Type keyword(s) to search

Let's Rank The All-Time Best Top Chef Boyfriends!

Primetimer
  • Start Topic

On 12/15/2016 at 4:19 PM, Iseut said:

Marry Bryan V

I have a huge crush on Bryan V. I organized a whole vacation around going to Volt (we live in NY) and my DH and I had our anniversary dinner there. It was fabulous.

• Love 3
8 hours ago, dleighg said:

I have a huge crush on Bryan V. I organized a whole vacation around going to Volt (we live in NY) and my DH and I had our anniversary dinner there. It was fabulous.

I'm so jealous! I share your crush on Bryan V.  I live in Texas so am unlikely to ever get to eat at Volt, so I'll just vicariously enjoy your experience.

• Love 1
On 12/20/2016 at 2:34 PM, spiderpig said:

None of the guys in the standard TC format have done it for me.  On Masters, however...

Hubert Keller.  I will follow you anywhere.

OMG.   OMG.   OMG.   You are so right.   I'll just leave this right here.   (edited to add, to see full screen you may have to click on the name Chantel Keller).  

I would take Daddy Tom over all the contestants so far, except possibly Harold.   I love me some Harold.  

Edited by SuzWhat
  • Love 3
18 minutes ago, SuzWhat said:

OMG.   OMG.   OMG.   You are so right.   I'll just leave this right here.   (edited to add, to see full screen you may have to click on the name Chantel Keller).  

I adore-adore-adore him.  I'm beating myself on the head for not getting to Fleur de Lys before it closed in SF.  But there's still Burger Bar in Macy's Union Square, and we're planning to hit it on New Year's Eve.

• Love 1
20 minutes ago, spiderpig said:

I adore-adore-adore him.  I'm beating myself on the head for not getting to Fleur de Lys before it closed in SF.  But there's still Burger Bar in Macy's Union Square, and we're planning to hit it on New Year's Eve.

Fleur de Lys was lovely. Once we got a tour of the kitchen and meet Hubert. 

I have only been to Burger Bar three or four times, which is sort of weird because I live six blocks from it but we tend to avoid Union Square, but everytime I have been there so was Hubert!

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, biakbiak said:

Fleur-de-lis de Lys was lovely. Once we got a tour of the kitchen and meet Hubert. 

I have only been to Burger Bar three or four times, which is sort of weird because I live six blocks from it but we tend to avoid Union Square, but everytime I have been there so was Hubert!

That's it.  Mr. pig can consider himself warned!

• Love 4
3 hours ago, biakbiak said:

Fleur de Lys was lovely. Once we got a tour of the kitchen and meet Hubert. 

I just died.  Typing this from the grave. 

• Love 1

This thread was so much fun to read!  I'm with those here who can't resist Keller and Ripert.  I'll never forget how sweet Ripert was about one of Carla's creepy mistakes, nor how gracious Keller was when fellow chef Michael Chiclet Head of Napa was so obnoxious that no one wanted to work with him.  I gave Blaise a few points for calling him out in a TH  and hope it haunts the arrogant Chiclet.  

Some of the chefs I admired but more like just people I wouldn't mind doing hang arounds with.   Loved Dale, was fascinated by Sosa for some reason, liked Tre. I really liked Hung; got way too excited seeing how he could cut up a chicken.  I love the quiet cool of Silva. Was happy to see Sheldon this season; love that smile of his. I liked Paul and thought he should get a medal for surviving the two brutal broads from that season.  Also liked the flirty relationship of Tiffany Derry and Ed Cotton... 

• Love 2

Keller isn't my type physically, but count me in! He is always twinkly, you can tell he's having a good time. He has passion, gentleness, and light-heartedness that are all very attractive. (And, duh, he speaks French.)

10 hours ago, biakbiak said:

I've never been to Burger Bar. Union Square gives me hives! So many idiots. Maybe I should go so I can see Hubert!

