Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E08: No Show

• Start Topic

6 minutes ago, Jennifersdc said:

So WTF were they all whining (Scheana or somebody +) about no A/C and how unbearably uncomfortable they were? Really Queens...(credit to Bianca Del Rio).

Because their wall units weren't that great so the apartments were still hot.

• Love 2
36 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Because their wall units weren't that great so the apartments were still hot.

It's not that uncommon. Some of the oldest parts of the city are around West LA so many apartments were built before AC. Retrofitting fit central air is expensive and it cools down at night so it's common not to have it. 

On 2016-12-28 at 5:51 PM, HunterHunted said:

Congrats!!!

It's super crazy how some people...cough Scheana cough...fixate on the wedding and ignore the marriage. Scheana is an attention seeking narcissist, but she and Shay didn't have nearly the communication problems that Katie and Schwartz do. Katie spent $3,000 on invitations and she still needs to mail some of them. Even if she only has to mail half of them, it's still like another $500 to do that. Dumb decisions on top of dumb decisions. She's unilaterally making huge budget decisions. This show isn't going to last forever. It's much wiser to save their money than spend it on a wedding. It's also hilarious how Katie's taste is sort of awful. All of her garbage wedding choices are going to be memorialized on film forever.  

If Katie wasn't such a raging bitch and Scheana's marriage wasn't imploding, Katie really could have used Scheana's help. Scheana's wedding was gorgeous. Scheana really could be an event planner. And she's better at getting comps than anyone I've ever seen. She still has a relationship with Dylan's Candy Bar because Scheana got them to donate to Shay and Carter's birthday. I know that Scheana was not as cavalier with her budget as Katie is. Scheana hustled to get the wedding she wanted for the price she was willing to pay. Katie has no hustle and she's marrying Schwartz. She's a blob.

I've been to two weddings where the budget was insane, probably hundreds of thousands of dollars. The first one was in Connecticut. Five or six hundred guests. The cocktail hour (actually 2+ hours) had dozens of hors d'oeuvres. I mean dozens like probably 4 dozen different types. They had various lounges with themes set up in the venue. Everyone got insanely full during the cocktail reception because you wanted to go to each lounge. There was one were they were doing sushi and sake cocktails. Another with some tapas. And then there was an actual formal dinner. 

The other wedding was at The Plaza hotel in NYC. They had two huge caviar stations, an ice bar with specialty vodkas, and lobster during the cocktail reception. They hired someone whose name I'm blanking on to be the executive chef for the wedding and work with the Plaza's chef, but it was someone really notable. They had a Sylvia Weinstock cake. Maybe 300 guests.

That being said, the invitations for both weddings were nice, but not as conspicuously tacky as the either the tea towels or Pandora's awful invitations.

Scheana is one of the many women that fall in love with the idea of marriage without real serious thought to the realities of marriage. Everything seems more romantic when you're dating and you're with someone you know wants to spend the 'rest of their lives' with you. It's a gesture that's sometimes makes it hard to get your head out of the clouds long enough to realize that there will be tough times and saying you 'love' someone isn't what gets you through those times. It's love in the way of emotional, psychological and physical support you provide each other throughout that helps a marriage to survive. I'm not sure any of these girls are mature enough to really get that.

If people can afford big expensive weddings, more power to them, but it's such a fool's tale that you need to have a lot of money to have a beautiful wedding. You're right, Scheana pulled off a gorgeous wedding by making smart decisions (avoiding a weekend wedding, managing the clean up the day after, comps, etc.). Katy doesn't seem the least bit creative so it's no wonder that her option is to simply double her budget for her wedding.

• Love 7
On 12/28/2016 at 1:59 PM, FozzyBear said:

This is probably a bit of CA girl snobbery in me, but The Hamptons is kind of an odd vacation for a bunch of people from Southern California. Don't get me wrong, it's a very pretty area that I enjoy very much, but it's more or less Malibu with worse weather. And it's not like I expect them to soak up some local culture. They're going to sit on the beach and drink. They can do that in LA. 

I'm from Long Island and agree. Even when I lived there, I had no interest in going to the Hamptons. 

• Love 1

IMO, the only favors that I like from weddings (or any event) are ones that are edible.  When we got married, my mother-in-law was very insistent on us having a favor (which she wanted to pay for), and I suggested something everyone could take home and eat the next day.  She chose giant chocolate chip cookies from a small but beloved local baker and everyone seemed to love them. 

