Type keyword(s) to search

Watch Full Frontal's Ashley Nicole Black Get A Crash Course In Cybersecurity In Ms. Robot

• Start Topic

I have to admit, I'm just not smart enough to have a unique password for every single website that requires one and remember them all without writing it down (which defeats the purpose).  I do have four 'main' passwords I tend to use 90% of the time, and then variations on one of those when a site requires some extra 'special' character.  I do have some 'hints' to which password goes with which site written down.  I suppose its possible someone could figure out my code, but its exhausting trying to make it even harder for myself.

• Love 1

I have a single spaced, two-columned, double-sided list of the passwords to every fucking site on the internet (or so it seems). I'd have to develop an algorithm to have them all different and all random. I get why people give that advice, but fuck them. And also too, fuck the sites that make you change your password every two months. Howsabout you build better firewalls, genius?

Bitter about my inconvenience? Perish the thought!

Edited by attica
rant
  • Love 3

I use an app called 1Password. It can suggest unique (gibberish) passwords when you register for a new site, or just save ones you can remember; it also saves all your passwords and, with a browser extension, will fill them in for you whenever you log in: you just need to remember one MASTER password to use the app. You can also get it for your phone and it will sync. I would never be able to remember a million unique passwords either, but I do HAVE them all thanks to 1Password, so I really recommend it! (...not a sponsored post!)

• Love 1