Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Primetimer

Watch Stephen Colbert And Norah Jones Début 'Christmas Is Now,' A Holiday Song More Annoying Than 'Wonderful Christmastime'

Recommended Posts

Here's the deal:  In America there are all sorts of issues which we can disagree.  Politics. Gun control. Reproductive rights. Same sex marriage. Welfare reform. The proper minimum wage amount.

What we cannot disagree on is the worst Christmas song of all time.  That is "Christmas Shoes."  I'm not sure why these magazines are blathering about "Wonderful Christmastime."

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, ChlcGirl said:

Here's the deal:  In America there are all sorts of issues which we can disagree.  Politics. Gun control. Reproductive rights. Same sex marriage. Welfare reform. The proper minimum wage amount.

What we cannot disagree on is the worst Christmas song of all time.  That is "Christmas Shoes."  I'm not sure why these magazines are blathering about "Wonderful Christmastime."

"Christmas Shoes" is fucking terrible FOR SURE. But it is nowhere near as ubiquitous as "Wonderful Christmastime."

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Here's the deal:  In America there are all sorts of issues which we can disagree.  Politics. Gun control. Reproductive rights. Same sex marriage. Welfare reform. The proper minimum wage amount.

What we cannot disagree on is the worst Christmas song of all time.  That is "Christmas Shoes."  I'm not sure why these magazines are blathering about "Wonderful Christmastime."

I feel like it's possible to avoid "Christmas Shoes" but not "Wonderful Christmastime."

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Sweet Jesus I want to live where you live.

I live in an area of the country that is not near a major urban area.  I hear "Christmas Shoes" at least 6 times a day, every day between Thanksgiving and Christmas.  The number goes up if I wander into any shopping area.  Even if I hear "Wonderful Christmastime" an equal number of times, only one of these songs makes me want to garrote myself.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

Draw conclusions as you will about my state of hermit-ness, but I've never heard Christmas Shoes. I kind of want to look it up but you've all made me afraid.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, lordonia said:

I kind of want to look it up but you've all made me afraid.

THIS is the appropriate response. Put your hands over your ears and hum "Last Christmas" by Wham! until you lose consciousness. You'll be all right.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
On 12/14/2016 at 4:05 PM, lordonia said:

Draw conclusions as you will about my state of hermit-ness, but I've never heard Christmas Shoes. I kind of want to look it up but you've all made me afraid.

You are fortunate!  I understand the possible lure of "Christmas Shoes" and if you've managed to avoid it, I say go for it.  It will be a one time novelty for you.  Not the hell on earth it is for the rest of us :)

Just be sure to really listen to the lyrics.  And be sure to report your experience to us!

Share this post


Link to post
On 12/14/2016 at 4:05 PM, lordonia said:

Draw conclusions as you will about my state of hermit-ness, but I've never heard Christmas Shoes. I kind of want to look it up but you've all made me afraid.

They made a Hallmark special out of it. Starring Rob Lowe. I think at the old TWoP site they did an intensely detailed recap.

Share this post


Link to post
×