Type keyword(s) to search

Gilmore Girls Would You Rather?

• Start Topic

Hmm... I'll say Rory and Dean. I'm not a huge Logan fan, but Dean and Rory were far more toxic as a couple. As far as the rest, I actually kind of like them...

Which Stars Hollow place of business WYR work at for a week: Doose's, Luke's, Dragonfly, Al's, or the Chat Club.

I was hoping you'd let me work in the bookstore :) I wouldn't get along well with either the never-not-grumpy Luke or the absurdly demanding Taylor as a boss, so I'll work at the beautiful and charming inn with Lorelai until she figures out that I have no relevant skills whatsoever :) 

WYR we have seen an episode focusing on Mother's Day, Father's Day or New Year's Eve?

I think a NYE episode would be fun! I'm sure the girls have their own traditions that would be great to see.

WYR debate religion with Mama Kim, politics with Paris, or literature with Rory?

Great question!  I pick religion with Mrs. Kim.  Paris would have me in the fetal position in approximately three seconds, and I don't know enough about classic literature to debate/discuss it.

WYR Rory had a few dates with the laundry room guy, or more dates with Trevor (the urine mints story)?

Hmmm...neither, but I'll go with a few more dates with Trevor, because 1) her awkwardness was amusing and 2) Laundry Room Guy, with his love for 'cool' music and later insistence on bragging about some other girl who was inexplicably obsessed with him, would likely ork me more :) 

Assuming these characters were all around your age, who would you rather go on just ONE fun date with (not have an actual relationship with!): Digger, Christopher, Logan, Jess or Dean?

Hmmm. Christopher, I think. He seems like he would be the most fun...especially post fortune. :D

Who WYR have babysit your kid for the evening: Christopher, Michel, Luke, or Kirk?

(edited)

Hmmm...I'll go with Christopher for that as well! He has a lot more experience with young kids because of Gigi, he'd be more fun and playful than Luke and Michel, and the idea of Kirk in charge of a child frightens me :) 

Which unpopular duo WYR the show have gotten rid of after one or two episodes: Liz/TJ or Colin/Finn?

Edited by mstaken

Liz and TJ...except for the funny bit where he put a hole in Lorelai's house, I didn't really care for either one of them.

Which Stars Hollow event would you like to participate in: Dance Marathon, Bid-A-Basket, Knitting Marathon, Hay Bale Maze, or Living Art?

I'm the world's worst dancer and would probably last about as long as Morey and Babette did, but the marathon always looked like ridiculously fun to me, so I'll go with that one. Just don't make me eat one of Mama Kim's sandwiches! 

WYR be locked in an elevator with Emily or Paris?

Emily. I think once she was done criticizing my outfit, we can get on with the awkward silence until we were rescued.

WYR know what Emily's present to Lorelai was supposed to be (when she was going to marry Max) OR know what the town loner was protesting?

• Love 1

I think once she was done criticizing my outfit, we can get on with the awkward silence until we were rescued.

HA!

WYR know what Emily's present to Lorelai was supposed to be (when she was going to marry Max) OR know what the town loner was protesting?

I always wanted to know what the protest was about!

WYR sit through both the ballet and the folk tunes at Yale in Die, Jerk or attend a Gilmore bickering match at FND?

I rather work for Rory, b/c lets face it Doyle would constantly be on your case if you are doing better than him and Paris, is just plain scary to work for.

If you could swap lives ( live in their home, go to their job, etc) with one character for a week, who would it be? Emily, Paris, or Sookie?

I'd swap lives with Emily for sure. Tons of money to buy whatever I wanted, a maid to cook and clean, and bossing around the DAR ladies? I'm there.

Would you rather the series ended with Lorelei reuniting with Christopher or finding new love with Kirk.

I always wanted to know what the protest was about!

I thought we knew it was about the noodlescooze? ;)

I'd rather see Lorelai with Kirk! At least he's reliable. 

Would you rather Paris end up with Doyle or Jamie?

