Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E04: Tantrums and Titles

An argument erupts at Julie's first dinner party; loyalty issues erode Caroline Stanbury's relationship with Sophie; Caroline Fleming and Juliet gossip about Marissa's choice to leave her baby behind to party in the Hamptons.

14 minutes ago, breezy424 said:

Really Caroline?  You don't like rules?  I forget who said it but someone did say that when you're at Caroline S's home, you have to take off your shoes.  I would have thrown that right into her face at Mapperton.

I'm having a hard time believing Caroline's surly, snarly anger and aggression is about being forced to follow rules in boarding school.  I think rules are such a hot button for her right now because of this move to Dubai.  I think it's either the marriage "rules" that are forcing her to move with her husband, or the United Arab Emirates laws and rules she will be forced to follow in Dubai, or both, are why she is in such high anxiety and rebellion mode.

19 minutes ago, breezy424 said:

I do think Jules is right that Caroline is jealous of the title. 

I agree. 

• Love 13

The way Julie laid out the house rules was rude. However, I feel like the moment they walked back into the house for dinner that they tacitly agreed to abiding by Julie's rules (within reason). The same way that websites have the "we use cookies and by continuing to be on this website, you've agreed to the use of cookies" notification. If this shit really bothered you, you would have pulled Julie aside and said "I don't agree to your rules. I'm not coming to dinner. Sorry about the late notice."

Also Stanbury could have done what Adela did--lay around in the sun and drink wine. Instead, she walked around in the sun, drank wine, and bitched to Luke. I can see why Caroline Stanbury didn't want to go on the boat, there's no way that she could have found anything to do on it; it's not like the rest of the women put up with not fishing or drinking while on the fishing trip. Oh wait, they did.

It's clear to me that Stanbury thought this third season and final summer was going to be her queen bee victory/farewell tour. She thought she'd get to be obnoxious, snotty, spoiled, and demanding because she's Regina George and she's moving to another country. She assumed that everyone would acquiesce to her every demand because she's leaving. Her behavior at Mapperton was awful. But refusing to let her children attend their cousin's birthday party is appalling and unconscionable.

Stanbury's excuse that she can't deal with rules because of boarding school is bullshit. As someone said, there are all kinds of rules at Caroline Stanbury's house. Additionally, we've seen her take the most minimal of interests in her children. She's not going to home school them. She's only going to let her children go to day school in Dubai until they turn 12, 13, or whatever and then ship them off to boarding school in England. Girl, miss me with this shit. 

22 hours ago, izabella said:

I'm having a hard time believing Caroline's surly, snarly anger and aggression is about being forced to follow rules in boarding school.  I think rules are such a hot button for her right now because of this move to Dubai.  I think it's either the marriage "rules" that are forcing her to move with her husband, or the United Arab Emirates laws and rules she will be forced to follow in Dubai, or both, are why she is in such high anxiety and rebellion mode.

Yes, Caroline is having a hard time accepting her new normal. 

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 16

breezy424- I'm liking Caroline F. more and more too!!  She is REAL!! 

I like Sophie and feel so badly for her.  She seems to be holding her own with Stanbury, though! Juliet is her lapdog for sure!!  

I wonder what Stanbury's deal really is!! Maybe Izabella is right that she follows a lot of rules at home and certainly will in Dubai.

Adela looks like someone else on Bravo but I can't think of who.  Who is it??? 

• Love 6

Still loving Adela and her lack of tolerance for Stanbury's attitude.  I really liked Fleming tonight, too.  She seems better as a supporting character.

Stanbury was insufferable.  Some here keep reminding posters that she takes Luke everywhere because they're "friends".  Yet he's doing her makeup, chauffeuring her around as she refers to him as the "driver", and packing up her luggage, paying the hotel bill, chauffeuring her yet again, etc.  He's her servant that she likes to sleep with and bitch to, knowing he won't talk back because she pays his salary.  At least he tries defending Sophie, rather than yes-manning everything Caroline says.

