Type keyword(s) to search

Gilmore Girls Would You Rather?

• Start Topic

Oooh that's tough! I think I'd have to say book club with Rory just because I think we would get on and I used to love reading. :)

Would you rather have cake at Weston's or pancakes at Luke's?

Just now, ghoulina said:

Movie appreciation. I'm picky about books. I have to be in the mood for them, and could never join ANY book club. 

Which bit part character would you want to see made a regular? Terrence the life coach or Gil's wife?

Gil's wife as I liked Gil and always thought it would be cool to know his family better. :)

Sorry am I answering too many? :S I just love this game!

Just now, whateverhappened said:

Terrance! I found him amusing, and tbh Paris could have benefited from more professional assistance. 

WYR be best friends with Lane or Paris assuming that both were around your age? 

Lane just because she's a lot more laid back but I do think Paris would be loyal. :)

1 minute ago, whateverhappened said:

Cake. I will always opt for cake over anything else! 

WYR date Max or Jason, again asusming that both were around your age?

I actually liked Jason so I would say Jason. He had the wit. :)

Would you rather have Lorelai as your mum or Luke as your dad?

Terrance the life coach. Can you image him 'coaching' Kirk, or any one of the townies.

WYR Luke is going to take over a second business (don't worry he will still have the diner), should he own Weston's or Taylor's Soda Shoppe. 

Wow, I missed a lot of people answering.

8 minutes ago, lulu1960 said:

Terrance the life coach. Can you image him 'coaching' Kirk, or any one of the townies.

WYR Luke is going to take over a second business (don't worry he will still have the diner), should he own Weston's or Taylor's Soda Shoppe. 

Wow, I missed a lot of people answering.

Taylor's Soda Shoppe just to annoy Taylor! :P

Would you rather have Lorelai as your mum or Luke as your dad? :)

I want Luke to take over Taylor's shoppe because it would drive Taylor so very crazy! 

You're being sent to a desert island and can only keep two of GG's seven seasons to watch for the rest of your life. Which two do you take? 

Ooh that's good! I'd say 1 and 4 I think. :)

• Love 1

Oh no, we posted at the same time again, elang

I would pick seasons 1 and 4 too! It's hard to leave the others behind, though. 

I would rather have Lorelai as my mom, I think, but I'm probably saying that because I'm similar to the Rory of earlier seasons. Both are excellent parents whose styles balance each other out perfectly. 

WYR attend Lorelai's bachelorette party from season 2 or Emily's bachelorette party from season 5?

3 minutes ago, whateverhappened said:

Oh no, we posted at the same time again, elang

I would pick seasons 1 and 4 too! It's hard to leave the others behind, though. 

I would rather have Lorelai as my mom, I think, but I'm probably saying that because I'm similar to the Rory of earlier seasons. Both are excellent parents whose styles balance each other out perfectly. 

WYR attend Lorelai's bachelorette party from season 2 or Emily's bachelorette party from season 5?

Lorelai's I think but I don't know why. I liked Emily reminiscing about her wedding. :)

Would you rather have takeout with Jess and watch a movie or go out with the LDB with Logan?

Takeout and movie with Jess! This is the easiest one for me so far. I have an irrational dislike of Logan and the LDB and hanging out with them would be torture for me :)

Me too! :P

• Love 1

Nicole upsets me less, so I'll have to go with her. 

Would you rather see Lorelai trying to run Luke's diner for a day and cook for everyone or Luke run the inn for a day and have to please the guests, run events and so on?

Edited by whateverhappened
1 minute ago, whateverhappened said:

Nicole upsets me less, so I'll have to go with her. 

Would you rather see Lorelai trying to run Luke's diner for a day and cook for everyone or Luke run the inn for a day and have to please the guests, run events and so on?

Luke running the inn just because I think it would be more interesting to watch and also we've also seen Lorelai in the diner so I actually think she'd be ok! :)

Would you rather have to share a picnic with Kirk in bid-a-basket or have to be Taylor's employee for a day?

• Love 1

Poor Kirk. I don't like him much, but he's lonely, so I'll sit with him.  I'm better at eating than working! 

We're back to that desert island, and this time you can keep only seven episodes from the series. Which seven do you choose to rewatch for the rest of your life?

3 minutes ago, whateverhappened said:

Poor Kirk. I don't like him much, but he's lonely, so I'll sit with him.  I'm better at eating than working! 

We're back to that desert island, and this time you can keep only seven episodes from the series. Which seven do you choose to rewatch for the rest of your life?

