Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E05: Radio Silence

Trapped within the Wild Hunt, Stiles reunited with an unexpected ally; Scott, Lydia, and Malia learn that Stiles' Jeep may be connected to his disappearance. 

Wow! I was absurdly happy to see Peter (would have preferred Derek but I doubt that will happen, final season or no). Their antics are making me smile for some reason.

And, awwww, Stiles' Jeep! I have missed it!

• Love 2

So, immediately with Stiles, the season has become 25% more enjoyable. His next appearance will raise this percentage. Plus, I may be one of the few that actually enjoy Peter a LOT and always get a kick out of his appearances, so Peter/Stiles makes this my favourite episode this season. I might be the only one as well who prefers Peter to Derek, so I don't know what this says about myself. 

I wonder, though, what Scott remembers about his turning if Peter's been erased. I guess when Stiles got erased, he remembered all the people missing? But then again, he's the only one who didn't seem to go completely catatonic, or something broke him out of it.

I did enjoy Lydia and Scott claiming Stiles' jeep. I love that we saw more of Scott/Lydia/Malia exploring the Jeep. I appreciate that Lydia's the one who is on the Stiles trail. And I love that Scott/Lydia got through to Stiles. I guess both either do remember him, or are on their way to remembering him. Either way, they got through! Stiles got through to them!

So, Peter managed to get through, back to the mortal world because he's not human, but he barely made it. For a minute, I truly thought maybe Peter would just bite Stiles and turn him, to parallel him asking back in season 1. I do love how Peter brought back Stiles' keys to the Jeep. That was nice of him. 

Also what makes this episode awesome? No Junior Pack. NO SIGN OF JUNIOR PACK! It's all the almost original cast! 

• Love 8
41 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

So, Peter managed to get through, back to the mortal world because he's not human, but he barely made it. For a minute, I truly thought maybe Peter would just bite Stiles and turn him, to parallel him asking back in season 1. I do love how Peter brought back Stiles' keys to the Jeep. That was nice of him.

I thought the same thing! That would have been a really nice callback for the final season. But luckily for Stiles, that didn't happen because he would have been burned (bad luck, Peter, haha... or not haha, did he die?).

I really enjoyed this episode, that we saw Stiles and what was going on in the limbo station, and that we got a lot of forward progress. It was nice to see Peter again (especially paired with Stiles) and I thought they explained his time off-screen pretty well. I liked that they connected it to the Eichen House breakout plan from last season. Only thing I'm not sure about is Peter having daddy feels... I didn't think there was any love lost between him and Malia. And I just have to give props: the way Tyler Posey said "Peter!" when Scott remembered that he was Peter's Beta was fantastic.

I really like that the Jeep was Claudia's... no wonder Stiles is so attached to it. I thought we'd find out his name from the car's registration but again, no dice. They even had them acting super excited about it, too, like his name was on it. Geez. I think I want his dad to say it (much to fake!Claudia's chagrin) but I have a feeling Lydia will scream it like she screamed Mason's name last season.

I like the Junior Pack (well, mostly just Liam aka Scott and Stiles' son) but I appreciated seeing the originals on their own.

• Love 3
14 minutes ago, omgsowicked said:

I thought the same thing! That would have been a really nice callback for the final season. But luckily for Stiles, that didn't happen because he would have been burned (bad luck, Peter, haha... or not haha, did he die?).

Plus, I thought that Peter wouldn't want to risk his own perma death so he'd just send Stiles through. But since Dylan O'Brien is most likely not appearing much in 6A, I guess they had to have Peter go through, but at least Stiles got through in his own way. Maybe we'll have his voice overs throughout the rest of the first half of this season. 

I'm pretty sure Peter's still alive. I mean, he's clearly injured enough where it'll take a while to heal, but he's still alive. Also, another note is that it's yet another callback to Peter's past, with the Hale fire as well as his loss of Alpha status when he was killed by Scott in the season 1 finale. A lot of nicely done callbacks, which I very much appreciate.

