Type keyword(s) to search

Gilmore Girls Would You Rather?

• Start Topic

I'd say Alex. He seemed pretty down to earth.  (For the record, I never had an issue with Max other than the fact I don't think he should  have pursued Lorelai in the first place because of Rory being in his class. If Rory wasn't his student then I saw no problem.)

Would you rather Kirk assist you getting beauty suppies or taking you in his pedi-cab

Edited by lulu1960

Beauty supplies.  He seemed to actually know what he was talking about, and I don't have five hours to get from one side of town to the other.

Would you rather live in the Twickham House with the creepy diorama mannequins upstairs, or in Kirk's house with his mother?

• Love 1

The mannequins! I like the odd and creepy, especially when, unlike Kirk's family members, the odd and creepy things in question can't speak or interact with me. :)

Would you rather watch Luke and Lorelai trying to blend in with the arty hipster indie scene with Jess and Rory or at a Life and Death Brigade type of event with Rory and Logan?

• Love 1

I actually would have loved to see her at Harvard. Having her far away from home and actually attending the school that she had been dreaming about for years would have made for an interesting freshman year. I think she would have struggled, but she would have probably succeeded. Plus no Logan. Plus her grandparents would have not been happy and it would have been interesting to see how they dealt with it.

Would you rather live in the home that Emily was going to buy for Luke/Lorelai at the end of season six, or in Emily's new Nantucket home in the revival? 

I love the Nantucket home. My friend is thinking of moving and she is coveting Emily's furniture choices.

Sookie's third kid is born but we never found out what she had. (bad season 7) Did she have a boy or girl?

Also how do you all feel about WYRs that include the revival too. I'm for it. 

• Love 1

Cliches.  It would be hard, but I don't think I can even put a sentence together without using 'E's, much less hold an entire conversation.

Lulu responded while I was thinking up a new question, so I'm making it easy on myself and reposting hers!

2 minutes ago, lulu1960 said:

Which wedding cake would you choose for Lorelai and Luke. The milestone one, or the one that Sookie was putting red flowers on?

Rory/Dean, easily.  Nothing good came out of their relationship past S3.  Nicole was boring but she didn't turn Luke into an unlikable character.

You hire a personal shopping assistant only to find out you have to buy everything they suggest, and ONLY what they suggest.  Do you hire Lane for music, Rory for books, or Lorelai for clothes?

• Love 1

Didn't vendors at the international food festival have to double up on countries? I'll take a pass on the mystery food and hope for hot cider doughnuts at the harvest festival.

Breakfast at Luke's or dinner at the Dragonfly?

Breakfast at Luke's! I've had dreams about those chocolate chip pancakes. I could wear my usual sweats to Luke's but would probably feel like I had to look presentable at the Dragonfly. 

Would you rather have Rory or Paris speak to and possibly mentor students at your high school?

I would have rather had Paris because I couldn't stand most people I went to school with and they could have used a good Gellar reaming. 

You're remodeling your house and you have to choose one - decorating with Sookie's Frog Girl collection? Or having Luke's family heriloom bedroom set?

I would have liked Mr Kim remaining a mystery. Not that I think fans were clamoring for more Bootsy. :) 

Someone other than Luke had a long lost child pop up during the series. Would you rather Lorelai discover she had a half sister or Emily discovering that she had a half-brother out there all these years?

Emily has a half brother.  Lorelai having a half-sibling would just disrupt too many plotlines. 

Would you rather attend Stars Hollow High or Chilton?

Stars Hollow High. I went to Catholic school K-8 and have had my share of rich snobs, thank you very much. 

We get to see so few of the Townie homes. Whose would you like to get a tour of? Kirk's (complete with meeting his mother)? Or Miss Patty's?

Twickham House! The layout of the Crap Shack made no sense.

Would you rather - sit through a whole Hep Alien concert or sit through one of Miss Patty's dance recitals (complete with a  weird Kirk piece)?

4 minutes ago, deaja said:

Twickham House! The layout of the Crap Shack made no sense.

Would you rather - sit through a whole Hep Alien concert or sit through one of Miss Patty's dance recitals (complete with a  weird Kirk piece)?

Hep Alien definitely! I liked them! :)

Would you rather date mature Jess or season 7 Logan? 

3 minutes ago, deaja said:

Season 7 Logan because he's way hotter.  :) 

Would you rather date Kirk or Taylor?

Oooh that's hard but I think I'm actually going to say Kirk. I know he's crazy but I'm pretty sure he'd treat me right. :)

Would you rather Emily or Jess be at Luke and Lorelai's wedding?

Awww man. I miss the Jess verses Logan dating question and get the Kirk or Taylor one?

Okay well I guess Kirk. My screen name is lulu after all. ;)

Luke gets full custody of April or zero custody?

Oopsie I was too slow. I'd say if push came to shove. Emily would have to be there. Mom trumps nephew. You can answer my question above.

I'm tempted to say full custody, only because Anna's behavior was despicable. But it's probably not in any happy teenager's best interest to be removed from the parent they grew up with, so I have to go with no custody for Luke.

For the revival, would you rather have seen Luke and Lorelai with kids already or without?

I'd say twins so they can entertain each other in season 8 scenes and not pull too much plot. A boy and a girl, preferably running around like slightly wild animals, then obsessing over laptop screens. A few scenes of Luke being tricked by kid technology instead of the dull diner wifi gag. A few summer camp scenes, complete with care package from Mama Lorelai instead of the terrible musical.

Would you rather be Rory, Lorelai, or Emily?

I'd rather be Rory. I don't think I could pull of Lorelai's fashion, and Emily's life is just not suitable for me. 

Which parent confrontation would you rather be subject to - when the sweater moms confront Lorelai after the speech at SHH? Or when Lindsey's mom runs into her in the square?

Sophie.  I think that would be a lot of fun to watch.  Brian's a nerd but he knows his music and instruments.  At least that's the impression I always got.

Which meta music moment would you rather have seen in the revival - Sophie singing a bit of the theme song, or Gil busting out Skid Row?

Miss Patty!! What on earth happened there? They only showed her from a distance, and she used to be such a huge presence. At the very least, she belonged all over the (terrible) musical scenes. I understood ASP wanting to insert some Bunheads cameos, but she cut down beloved characters to do it.

If you could pick, would you rather the father of Rory's baby be Jess, Logan, or the Wookiee?

• Love 1

Logan- the other options don't make sense with the story we were shown. 

Would you rather the final four words have been "Mom? Yeah? I'm pregnant" or "Rory? Yeah? I'm pregnant."

Luke and Nicole never got married. I think the Max relationship was important to understanding Lorelai as a person. The Nicole relationship was weird and did nothing for Luke. 

What would you rather wake up to find in your front room? An antique printing press? Or Tana's soldering iron station?

I also love the chuppah because it shows that even if she's marrying another man, which even back then clearly hurt him, he'll always care about her as a person. 

Sophie and Brian!

Which event would you rather had never happened: Rory steals a yacht and drops out of Yale or Luke discovers a daughter and starts to shut out Lorelai, eventually leading to their breakup? 

Man, that's hard because both are so, so bad. But I'll go with Luke's long lost daughter. That entire plotline was pretty badly done and very little made sense or was likable. At least with Rory's plot, we got some good scenes of her finding her niche in the DAR, and Lorelai/Luke scenes were top.

If you had to take care of someone's pet for an entire week, whose would it be: Lorelai's dog Paul Anka and his neediness, or Kirk's old cat Kirk?