Type keyword(s) to search

McKenzie Westmore

Portia

I get it, okay? The body. The hair. The body. But DEAR GOD, what is up with this woman's delivery? Her introduction of the judges never varies, and her vocal inflections are not only ineffective but also nonsensical. She over-stresses unimportant syllables--"owner of OPtic Nerve "....3-time OScar winner"--then slurs through names and other key bits. It's vexing.

She looks good in those dresses, though.

I love her dad's commentary & sensibility so much that I give her a lot of leeway. She also seems generally pleasant which goes a long way in competitive reality tv for me.

• Love 2

Her dad is awesome. I had my doubts when they first added him, but I am really impressed with how consistently he comes up with great suggestions for the contestants.

I think she's HOT! But I agree with other posters. Her delivery is robotic and what is with her looks this season? She is wearing too much makeup and her eyes look like keyholes with all that mascara! Ugh! I did see her on that ice sculpting show and she was so different! She was dressed casually in yoga pants, didn't have on a ton of makeup and was just very mellow and sweet. I wouldn't kick her out of my bed, that's for sure! LOL.

The thing that kills me about McKenzie is how she always says, "If you could please return to the work room, pack up your kit, and go." It's the same every time -- complete with the  "If." I think that's the weirdest way to phrase a request. "Waitress? If you could please bring me a glass of water." ...? I know she's reading a script but what IS that? 

And yes, Michael Westmore is the best thing about the show. Now when I watch old eps of DS9 and see his name in the credits I think, "aww, there he is!"

I was flipping stations and saw McKenzie on Canada's shopping channel talking about a cosmetic line she is involved with/created - Westmore Beauty. I gathered it was some pro Foundation. Don't know much else about it right now. Has it been on one of the US shopping channels?

From the episode thread:

Will Ve please take Mackenzie by the hand and wash her hair and face, and show her how to ACT NATURALLY? She has progressively looked more made up and stiff than the creature creations on the show. She's a lovely woman, but god, her styling.

I think Mackenzie has been more comfortable, looser and friendlier with every passing season. She is still pretty formal, but I do really like her and her dad.

She wore jeans and knit tees and loosely styled hair in the early seasons. It was a much better look on her, in my opinion. She looked younger and more at ease.

I've torn apart Glenn's Goth Napoleonesque look many times, so I'm not focusing on Mackenzie just because she's a woman. I'm a woman, and I'd wear pajamas all the time if I could.

• Love 1

I like Mackenzie a lot but I wish she would fire her stylist. Her makeup is harsh and ages her, and that hair color! My eyes!! She looks so much prettier, and younger, when they are outdoors somewhere and she's dressed more casually and has softer makeup.

Ok, COME ON. I lost track of this show for quite awhile but was happy to run across it tonight. Holy crap, what happened to Mackenzie? Her face is ruined! Pumped full of botox and her lips are so blown up they don't move when she talks! And the hair...that Marge Simpson beehive. Girrrrl, you ridic.

• Love 2

I've always thought that Mackenzie is a beautiful woman but she looks like she's aged 10 years since last season.  She looks much better with her hair down too.  That dated updo tonight did her no favors.  Neither did the style she sported two weeks ago.

40 minutes ago, HamSammich said:

Ok, COME ON. I lost track of this show for quite awhile but was happy to run across it tonight. Holy crap, what happened to Mackenzie? Her face is ruined! Pumped full of botox and her lips are so blown up they don't move when she talks! And the hair...that Marge Simpson beehive. Girrrrl, you ridic.

"Marge Simpson" was the exact thing I thought of when I saw her tonight. How can she possibly think that looked good?

Anyone else notice a difference in the quality of the video taping?  It looks less filtered than the regular Face Off productions.  The lighting also seems harsher.  I think some of the differences in Mackenzie's appearance may be due to the differences.  The lighting, of course, doesn't explain why a stylist chose such an unflattering hair style for Mackenzie.  

I watched for the first time in months, and couldn't believe how awful Mackenzie looked.  So gaunt and expressionless, and where has her beautiful body gone?  (I'm a straight woman, so just aesthetics there.)