. Only thing I'm not sure about is Peter having daddy feels... I didn't think there was any love lost between him and Malia.

I've never been that fond of the Peter/Malia family connection so I like to pretend it doesn't exist unless it's directly referenced. So I am with you on that, and I can't buy that Peter risked his life for Malia, of all people. They never actually bonded on-screen so I never cared for them. 

I like the Junior Pack (well, mostly just Liam aka Scott and Stiles' son) but I appreciated seeing the originals on their own.

I don't usually HATE the Junior Pack, per say (I enjoy Liam, Mason, Corey, and Hayden to an extent). I've just been overloaded with them in the final season to the point where less of them is a refreshing change. I'm here for the Senior Pack (I'd call them the Original Pack if not for Malia) so I think that's why. This IS the final season, and there's only so many episodes until it's over. I want closure for the characters that have been there for more than a season. I don't really want more on new characters. 

Edited by Lady Calypso
  • Love 1

This was the best episode so far. Dylan has an amazing gift to elevate the show whenever he is on it and this episode was no exception.

I was surprised by how much I enjoyed Peter here considering his machinations last year but his character had just the right amount of humor, fear, and hardness needed to pull of the role necessary to hammer home Stiles' predicament. 

I loved all the stuff with the trio, love how they function as a pack. Loved Scott being the monkey in the middle. I so wish that there was more of sheriff Stalinski missing Stiles. They have such a special relationship and I'm disappointed that there is no urgency there because he has Claudia back. 

I'm very  interested in knowing how Stiles can be rescued? I'm assuming that the other towns on the list no longer exist. I did find myself wondering who would be left in Beacon Hills with all the people the riders are taking and that would definitely be an answer.

I'm so glad that they both seemed to remember who Stiles was once they heard his voice. 

I too did not miss any of the younger set. They just take too much time away from the main storyline and it shows every time they attempt to divide the screen time.

I don't have too hard a time believing that Peter would go that far for Malia, he has before. She's also really the only family he has left that would accept him. I think what Stiles said to him about no one coming for him really made him think.

Edited by blugirlami21
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

I'm pretty sure Peter's still alive. I mean, he's clearly injured enough where it'll take a while to heal, but he's still alive. Also, another note is that it's yet another callback to Peter's past, with the Hale fire as well as his loss of Alpha status when he was killed by Scott in the season 1 finale. A lot of nicely done callbacks, which I very much appreciate.

I've never been that fond of the Peter/Malia family connection so I like to pretend it doesn't exist unless it's directly referenced. So I am with you on that, and I can't buy that Peter risked his life for Malia, of all people. They never actually bonded on-screen so I never cared for them. 

I don't usually HATE the Junior Pack, per say (I enjoy Liam, Mason, Corey, and Hayden to an extent). I've just been overloaded with them in the final season to the point where less of them is a refreshing change. I'm here for the Senior Pack (I'd call them the Original Pack if not for Malia) so I think that's why. This IS the final season, and there's only so many episodes until it's over. I want closure for the characters that have been there for more than a season. I don't really want more on new characters. 

That's what I thought but I saw some reactions elsewhere talking about him being dead so I wasn't sure. I don't think they'd kill him off right after reintroducing the family stuff with Malia. I wonder if he'll heal and be back on his feet on an accelerated schedule, since there isn't much time, or if the rest of his contribution on the show will be from a hospital bed or nursing home. The latter would be a sad little bookend to his story.

I agree with the concerns about the Junior Pack taking away too much screentime from the Senior Pack (that's what I meant to call them but I had a brain fart, haha). I don't mind it when it comes to Liam, since he's been around since S4 so I'm more attached and feel like he's earned the screentime more than the other younger characters have. (And now that I think about it, I wish Liam was more involved in the "Find Stiles" portion of this story. Obviously Scott and co. have more history with him but Liam has some as well.) I get why they're doing things the way they are but even if they were continuing with the series, we'd still want as much time as possible with the seniors. I hope they'll find a better balance.

