Type keyword(s) to search

Somebody's Going to Emergency, Somebody's Going to Jail: BiP Spoilers

• Start Topic

Reality Steve has some spoilery info. (Warning, that link also has spoilers about Andi's Bachelorette season)  I'll summarize:

Steve claims they have asked anyone and everyone from former casts to do the show, so, as he poetically puts it, "if you HAVEN’T been approached about it, they really don’t give a sh** about you."  Therefore, he warns that the many reports of "so and so" being "approached" about the show don't necessarily mean anything.  They may or may not agree or end up being used.

He says that even the contestants aren't being told what they will be asked to do on the show, so they are just as in the dark as the public is at the moment, as the producers have not released any info about what the contestants will be "doing" (you know, other than hooking up in hot tubs) or how the show will work.  Apparently all the producers have let slip is that there will not be "challenges" or a "cash prize" (a la Bachelor Pad).

As for the people who are cast or about to be cast, here's what Steve says:

Definites, according to him: Courtney Robertson, Chris Bukowski, AshLee Frazier. He also seems fairly certain about Jef Holm, Michelle (I assume Money), and Sara Herron.

Other possibles he's hearing bandied about: Kalon and Kelly

He claims that Ari is definitely out, which surprises me.  I normally would expect him to take any opportunity for famewhoring.

• Love 1

He claims that Ari is definitely out, which surprises me.  I normally would expect him to take any opportunity for famewhoring.

Actually, I'm not surprised. RS said that Arie was originally approached for being The Bachelor after Emily's season, but that he turned it down and hence the gig went to Sean. Being a lead on The Bachelor is arguably a much more attractive prospect than being an also-ran on Paradise Island, so I can see why he wasn't interested in doing the latter, either.

Didn't Ari also break his collarbone in a race recently? He might be restricted in his movements for a while (I don't know, I've never broken a bone). And as Chocolatine points out, if he turned down the lead gig, he's probably not inclined to do the lesser gigs, either.

Arie's racing TORC full time this season and it was announced in January.  He's in the middle of a busy racing season until August.   Steve ought to have googled. 

Courtney's got a book to hawk, so I imagine she's guaranteed to appear.  Bukowski probably did that stupid stunt with Andi in order to be cast on BIP.  I bet they'd have cast him regardless.  Jef Holm doesnt seem to have a job so he's probably got plenty of time to do it.

Yes.  But Reality Steve is saying on Twitter (and has hinted in his column as well) that the cast is actually much larger (at least 10 more people, he says) including some who will only appear briefly?  Or something?  No one seems to know for sure how the show is going to work. 

RS previously announced that Chris Bukowski is def on the show, and his name was not on the list.  So we'll see.  I'm inclined to think there must be others that haven't been announced because that's a seriously boring list of people.  At least 2 of those women I have no memory of whatsoever.

And three men from Andi's season will be on.  Now I'm going to have fun trying to figure out which three it would be (does anyone else think Eric might have been one of them if he were still alive?).

According to today's Reality Steve column, the following people will also be appearing "at some point" on this show:

Chris Bukowski
Kalon McMahon
Zack Kalter
Jesse Kovacs
Michelle Money
Lucy Aragon
Danielle Ronco
Amy Long
Christy Hansen
Tierra LiCausi
Shannon Gibbons

He says he also hears rumors about Brooks and Jef.  He reiterates that he (and no one else) knows how this show is going to operate, or if some of these people will only be on briefly.  But he speculates it may be a Temptation Island/Love in the Wild sort of thing, which is why they would bring in so many people, so contestants have choices about who to hook up with.  Lovely.

I'm personally happy to see this extra list, cause that first one was super boring, and if I have to watch this show I'd like to be entertained.

• Love 1

Such random folks on this but I guess Fleiss went for Quanity not quality.  And since the theme of the show seems to be "hooking up" those that are in committed relationships ended up not participating this time around.

The second season of "Love in the Wild" resulted in three serious couples--one already married--so who knows, maybe if Fleiss incorporates some of "dating" principles from that show some long term couples will form from this mess.   Nah, who am I kidding!?!  BIP has trainwreck written all over it!