• Love 10

Stassi is EXACTLY like her mother--a whirlwind of an attention sucker with dramatic flair. I almost can't blame Stassi for being so terrible now. Said in the '80s anti-drug commercial voice, "I learned it by watching YOU, [Mom]! I learned it by watching you. (Sob!)" Nikolai went with the only other option: becoming the polar opposite of both of them. Poor kid HAS to be the rational adult because mom sure isn't.

i'm so confused by James. (I know, par for the course.) He was just saying how he's never been happier in his Whisky A-Go-Go and Roxy-adjacent empty club and that SUR was holding him back from his career trajectory. But then the DayQuil wears off and he's saying how he's never been so miserable and his whole identity is wrapped up in Pump and SUR. Huh?

And throw another vote in for no one wanting Katie's $18 tea towel. I'll add that the whole finished invite was $18, so the towel itself may have been half the cost--if that matters. 

And the only thing I care less about than the tea towel is where LaLa is. But I'll throw out a guess that she got mugged for her Louboutins. Or, most likely, she got so upset that she spent her entire bi-weekly paycheck on the damn shoes and no one noticed or cared enough to make up more rumors about her that she slinked off (or hobbled out on those spike heels) into the sunset, never to be seen again.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, RedDelicious said:

Thank you JENE4! Good lord, I'm pretty aware of things but I've never heard of sizzurp. Yikes!

I only know because I have a 20 and 17 year old, and the school system does a good job informing parents of all the new stupid sh!t kids could get themselves in trouble with. Of course James thinks this is an improvement over drinking! Lisa told me to stay away from alcohol, so let's pull out all the middle school tricks on how else to get high. Next episode: James's fresh breath gives away the secret of his Listerine bender.

• Love 3

It's also a very busy looking towel. If someone sent that to me it would go into the "crap I don't need but feel bad throwing out like that Christmas card from a coworker I don't know that well with a professional picture of their kids" drawer. You know you have that drawer.

• Love 5

That scene with Stassi and her mother needs to be shown in acting classes everywhere as a scene study in how not to act. Painful, painful actings and dialogue. Now the brother, he may have a career ahead of him, although something tells me he actually cherished the idea of being able to tell Stassi off without any repercussions. 

Edited by PerPlexied
  • Love 1
23 hours ago, SimonSeymour said:

IMO, the only favors that I like from weddings (or any event) are ones that are edible.  When we got married, my mother-in-law was very insistent on us having a favor (which she wanted to pay for), and I suggested something everyone could take home and eat the next day.  She chose giant chocolate chip cookies from a small but beloved local baker and everyone seemed to love them. 

I've also gotten plants, tote bags, picture frames, and tealight holders with the couple's wedding motif etched into the tealights. 

• Love 1

My friend who is a graphic designer had the most beautiful invitations,  it was a wooden puzzle cube with gorgeous drawings of Victorian circuses, that was their theme, and you had to open it up and reconfigure it to see the wedding details, 12 years later it's still on my bookcase and always gets commented on by people who think it's just a gorgeous wooden cube! That said I use a lot of kitchen towels so if I got one of those invites it would most likely be used and stained with tomato sauce in a matter of days. 

• Love 3

You know, I was ready to be convinced by Katie's crappy-looking tea towels that keepsakes are bullshit & would NEVER be kept by ANY of the recipients.  But maybe if it is something highly unusual & exceptionally interesting or pretty, it might be something you'd wanna keep.

Katie's tea towels are just so freakin' ugly.  I wouldn't use it as a rag either.  The writing on it (the spooky/icky script gives me the creeps) is a reminder of what it is & I'd feel sorta badly using it as a rag.  Nope, that hideous thing would go right in the garbage if I received it.  So the impression Katie made for 18 bucks a throw?  Not much.  Good going, Katie.  Hopefully you wasted Bravo's dough, hun, and not your own.

• Love 1

I have an aunt who collects tea towels (from various places, it started on a trip to England) so I asked her if she would keep a tea towel invite to add to her collection. Nope because she displays different ones at various times in her kitchen (like a holiday one during that holiday) and there would be no reason to display one with someone's wedding details. So...fail. If a tea towel collector wouldn't even want it, who would?

• Love 4
On 12/27/2016 at 7:21 PM, delicatecutter said:

Stassi has always been my favorite thing about this show. She is just so outlandish and fabulous and also clever. She was made for reality TV. Unfortunately I think it went to her head and she "quit". But like a true famewhore, she came crawling back and it just hasn't worked like it did in the first couple seasons. Still love her though.

That's the thing about Stassi, though. She's no longer outlandish, fabulous or clever. All she does is cry over the break up with Patrick, cry on the bathroom floor because she's drunk or is mean as hell because she's drunk. 

• Love 6