I am loving this season so much, and this episode with Stiles did not disappoint. I was surprisingly glad to see Peter back! I kinda missed him, I hope to see him involved in getting Stiles back, no matter what he says. I knew when they were tossing the jeep's keys around that they would make their way back somehow, and that was perfect. I wonder what Stiles figured out that made him tell Scott and Lydia to not come for him. I wonder what's up with Stiles' mum. I can't wait to find out. 

Did not miss the Junior Pack one bit. I don't mind them much, but the Senior Pack is what I'm here for.
Whatever happened to Theo? 

That was legitimately great.  

And Tyler Posey in the radio scene was probably the best he's ever been acting-wise.  He managed to get almost to full-on tears.  He's never going to be an outstanding actor, but he's come a long, long way since the first season.

• Love 6

Really enjoyed this episode.  I thought it was easily the best of the season.  It's no surprise it had Stiles and an absence of the Junior Pack.  

I have to say, Malia is a great addition to the team.  She really brings some needed levity.  I never paid much attention to her previously but I feel like she's shining in a limited role this season.

And I can't get enough of the Stydia.  Long overdue.  I'd say its worth the wait but I'd rather not have waited till Dylan O'brien was unavailable for such a large chunk of time.

• Love 3

My favorite episode of the season! Damn, I've missed Dylan O'Brien. He's so good.

And I loved finding out what happened with Peter. Didn't get to escape far! My recollection is that the Wild Hunt is supposed to keep the secret of the supernatural world—I think that's why they haven't bothered so much with the werewolf pack. So does that mean Peter was such a loose cannon he was going to blow the secret, out and about? His sanity is certainly ... variable.

Claudia being back is creeping me out. What is it that's masquerading as her? 

Whatever happened to Theo?

Theo got dragged to Hell at the end of last season by the sister he had killed in the creek when they were little.

Edited by ahisma
  • Love 2

I really liked this episode. Predictably because: Stiles. Not sure if DOB is really such a great actor (I'd tend to say yes, but admit I’m biased) or if it’s also because the writers write better scenes for him (I'd tend to say yes to that, too).

I’m not a great Peter fan, but love him when he’s snarky and unrepentant. The antagonism between him and Stiles is always fun to watch.

The pacing for this episode was much better in general as well. The juxtaposition of Stiles and Peter trying to get out and the pack trying to find him was well done and for once not slowed down by silly side stories like the kiddie pack or evil!teacher.

Personally I really like Malia and while her character sadly never reached her inherent potential (no character on the show ever does), she is amusing and well acted.

I still can’t see the Stydia but YMMV, of course. To me, HR overacts all her dramatic scenes so I can’t take her seriously and she and DOB have zero chemistry. I will never understand the fandom’s fascination with either Lydia or Stydia. But I can overlook it like I overlook other inconsistencies and plotholes. So overall it was an enjoyable episode.

• Love 2

I'm curious (morbidly, I guess) to if Dylan O'Brien scenes were all shot before or after his accident. He looked real skinny in this episode. I don't know if he really looked different or if it was me just projecting it.

I was surprised to see it was a Stiles episode(I watch it on Amazon, so there's no preview for next week). I thought we wouldn't see him until a little later in the season still. I know I shouldn't ask questions because usually you could drive a Mac Truck through Teen Wolf's plot holes, but I wonder why Stiles woke up? I wonder if its bc the gang figured out his name. 

What do you think they'll find behind the wallpaper? Stiles? Something proving Claudia is dead? A door to Stiles?

I was also really distracted by the splatter of dark paint on the ceiling of the jeep. I know it's probably not blood but every time I saw it, I tried to think if someone ever got hurt in the front seat that there would be splatter up there.

I also appreciated that we saw the sisters reunite with each other. It would have been easy for them to ignore it, but I'm glad we saw it. It made the timeline a little wonky, why it did take the Wild Hunt so long to bring them in? Teen Wolf...why must you drag me in and drive me crazy at the same time??

• Love 1

My words last week:

Good lord, you guys. I really wanted to like this one, but I was just so offended on an intellectual level by basically the whole episode, that they're going to have to work pretty hard next week to get me back on board.