Doyle. I actually liked him for her. He seemed to be the balance she needed.

If you had to pick a season 1 relationship to last all seven seasons WYR have Rory/Dean or Lorelai/Max?

I thought we knew it was about the noodlescooze? ;)

D'oh!  What was I thinking?  LOL.

If you had to pick a season 1 relationship to last all seven seasons WYR have Rory/Dean or Lorelai/Max?

OMG.  That is just not right.  Reluctantly, I pick Lorelai/Max because while he was bland and smarmy, at least he didn't scare me.

Emily, during her separation from Richard, decides to go full-on Cougar and dates a much younger man.  WYR see her with Michel or Jason?

Michel and Emily! Please, someone write a fanfic. Or film a pilot.  I would love to see this!

Richard decides to date a much younger woman - Paris or Lane?

(edited)

Paris! I would love to see them go toe-to-toe on politics and other things. Plus...she has experience with older men.

If you had to pick a major character to eliminate from the show, who would it be: Lorelai, Sookie, Rory, Luke, Michel, Kirk, Lane, Emily, Richard, or Paris?

Edited by AlinaRay

As much as it pains me to say it, probably Kirk. He was funny, but I feel the basic plotlines of the show would have to change to accommodate any of the other not being on the show.

Death is not an option: Spend a weekend with TJ & Liz or vacation with Kirk and Taylor.

Death! DEATH!!! 

...Oh, wait, that's not an option? How cruel! I'll pick Kirk and Taylor, the (slightly) lesser of two evils for me :) 

WYR have seen Rory date Doyle or Paris date Logan?

I think Paris and Logan.  She might be good for him (and he might get her to loosen up just a smidge as well).  I don't see anything in either Rory or Doyle that would encourage growth in the other if they were a couple.

I'm on a kick with the Cougar thing, but this time I'm focusing on the younger generation dealing with a stepfather that's barely older than they are.  From that perspective, would you rather see Burrito Boy hook up permanently with Lorelai or Paris' mother?

Hmm...Paris' mom. She seems like the type that would be into the cougar thing.

Oh no! The Crapshack has burned down, and all the rooms at the inn are full, WYR see the girls live with Sookie and Jackson or the Kims?

The Kims! Watching Lorelai and Rory try adapt to a house with strict rules (and, most horrifyingly of all, no junk food) would be highly amusing :) 

A related question: You---yes, YOU---get to live in Stars Hollow for two weeks. WYR stay with Kirk, Taylor, or Lane, Zach and their twins?  

Kirk. I can't help but love him...living with his mom might get old after awhile though.

Putting aside their relationship with Lorelai, which of her beaus do you think would make the best father figure for Rory: Christopher, Luke, Max, or Jason?

I can't believe I'm saying this, but...Max. I personally can't stand Max, but objectively speaking, he's definitely the most emotionally healthy of the men you listed! Plus, they could bond on their shared love of literature. 

Who WYR have as a son-in-law: Jess, Dean or Logan?

I can't believe I'm saying this as a Jess fan, but probably Logan. He's the one that seemed to treat Lorelai with the most respect. And, even though his first venture failed, he did seem to want to make something of his life and not be content to just float through it.

WYR be Emily's maid or Richard's assistant?

Richard assistant. I think while he would be demanding, I don't think he would be so snooty about it.

Would you like to see Emily hanging out with Mama Kim for a day or Richard hanging with Taylor?

(edited)

Emily with Mama Kim, please!!! Their sadly few scenes were absolute gold IMO. 

In S2 or S3, one of these wealthy characters loses all their money and must move into the CS with Lorelai and Rory. WYR it be Emily, Paris, Louise, Tristan or Trix?!

Edited by mstaken

Trix!!!  I think that would be a hoot!  I would love to see her interact with some of the townies.  She'd probably make Kirk cry LOL.

Oh noes!  Lorelai's house has burned to the ground!  WYR see her move to the Twickham house or the house that Emily was going to buy?