• Love 2
6 hours ago, snarktini said:

Keller isn't my type physically, but count me in! He is always twinkly, you can tell he's having a good time. He has passion, gentleness, and light-heartedness that are all very attractive. (And, duh, he speaks French.)

I've never been to Burger Bar. Union Square gives me hives! So many idiots. Maybe I should go so I can see Hubert!

I'm nobody's type physically anymore (senior here) but HK's adorable personality make him my go-to guy after my Official Dream Lover Harrison Ford.

I haven't been to Union Square since I retired 6 (!?!) years ago, but I think we'd better hotfoot it over there soon at the rate Macy's is closing stores.

• Love 3

Late last night, I had an email from my Kindle with an offer to purchase a book titled Hubert Keller's Souvenirs, Stories & Recipes from My Life. I thought you all should know that there is a woman in the comments after your man. She not only posted comments about him being her chef boyfriend in the comments for that book, but also Huber Keller's Christmas in Alsace. Both books are on sale for Kindle for $1.49, and yes, I did order them, even though the Christmas one has some poor reviews for the editing.

• Love 1

I've just finished watching Masterchef UK: The Professionals (avail on BBC iplayer) and I have to say Marcus Wareing rocked my boat!  He has the most lovely eyes (blue) and genuine smile.  Oh happy dreams.

Edited by DHDancer

I saw my boyfriend, Hugh, on the preview for Top Chef next week!  We have been separated for way too long, I am very excited.  Mani/pedi appointment made.   New outfit next on list. 

• Love 2
18 minutes ago, wings707 said:

I saw my boyfriend, Hugh, on the preview for Top Chef next week!  We have been separated for way too long, I am very excited.  Mani/pedi appointment made.   New outfit next on list. 

He was just on last week.

I'm re-watching the Boston season and don't know how I could have forgotten my pick for my TC boyfriend (ever!!): Doug/Dougie! Love his personality, his beard, everything...I hated that he drew the short straw with ant eggs, but he probably wouldn't have been able to take Mei out in the finale.

Love him. Absolutely adorable.

• Love 2

I searched for TWO HOURS to find my boyfriend's name!  He's (I think) Chris "C.J." Jacobsen.  A brief description might help you.  He's as tell as Sam, thin, and he sometimes mentions that he had cancer and had to have a testicle removed.  Maybe, because of his height, I have him confused with Sam, but I don't think so. It could be that I felt sorry for him.

I'll have to come back later with my runners-up.  One thing I know is that it will NEVER be Steven, the wine "expert," or Hosea Rosenberg.  Creepy!

11 hours ago, Lura said:

One thing I know is that it will NEVER be Steven, the wine "expert," or Hosea Rosenberg.  Creepy!

Oh you had to go and do it.  Bring up Steven the wine expert.  I thought I'd purged him from my mind.

But since you did, Lura, any idea what he's up to now?  Wine consultant at Buckingham Palace?

• Love 1

I know I have several cheftant boyfriends but my memory fails me.  I love crazy Dave Martin, season one, as a BFF.  

Fabio is a contender.  I don't care that he pushes his accent and chews the scenery.  He is upbeat and witty.  That is all I require.    

@archer1267  Yes, Doug, is adorable.  

Edited by wings707
  • Love 3

I've always had "Work Husbands" - totally platonic relationships with guys I spent 8+ hours a day with.  They were either gay or married, but we'd go to the mats for each other when one of us was challenged by an outsider.

That said, I claim Sheldon as my Top Chef work-husband.  (Along with my beloved Hubert Keller.)

• Love 2
2 hours ago, wings707 said:

I know I have several cheftant boyfriends but my memory fails me.  I love crazy Dave Martin, season one, as a BFF

Look up his Dave's Homemade dark chocolate malted fudge sauce on Amazon. To DIE for. We have a jar in the 'fridge at all times.

8 minutes ago, cooksdelight said:

Look up his Dave's Homemade dark chocolate malted fudge sauce on Amazon. To DIE for. We have a jar in the 'fridge at all times.