My words this week:

STILES! STILES IS BACK! STIIIIIIIIIIIILES! Oh, SHOW! I'LL NEVER QUIT YOU!

Seriously! This one was AWESOME! Argh, I missed Stiles so much! Seeing him again, and getting that lovely reconnection with his friends (who DO remember him!) was just perfect. Just exactly what my soul needed. None of this "Junior Pack" nonsense, just good solid Scott-Stiles-Lydia-Malia connection. And Peter Hale. Sure, why not?

I'm not pretending that the internal logic of the Wild Hunt isn't still massively incomprehensible, but guys? I am 100% back on board. I can't wait to see what happens next. Will the other characters start to remember Stiles too? How will Sheriff Stilinski take the news that he has a son he can't remember who's trapped in another plane of existence? Now that they remember the truth, how will Claudia's presence unravel? IS IT TUESDAY YET?!

• Love 7
2 hours ago, beee said:

I still can’t see the Stydia but YMMV, of course. To me, HR overacts all her dramatic scenes so I can’t take her seriously and she and DOB have zero chemistry. I will never understand the fandom’s fascination with either Lydia or Stydia. But I can overlook it like I overlook other inconsistencies and plotholes. So overall it was an enjoyable episode.

I'm not really a fan of Stydia, although I wasn't a Stalia fan either, but I can see why people are rooting for Stydia but more important, Lydia. I love that there's more Lydia since her character, for me, has been woefully underused for the entirety of the series. Either she's a non-entity in the main drama and sometimes missing from episodes completely, or she's having her own subplots elsewhere that doesn't have much to do with the other main characters. I think the last time she got a really useful plot was season 2, when she raised Peter from the dead. We hardly know anything about banshees and just when we start learning about them and as soon as Lydia gets something to do, they automatically dropped it two episodes later and Lydia disappears into the background again until they need her for a few minutes in an episode. 

HR may not be a strong actress, but having her actually in the center of the main mystery is something that I find very important for this last season. No random love interest stories, no disappearing into the background, it's just Lydia finally being used well. I'll even take the Stydia scenes if it means we can finally learn a lot more about banshees. 

I'm actually going to rewatch the episode right now; that's how good I found it. 

10 minutes ago, SnoGirl said:

What do you think they'll find behind the wallpaper? Stiles? Something proving Claudia is dead? A door to Stiles?

Now, that's the million dollar question. I'll bet it has something more to do with the fake Claudia. I mean, someone has to be tipped off that Claudia isn't real. I know Melissa was finally on the trail last week when she looked at Claudia's hospital records, but I highly doubt they'll think she's not real at first.

11 minutes ago, SnoGirl said:

I'm curious (morbidly, I guess) to if Dylan O'Brien scenes were all shot before or after his accident. He looked real skinny in this episode. I don't know if he really looked different or if it was me just projecting it.

I believe that they were filmed before. I know that Dylan was shooting The Maze Runner around this time before the accident, as he was on that set when it happened, so they knew his presence in the first half would be minimal. They started filming in February for 6A, and his accident was in mid March. I believe he was not doing much of anything in terms of filming projects until at least August or September. But apparently, he didn't return to set for Teen Wolf until a few weeks ago, so I'm going to say his scenes were filmed back in February, when they knew he wouldn't be around much. 

• Love 1
23 minutes ago, Slovenly Muse said:

I'm not pretending that the internal logic of the Wild Hunt isn't still massively incomprehensible, but guys? I am 100% back on board. I can't wait to see what happens next. Will the other characters start to remember Stiles too? How will Sheriff Stilinski take the news that he has a son he can't remember who's trapped in another plane of existence? Now that they remember the truth, how will Claudia's presence unravel? IS IT TUESDAY YET?!