That's tough! Forgiveness and Stuff, Double Date, Concert Interruptus, That Damn Donna Reed, The Bracebridge Dinner, Last Week Fights This Week Tights and Raincoats and Recipe. But Dead Uncles and Vegetables, A Deep Fried Korean Thanksgiving, The Lorelai's' First Day at Yale and Written in the Stars came very close! Oh and Bon Voyage!! Oooh and the last few season 7 eps! Sorry, I'm too indecisive! :P

If you imagine you are Rory, would you rather Lorelai marry Alex or Jason?

• Love 1

Jason! I actually like Jason and thought his quirkiness and wit worked well with Lorelai. 

Forgiveness and Stuff, Double Date, Concert Interruptus, That Damn Donna Reed, The Bracebridge Dinner, Last Week Fights This Week Tights and Raincoats and Recipes.  But Dead Uncles and Vegetables, A Deep Fried Korean Thanksgiving, The Lorelai's' First Day at Yale and Written in the Stars came very close! Oh and Bon Voyage!! Oooh and the last few season 7 eps! Sorry, I'm too indecisive! :P

If it's any consolation, I can't answer my own question. I wrote down Double Date, Rory's Birthday Parties, Donna Reed, Bracebridge, Those Lazy Hazy Crazy Days, They Shoot Gilmores, and THose Are Strings and then realized I'd already used up my seven from just the first three seasons without including First Day at Yale, Fundamental Things Apply, the last there episodes of Season 4, Written in the Stars and more! 

Would you rather that Rory had never slept with Dean while he was married or that she had never stolen a yacht and dropped out of Yale?

2 minutes ago, whateverhappened said:

Jason! I actually like Jason and thought his quirkiness and wit worked well with Lorelai. 

If it's any consolation, I can't answer my own question. I wrote down Double Date, Rory's Birthday Parties, Donna Reed, Bracebridge, Those Lazy Hazy Crazy Days, They Shoot Gilmores, and THose Are Strings and then realized I'd already used up my seven from just the first three seasons without including First Day at Yale, Fundamental Things Apply, the last there episodes of Season 4, Written in the Stars and more! 

Would you rather that Rory had never slept with Dean while he was married or that she had never stolen a yacht and dropped out of Yale?

Never slept with Dean definitely. Really disagreed with that storyline.

Would you rather get on Paris' bad side or Emily's bad side?

Emily's bad side- she's mean, but Paris is practically a sociopath.

Would you rather organize the Hay Bale Maze under Taylor's supervision or the Easter Egg hunt under Kirk's?

The easter egg hunt under Kirk's. The poor guy would be too discombobulated to notice when I spent most of the time drinking coffee at Luke's instead of working too hard on the eggs. Taylor, though, would notice immediately if anyone relaxed for even a brief moment and give them hell.  

Has anyone ever used this thread for fanfic ideas? I could see it inspiring some terrific stories! 

Would you rather that Lorelai had never gotten back together with Max after breaking up with him the first time or that Luke had never married Nicole and instead broke up with her on the cruise?

33 minutes ago, whateverhappened said:

Would you rather that Lorelai had never gotten back together with Max after breaking up with him the first time or that Luke had never married Nicole and instead broke up with her on the cruise?

I'll take 'Both' for 200, please, Alex.

Barring that answer.........Lorelai never gotten back together with Max.  I have more of an irrational hatred of Max every time I rewatch, and while Nicole is boring and the storyline is stupid, it's way more tolerable.

WYR be a participant in the S2 debutante ball or the YJIJ,J LDB event?

• Love 2

If Alex is still hosting, I'll take NEITHER for $400, please. I'd probably try to wear my comfortable sweats to either event, read instead of making painfully awkward small talk and horrify everyone present. 

If I have to, I'll do the debutante ball, which is at least a shorter event during which you can talk to your family members if you want to. And by the end of the night, Rory and Lorelai were back at Luke's. The LDB event dragged on for a couple of days and featured a bunch of recklessly drunk, obnoxious douchebags in an isolated setting with no adults to rein them in if people got out of control. I know it was framed as this thrilling adventure and awakening for Rory, but it's just not my personal idea of fun!

Would you rather Luke build you a chuppah or an ice rink?   

• Love 1

A chuppah, because I hate outside stuff during winter.

Would you rather- the revival has another season focusing on a musical or focusing on a "who's the daddy" storyline?

Would you rather- the revival has another season focusing on a musical or focusing on a "who's the daddy" storyline?

These questions are cruel! 

I guess I'll pick the musical. It's obnoxious and annoying, but it might have some amusing moments even if we're laughing at it rather than with it. I'm scared that a "who's the daddy?" story would be done in a way that squashes all hope I had of loving Rory again, and I miss being able to love Rory. 

Would you rather double date with Paris and Doyle or Lane and Zach, assuming they were all around your age? 

