abhorrent.  Plus sleeping with someone's husband is a lot worse than kissing a fellow teenager's boyfriend. 

Would you rather your Friday Night Dinner with the Gilmore feature escargot or an obvious set-up with a boring underwriter?

Boring set up date.  I'd rather fall asleep at the table than toss my cookies on it.  (And escargot would do that, heh.)

WYR spend a weekend with Emily at the day spa (complete with all the couple's massages and such) or shopping with her?

Oh Lord.  Both are making me laugh (and gag).  I'm going to go with the counter towel.  I'm not sure I even trust Brennan to bring out a clean plate of food, much less dig in his back pocket for something.  *shudder*

WYR have to eat Sookie's "too sewery" food, or Luke's angry breakup food?

Luke's angry breakup food. I remember a lot of being burned, so I could try and just scrape some of that off? 

Gran's "love in the afternoon" turns around and reveals himself to be - Floyd Stiles or Strobe Hayden (that name!)?

Oh dear.  Floyd I guess, though both would be heart attack material.

Based on a convo going on in one of the threads right now - which public breakup/acting out was the worst: Dean breaking up with Rory at the dance marathon, Dean yelling at Rory at Chilton when Tristan carried her books out, or Dean breaking up with Rory in front of the Male Yalies?

The male Yalies breakup was the cruelest. Who does that? I understood the dance marathon break-up. They'd been up all night, and Rory had been emotionally cheating for weeks, finally staring at Jess the whole dance competition. The town already saw that coming. The Tristan books incident was mostly for Rory's benefit, not yelled for everyone's entertainment.

But leaving Rory out in the dust in front of a group of people was ridiculous and humiliating. Pick her up, drive her home, and end it there. The only function of that scene seemed to be to set Rory up with Logan. That could've happened the next day.

Would you rather have seen Rory keep her mother's down-to-earth lifestyle or go in the direction she went (black tie parties and trust fund friends)?

• Love 1

I'd have liked to see her go back into the woods when he was "banished". We see a lot of Luke doing stuff Lorelai likes - town meetings, cheesy movies, etc. I'd like to see her take a weekend off from the town stuff and hang out with him, doing what he likes. 

Which of Rory's boyfriends (when they were dating) would you like to see Christopher spend a day with? Dean or Jess? 

Jess just because I know he would t take any of Chris' crap! :D It would be funny to watch!

Out of Lorelai's boyfriends, who would you rather see Luke actually become friends with? Max, Alex or Jason? I would add Chris but I can never see that happening! :P

Alex is the only one I can remotely imagine Luke becoming friends with, so he gets my vote.  Max is too smarmy and intellectually arrogant, and Jason is too neurotic.  Luke would have zero patience for either of them.

Luke's surprise daughter was with someone we had actually seen him with on the show.  Is it Rachel, or Nicole?  (And why did they not tell him about the pregnancy? Because I don't see either of them pulling out the lame excuse that he just never liked kids so he didn't deserve to know he had one.)

• Love 1

Rachel because he seemed to really have loved her when they were originally together. The only way I think she wouldn't have told him is if she honestly thought the baby wasn't his. Otherwise I think she never would have kept the child from it.

Would you have liked to meet Hope (Emily's sister) or Louie (Luke's uncle)?

Hope! It's so weird to think about Emily as a sister. 

Rory has to do some of her community service around SH. Would you rather see her cleaning up after the pickle truck incident? Or being Taylor's personal assistant for a week? 

Cleaning up after the pickle truck incident. She could interact with all the townies while she did that. 

Would you have rather seen Jess form a nice friendship with Dave and the band or see more of his friendship with Chris and Matt from Truncheon?

Dave and the band.  I don't need to see more satellite characters tied to secondary characters. I'd rather see people I already "know" and care about interact.

Would you rather room with Tana, Paris, and Janet or Lucy and Olivia?

Lane for sure!  I never bought the Season 7 retcon that Luke was the super involved figure in her life all along, and I think Chris Luke and Lorelai sharing a scene would have been too much.

Would you rather have a building named after you on your college campus or your grandparents throw a party of eligible young adults for you to select from?

16 minutes ago, deaja said:

Lane for sure!  I never bought the Season 7 retcon that Luke was the super involved figure in her life all along, and I think Chris Luke and Lorelai sharing a scene would have been too much.

Would you rather have a building named after you on your college campus or your grandparents throw a party of eligible young adults for you to select from?

Building! That party was humiliating!

WYR be best friends with Lane or Paris?

Finn! He's more amusing to me, not to mention more attractive. There's also the fact that I despise Colin and think he was a woman hating, grossly elitist jerk and quite possibly a bit of a sociopath :) 

Would you rather have seen more of Gypsy or of Tana? They're both two of my favorite minor characters! 

Edited by whateverhappened
  • Love 1
17 minutes ago, Taryn74 said:

Gypsy.  There can never, ever, be too much Gypsy.

Do you want to find out that "Wookie Guy" was Marty, or Brad?

You are right, Taryn. You can never have too much Gypsy.

I'll go with Marty.