See, this is why I wish Teen Wolf was just a smidge smarter. I have all these questions too but maybe a quarter of them will get answered. Like, what's the Pack's next move? Do they convince Stilinski about Stiles so they can rip the wallpaper? Do they go to that kid's house from the first episode and see if there's something Lydia can sense. Do they meet with Denton to come up with a way to rescue Stiles? Do they meet with Argent and Melissa to come up with a rescue plan? Do the Wild Hunt level the playing field for the Supernatural? They steal the muggles and leave everyone else. Are the young pack members going to end up at the Train Station with Stiles when they try to catch a Rider?

If this was a book, I'd expect them to call Derek or have Issac or Kira to show up to help. It actually would be hilarious if Issac was in the Train Station with Stiles, it would be an easy way to fold him back into the show.

I also can't wait until Tuesday. I wish Amazon posted the show right after it aired instead of the next day.

Now, that's the million dollar question. I'll bet it has something more to do with the fake Claudia. I mean, someone has to be tipped off that Claudia isn't real. I know Melissa was finally on the trail last week when she looked at Claudia's hospital records, but I highly doubt they'll think she's not real at first.

I think it has to do with Claudia too. Why she acted so violently to Lydia when she started to peel the wallpaper. Its a bummer, because that scene made me not like Claudia as much. I really don't like that they brought her back, I feel like they're messing with the mythos of Stiles' story with Claudia up to this point. I know its not the real Claudia, and I really hope she's not the one controlling the Wild Ride. Talk about a head trip for both Stilinskis.

Edited by SnoGirl
  • Love 1

I think this is probably the best episode since season 3. Like I have no complaints about an episode of Teen Wolf. I'm probably blinded by my love for Stiles, but still. No complaints. On Teen Wolf. I don't realized how much I don't care for the newbies until they're gone.

Things I loved:

1. Lydia wore jeans. I realize this is a stupid thing to love, but really when does the girl ever wear jeans?

2. Stiles is back. OMG, STILES IS BACK! THE JEEP IS BACK! Stiles is back and has unwavering faith in his friends, just like he did when he was taken and told Lydia to remember him. Stiles is back and he's thinking and planning and not giving up. He's being the head and the heart of the group and he loves his friends and his Jeep and was nice to the old lady, and Dylan O'Brien is an amazing actor and deserves Emmys.

3. Peter is back. I'm shocked to discover I missed Peter, because I thought he was overused when they kept having him come back after season 2, but this was an appropriate use of him that played to his strengths. Snide, snarky, evil, but not the greatest evil, with some teeny, tiny kernel of decency within him that made him go to Malia and say that he would ever help Stiles at all even if it was just a "maybe." His connections were important: his daughter, his beta and how they remembered him was great. Loved seeing him and Stiles together. I feel like he's always had respect for Stiles as an opponent and his final words "Use your head" played to that. Also, he burned again, which make me half "Ha, he deserved it!" and half "Aw, look what he was willing to go through, it took him forever to heal from incineration last time and here he is doing it voluntarily."

4. Original Pack Feels. Scott playing peacemaker with Malia and Lydia, spending all their money on the Jeep, Lydia and Stiles leaning against the wall all sad and desperate, the scents and memories coming back with the Jeep, Malia breaking the hook off the car after not believing in Stiles, the final moment where the trio was reunited and I love that they left Malia out of it and made it about Scott, Stiles and Lydia - the last of the first season pack, who've saved each other so many times. Loved the repeated "Remember I love you," especially because Lydia looked at Scott so awkwardly before she said it back, like she really wished he wasn't there for that. It was a great Teen Wolf moment - beautifully acted, beautifully scored, with Scott and Lydia just clutching that lifeline to Stiles together while Scott just wants to come and get him and doesn't understand why he can't now that they've reached Stiles.

And I discovered the ghost towns they listed were real places: Canaan, California. Bannack, Montana. Pripyat, Ukraine. I love when Teen Wolf gets stuff right.