I prefer milk chocolate to dark but MALTED? oh yes.  Love malted vanilla ice cream, what a treat with salted caramel or chocolate sauce.  

37 minutes ago, wings707 said:

I prefer milk chocolate to dark but MALTED? oh yes.  Love malted vanilla ice cream, what a treat with salted caramel or chocolate sauce.  

We heat it slightly in the microwave before putting it on ice cream or cake. I could eat it straight out of the jar....but that could get messy. LOL

I love Yigit!! He and Zac are my two favorite chefs from Gail's dessert TC reign.

• Love 2
23 minutes ago, Jamie Satyr said:

Well I love the V Bros as well, but if we're allowed to go to the spinoffs, I still think madly of "TC: Just Desserts'" S1 winner Yigit Pura! ;-)FW-thopper-Yigit-Pura-of-Tout-Sweet-Pa%C

I just saw him last week it was at his shop so it wasn't that surprising.

1 minute ago, biakbiak said:

I just saw him last week it was at his shop so it wasn't that surprising.

Still in SF? Used to live there back in '97 working a project! I haven't seen or heard of Yigit since appearance on "Million Dollar Matchmaker!" Pics show he must have gone with someone else since that show! ;-) luke-naro-yigit-pura_3341725.jpg

Neener!  Neener!  LOL

Cooksdelight, you catch all the breaks!  :)

Anyway, I finally remembered my all-time one, true boyfriend, so I'll have to  drop CJ.  *sniff*  My boyfriend is super smart, totally nice, has a great sister, has a keen sense of humor, and is creative as all get out.  My boyfriend is Gregory Gourdet. I miss him!

• Love 3

I've been completely charmed by Sheldon this season. His easy affection with his wife was just adorable. He's a sweetie.

I know he doesn't bat for my team, but I found Gregory adorable as well.

Fabio is overrated. I found him greasy, quick to anger, overly arguementative and more cocky in his abilities than he should've been (I thought he was a middling chef, not a superstar).

I also find the V brother's hotness overrated.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, WineCheeseChocolat said:

I've been completely charmed by Sheldon this season. His easy affection with his wife was just adorable. He's a sweetie.

I know he doesn't bat for my team, but I found Gregory adorable as well.

Fabio is overrated. I found him greasy, quick to anger, overly arguementative and more cocky in his abilities than he should've been (I thought he was a middling chef, not a superstar).

I also find the V brother's hotness overrated.

I said the same about Sam from Season 2 & recently in S 14; terribly overrated! I think the vocation is desperate for any sex appeal since most noted for "tub-o's!" Most are getting surgery; lap-bands, etc. and are losing weight, but more are still unattractive and heavy! Beside Yigit, I also like S4's Brian Malarkey & from S5, Jeff McInnis! I liked Ilan/S2 initially, but he turned out to be a jerk so out of the running for making my list! ;-)

0ef27b5c63a18e974358e8b347106f36.jpeg jefftopchef.jpg

Edited by Jamie Satyr
Name correction

That's Brian Malarkey.  He's not bad-looking but he has an annoying high-pitched giggle and when he was on the first season of The Taste, he wore pancake makeup applied with a trowel and what appeared to be bright lipstick.  Maybe that's why he didn't return for the next season.  I understand he is quite successful in SanDiego, though.

Sounds like WineCheeseChocolat and I have more in common than just the fact that I love everything in your screen name!

LOVE LOVE LOVE Sheldon.  He was by far my favorite during the Seattle season and I was thrilled to see he was back this season, but as I was saying to my husband last night while we were watching (both of us Team! Sheldon!) somehow I manage to love him (Sheldon) more and more and more each episode this season.

I'm with you too on the innate and slightly inexplicable sexiness of Gregory Gourdet. 

NEVER got the Fabio love. Greasy and icky. 

