Type keyword(s) to search

Bachelor in Paradise in the Media

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, Artsda said:

Even if she thinks they'll never release the tape, there's still a lot of people that were there that could speak out. Jasmine's   just 1 person who already is speaking out and Jasmine is her friend to boot.

Also, there was a Facebook post from Raven (which she's since deleted) that either radar online (or one of those similar websites) wrote an article about where she confirms Jasmine's account of the incident and goes on to say that Corinne was very coherent that day. Evan Bass (who's marrying Carly today - they met on BIP last summer) also wrote an opinion piece where he said that everyone he has talked to that had witnessed the incident totally and completely disagrees with Corinne's versions of events. 

• Love 5
51 minutes ago, MsPH said:

Is it from her though? It says it's from "sources involved in Corinne's representation" whoever that means. I really hate how the media tries to mislead people with the headlines. If it didn't come from her mouth then don't put her name in front of it like it did. In any case it says she didn't object to the sexual contact, so why is she getting blamed for DeMario getting dragged? She's not actually accusing him of anything so far from what I've seen, so I don't see the point in vilifying her in order to de-vilify him. Maybe they're both just victims of their own drinking and the shows exploitative nature? If she really doesn't remember and is trying to piece together the events based on all the various stories while in the middle of a media sh*tstorm, she has every right to feel like it's a nightmare. I think she's a spoiled brat too, but I also don't think she's a heartless liar who's trying to falsely accuse someone of assault for the sake of her boyfriend. She may act like a wild child who doesn't give AF what people think, but I think it's just a front. I think she's pretty sensitive and insecure when you remove the alcohol. I mean we saw her crying in the bathroom during Nick's season when she thought she'd ruined things with the whipped cream or by going to his room. She may lead with her sexuality, but she clearly has feelings like any other human. I don't think it's that unbelievable that she really might be struggling with all this even if she doesn't think she was assaulted.

So now I'm going post and get vilified for it, but here is my honest opinion.

1)  Many of us are actually vilifying the so-called producer(s) who reported this.  They did NOT witness anything as they were not there per all the statements; they did not even view the camera footage before making their "complaints".  

This seems to me like they were conspiring with their friend, Corrine, to try to do damage control after the fact to save face (and hopefully the 2nd reality show she was hoping for) with Corrine's boyfriend, probably her parents, and the general public. 

2)  Corrine's insecurity and/or crying during filming of Nick's season are irrelevant to this situation IMO.  And one/both could have been completely scripted for Nick's season. 

3)  Personally, I think it is very convenient for Corrine to say she doesn't remember anything.  This bothers me.

4) Corrine was by all accounts the clear aggressor.  I'm sorry, but I believe that girls who are the aggressor and then cry rape or assault afterwards are heinous.  This really does hurt all the women out there who are TRULY being sexually assaulted/raped!

5) Again, personally, the fact that all the potential drunks on this show sign a contract (presumably while they are sober) that states that the show is not responsible for any sexual acts, std's, etc., does not make the show a villain to me. 

In fact, it's the opposite.  These people go into filming KNOWING what is expected of them and that they have signed a contract AGREEING to potentially risk these things for money and the chance to be infamous.  

Corrine is not some teen who doesn't have experience in the world, as much as she likes to act like she is an oversexed child.  She is an adult of 25 (I think) who's father is very wealthy and a successful businessman.  You cannot convince me that her daddy did not have his attorney pour over that contract before his little darling signed it.  

She knew what she was in for.  She knew the role she was signed to play.  She cannot now blame everyone else because she got too drunk and put her pussy in someone's face. 

6) For me, I do feel like the performers should not be over-served, however, they sign up for this and agree to it.  By at least one account, Corrine was very unhappy the next day when they wouldn't let her drink.

7) I'd say Corrine was all in and then got burned.  Badly burned and I actually feel do feel sorry for her and wish this hadn't happened.  But it did happen.  And she has no one to blame but herself.  

8) And poor Demario, by virtue of his being an ass and idiot on the Bachelorette got set up for disaster and he has suffered the worst out of this entire thing.  Yet he has been handling it much better than I would have imagined and to me, he has the ring of truth.  

9)  If the video is released and/or viewed by some impartial person(s) and it does show Corrine incapacitated and assaulted, they I hope she gets justice.  

• Love 24

My impression of Corinne on Nick's season was that she is very manipulative. She seemed very proud of her "platinum v-jay" and of taking her top off in the pool, and of straddling Nick until he stopped it and then visiting his hotel room ostensibly to get him to have sex with her (and, imo, "win" the competition)  and was mad when he turned her down.

This kind of woman is so untrustworthy and so self-protective when called out. I question that she was really "that drunk". I -do- believe that she talked with her bff, the producer, and they realized how badly the incident would reflect on her back home, including her relationship with her boyfriend and went in to "protective mode". (I'm amazed how girls like this manage to create such loyalty from a friend she just made as her producer on Nick's season. The bff really put her career on the line for Corinne--which would be one thing if you really felt someone was assaulted or abused, but another if you're just trying to save her reputation.)