• Love 4

I'm rewatching now and I think that Ian Bohen is an underappreciated actor. I'm impressed with how much he gave in this episode. I actually found myself feeling for Peter a tiny bit. Ian Bohen sold Peter's snark and his annoyance, yet his genuine fear and pessimism throughout the episode. Watching Peter come back to reality, so to speak, when he finally remembered Eichen House and snapped out of the catatonic state was very, very well done. It's why Peter/Stiles scenes always worked for me, more than Derek/Stiles scenes. Ian's just a stronger actor. Even when they give his character ridiculous storylines, Peter just works because of Bohen. When I watch TW villains, I always question if their motives and emotions are genuine or if they're faking. For the longest time, I felt the same about Peter. But this episode? It's easy to buy that Peter was genuine in all of his emotions because Bohen made sure that it was genuine. His "push me" and his calls for Stiles got to me. There was genuine fear in Bohen's voice.

Watching the flashbacks to Peter escaping Eichen makes me wish that we got shaggy haired Peter for a little bit longer. It definitely made him look at least five years younger.

Now I'm actually looking forward to more Peter once he starts healing. 

Yep, this is my favourite episode as well in three seasons. It's definitely in my top five of the entire series. There are so many excellent moments from all of the characters. Each character found a way to shine. 

• Love 5

1. Lydia wore jeans. I realize this is a stupid thing to love, but really when does the girl ever wear jeans

Co-sign all 4 of your points, but on the shallow end, this stood out! HR has a gorgeous figure and finally showed it. She's usually in high-waisted or boxy outfits that completely hide her. If that is rich girl high fashion, keep it. The jeans were the most flattering thing I've seen her in. 

Also, fantastic research on the ghost towns! 

See, that is how you Teen Wolf, Teen Wolf. It's been a while. If we'd had six seasons of this, it would be can't-miss TV. They actually had long scenes that were allowed to play out rather than that awful choppy, confusing editing they do now. The soundtrack wasn't over the top, I didn't even notice if there were any dumb hashtags, and they've stopped dressing and filming Lydia like they're perpetually trying to up-skirt her.

14 hours ago, ahisma said:

And I loved finding out what happened with Peter. Didn't get to escape far! My recollection is that the Wild Hunt is supposed to keep the secret of the supernatural world—I think that's why they haven't bothered so much with the werewolf pack. So does that mean Peter was such a loose cannon he was going to blow the secret, out and about?

Interesting theory. This would mean the Hunt is targetting those who aren't supernatural but who know. That would explain why all the kids at the party were targetted once the Hunt was made visible and why Chris could see them. Peter might have been a target because he was considered a threat to the secret.

3. Peter is back. I'm shocked to discover I missed Peter, because I thought he was overused when they kept having him come back after season 2, but this was an appropriate use of him that played to his strengths. Snide, snarky, evil, but not the greatest evil, with some teeny, tiny kernel of decency within him that made him go to Malia and say that he would ever help Stiles at all even if it was just a "maybe." His connections were important: his daughter, his beta and how they remembered him was great. Loved seeing him and Stiles together. I feel like he's always had respect for Stiles as an opponent and his final words "Use your head" played to that. Also, he burned again, which make me half "Ha, he deserved it!" and half "Aw, look what he was willing to go through, it took him forever to heal from incineration last time and here he is doing it voluntarily."

Peter was shockingly overused even during Season 2. They were keeping him around for the DEMON WOLF moment when Scott defeated him with decency or acceptance or something (man that season was terrible) but to make that plotline play out he had to lurk around making tone deaf comments for years.

Re Scott: the funny thing about memory is that unless we're not challenged, we'll let our brains fill in the blanks to make a recollection work. So if somebody had asked Scott who turned him, he probably would have realised he'd forgotten something. But since nobody did, he never did and so none of us knew Peter had been taken. Which I loved.

4. Original Pack Feels. Scott playing peacemaker with Malia and Lydia, spending all their money on the Jeep, Lydia and Stiles leaning against the wall all sad and desperate, the scents and memories coming back with the Jeep, Malia breaking the hook off the car after not believing in Stiles, the final moment where the trio was reunited and I love that they left Malia out of it and made it about Scott, Stiles and Lydia - the last of the first season pack, who've saved each other so many times. Loved the repeated "Remember I love you," especially because Lydia looked at Scott so awkwardly before she said it back, like she really wished he wasn't there for that. It was a great Teen Wolf moment - beautifully acted, beautifully scored, with Scott and Lydia just clutching that lifeline to Stiles together while Scott just wants to come and get him and doesn't understand why he can't now that they've reached Stiles.