I didn't know Caroline had a daughter, I thought she just had two little boys.  It was a total selfish and bitch move to keep her kids from their cousin's birthday party.  She could have made her point just as well by sending them with the nanny (who took care of them while she was at Sophie's last week, BTW). 

Luke kind of reminds me of a younger, much less grumpy Ken Todd.

Not gonna lie - I totally judged Marissa leaving Sadie while she jetted off to another country.  First of all, the baby almost died days ago.  Second, you're leaving her with the same "baby nurse" who didn't notice the baby was gray and lethargic - remember, it was Marissa's "mother's instinct" that saved her.  Third, if something happened again, there's a chance she couldn't make it back before the baby (God forbid) died.

I also think it totally sucked that they were only taking one of the boys with them.  How unfair to the other little boy!  He stays home while his brother sees all the extended family, and has a great time playing with his cousins.  They should have been honest and just said they wanted a vacation away from all of the children.  Spending time with each child individually, doesn't mean one has the time of his life in the Hamptons, while the other goes to see the newest Pixar movie.  I'm guessing they chose to take the oldest (have no idea), because he's most self-sufficient.  And if they now keep the vow that each little boy will go on his own vacation with mom and dad, then she's obviously planning on leaving baby Sadie again. 

Random thought:  Those aren't Stanbury's natural lips, are they?  She really reminds me of The Amazing Mr. Limpet, when he turns into the fish.  Also, Stanbury has beautiful hands, but she's far too prone to stick them up in other people's faces.  I can't stand that.

• Love 23
1 hour ago, jaybird2 said:

well, i guess i'm in the minority again!  i like caroline s and can't stand julie of mapperton.  she is beyond  annoying.. c.s. is so not jealous of her title.

Right there with ya. Caroline S has been the only one worth watching on this show since the beginning. The rest of them are boring to me.

Julie and Katie from Vanderpump Rules have been drinking RHONY Alex McCord's koolaid and finding their voices lol. I don't know if Caroline S is jealous of Julie's title but I definitely think the rest of the ladies are cozying up to/siding with her because of it. 

• Love 1

I can't stand Julie of Mapperton.  She was pityingly frazzled during the first couple of seasons but now that she's Queen of the Pile of Rubble she's downright obnoxious.  Also, camo? EWWWW at her cat crawling around on her kitchen counter! The cat's paws were in its litter, all over the floor, outside on the ground possibly... you make food there! Disgusting. *shudder*

Caroline Stanbury was in boarding school a few decades ago.  It was either a truly abusive and traumatic experience to have had such a lasting effect, or she's full of shit.  A cooler head would have snarked on the rules and needled Jules all night but Caroline nearly had a breakdown or two over it all.  Good luck in Dubai, sis.

I stan for Caroline Fleming.  There is something so charming about her. She's harmless.

Crazy that Marissa and Matt left their daughter behind in England while they went to party in the Hamptons. WTF? Didn't she almost die a few days before that?

Stanbury has her own personal storm cloud and she never leaves home without it.  The group was having such a good time until she showed up.  Even though it's nasty to withhold the kids from their cousin's birthday party, it's probably best that she didn't go herself. She would have ruined it.  Should have sent the kids with nanny or their grandparents.

Sophie's son's pallor concerned me.  He looked very yellow -- jaundice?  Another illness?  

Edited by LilaFowler
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, LilaFowler said:

Sophie's son's pallor concerned me.  He looked very yellow -- jaundice?  Another illness?  

His face was literally painted yellow by the face painter.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, breezy424 said:

Wow.  I'm the first to reply?  I do like the show because of the different setting.  Jules' home is stunning and the seaside there is incredible.

Really Caroline?  You don't like rules?  I forget who said it but someone did say that when you're at Caroline S's home, you have to take off your shoes.  I would have thrown that right into her face at Mapperton.