Nah, who am I kidding!?! BIP has trainwreck written all over it!

And that's why I'm there with bells on!

I'm really glad to read the extra guest list. I think that will add necessary drama.Yea! And I typed lust instead of list at first. I think I could've left it & it still would've been appropriate.

There were a few I had to Google from the prelim list (Zack, Danielle, Amy, Christy), but I still have no idea who Shannon Gibbons is. No picture comes up in a Google search. 

If Tierra is there, you bet yer bottom dollar I'll be there. But she's not on the "final" list.  I guess Michelle K is ok with everyone thinking she's off her rocker crazy, as long as she gets to be on TV once a year.

Not looking forward to Sarah's vocal fry.

(edited)

Well, I think you might be right. I decided to just Google 'Shannon Bachelor' and Shannon Gibbons Twitter popped up.  It said she was on Bachelor Season 13 and I'm not good at the season numbers, just tell me whose season it is. Googled that and I think that is Jason's season.

Diggin' deep and scraping the bottom Fleiss!

ETA: I think it wasn't easy to find because her last name while on the show was Bair.

Edited by ShaNaeNae
(edited)

Yup, that's the same Shannon. She was good 'n' nuts, but if an early elimination contestant from five years ago is on BiP, they must have asked everyone in Bachelor Nation.

Edited by Bugs Meany

According to Reality Steve, they did ask just about anyone and everyone.  Which I guess means some of them are finally learning their lessons about not agreeing to be made a fool of on national TV?  Or they had vacation plans.  The latter is more likely.

• Love 1

To borrow from Deion Sanders, it must be the (lack of) money.  If former contestants want to hook up, they can do it at one of these reunions we're always hearing about.  They don't need a show to get some.

Reality Steve has a little more info about BiP on his site today.  To summarize:

The 13 names released last week are the "main" cast of the show. But as those people are eliminated, the others will be brought in.   He claims that the people who will be "brought on" at a later date are either holed up in a hotel in Mexico, or at home in the US still.  Their arrivals will be staggered.  He implies that this is a tactic to throw people off the scent and avoid spoilers.  This also means we can't make too much out of people who are "on the show" still tweeting from home.

He's also added Michael Tenerelli to the cast list.  Like an idiot Michael posted a pic on Instagram with a caption that gave it away.  Of course, it was deleted shortly thereafter.

Finally,

Marcus Grodd

, from this season of the Bachelorette, was apparently set to appear on BiP but has backed out.  Steve says it's because he THINKS he's going to be the next Bachelor (apparently he's been telling people this), but Steve is pretty sure it's going to be

Chris

• Love 1

Yeah, maybe.  But if RS is correct, he says that every season they talk to 2-3 guys about being the Bachelor, build it all up like it's going to be them, and then of course only choose one.  So it's possible they've been leading him to believe it would be him.  I'm guessing when he found out it wasn't going to be him he was mad and refused to do BiP.  That's just my speculation, but it would make sense.

• Love 1

Good news to all who have become fans of Marquel.  Well, I mean I guess it's good news, depending on how you look at it.

RS tweeted today that Marquel, Marcus and Dylan are the three guys from Andi's season who will be on Bachelor in Paradise.  He apparently had conflicting info about Marcus which originally led him to believe that he wouldn't be on (or so he claims). 

After Marquel was eliminated from the Bachelorette tonight RS also tweeted:

Marquel is doing juuuuuust fine on "Bachelor in Paradise." I'm sure he ain't too heartbroken

So do with that what you will.  I'm torn because I'll be glad to see Marquel again, but wish it was in a better context than this sure-to-be-skanky show.

• Love 2

RS just dumped a boat-load of spoilers about this show, including breaking down some of what happens in the 1 minute trailer that ABC aired Monday.  You can read the whole thing in the most recent post on his site (can't get the link button to work right now), but I'll just drop some highlights:

Marcus is definitely on the show; Steve thought he wouldn't be since he was running around claiming to be the next bachelor, but he got the timeline wrong which means Marcus could be BOTH bragging about being the bachelor AND also be on BiP.