Noobs who? I did not miss them in this episode at all but was very amused when Scott and Malia ran out to see what the sound was in the Jeep and none of the other Noobs joined them. So apparently this was a loud sound only Original Recipe Teen Wolfs can hear.

Claudia being back is creeping me out. What is it that's masquerading as her? 

Some kind of gatekeeper, I think. The scene with Lydia and Stiles back to back implied there is an entrance to the way station in the house.

3 hours ago, SnoGirl said:

If this was a book, I'd expect them to call Derek or have Issac or Kira to show up to help. It actually would be hilarious if Issac was in the Train Station with Stiles, it would be an easy way to fold him back into the show.

I always like Derek and I quite liked Isaac too. I'd like to see them back for the finale. I find it difficult to believe Derek wasn't called in last season but I guess that's what happens when you're working with TV.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

I'm not really a fan of Stydia, although I wasn't a Stalia fan either, but I can see why people are rooting for Stydia but more important, Lydia. I love that there's more Lydia since her character, for me, has been woefully underused for the entirety of the series. Either she's a non-entity in the main drama and sometimes missing from episodes completely, or she's having her own subplots elsewhere that doesn't have much to do with the other main characters. I think the last time she got a really useful plot was season 2, when she raised Peter from the dead. We hardly know anything about banshees and just when we start learning about them and as soon as Lydia gets something to do, they automatically dropped it two episodes later and Lydia disappears into the background again until they need her for a few minutes in an episode. 

This is exactly my point. Lydia had so much potential, as the smart girl playing high school at it's own game in the beginning, then as a banshee. But this is where Teen Wolf fails every time. There's no development and no world building. It's all about "wouldn't it be cool?" or worse: "wouldn't it look cool?" with no rhyme or reason behind it. Lydia has been a plot device since S1, nothing more. We need to get from A to B but have no idea how to get there? Let Lydia sense it somehow. No need to build a mythology around this banshee stuff as long as Lydia's skirts are short enough (yes, I am also shallow enough to appreciate Lydia's jeans). I find no substance in the character to relate to. In fact I'm pretty convinced that if the show hadn't lost so many characters from the first season, she would have disappeared without fanfare like Kira or Derek by now. They just couldn't afford to lose anyone else. The writers seem to have simply no idea what to do with her nor any interest in her, palming her off with boring love stories (which unfortunately includes Stydia for me). Together with the (IMO) sub-par acting, that leaves nothing for me to like or be curious about.

• Love 2

Of course Stiles and no puppy pack make the episode 10x better. I even liked Peter. Although I don't know where his suddenly caring about Malia came from. 

Speaking of her, I continue to love how practical she is. Lydia and Scott were going to keep paying the tow truck guy or fight him I guess and Malia just walks up and breaks his cable so he can't tow the jeep. 

I don't really care about Stydia. 

• Love 2

I wouldn't say a stiles and lydia relationship came out of nowhere.  I would never argue the chemistry thing as that is subjective.  But, while the relationship has been on the back burner at various times it has also been there throughout the series.  Whether it was the tether thing or the early season Stiles pining or last seasons life saving.  The show has always touched back to that relationship even if infrequently.

Edited by MV007
  • Love 3
9 minutes ago, MV007 said:

I wouldn't say a stiles and lydia relationship came out of nowhere.  I would never argue the chemistry thing as that is subjective.  But, while the relationship has been on the back burner at various times it has also been there throughout the series.

That could also be their close friendship building stronger throughout the series. This whole puppy-eyed love lust thing totally came out of nowhere and does reek of fanservice.