I wanted them to get together in Season 1! Patience was never my strong suit. :) Their chemistry was powerful then and Luke was written at his best. I also thought the show overall was much better written in the first four seasons, so I would have loved to see them together when the show was at its peak. By the time they were officially together in Season 5, the writers were off their game and desperate for more tension and drama no matter what it did to the show's characters, and to me that trend was reflected in how they wrote LL's relationship.

Would you rather see a murder mystery episode of Gilmore Girls where Lorelai, Rory and Luke solved a whodunnit or a musical episode where all the main characters sang and danced? 

1 hour ago, ghoulina said:

Oh God, no more musicals. Murder mystery for sure. 

Which birthday party would you rather have thrown for you? World's Largest Pizza? Or 21 in Atlantic City with 21 things?

Ha!  That was pretty much my reaction too.

Bday party - Atlantic City would be sorta fun but the world's largest pizza with my own crazy group of "townies" is way more my type of thing, I'd probably choose that.

Who would you rather work with - Rune, or Drella?

Bid on a basket!  What fun.  As long as hubby doesn't pull a Jackson and let someone else buy it, heh.

Would you rather eat at the Dragonfly when Sookie's cooking, or Luke when he was filling in?  (Because I could eat diner food all week long, but his Dragonfly cooking was more fancy.)

• Love 1

The inn! It would be fun to watch her try to change every aspect of the business and I would love to see her interact with Michel. I also always liked Paris and Lorelai scenes. 

Would you rather erase Rory's entire relationship with Dean or her entire relationship with Logan?

9 minutes ago, whateverhappened said:

The inn! It would be fun to watch her try to change every aspect of the business and I would love to see her interact with Michel. I also always liked Paris and Lorelai scenes. 

Would you rather erase Rory's entire relationship with Dean or her entire relationship with Logan?

I'm going to say Logan. Dean was a good first boyfriend in my opinion. Logan filled her head with the LDB stuff, she changed a lot and not for the better when she was with Logan.

Jess comes back. Takes over the newspaper or goes in business with Andrew and expands the bookstore? 

• Love 1

The Stars Hollow Gazette! It would be fun to watch him reporting on various types of stories in that crazy town and maybe develop more of an affection for Sars Hollow while doing so. I don't think Jess would love the detailed, pragmatic aspects of running a store.

This game is so fun! I can't stop playing and thinking of all the fanfiction that could stem from every question and answer.  

Emily. Mrs. Kim is cool and all but the flax seed muffins, and tofu everything would be too much.

Luke finds out about April sooner and has a bigger relationship with her or Christopher has a bigger part in Rory's day to day life?

Mrs. Kim, for sure.  She was strict but her attitude about life is not that different than mine.

Forgot about her food choices, though.  Might have to rethink that answer.  Ha!

WYR compete against Paris in the essay contest, or the right-to-life debate?

WYR compete against Paris in the essay contest, or the right-to-life debate?

The essay contest! I could take the time to revise and restate my thoughts in writing, which is much easier for me than having to instantaneously adjust during a debate. Also, participating in the debate would mean that Paris would make me cry on stage for all to see. 

Luke finds out about April sooner and has a bigger relationship with her or Christopher has a bigger part in Rory's day to day life?

Sorry, I just saw this one! I would prefer that Christopher be more involved with Rory. 

WYR have seen more scenes and storylines about the Lorelai/Emily relationship or the Richard/Rory relationship?

Lorelai / Emily

Spin-off show that you HAVE to watch:  Kirk and Taylor Roadtrip the US or Lane and Zach Tour with Twins (as babies)

Lane and Zach tour, for sure.  I'm one of the few people who really likes Zach, especially later seasons.  I like Kirk just fine, but Taylor gets on my nerves and Kirk is better in small doses.

You're the one going on a blind date with one of Jackson's relatives - is it Rune (with his horrified-to-be-out-with-you attitude), or Beau in all his Southern Lothario glory?

5 minutes ago, lulu1960 said:

Oh Good Lord, Taryn. You trying to kill me?

Bahahaahahaha.

2 minutes ago, whateverhappened said:

Would you rather watch Richard try to camp and fish with Luke or Babette and Patty try to fit in at a stuffy DAR event with Emily?

OMG.  This may be my favorite question ever.  I'm not even going to answer it because I want to see what others have to say, but the mental image of both is cracking me up!

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, whateverhappened said:

Cooking show! I love watching them because even though I can't cook well, I can definitely eat. 

Would you rather watch Richard try to camp and fish with Luke or Babette and Patty try to fit in at a stuffy DAR event with Emily?

Richard with Luke. I always thought it would be nice if they could actually just talk and bond. Might be nice for Luke to have a father figure again. :)

Would you rather be related to Luke and Jess or be related to Rory and Lorelai?

• Love 1