My assessment of Corinne--plus the self-serving "I don't remember anything but am willing to apply it was all DiMARIO'S fault"--is that she's looking out for her reputation, and doesn't believe she's the victim of a crime at all.   At the moment, my instincts tell me DiMario is the one being unfairly slandered, particularly as no criminal charges have been fired. Hopefully we'll know more when the investigation confludes next week.

• Love 12

There is one account that Corrine was "limp"  and possibly not completely conscious.  IF that was the case, then yeah, Demario is 100% guilty, and this was sexual assault.  You don't have sex with someone who has passed out. And if you're filming, you put down the camera and stop the behavior.

But that is one account, which is contradicted by everyone else, who says she made out with 4 other guys, some before and some after the incident, that she seemed lucid but drunk, and that she willingly got into the pool and got naked.   AND that she was responding to a direction from the show's producers that the script was that she and Demario hook up.  AND Corrine and Demario were friendly the next day, and other participants were viewing them as a possible couple. If this is the true account of what happened, then, no, it wasn't rape.   It was two people getting drunk and having a sexual encounter in front of other people and cameras.  Not smart, but not rape.  EVEN is she doesn't remember it, and even if she regrets it.

I get that people have to give consent for sex.  BUT -  I don't think that consent has to be given verbally, as in "I hereby consent to the following acts"  and then listing the acts.   I think that making out with another person and then getting naked, is the action that most people consider "consent", and that unless one party says "stop"  or "no", or indicates in some way that they are not OK with something, (or that they lose consciousness),  what happens is consensual. 

• Love 12
(edited)
6 hours ago, ByTor said:

Nor is it "alarming" to suggest a woman isn't automatically the special snowflake victim every time.

That is obviously not what's alarming. I think suggesting that a woman being drunk means she gives up her right to consent is pretty alarming though and I am saddened to know that people think otherwise, even though I already knew it based on how women get treated when they report rapes. 

5 hours ago, Mu Shu said:

And apparently "rape culture " means you always take the woman's side no matter what , or you are an ugly rape apologist .    

Yea, that's totally what people are saying.

This whole thread combined with what's happened in recent rape cases (Brock Turner, Bill Cosby) really shines a light on why women don't report rapes.

And again, none of this is to say that this Corinne/DeMario thing is a rape case. We don't know if it truly is or not and we will likely never know because the footage will never be seen by any of us. But taking all the different reports into account it doesn't sound like a rape case. Still, the response to it has been about rape cases, so I find it hard to swallow some of these comments.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 5
(edited)
15 hours ago, Vicky8675309 said:

I see so many comments about how it couldn't have happened because the cameramen/women would have stepped in (wtte) but don't you all remember The Challenge" when they filmed an unconscious Tonya being sexually assaulted with a toothbrush?

The only reason that I think this is a tiny bit different is because BiP is highly subsidized by the Mexican tourism industry, this catastrophe has cost them tens of millions of dollars, and this incident is tainting their main brand--The Bachelor and The Bachelorette. Bunim Murray and MTV had long ago made peace with the physical and sexual assaults on The Challenge and The Real World. They had stopped automatically bouncing cast for physical altercations on The Real World. The Real World has been for at least a decade been the farm team for the types of drunken ragey douchebags that are necessary for The Challenge. They purposely film The Challenge in foreign countries to make it more difficult for the cast to contact law enforcement. So while BiP might be the trashier cousin of The Bachelor and The Bachelorette, no one at ABC or WB is cool with either show turning into the shit shows that The Real World or The Challenge are. By the time Tonya was sexually assaulted, MTV and Bunim Murray let CT attempt to murder Adam on Duel II 6 months earlier. MTV and Bunim Murray had long ago embraced how utterly garbage their shows were.

Additionally Corinne's version of events is very different from the other accounts in key ways that suggest that BiP and possibly even The Bachelor and The Bachelorette are not salvageable. According to Corinne, she was so intoxicated that she was unconscious and had to be repeatedly propped up by an also intoxicated DeMario who was so drunk he had whiskey dick. Even ignoring the sexual conduct that would occur later on, the crew should have stepped in because Corinne was very much in danger of drowning. Her account indicates that she was unconscious and nearly slipped under the water a number times, but for DeMario pulling her up. DeMario was intoxicated as well, but for unknown reasons the crew was completely fine with him attending to her safety. She's lucky that in his intoxicated state that he thought to pull her out of the water (only to assault her later) because according to her account, the crew would have let her head slip below the surface and cheerfully filmed it all. Though he thought to pull her out of the water, he would then sexually assault her, leave her unconscious on the pool deck, and still the crew doesn't step in. DeMario was intoxicated and could have injured Corinne while pulling her out of the water. He left her unconscious on the pool deck where she could have aspirated on her vomit. And the crew didn't step in. It's only 2 hours later when she's conscious, ambulatory, and incoherent that the crew intervenes to put her to bed. 