Though admittedly greasy itself isn't a complete dealbreaker since Gregory's buddy his season, George, is probably my closest match to a "TC boyfriend" (and not only does his restaurant in DC make the best! saganaki! ever!, I got a glimpse of him in the kitchen and he's ever hotter in person) 

The Vs do nothing for me and sharing my unpopular (and hopefully not obnoxious first-world) opinion, Volt was by far the WORST "super-special-occasion-we'll-shell-out-the-big-bucks-for-this tasting meal" either I or Mr. Snap has EVER had (and we're in total agreement on this ... for those who live in the DC area and are familiar with the places like this, we've gone to Komi, Minibar, Volt and one other similarly ridonkulously-priced 20-course tasting meal which escapes me right now and Volt was both by far the worst meal and the most expensive one). 

On a Hubert Keller note, if anyone gets to Vegas, go to Fleur at Mandalay Bay and order the white onion soup veloute ... my daughter and her boyfriend love Vegas and that soup is their single most favorite dish in the world. They're going there this weekend to celebrate his 30th birthday and are doing a progressive food stop dinner (going to a bunch of places to have their favorite dishes at each one and Fleur for the soup is the first stop) 

And just from pure combo of aesthetics and personality, I'd have to have Tre on my list of TCBFs as well. 

UH-OH!  Geez, I must be the most fickle female on this board.  I no sooner settle on a boyfriend when I see one who's even more compelling.  My current fave is David Kinch of Manresa in Los Gatos, CA.  He's a genius!  His plates, such as combinations of veggies and flowers, are masterpieces!  Ever since I saw him whip Flay on "Iron Chef" I've had him in the corner of my eye.  Now, though, he's teaming up with the top three chefs in France, combining his talents and theirs for meals that must send you to Heaven.  He  & his team are going to Paris, Provence and (I forget).  Coming up  soon.  David charges prices that I cannot believe for dinner at Manresa, but then I figured I might as well follow a rich chef!  I wouldn't mind a safe full of bling!

Edited by Lura
typo

Manresa is delicious and worth the price. If you like him his season of A Mind of A Chef was lovely. His girlfriend Pim Techamuanvivit (@chezpim) is with a follow she is also very talented. Her restaurant is a few blocks from my house and luckily much cheaper than Manresa.

biakbiak, A Mind of a Chef?  Don't tell me I missed a show of David Kinch's!  Where (channel) and when was it on?  And you've eaten at Manresa!  This sounds like a stupid question, but I'd really like to know how you ordered -- it sounded to me like there was one meal, and that's what everyone ate for a set price of around $200 per person.  I had the impression that there was no menu per se that one could order from.  That turned me off a bit because I have to be careful what I eat.  I would be so grateful for anything you can tell me about it.  You're always so up on the latest that I shouldn't be surprised you've been dining in Los Gatos.  :)

BTW, congrats on being a monitor! 

@Lura Yes, Manresa is a set tasting menu you get three or four amuses, amazing bread and butter, 8 courses, with a few different desserts an optional cheese course and finished with petit fours and macaroons. When they call to confirm your reservation they go over any dietary restrictions/allergies. I have gone with Vegetarians and someone who thinks they are allergic to gluten and they were able to accommodate them but I eat everything so I am not certain what they can accommodate.

If you are in the area, though I don't know why anyone would be in Los Gatos unless you work in tech or are eating at Manresa, you could go to Manresa Bread and get their yummy bread and pastries.

(((biakbiak,))) thanks for the good info.  Your dinner must have been amazing!  Now, I'm dying to know what you had to eat!  I am so uneducated about lots of foods like sea urchin and caviar.  I grew up in a small town, and my mother's most adventuresome food was pork chops!  lol 

I wonder whether you saw that Manresa had a Yard Sale last weekend.  I think it was held at or near the bakery.  I'll bet his breads are to die for.  My goal is to be you for a weekend and dine at all the places you've been to.  Love reading about them.

Edited by Lura