In addition to the 13 cast members listed by People (including Marquel, Dylan and Marcus), the following have also come on the show at some later point: Michelle Money, Chris Bukowski, Zack Kalter, Danielle Ronco.

Direct quote: "Mikey Tenerelli was flown out to Mexico, put up in a hotel for a week, but never made it into the house, so he was sent back home. Amy Long decided against doing the show at the last minute, so she’s not on either. I also hear Tierra will not be part of the show. Cody is currently in a Mexican hotel waiting to be moved into the house. Whether he makes it in or suffers the fate of Mikey Tenerelli is a different story. We’ll see. Lucy Aragon and Christy Hansen are scheduled to be appearing as well."

"Couples" so far on the show:

-There’s a love triangle that happened between Dylan, Chris Bukowski, and Elise.
-There’s a love triangle happening between Marcus, Robert Graham, and Lacy.
-Marquel and Michelle Money (!!!?>!>!!>>!!!???????)
-Graham and AshLee Frazier

But, the biggest storyline, or most dramatic, involves Michelle Kujawa (who?).  She is the one seen in the promo slamming the door in Chris's face.  It seems she was caught in flagrante with a sound guy from the show.  Steve swears he's not making it up when he says the sound guy bolted, jumped off the balcony and broke both legs (or feet, he's not clear).  YIKES!!  So that part of the promo is Chris going to confront her about it.  She was asked to leave the show.  The promo is edited to make it look like it was Michelle Money behind the door, but it was Kujawa.

He also has more intricate details about how the show will work if you're interested.  It sounds like they're making it up as they go along.

Sigh.  Marquel, Marquel!  Just when you were the toast of the internet you have to go and hook up with THE CRAZY!!  That's not going to raise you in people's estimation.

• Love 1
(edited)
Marquel and Michelle Money (!!!?>!>!!>>!!!???????)
Sigh.  Marquel, Marquel!  Just when you were the toast of the internet you have to go and hook up with THE CRAZY!!  That's not going to raise you in people's estimation.

Although I want Marquel to find love, he can do a LOT better than Michelle Money! Say it ain't so!
However, I do hope the sound guy jumping from the balcony is true! Not that I want some poor guy to suffer with two broken legs, but that would make for some awesome TV!! You're right though, that it looked like a different girl and Michelle Money were both in that door clip. I did recognize the other girl, but I can't recall which season she was from. I think she might have been one of those girls who had a drunken meltdown--which seems to happen once a season--but I can't be certain about that, either. Edited by JenE4

I'd forgotten her too, but apparently she's the girl from Jake's season who begged him to kiss her and then did so very awkwardly.

http://www.realitytea.com/2010/01/21/the-bachelor%E2%80%99s-michelle-kujawa-talks-awkward-kiss-with-jake/

Yes! That's her! From the article:

Every season of The Bachelor has a resident “crazy” person. You know that desperate woman who feels she is the one for whomever the Bachelor is, and feels she is entitled to his time and affection.

I didn't recall the circumstances or who she was with, but I knew she was someone who came off as the crazy one of the season!

(edited)

I can't help it, I love it! Bring it all on: the crazy, the sleaze, the true trash tv. Wheeeee!

I'm looking forward to the idiocy Chris Bukowski will bring. I knew when he showed up at Andi's intro night that he was pre-stirring for TPTB. Michelle Money with or without Marquel should add drama & I'm anticipating it with glee.

I am sad to know Mikey T. isn't going to make the show. I think he could've been all kinds of fun. I world have been even more excited to have him show up with his Chicago buddy James. Girls with money on a boat for the win!

Edited by ramble
I'm looking forward to the idiocy Chris Bukowski will bring. I knew when he showed up at Andi's intro night that he was pre-stirring for TPTB

My guess is that showing up and being made to look foolish was the price demanded from the producers for a spot on BiP.  Either way, it certainly wasn't a coincidence.

• Love 1

Oh Michelle K. I read a little on RS, but there's so much to get through on his site to just find out the basics, sometimes I don't have the patience. So I appreciate you Rhondinella posting it here.