• Love 1

I'm thinking the Twickham House. It's closer to the town and Luke's. (Perhaps it's the fact that Mags wrote a fanfic and they live in the Twickham House) ;)

Do we finally want to met Mrs. Gleason (Kirk's mommy) or Al from Al's Pancake World?

I'm more eager to meet Kirk's mom. I can only imagine the interesting, quirk-brimming woman who raised someone like Kirk :) 

You get to recast one of the following roles (and we're assuming the actual writing remains the same). WYR recast Dean, Logan, Jess or Zach? 

Ooh, toughie.

I think I'll say Logan, just because that actor doesn't do it for me at all and just oozed sleaze. Jess/MV is at least as equally punchable, but he at least has something that fits that "bad boy" character. I think Logan's character could have been a little more subtle with the smarm and I would understand Rory's attraction to him better. 

I want to say he should have been cast by Ryan Gosling, but I would probably recast most people for Ryan Gosling. :)

One of the grandparents needs to be recast! WYR it be Richard or Emily?

I think I'll say Logan, just because that actor doesn't do it for me at all and just oozed sleaze.

Amen, sister friend! On paper, I'd actually find Logan pretty compelling and enjoyable (albeit probably still not as Rory's long-term boyfriend), but the actor's perma-smirk and condescending, smarmy line deliveries made me not only dislike him, but question Rory's judgment for wanting anything to do with him! 

One of the grandparents needs to be recast! WYR it be Richard or Emily?

Noooooo! I guess I'll recast Richard, who played a smaller role. I can't imagine anyone other than Kelly Bishop playing Emily. 

More recasting: You have to recast Paris, Lane, Luke or Sookie. Who do you choose?! 

I would have to say Lane. I love her to to death, but sometimes the way she clips her lines grates at me.

WYR go to the Star's Hollow Museum, or take Rory's tour of Yale?

The museum, for sure.  I thought it looked fun in all of it's cheesy goodness.

WYR take finance lessons from Kirk, yoga from Miss Patty, how to antique shop from Mrs. Kim, or an SAT class from Paris?

Antique shopping with Mrs. Kim would be the most useful but finance with Kirk would be hilarious. How about yoga with Kirk?

WYR eat lunch every single day with Taylor, Michel or Kirk?

Chiliquilas, please! I'm not quite sure what they are, but salad is just way too healthy for my taste ;) 

WYR a GG movie (yes, a girl can dream!) focus more on the ups and downs in Rory's career path or on her love life? 

Career path! Would love to see her come into her own, show some more of that Rory tenacity and smart mouth we saw in her early days at Chilton.

Family history re-write: one of Luke's parents is alive and well and hanging out with the townies (and maybe helping Luke be less stupid...): his mom or his dad?

Edited by eledgy
  • Love 1

Very interesting question! I think we needed more father-child relationships on the show, so I'll resurrect William :) 

Which of these characters do you wish had had siblings we'd gotten to know: Lane, Paris or Jess. 

Oohh...I'm going to say Lane...especially if it's a brother...it would have been interesting to see if Mama Kim would have been so strict with a boy.

WYR drink the founder's day punch or the "chai latte" from Luke

BOTH!!! 

Oh, wait, that's not an option?! I'll take one of Luke's flannels, then. For one thing, it's more closely associated with the show than any one of Lorelai's random shirts. For another, those flannels look a lot more comfortable than most of what Lorelai wears! 

Given that she kept debating between medicine and law, WYR have Paris as your doctor or your lawyer?

• Love 1

I'd say lawyer. She'd be a shark. Not sure her bedside manner would show.

You get to tour Stars Hollow (I got to in 2007) Are you most excited to see

The Dragonfly set or The Gilmore mansion set?

Dragonfly!!! The mansion is gorgeous, but the Dragonfly is so charming and gorgeous and symbolic of things about the show that I happen to love :) 

You're hanging out with the SH townies! WYR do karaoke, a pop culture trivia contest, a DVD marathon or just your basic 'drink and eat and mingle' party?