Type keyword(s) to search

Gilmore Girls Would You Rather?

• Start Topic

I would have said Richard and Luke too. I think once Richard realized that Luke wasn't a 'country bumpkin' and was well informed he would have been less judgemental. I also think Luke could have gotten Richard to enjoy the similar things.

I would rather be related to Luke and Jess. I think Rory and Lorelai would be to perky for me.

Luke brings April to FND. Does she bond more with Richard or Emily?

• Love 1
25 minutes ago, lulu1960 said:

Luke brings April to FND. Does she bond more with Richard or Emily?

I think Richard. 

Who would you rather set Paris up with? The accountant that the Gilmores sprung on Lorelei at FND? Or Dean's slacker friend, Todd?

Lane.  She seemed to be a good friend.  Sookie was not, at least not in later Seasons.

Would you rather join the DAR and volunteer under Emily or the Yale Daily News under Paris' reign of terror?

2 hours ago, deaja said:

Would you rather join the DAR and volunteer under Emily or the Yale Daily News under Paris' reign of terror?

The DAR.  I can't imagine any scenario where I would enjoy working under Paris.

WYR have seen Paris in a verbal sparring match with Gran over a woman's proper role in society, or with Mrs. Kim over religion?

With Mrs Kim over religion! I find discussions around religion and spirituality fascinating even though I'm not always thrilled with how GG handled those issues. 

Taryn and I posted at around the same time, so reposting my question:

Would you rather have seen a romance between Paris and Jess or Lane and Dean?

Edited by whateverhappened
  • Love 1

Paris and Jess. I think their minds would be evenly matched and they would challenge each other. Dean and Lane just seems to blah to me. 

Which animal incident would you rather go through - getting beaked by a swan or having a deer hit your car? 

38 minutes ago, whateverhappened said:

The swan! I'd be traumatized forever if I thought I might have hurt that deer. And car accidents are scary regardless of whether adorable animals are involved. 

Which barely there relationship would you have wanted to see more of - Paris x Jamie or Lorelai x Alex?

Ew.  I guess if I have to pick one, I'd say Lorelai and Alex.

Would you rather by a nanny for Gigi during her terrorist stage or be Emily's maid?

There's not enough money in the world for me to put up with a terrible brat.  Emily's maid.  I would just make sure to only screw up a little bit so I would get a nice severance package when she fired me, heh.

Rory's "you're not quite so special, snowflake" hard truth begins a little earlier.  WYR she struggled all the way thru Chilton (barely making it to graduation) or she only got into Yale, and only because of Richard's status there?

Taryn, I hope you're feeling better! 

I love the idea of her getting into "only" one Ivy League school and grappling with whether she deserved the spot. 

Rory realizes during college that journalism isn't what she's most passionate about and destined for. Would you rather she decide to become a teacher or work for a small independent publishing company like the one that put out Jess's novel?

I actually think she would be a good teacher. Her speech to the kids at Chilton (in the revival) had a good vibe to it.

WYR  Rory's three boyfriends weren't an option. Should it be (non-creepy) Marty from Season 4 and 5 or someone else?

This is probably unpopular but I'm more than fine with none of the existing three being an option, especially if we're talking endgame!

I like Marty, but she didn't seem like she could feel that passionately about him. So I'll pick someone else. I'm wondering what traits and qualities he should have.

Would you rather spend a couple of weeks touring with Hep Alien or a trip with the LDB?

7 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

Hep Alien for sure. 

Which embarrassing moment WYR suffer through - your mom kissing your teacher on parent's day? Or waking up naked in dorm hallway at college?

Mom kissing teacher, hands down.

Which town meeting would be more interesting - a special election to replace Taylor or a special event to plan Kirk and Lulu's wedding?

Same, ghoulina. Tbh I would not last one day with the LDB crowd. Not that they would deem me worthy anyway, haha. 

I'll pick my mom kissing my teacher, since most people know we're not responsible for our parents' actions, but the naked thing would be all on me. 

Which town meeting would be more interesting - a special election to replace Taylor or a special event to plan Kirk and Lulu's wedding?

Kirk and Lulu's wedding. I've had enough election drama to last many lifetimes! 

Would you rather see Lorelai have to go a month without caffeine or Paris have to go a month without snapping at anyone for any reason?

Edited by whateverhappened
52 minutes ago, whateverhappened said:

Would you rather see Lorelai have to go a month without caffeine or Paris have to go a month without snapping at anyone for any reason?

Lorelai without caffeine, because I LIVE for Paris biting people's heads off. 

Would you rather try Johnny Machete or Mock Turtle Soup?

April. I know how to gently mock the annoyingly brainy. Plus, I could whoop her at Boggle. Liz (and the actress) are in my permanent fast-forward bank. I hear "big brother" in my nightmares.

You're getting married. Would you rather Lorelai plan and host it at the Independence Inn or Sookie cater it?