I do think Jules is right that Caroline is jealous of the title.  Jules also handled herself quite well.

Juliet is Caroline's lap dog.  I couldn't stand Sophie last season but I'm on her side this season.  Who knew.  Caroline acted like a spoiled child.  No surprise because she 'is' a spoiled child.

I can't help but like Caroline F more and more. 

Juliet is more like Caroline S's familiar than her lap dog. Like Gollum was to Sauron.

Not that I'm ascribing Sauron's level of evil to Caroline Stansbury. Sh'e not that important, even though she seems to think she is. Juliet Angus, OTOH, is more like a hissing, snarling homonculus. 

Oh dear, I really don't like her. Can you tell?

• Like 1
  • Love 6

Wow Stanbury is just an angry miserable person isn't she?. Maybe this move to Dubai is not as wonderful as we are led to believe. Talk about rules, she ain't seen nothing yet. And her pal Luke I find it odd that he seems to be sitting in the car waiting for her no matter where she goes. So is he her driver, her assistant. Or her pal? Why does he have to wait outside? I also wonder if he is going to Dubai with her. She just seems unbelievably unhappy. And to punish your children by not letting them attend their cousins bday party was just low. 

And wow Sophie's soon to be ex is getting a bad edit. From him playing on the phone at the party to blowing off Fleming he is coming off as a major douche. 

Boy the ladies do like their wine, don't they? Lots of rose on that boat, lol. 

Julie can stop with her lady of Mapperton act. 

Can Juliet be any farther up Stanbury's ass? 

The scenery was beautiful with the cliffs. But Julie need S to be less obvious with her selling of Mapperton to the masses. She almost came out and directly said that the purpose of the weekend was to get Mapperton on TV so people will visit 

Edited by poeticlicensed
  • Love 11

Seriously, what is Caroline's problem? Sophie didn't deserve any of the vitriol that Caroline threw at her. Caroline seems to think a "true friend" is someone who acquiesces to her every demand. It's a good thing she gets along so well with her makeup artist, because soon he'll probably be her only friend left.

What a bitch move it was that Caroline didn't bring her children to their cousin's birthday party. She should have put her differences with Sophie aside for the sake of her family. And Alex looked like an asshole, sitting there on his phone completely checked out of his own son's party. 

Good for Julie for talking with Caroline in private and clearing the air. I'm beginning to warm up to her.

Lastly, I'm envious of Caroline Fleming's yoga skills.

• Love 13
5 minutes ago, Linny said:

What a bitch move it was that Caroline didn't bring her children to their cousin's birthday party. She should have put her differences with Sophie aside for the sake of her family. And Alex looked like an asshole, sitting there on his phone completely checked out of his own son's party. 

My guess is that Stanbury's kids are with a nanny most of the time, so why not just send them with one of her nannies if the goal was to avoid Sophie? Why punish your own kids?

• Love 14

I tend to think the only person who cares about Julie's title is Julie. She generally drives me nuts with her selective pronunciation of the letter "t" which was the first thing I noticed from her. Her conversation on the side with Caroline S was the most I've ever liked her. Adela rubs me the wrong way for some reason. It seems like she's auditioning for the role of queen bee soon to be vacated by Stanbury who I find to be the most entertaining person on this show. She's clearly going through something right now and lashing out.  I don't give her a pass for not allowing the kids go to their cousin's birthday party but I will say Sophie's biggest issue is not knowing when to shut her mouth. She means well but can't get out of her own way like when she hugged her mother-in-law and talked about how she and Caroline were having an issue but they'd get through it. It's just poor timing much like telling Julie that Caroline said she was "dangerous." Read the freaking room Sophie!

• Like 1
  • Love 7
9 hours ago, crgirl412 said:

I'm liking Caroline F. more and more too!!  She is REAL!! 