Brad is now a famous Broadway star or Janet is a top athlete?

Luke giving Lorelai the necklace. Just another scene that they show off camera that I would have liked to see. (Proposal is another)

In the impromptu wedding in the revival should it have been Michel and Lane or Jess and Sookie?

1 minute ago, lulu1960 said:

Luke giving Lorelai the necklace. Just another scene that they show off camera that I would have liked to see. (Proposal is another)

In the impromptu wedding in the revival should it have been Michel and Lane or Jess and Sookie?

Hmm that's a hard one because I believe Jess should have been there but realistically he had gone to his mum's and this was an impromptu thing. And I actually believe Lorelai and Michel had grown closer since Sookie had gone away so I believe it was right that he was there. And I've always liked Luke and Lane's relationship so after that rambling explanation I think I have to go with Michel and Lane. :P

WYR have seen more Luke/Jess scenes in the revival or more Rory/Lane scenes?

I am always down for more Jess and Luke scenes. Although I do thing Lane was underused in the revival.

So do you think Lane should have still worked in the diner during the revival or it appears she was working for her mom now. Where should she be working?

In the diner.  I think she was more in her element there.  It might have been fun to see Zach working for Mrs. Kim though.  Heh.

Who would you rather see working at Luke's - Gil, or Morey?  (Yes, I realize those are very random people. Just go with it.)

Both offer fun possibilities by working at Luke's, but I think Gil would be the more interesting choice. I could see him challenging Luke more and playing off him better. Morey and Luke seem a little too alike in some ways to mix in an interesting way. Extra points if Gil and Luke become unlikely friends.

I've never done this before so bear with me, but here is one: Would you rather have seen an extended flashback from Rory's childhood or from Lorelai's (pre-pregnancy) childhood?

• Love 1

Mrs. Kim. Taylor would be funny, but it would just be typical paranoid Taylor. Mrs. Kim's reaction to ingesting pot would be unpredictable and that is what would make it fun. 

If you had to hang out with one person for an entire day, who would it be: Shira Huntzberger or Francine Hayden? 

Shira.  She was awful to Rory, but she seemed to be pleasant to everyone else and it would be interesting to see how the ultra-rich spend a day.  Maybe she'd buy me something.

Which tragic fashion choice would you rather make - Honor's bridesmaid dresses or Lorelai's "perfect dress?"

Wasn't Sookie's house Lane's house? Or do you mean the new almost cult farm she lives at now? Either way Luke's

Would you rather Marty be there instead of Paul but still used like Paul, or would you rather he have been the costumed Wookie with all the problematic factors that goes with it? 

Edited by tarotx

Wasn't Sookie's house Lane's house? Or do you mean the new almost cult farm she lives at now? Either way Luke's

Yes, I meant Sookie's old house. Was it the same house? I did notice that Lane's house was next door (or two doors down from Mrs. Kims.

I think Marty as the Wookie would be kind of funny.

Kirk never interrupts L/L at the Dragonfly and they can continue kissing or Lorelai had bandaids at the Inn and didn't need to go home and they can continue kissing (after catching Kirk)

Hmm, I'm going to say Lorelai doesn't have to run home for bandaids.  If she doesn't run home, she never catches Dean coming out of Rory's room, and if they don't get caught then Rory doesn't have to immediately jump on the defensive to justify her actions.  Maybe if she had to really face what she had done earlier without being defensive, there would have been a different outcome?  Interesting to think about.

Which Emily/Lorelai fight do you prevent - Lorelai told her about the engagement to Max before Sookie ever called, or Rory never showed Emily the potting shed?

I agree that not having to defend herself might have made Rory really look harder at what she did. 

I would have Rory never show Emily the potting shed. I think that one hurt worse. And she really didn't ever need to know that. 

Luke and Lorelai can't make it to the Vinyard for Valentine's day. Who would you rather see accompany Rory and Logan? The senior Gilmores? Or Lane and Zack?

Lane and Zack. A couple their own age. If R/E went there would be the whole, "Look how wonderful Logan is, let's start planning the wedding." again.

Seeing a Luke birthday celebration or seeing L/L celebrating Christmas?

3 minutes ago, lulu1960 said:

Lane and Zack. A couple their own age. If R/E went there would be the whole, "Look how wonderful Logan is, let's start planning the wedding." again.

Seeing a Luke birthday celebration or seeing L/L celebrating Christmas?

I definitely agree with Lane and Zach. I wish we would have seen more of those four hanging out. :) I'd say celebrate Christmas because then Rory could be involved and maybe even Jess. Although it would have been nice to see at least one of Luke's birthdays. :)

Would you rather have seen more April/Luke scenes in the revival or more of her just hanging out with Lorelai and Rory?

28 minutes ago, deaja said:

Cat Kirk was.  That cat was evil, whereas Jason's dog was just quirky.

Pick your in-laws: the Haydens or the Stiles.

The Stiles. At least they were nice to Lorelai and Rory. If it wasn't for the business upset, I reckon they wouldn't mind Lorelai going out with Jason.

Would you rather go golfing with Richard or go to a DAR event with Emily?