Type keyword(s) to search

S23.E03: Make Your Mark

10 hours ago, Empress1 said:

I have an acquaintance who beat cancer and when her hair grew back, it grew back curly (it had apparently been straight before but I didn't know her then). She wears it short. She'd worn her straight hair short too. People have actually said to her, "Your hair came back curly! Was it worth it?" and she, a plain-speaking sort, will say "Is having curly hair worth surviving cancer? Like, would I rather have left my daughter with one parent in exchange for straight hair? Really?" I thought of that when the one twin was panicking about what essentially amounted to her getting her edges shaped.

It cannot be said enough: fuck cancer. I wish you strength, RealityCowgirl.

Grateful, Empress1. If I live to see hair again, it can come in any way it wants. :) 

Red's "virgin" issues may be more problematic (admitting I'm unfamiliar, though I stand by previous comment that modeling, and this show might be ill advised if it is that important to you). But "flirty" twin will survive the trauma of her cut. (And if she's half the model she thinks she is, she'll "flirt" right through the horror.) Pretty sure none of the other makeovers are irreversible. 

Edited by RealityCowgirl
On ‎12‎/‎28‎/‎2016 at 1:28 PM, Neurochick said:

My point was that some people don't like it when a black woman expresses herself in any way, shape or form.  Unfortunately in this society if a black woman does express herself she gets labeled as "angry" where white women get more sympathy.  I don't believe that's racist, that's just what happens.

The reason the twin didn't want the haircut was because they were going to shave the sides and she felt that was too much of a masculine type look. 

I personally find Kody and Tash annoying because of their behavior, but I also found a lot of Cherish's behavior annoying as well, even if I do agree with her about the bad dye job.  I don't care about anyone's race.  Tatiana and Giah are also black women, and seem to express themselves just fine, and because they do it with respect towards ALL the other women in the house, they are not described as annoying.  I could do without CoryAnne's talk about the pressure of being compared to her mother since she's mostly the one bringing up the subject, but otherwise she seems okay.

As for giving the white women more sympathy, Courtney got sympathy because she was ill.  India and Paige haven't done much one way or the other to acquire an "angry" or "annoying" label, but hey, it's only the second episode, so there's time.  (Oops, third episode, but the basic point still stands.)

And also, what are "online" and "video" models? Isn't it just "catalog"?

I took the "video" comments to mean music videos, in which background dancers tend to be very sexual, and "online" says something like Snapchat or Instagram to me.

Edited by proserpina65
  • Love 3

Two makeover meltdowns AND the nude photo shoot. And it's not even my birthday...

That being said....could they try just a wee bit to make things more believable? There's way too much venom for girls who have known each other all of a few days. And we're supposed to believe a young woman of twenty six will pitch a hissy fit about being asked to leave a bedroom so a sick person can sleep (because there isn't a whole shiny new house in which to chat)? It's a bedroom, not the Algonquin table.

• Love 4

I don't care how nice or bitchy eyebrows was, she was clearly sick and those other girls sucked big time.  And Marissa and her fake apology... girl, if you are going to apologise to get a better edit, don't reveal your plan to the camera because you know that it is going to be aired and everyone will know what kind of conniving bitch you really are.  Better to tell the camera that you thought about it and feel so bad about what you said...

• Love 4

Krislianne the short Instagram model should've gone home as I just can't see her becoming high fashion or not doing her usual hoochie poses.

The twins are really annoying and not in a good way either. At 26 they should be old enough to be wiser but yet they act like spoiled 18 year olds.

Cherish should've been more accommodating with her makeover. She did remind me of the Garbage singer Shirley Manson though after her makeover so I think she should've stayed for at least another week.

Ashley Graham is beautiful and I love her confidence and her body positive advice to the hamsters.

I agree that the makeovers this cycle are good in general. Probably if this cycle still had Tyra as host, she would've given Tash or Cody a fake pin-on ponytail or a a beard weave.

I enjoyed how much they complained about Courtney when she was clearly sick, they even gave her shit and rolled their eyes when she said she couldn't wear lipstick with nuts in it because she was allergic. Such a drama queen!. And when they asked her to stick her ass out and she couldn't because she had rods in her back from scoliosis. Even Tyra wouldn't be able to tell she she wasn't being a team player or arguing with the photographer. Such bitches. Courtney clearly has/had issues and they could not let it go

