Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E20: You Gotta Have Heart

• Start Topic

On ‎1‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 0:49 PM, benteen said:

The gang was so incestuous with their little click.  They went to school as a click and graduated as a click, rarely going outside of it for any long period of time.

I'm assuming part of this has to do with cast size and some shows handle it better.  Friends had similar inter-group dating which I always thought was super gross.  I had a tight group of friends in college (a group of 6) and one of the guys and I developed feelings, but we decided not to pursue it.  Mostly because we knew it would screw up the group.  This is why I really like Seinfeld.  Except for this one outlier episode where Jerry and Elaine re-hookup, the show never had them interdate.  I think it would have been cool to have this role of "girlfriend of the week" for Steve.  I guess they did that with Brandon but it didn't work because he kept falling in love with them.  With Jerry, you knew they wouldn't last long and that was ok.  

Yea but with friends it felt more natural because Ross just dated Rachel (obviously not monica) lol.. and Chandler just dated and went on to marry Monica. On 90210, everyone dated each other more than once. I loved when dylan met and fell in love with Toni because you know Kelly never pictured dylan to love anyone other than her again and it was clear that dylan was way more into toni than he ever was with her.

• Love 1

I LOVED Toni . I remember studying abroad that year and my best friend would give me insanely brief updates on 90210.  It basically went "Dylan met and married the Noxema Girl and she died".   I will need to rewatch this because I can't remember if Dylan had gone after her under false pretenses (to get back at her dad).

For Friends, didn't Joey and Rachel date too?  I think that's when I just rolled by eyes and groaned.

yea the rachel and joey story line was really stupid, but at least ross was mad over it. On this show everyone dates every ones exes and best friends and never seems to be upset over it. Example- David and Donna had a long lasting relationship. They break up . He dates her room mate and best friend. Sure, go for it. In what world would that happen

• Love 1
11 hours ago, CurlyATX said:

I LOVED Toni . I remember studying abroad that year and my best friend would give me insanely brief updates on 90210.  It basically went "Dylan met and married the Noxema Girl and she died".   I will need to rewatch this because I can't remember if Dylan had gone after her under false pretenses (to get back at her dad).

For Friends, didn't Joey and Rachel date too?  I think that's when I just rolled by eyes and groaned.

He got close to her to get at her father.  I don't remember if getting into a relationship with her was part of the plan but she knew about it well before they got married.

• Love 2
On 1/10/2017 at 5:01 AM, Jaclyn88 said:

yea the rachel and joey story line was really stupid, but at least ross was mad over it. On this show everyone dates every ones exes and best friends and never seems to be upset over it. Example- David and Donna had a long lasting relationship. They break up . He dates her room mate and best friend. Sure, go for it. In what world would that happen

To be fair he didn't know they were roommates and didn't go for it until they had the okay. Donna can't be jealous apparently. I mean how does she not care that her ex-boyfriend that the cheated on her was dating her roommate and then dated the girl who slept with Donna's boyfriend. How do you not get annoyed or jealous on that?

Anyway shows like that will have interdating cause of the obvious I guess. 

I don't know if anyone here watched one tree hill, but if you did.. the brooke peyton lucas triangle was much more realistic than any of the triangles on this show. There was anger involved for longer than 5 minutes. 

• Love 1