She cracked me up when she said there was no way she was going to leave the dinner from hell because she was enjoying the delicious food too much, then the camera shows her stuffing her face! 

• Love 22

Mapperton was named 7 times in this episode.

Julie acts like she married into the immediate British royal family. The only one that thinks your title is important is you, honey.

I'm ok with Caroline S, but not letting her kids attend her nephew's birthday party is shitty.

Caroline F is so out there. She really enjoys her food, though. Haha.

• Love 8

I don't think Caroline S. is intimidated by Julie's title but I do think it annoys her that she has one demonstrated her TH when she spit out the line about what makes women with titles think they can boss her around mainly because I imagine if Caroline S had a title she would lord (no pun intended) it over everyone.

• Love 13

I'm not sure that Caroline S. is pissed that she's off to Dubai; I think it is more "I got Adela and Sophie roles on this show and how dare they turn around and throw me under the bus or challenge me when the cameras are rolling." I think that's pure betrayal she's feeling and she can't control it. Couple that with the pissy rules speech from Julie and she lost it. She was terrible this episode to Sophie; ditto about whiffing on the birthday party.

Julie and Katie from Vanderpump Rules have been drinking RHONY Alex McCord's koolaid and finding their voices lol.

Oh thank you for reminding me why Julie's mouse that roared act seems so obnoxiously familiar. It's the Alex McCord pale blond wimp who finds herself routine. The only moment I thought that Julie was actually authentic was when she was talking to Caroline S.; and you can see how easy it is to console Caroline when one is being real. Otherwise, Julie may believe she's stronger and more confident but all she is doing, to me, is talking loud and bossing people around. That little talking head she gave when she said the fish with the big lips they caught looked like Caroline was nasty.

Not gonna lie - I totally judged Marissa leaving Sadie while she jetted off to another country.  First of all, the baby almost died days ago.  Second, you're leaving her with the same "baby nurse" who didn't notice the baby was gray and lethargic - remember, it was Marissa's "mother's instinct" that saved her.  Third, if something happened again, there's a chance she couldn't make it back before the baby (God forbid) died.

Notice how all the other women judged her too and who wouldn't? Her son is how old? Just tell him that the baby is sick so everyone is going to the Hamptons and we'll plan another special solo trip soon. I am baffled by that. 

• Love 18
1 hour ago, bichonblitz said:

She cracked me up when she said there was no way she was going to leave the dinner from hell because she was enjoying the delicious food too much, then the camera shows her stuffing her face! 

Caroline F had the best scenes/lines this episode. Her face when she mentioned a classmate who was eating worms - the words, the silence, the face, then "not good" (or not nice?), cracked me up.

Juliet on the other hand is so annoying. Notice how she was much less virulent on the boat. It's like she's only trying to get as much screen time as she can and she knows she's on probation. Not only is she not funny, but she seems fake too, so I hope her probation ends soon with her moving far away from London.

I liked Julie for once in her conversation with Caroline S.

I also liked all the women having a great time, but didn't like that it ended when Caroline S deigned to join the gang.

I think all of you above who think something else is going on with Caroline S are right. She used to be horrible in a tongue-in-cheek way, now she's plain horrible in a miserable way. 

Oh, and I love Sophie!

• Love 5
13 minutes ago, TheFinalRose said:

I'm not sure that Caroline S. is pissed that she's off to Dubai; I think it is more "I got Adela and Sophie roles on this show and how dare they turn around and throw me under the bus or challenge me when the cameras are rolling." I think that's pure betrayal she's feeling and she can't control it.

I think you're right there, but I still think it's not the whole story. 

• Love 3

Sophie may have taken the "Loose Lips" title from Julie last night. Never repeat hurtful shit to someone just to gain an ally against the person who originally said it. What possible good could come of Sophie's telling Adela Caroline's claim about raising Adela from the gutter?