• Love 1

Well, we've reached the part of this "cycle" where I officially think everyone looks like someone else who has come before, if that makes any sense.  I'm glad we kept makeovers, though since I can't name everyone yet, it didn't help clarify.  I've enjoyed the comments so far, hope I don't repeat anything, so let's see.......India.  She looks like a younger Elisabeth Rohm, and the purple hair does work for her, though I thought that trend was getting on toward over?  I'm way outside that demographic, so maybe not.  Though it would be nice to try......at any rate, her two second nude freak was not really necessary.  I mean, have you ever watched this show?  Or ever even Googled modeling?  That would have helped.  I'm over that, AND the screaming at each other about nonsensical things for nonsensical reasons.  Moving on, I didn't think it was possible but they somehow made the twins look older and more busted than before, so, cheers!  Is it Kody who has the long hair and Tash the short?  Cherish.  I agree with the name being annoying, PLUS to me she looks like that actress who played the other sister on 8 Simple Rules.  Not Kaley Cuoco.  Amy something?  I don't recall.  I get being upset about the hair but again.  PAY ATTENTION.  She came off a little flip, for someone who wasn't that great a model.  Coryanne looked great again with her hair back.  Which makes me wonder why they all weren't dinged for either presenting their makeovers in person at judging and/or dressing like hookers.  Maybe that's how it is done now.  Video girl with the bangs can go.  Paige.  I didn't even know who she was.  80's rock reject, indeed.  Kimberly Stewart from back in the day!  Courtney.  The more I look at her....IDK.  Courtney Stodden maybe?  She reminds me of someone.  And Rita Ora owes an apology to everyone starting in the 40s.  Blonde hair and red lipstick, trademark, really?  I'm not the biggest Ashley Graham fan but she's much better at the hosting than RO.  I feel like I should remember Giah more.  I can't remember anyone else just yet and I agree that before and after photos would have been useful.  I missed a bunch but gone on too long, so off I go to look some of these chiclets up!

• Love 2

Thanks for that link. Wow, Giah really did get screwed. She had that big, beautiful mane of curls and they did that two toned straight blunt mess!

I'm actually impressed with how not ridiculous the makeovers were for the most part. most of them really do seem like just upgrading the look the girls already had. Brightened the red, streamlined the one twin's short cut. Only one really long weave (on the twin, and I do think that was mostly just to tell them apart) and that terrible blunt cut on Giah (I think that's her, right?) The purple hair was really the only "crazy" makeover, and 1) she handled it beautifully and 2) it actually came out really nice (and I HATE that lavender hair look usually. I think it's because it's more rainbow than a solid lavender, and India has a face that can pull it off, quite beautiful in an indistinct kind of way). Strong hair like that on a strong face (like, say Eyebrows face) would look ridiculous, but on a softer "pretty" face it works.

IDK, I feel like, in some ways this was a reboot for the show, back to basics in some ways, and I approve of that. I am also happy it's a girls only season. As much as I like oogling hot guys, putting guys and girls together just wasn't working for me.

• Love 6
9 hours ago, Mabinogia said:

IDK, I feel like, in some ways this was a reboot for the show, back to basics in some ways, and I approve of that. I am also happy it's a girls only season. As much as I like oogling hot guys, putting guys and girls together just wasn't working for me.

I agree.  I don't think the Tyra years could have ended any better than they did with Nyle as her last winner.  He's a gorgeous human, inside and out, and should be seen as her crowning glory.  

So did Marissa actually say any version of the words "I'm sorry", or did she just word-dance around it and make it sound like an apology?

• Love 3

Oh Nyle *swoon*

I'm pretty sure Marissa just word danced to look good on camera, only, being of a generation that feels the need to share everything with everyone, she told the cameras that is what she was doing so she really didn't look very good on camera. LOL Though, yeah, still more than the twins did.

• Love 2

I don't think the Tyra years could have ended any better than they did with Nyle as her last winner.

Well...except last I heard, nyle was a guest dancer at chippendales. Glad antm is really taking you places, buddy.

Wasn't Nyle also a winner on "Dancing with the Stars"? He should make it a triple crown by going on a cooking show like "Top Chef" and winning that too. A hot guy who dances, cooks, looks great in skimpy underwear, and won't nag at me. My perfect man.

Edited by Mattipoo
  • Love 7

I adored Nyle.  He handled the whole horseshit cycle with grace and class and always looked like he was laughing inside at the other "models".  He was also the only reason I watched DWTS after quitting many seasons before when I FINALLY figured out it was rigged (yeah, I'm slow).  I have to give Top Model credit this time around because at least they are being honest about how much exposure contestants have had...........anyone remember Sal(eshia) from C9, and that mess?  I checked out that Facebook link and man, I just don't know.  I'm torn b/w everyone looks exactly alike or no, none of em look like models.  Well, there's always tomorrow('s episode)!

• Love 1
On ‎12‎/‎27‎/‎2016 at 5:09 AM, candall said:

I can't believe how great that lavender hair is working out for whatshername--it's the best version of that weirdness I've ever seen.  It's flattering!  Plus, I was admiring all the shades in her hair instead of checking out her different sized eyes.

I believe that's India, and I totally agree.  I think she's gorgeous, and I love her eyes.  She seems very familiar, and I think I've figured it out.  https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=margaery+tyrell&view=detailv2&&id=49D29E3E187F5FB7FA1C32800E7B81B00F09E8B6&selectedIndex=110&ccid=0QbDbNjC&simid=608031099691403201&thid=OIP.0QbDbNjCFp8YuTf7JwMg-ADHEs&ajaxhist=0

1 minute ago, RedheadZombie said:

I believe that's India, and I totally agree.  I think she's gorgeous, and I love her eyes.  She seems very familiar, and I think I've figured it out.  https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=margaery+tyrell&view=detailv2&&id=49D29E3E187F5FB7FA1C32800E7B81B00F09E8B6&selectedIndex=110&ccid=0QbDbNjC&simid=608031099691403201&thid=OIP.0QbDbNjCFp8YuTf7JwMg-ADHEs&ajaxhist=0

She looks more like Julia Stiles to me.

• Love 1