• Love 2

I don't like Stydia but I don't really agree that it came out of nowhere.  Reeks of fanservice, yes it does.  We've all known that Stiles has "loved" Lydia for years.  He grew to appreciate her and actually get to know her.  It's fuzzier with Lydia but there have been moments where we get glimpses that she's actually seeing Stiles for the first time every.  I know that there are people who like Stalia but I can't stand that ship either because they were put together simply to put Shelley Henning with the most popular character.  I think she and DOB have even less chemistry than Holland and Dylan and it was a disaster from the very beginning.  If ships are a must (and it's TW so obviously it is), then I would have put Malia with Scott and Kira with Stiles.  That would have made more sense.  But Stalia was always just Stiles trying to actually like another girl (not saying he didn't care for Malia but they're teenagers).  I do think it's too soon for Lydia to say the L word but they don't have a lot of time.  Gotta expedite things, since they spent so much time on nonsense in the other seasons.

Dylan hasn't been filming TW for weeks.  All the scenes thus far have been from before the injury.  He actually just got back from Thailand filming American Assassin on Saturday or Sunday (he was photographed at LAX).   Apparently, he just set foot on the set yesterday (some fans got pictures--still not real good clarification if the pics were from this week or earlier).   I don't believe the show has him for very long.  I think he'll film 610 and maybe some scenes for the series finale but all signs are saying nope to 6B.  He simply doesn't have time.

Ok, talking about the episode.  I'm super biased, I admit it, but I thought it was the best ep of the season since 601 and it's because of Dylan.  I don't know how or why, but he just seems to elevate the episodes that he's in.  I also loved that it was Original Recipe Pack (minus Malia) and no Junior Mints in sight.  I actually like Liam and tolerate Mason but the other two can go away.  I haven't always been a fan of Peter but he's always been interesting.  Good episode.

Edited by onyxrose81
  • Love 2

This was the best episode of the season for me, mostly because none of the newbies made an appearance and it focused mostly on the originals that I actually care about. I need them to keep this up. Its also super refreshing to see Lydia in scenes with Scott and Malia, exploring their friendships and not having her attached to some character's rear I don't care about. The last scenes in the jeep hit me in the feels. The only originals left. Nice. 

It was also nice to see to have Stiles back on screen. I did enjoy the episodes he wasn't in, lawd knows enough of the female characters have be MIA over the years. Though I'm sure the loss will be felt more as episodes go on with it being the last season and Liam and company get even more airtime. 

I like Stiles and Lydia and thought almost every season left little seeds for them possibly happening and growing their friendship. I don't think its out of the blue, and think its probably got just as solid a foundation as any other couple on the show. I'm enjoying it so far but it could always go south. 

I think there is a three week break before the show comes back., everyone goes on winter hiatus these days. 

Edited by Grumpymonkey
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, Tony said:

That could also be their close friendship building stronger throughout the series. This whole puppy-eyed love lust thing totally came out of nowhere and does reek of fanservice.

Mileage varies of course but I haven't seen any 'puppy-eyed lust thing' in this season. If anything, that was in Season 1 when Stiles was lusting after her. Now I feel the show could go either way with it. After all, of course Lydia and Stiles love each other. So do Scott and Stiles, and Scott and Lydia, and Malia and Scott and... you get my point. Lydia and Stiles have always had a special friendship, coloured as it is by the fact that Stiles used to have a thing for her and that Lydia has always relied on Stiles to support and believe her. You could either see what's happening as the culmination of that in terms of a friendship or as an acknowledgement that they both want more than friendship now.

But mileage varies. As always.

• Love 1

Checked back in just for this episode because Stiles is back. It was okay. If this is much better than the other episodes of the season, I can just imagine the quality for those. 

Dylan always has a nice presence about him that lifts the material. Imagine how dull it would be if it's Scott trapped there. 

I prefer Stiles and Malia to Stiles and Lydia, but it's nice to see (a) a male character not bitch about being "friendzoned" and (b) coming out of the "friend zone" by caring for and respecting the woman.  Lydia sees that and also sees a lot of friendzone-whiners, so she appreciates (if not loves) Stiles more.

Agree that this season is one of, if not the, best, and that this was one of the all-time greats for TW.

• Love 1