• Love 1

April. I know how to gently mock the annoyingly brainy. Plus, I could whoop her at Boggle. Liz (and the actress) are in my permanent fast-forward bank. I hear "big brother" in my nightmares.

Same on all counts. And I love Boggle! 

I would rather Sookie cater it. My ideal wedding would be too small, inexpensive and casual for the Independence Inn. 

Would you rather spend your Saturday night watching Casablanca and other old movies with Luke, Lorelai and pizza or at a five-star restaurant and club with Logan and Rory?

25 minutes ago, huahaha said:

I hear "big brother" in my nightmares.

Aw, that makes me sad.  I've long since fanwanked that Liz calls him that because they used to watch the Peanuts specials together as kids (Sally always calls Charlie Brown "big brother").

26 minutes ago, whateverhappened said:

Would you rather spend your Saturday night watching Casablanca and other old movies with Luke, Lorelai and pizza or at a five-star restaurant and club with Logan and Rory?

Lord, is there even a contest here?  Movies with L/L.  And Sookie needs to bring over some comfort/junk food, please.

Blueberry shortcake or one of the wedding cake samplers at Fran's?

40 minutes ago, Taryn74 said:

Aw, that makes me sad.  I've long since fanwanked that Liz calls him that because they used to watch the Peanuts specials together as kids (Sally always calls Charlie Brown "big brother").

Cute when Sally does it. With Liz, it's somewhere between emotional coercion and clunky exposition. She uses "My brother" a lot too when addressing Luke. 

I'll go with the wedding cake samplers. I like variety.

Town festivals or town meetings (and you can't go to any of the other type).

Festivals all the way. They have one pretty much every occasion.

Would you like to try Luke's lasagna (he is the lasagna king according to Liz) or hos Torilla soup. (he makes them fresh the store bought are crap according to him)

Al's.  Mostly because I have a hard time believing Taylor allowed him to keep the name 'Pancake World' when he serves everything except pancakes, and I have to see the man behind the legend.

Ignoring that we supposedly saw Lane's dad in the revival, WYR find out that he was "Asian Ceasar" or one of the random guys at the various Korean functions?

He can stay random please. I really liked that there was some mystery surrounding Mr Kim! 

Would you rather see an episode about our characters celebrating New Year's Eve and making resolutions for themselves and one another or Mother's Day since mothers are such an important part of the show?

And just who's making that choice, Sophie?  

I guess that'd be me.  Ugh.  The flannels, I guess, because there's very few times his hair looks good without a hat.  (I'm sure it's just the show and not SP in general.)  But under protest.

(And Apricot is pretty much the cutest kitten in the world, btw.  Ahhhhh, I melt.)

Whose former SO would you rather meet - Miss Patty's, or Babette's?  (It sounded like both of them had their share of .....strange relationships, and I was always fascinated.)

Edited by Taryn74
8 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

Miss Patty. I NEED to meet Sinjin (sp?)!!!

WYR attend Sherry's baby shower or Rory's all-male alumni party?

Sorry I've been awol. It was my birthday yesterday so was celebrating with family. :)

Sherry's baby shower. At least there were games! :P

Would you rather go fishing with Luke or have a movie marathon with Lorelai?

1 hour ago, whateverhappened said:

Paris. Both would drive me crazy, but Paris is smart enough to help us survive and get us off that island sooner!

Would you rather have Lorelai's clothes or Rory's?

Rory's I think :)

Would you rather accompany Luke and April on their boat trip or accompany Lorelai and Rory on their Europe trip? 

1 minute ago, whateverhappened said:

Mrs. Kim. I actually think I could learn a lot from her, though based on her idea of food, I wouldn't let her feed me. 

If both were around your age, would you rather date Jackson or Doyle?

Jackson I think. He just seems more loving and he would be more fun. :)

Would you rather go out on the town with Kirk or spend an evening in with Michel?

I asked my daughter this one.  She says "I feel like Kirk would be more fun.  He's a wreck to be around, which is funny.  He'd probably get hit by a car or something.  Michel would just nag me all night, which is no fun at all."

So there you go.  Ha!

Miss Patty hooks up with someone we know, and it turns into a surprisingly lasting romance.  Is it Taylor, or Andrew?

3 minutes ago, Taryn74 said:

I asked my daughter this one.  She says "I feel like Kirk would be more fun.  He's a wreck to be around, which is funny.  He'd probably get hit by a car or something.  Michel would just nag me all night, which is no fun at all."

So there you go.  Ha!

Miss Patty hooks up with someone we know, and it turns into a surprisingly lasting romance.  Is it Taylor, or Andrew?

Taylor. I always had a feeling Andrew liked Gypsy! :P

Would you have rather seen Paris and Jess being given a shot of a relationship or Rory and Marty (season 4/5 version of him)?

The Belleville kids. I can't do multiples. 

Emily and Richard never reconcile. They end up divorced and one remarries. Who would you rather see? Richard with Pennilynn Lott or Emily with that lawyer guy she went out with?