I would have thought there'd be a good mutual grieving love triangle going on between Dylan, AshLee and Claire.  Shocked Claire doesn't have one going on with anyone considering how fast she gave it up for Juan Pablo.

I still have no idea who Robert Graham is, but he was already following Lacy on Twitter.

I guess Elise isn't a teacher anymore? She was the moral police for Cameeeela on JP's season. Nice to see that stayed with her.  Now that I think about it, she could have made the grieving triangle a grieving quad. Her mothers dying last wish was for her to go on The Bachelor. 

Okay, here's something I picked up from another site:

Marquel was pulled from BIP on Wednesday. Speculation is that since TPTB were swarmed with comments asking that he be the next Bach, they may be considering it.

Apparently those are publicly visible comments, not the CH "millions of fans wrote in to ask that we have [bland person] be the next Bachelor" comments that I don't believe exist in case you couldn't tell.

I hope this is true, though it's speculation. If he's not the next Bach, I'll be po'd that he was pulled from BIP so quickly.

• Love 2

That's promising.  It's definitely not a scheduling thing (TB films in the fall).  If TPTB indeed exfiltrated him, as opposed to his being sent home however the show does it (I still don't get it), it must have been to keep him from embarrassing himself.  Like hustling an aspiring governor out of a rowdy bachelor party before he does something untoward.

• Love 4

Oh I hope this is true!  And I hope it's a result of the great reception he's received on the internet.

Just curious, @Bella , where did you get that?  Cause Reality Steve's column today is reporting that Marquel is "off" Bachelor in Paradise now, but gives no further details.  Makes it sound as if he was just eliminated, but doesn't say that specifically.  I've actually tweeted RS to ask if he knows anything else.

Other details from RS's column:

Chris Bukowski and Elise are gone. Moving in have been Kalon, Christy Hansen, and I believe Lucy. How do I know Chris and Elise are gone? Well, they made sure Splash News photo ops were waiting for them at O’Hare airport when they arrived home.

Also, Marquel and Danielle are both off the show. Moving in have been Kalon, Christy Hansen, and I think Lucy. Yesterday, a date took place down in Tulum between Cody (who I told you was waiting to get on), and a mystery girl.

He has a fuzzy picture of this date and he thinks the girl is actually Jackie Parr from Sean's season.

Finally, RS on Elise and Chris B being "together" (at least publicly):

Good luck Elise. Because if you’re looking to really settle down and find a man to be with from this franchise, Chris Bukowski is definitely the one you want. He’ll like you for AT LEAST two weeks. Maybe three. If you’re lucky, maybe you can be the flavor of the month before you’re yesterday’s news and he moves on to the next batch of girls come September when the “Bachelor” rolls around.

Exactly.

• Love 1

Hasn't production already ended on Bachelor in Paradise?  If it has, then the reception of Marquel on the Internet and the call for him to be made the next Bachelor would be irrelevant, as there would have been no way to predict his popularity during Andi's season when it hadn't even aired yet at the time that BIP was in production.

Ok, just got a response to my tweet to Reality Steve re: Marquel.  Here's the original question:

Rumors on @PreviouslyTV that producers "pulled" Marquel from BiP yesterday possibly b/c of positive internet chatter.  True?

RS's response:

Zero truth to that

Not sure if by that he means "zero truth to the theory about why he was pulled" or "zero truth to him being pulled rather than being eliminated naturally."  Take it FWIW.  I've sent him another tweet asking about the rumor of Marquel being Bachelor.  I'm pretty certainly he's going to say no, that his original pick

Chris

is still a lock, but we'll see.

Rhondinella! I logged in to say that you are awesome for all these tips! Plus, I hate Reality Steve and won't go to his site (which once gave me a virus), but I love to read his spoilers! Thanks for all of these!

I hope Marquel is eliminated from this show before he embarrasses himself (it's already too late for some of them--we've seen the commercials.) I'd love to see him as TB (but, please, with better shirts). It sounds like a summer program--are they airing it soon after it finishes shooting?

are they airing it soon after it finishes shooting

Yes.  It's set to begin airing August 4, after the Bachelorette is finished.

What's this I read about Chris B having an injury from the BiP set?

Huh.  Interesting.