• Love 2

FWIW, last night on Twitter Caroline S posted that she was traveling the weekend of the birthday party. Her mother was supposed to pick her children up and take them to the party. At the last minute her mother couldn't do it so the children weren't there. I don't know why she didn't have a nanny take them. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, may flowers said:

FWIW, last night on Twitter Caroline S posted that she was traveling the weekend of the birthday party. Her mother was supposed to pick her children up and take them to the party. At the last minute her mother couldn't do it so the children weren't there. I don't know why she didn't have a nanny take them. 

Wonder who is telling the truth, I am going with Sophie and said she told her the night before that Caroline texted her the night before that the children weren't coming.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, Linny said:

Seriously, what is Caroline's problem? Sophie didn't deserve any of the vitriol that Caroline threw at her. Caroline seems to think a "true friend" is someone who acquiesces to her every demand. It's a good thing she gets along so well with her makeup artist, because soon he'll probably be her only friend left.

What a bitch move it was that Caroline didn't bring her children to their cousin's birthday party. She should have put her differences with Sophie aside for the sake of her family

I'm currently dating a man who I've discovered is a narcissist, and having read up on the traits a narcissist possesses, I'd say Caroline S. is one as well.  First and foremost, they do not tolerate any form of personal criticism.  (I know, I know, why am I dating him then, right?  I'll stop when it's no longer fun.  He's very sociable, personable, and charming, all traits common to the species.)

• Love 5

I thought Caroline's parents were at the birthday party, so I wonder why they didn't bring the children?

interesting how Marissa mentioned that she and her husband both have brothers with houses in the Hamptons. Everyone must have lots of money! I could never have left the baby. I would have sent Matt and the two little boys to the Hamptons for grandma's 80th birthday and a visit with the cousins. A father/son trip.

• Like 1
  • Love 7
8 hours ago, Wouldofshouldof said:

I'm currently dating a man who I've discovered is a narcissist, and having read up on the traits a narcissist possesses, I'd say Caroline S. is one as well.  First and foremost, they do not tolerate any form of personal criticism.  (I know, I know, why am I dating him then, right?  I'll stop when it's no longer fun.  He's very sociable, personable, and charming, all traits common to the species.)

OMG, your post made me look up the traits. My husband of 25 years has changed a lot the past 2 or 3 years. He is either going through a mid-life crisis or has become a narcissist. Thanks for the info.

These women like any of the other housewife shows are just so ridiculous and exhausting. It must be hell being married to them!

Edited by Texasmom1970
unable to spell
  • Love 1

Loved the seashore scenery, just so pretty and serene. Loved Caroline F and S's earrings as well. They were both sporting huge diamond studs. Per Adele's comment that Stansbury is a fashion follower I wonder who had them first?

Can't stand Fleming. She is so fake with her "I love sunshine" and everything is so gorgeous. Comes off as insincere bullshit. 

I get the judgment on Marissa leaving her baby, but Juliet's smug face as she dropped the gossip bomb on the other ladies was just gross. Seems like Juliet has nothing going on in her life to offer the show so just leave her out. 

I used to like Julie a little, but she is getting on my nerves. Hope she becomes fun again soon. 

• Love 1
8 hours ago, poeticlicensed said:

The scenery was beautiful with the cliffs. But Julie need S to be less obvious with her selling of mapperton to the masses. She almost came out and directly said that the purpose of the weekend was to get mapperton on TV so people will visit 

I think she is totally upfront about it. It's the family business and she is doing her part.  I respect her for that.

Most of the women on this show came on to promote their buiseness, Gift Library included.

• Love 13
4 hours ago, Texasmom1970 said:

My husband of 25 years has changed a lot the past 2 or 3 tears. He is either going through a mid-life crisis or has become a narcissist. Thanks for the info.

Just been through that wringer.

The male mid-life.

It is strong.

all best.

• Love 3
22 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Did not like the way Caroline S. told the make-up artist/"friend" to answer the door.  

Don't forget Driver! Was Luke just sitting at the end of the driveway? He seemed to arrive right quick after Caroline stormed out.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 4
On 12/21/2016 at 0:20 AM, izabella said:

I can easily dislike them both.  Julie is insufferable with Mapperton.  I thought it was hilarious when her husband pointed out that her ideas LOST money for the gift shop.

Someone on her called her an Eeyore a few episodes ago, and I thought of that during his scene tonight - it must be what they have in common!  Her shop's losing money, the cook was offended about the puddings, blah blah blah :)

14 hours ago, esco1822 said:

I tend to think the only person who cares about Julie's title is Julie. She generally drives me nuts with her selective pronunciation of the letter "t" which was the first thing I noticed from her. Her conversation on the side with Caroline S was the most I've ever liked her. Adela rubs me the wrong way for some reason. It seems like she's auditioning for the role of queen bee soon to be vacated by Stanbury who I find to be the most entertaining person on this show. She's clearly going through something right now and lashing out.  I don't give her a pass for not allowing the kids go to their cousin's birthday party but I will say Sophie's biggest issue is not knowing when to shut her mouth. She means well but can't get out of her own way like when she hugged her mother-in-law and talked about how she and Caroline were having an issue but they'd get through it. It's just poor timing much like telling Julie that Caroline said she was "dangerous." Read the freaking room Sophie!

I think Adela's kind of a c word.  It seems like she has decided that her role on this show is going to be "I'm not afraid of CS!  I call her out all the time!" and I think CS was kind of shocked and surprised by that, which is why she's feeling betrayed and pissed at her.

12 hours ago, AliceGoodDay said:

Sophie may have taken the "Loose Lips" title from Julie last night. Never repeat hurtful shit to someone just to gain an ally against the person who originally said it. What possible good could come of Sophie's telling Adela Caroline's claim about raising Adela from the gutter?

I don't dislike Sophie for some reason like I do Adela, but she did start the whole thing - repeating to Julie that CS found her dangerous; repeating to CS that Julie was going to confront her at the luncheon, etc.

Can't stand Fleming either - big old show-off.

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, princelina said:

think Adela's kind of a c word.  It seems like she has decided that her role on this show is going to be "I'm not afraid of CS!  I call her out all the time!" and I think CS was kind of shocked and surprised by that, which is why she's feeling betrayed and pissed at her.

I don't know, a week or two ago all Adele said was that she had dinner with Julie, liked her and maybe Caroline S should give her another chance and CS proceeded to berate her at the shoe store. CS can't seem to have a friend unless they agree with her 100% about her views (even if they change on a whim) which is why Juliet does not move her lips from her ass so she can quickly follow.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 6

I felt like at the shoe store CS was trying to bitch to a friend and got a lecture in return, which seemed to surprise her, and then by the time of the dinner party, she realized what Adela was up to.  In one shot the camera briefly panned past Adela and you could see her looking around for the approval of others.  (I used to have a boyfriend who, whenever I wanted to vent about someone or something, would say, "Have you considered YOUR role in this?" when all I was looking for was "What a bitch".  Made me angry with him every time and we weren't even on camera :)

BTW I'm not saying that I admire CS's behavior, and I do think she's more full of shit than actually "triggered" by being given rules. But I do think she has a legit gripe about being betrayed by two people she thought of as friends so that they can have a storyline.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Fleming is making me laugh with her exuberance with regard to food.  

Did not like the way Caroline S. told the make-up artist/"friend" to answer the door.  

Yes, nothing gets between her and her eats! She can be endearing.

• Love 8

I wonder how many of Caroline S's 'friends' have been putting up with her and now that shes leaving the country don't feel like they have to put up with her bull.  Her paid friend/hairdresser/bedpartner/cardriver/doorgetter/rearwiper? never seems that truly happy to be around her.  She probably pays well.

I'm from the 60's-70's generation and Caroline F reminds me totally of how so many women acted back then.  It's like she missed her generation!  I like her because I can relate to her. 

Caroline S just seems to not like herself.  She's the bully with money and connections everyone is afraid to stand up to.  Bravo to Sophie for being her own self finally.  I'll bet she's had to be the 'Juliet' from the beginning of their friendship.  If Sophie would apologize to Caroline S by groveling on the ground and kissing her feet, declare Caroline S was totally in the right at Julie's party, link arms and snub her nose at the rest of the group I believe Caroline S would gladly have her back and leave Juliet without a backward glance.  Poor Juliet would probably be somewhere throwing her things in her suitcase, come outside expecting Caroline in her car and find only the tracks left......

• Love 3

I'm having a hard time believing Caroline's surly, snarly anger and aggression is about being forced to follow rules in boarding school. 

There's something going on. I wonder if she and her husband feel they must relocate to Dubai in order to scramble to make a living. Or to hide for a while. It's weird how she spends so much time in bed, or getting her makeup done. Because I think she's insufferable, I hope we find out what the real story is.

It also seems as if Marissa and her husband have no income other than the show. In some scenes I feel as if he has been maneuvering them both in front of the camera, trying to market themselves.

• Love 2
On 12/21/2016 at 0:20 AM, izabella said:

I can easily dislike them both.  Julie is insufferable with Mapperton.  I thought it was hilarious when her husband pointed out that her ideas LOST money for the gift shop.

I was disappointed that with all of Julie's can do attitude, she did not know her numbers.  There can't be that much to go over in that small shop.  I think Luke should give her an exception on the the old biddies' salary.  Julie could certainly let them go and hire someone new and then be in the black but they wouldn't and shouldn't do that.  Those old women, who sit there quietly judging Julie and selling the occasional tea cozy, are part of the estate and not necessarily the gift shop. 

I would, however, like to see one of them trying to explain a JUB ball to a customer.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
20 hours ago, biakbiak said:

I don't think Caroline S. is intimidated by Julie's title but I do think it annoys her that she has one demonstrated her TH when she spit out the line about what makes women with titles think they can boss her around mainly because I imagine if Caroline S had a title she would lord (no pun intended) it over everyone.

I caught that remark too. So other titled women have bossed her around. Boarding school experience?

• Love 2
3 hours ago, AliceGoodDay said:

I caught that remark too. So other titled women have bossed her around. Boarding school experience?

She might have been referring to CF, even though she is technically an ex-baroness, because they keep showing the clip of CF forcing CS to eat fruit at her dinner party.

Yes, I've long thought that it doesn't bother her that SHE doesn't have a title, but it DOES bother her that someone she doesn't respect has one, because to many, many people, that makes Julie more important than Caroline, and there's absolutely nothing she can do to change that except tear her down. I agree with the poster upthread who said that Caroline was expecting this season to be some kind of farewell victory march full of everybody talking about how much they will miss her (including the producers) and once filming started she realized every single one of them had already moved on, and she really wasn't part of the equation any more.  Likewise, Juliet was apparently assigned the role of "one who stands by the outlier," because as grasping a social climber as she is, there's no way she'd attach herself to a sinking ship about to set sail to Dubai (and out of the cast) without being told it's the only way to retain/earn back her ... whatever the London equivalent of the peach is.

I actually like the pulled together Julie.  The show is putting quite a glow on Mapperton (which looked a lot shabbier last time we saw it).  If the constant Mapperton, Mapperton, Mapperton thing results in American tourist traffic, good for the Viscountess.  It's the Earl of Sandwich's estate, not the "Gift Library" or "MasCARa" booze, or She by Sheree, or whatever Sonja Morgan is throwing at the wall this week.

I don't think Julie's throwing her title around so much because SHE feels superior about it. I think she just knows it's a very effective weapon for this particular person who has gone out of her way to be nasty and unsupportive.

Edited by kassa
  • Love 15