This is why I say that her account suggests that the entire franchise isn't salvageable. The potential alcohol poisoning and sexual assault/rape aside, her account suggests that the crew will not step in even when your life could be at risk. We know about the manipulation, the frankenquotes, the encouragement to be drunker and more sexually demonstrative than the contestants are comfortable with, but the idea that Corinne's life might have been in danger and their response was essentially ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ is fucking scary. Who cares fuck all about hook-ups, romance, and relationships, when according to Corinne they left her in a hot tub unconscious, they let her get sexually assaulted, and they left her unconscious in the pool area for 2 hours. This indicates that you can't trust production on anything even with your life. That's chilling. No one wants to watch a show like that.

Aside from the assault, they left her alone in two instances where she could have died (drowned or aspirated her vomit). So this isn't to say that Corinne's account isn't the correct version of events, but if it is, it means that the producers have a profoundly fucked set of rules for when they intervene.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 2

So from this latest report neither DeMario or Corrine have seen the footage. So where does this story come from that the producers took Corrine and DeMario into a room to show them what happened and ask them if they consented? Also, again, how does Corrine know that DeMario was too drunk to be accountable if she was blackout drunk, can't remember the incident and never saw the tape?

This whole story is getting weirder and weirder...

• Love 13
(edited)

We will never get an "official" statement of what really happened.  There are too many positions that can manipulate what they saw/heard, to fit what serves them.  

Personally I believe the eye witness accounts by the cast who were there and saw it all.  They all agree.  Corrine was the aggressor, she was walking around and talking after the pool incident.  She continued to make overtures to several other men after she got out of the pool.   

This is a tale of 2 drunks behaving poorly, nothing more.  

Edited by wings707
  • Love 11
34 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

That is obviously not what's alarming. I think suggesting that a woman being drunk means she gives up her right to consent is pretty alarming though and I am saddened to know that people think otherwise, even though I already knew it based on how women get treated when they report rapes. 

This whole thread combined with what's happened in recent rape cases (Brock Turner, Bill Cosby) really shines a light on why women don't report rapes.

YMMV, but IMHO there are a variety of opinions and takes on this board, and a scant few have been awful, but I don't think its fair to characterize the board as having one single unified misogynistic take that represents the whole board.  

I personnally think the scenario in THIS event is very different from the Brock Turner and Bill Cosby cases. Those are awful.  So is the Steubenville Ohio case and the media response to that ("Oh those poor boys who lost their football scholarships". - yuck).   The more I think about this event the more I am stymied by the apparent need for everyone except Corinne and her pals to stay in the good graces of Fleiss and the other Bachelor production people, and how that might color their versions of events.  Jasmine, DeMario, the anonymous sources, the crew? Their gravy train is on the line. 

Plus the fact that culturally it is OK in many places to take advantage of drunk women, and how we have seen that play out a few times on this show.  Do you remember the "Bro Code" season? Ugh.  

SO that group of facts is making me question my opinion of what is going on.  But I still struggle with the Corinne camp version of events.  There is clearly an incentive for them to make this claim (to protect the Corinne gravy train, and probably a showrunner salary for Shelby).  PLus there are apparent inconsistencies in the tale (which of course is true in every sexual assault case and part of the reason some people don't come forward). BUt add that to Corinne's history of outright lying on this show (in her dispute with Taylor), and the fact that I am struggling with the racial dynamics? 

I just am not on team Corinne.  I don't think that makes me a rape apologist, despite the fact that questioning a victim's credibility is a time tested way to silence them.   

• Love 6
3 hours ago, JenMcSnark said:

So now I'm going post and get vilified for it, but here is my honest opinion.

1)  Many of us are actually vilifying the so-called producer(s) who reported this.  They did NOT witness anything as they were not there per all the statements; they did not even view the camera footage before making their "complaints".  

This seems to me like they were conspiring with their friend, Corrine, to try to do damage control after the fact to save face (and hopefully the 2nd reality show she was hoping for) with Corrine's boyfriend, probably her parents, and the general public...

7) I'd say Corrine was all in and then got burned.  Badly burned and I actually feel do feel sorry for her and wish this hadn't happened.  But it did happen.  And she has no one to blame but herself.  

8) And poor Demario, by virtue of his being an ass and idiot on the Bachelorette got set up for disaster and he has suffered the worst out of this entire thing.  Yet he has been handling it much better than I would have imagined and to me, he has the ring of truth....  

Like @Losemynumber, I agree with almost everything you say. But I don't feel particularly sorry for Corinne or DeMario at this point.  But both of these people are adults who signed up for this show.  They took a risk: risk being humiliated for a cahnce of fame.  DeMario in particular, made this bargain after actually being humiliated on Rachel's season.  I say this full well acknowledging that if Corinne was actually assaulted this sounds like an awful thing to say - that I don't feel sorry for her.  But right now I dont believe the one anonymous-ish story of the assault. I feel truly sorry for anyone who is assaulted - especially around people they think are acting in their best interest.  That is so destabilizing. Not just the assault but the ensuing lack of trust in your support system.  I just dont buy that that is what happened yet. 

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, fib said:

Like @Losemynumber, I agree with almost everything you say. But I don't feel particularly sorry for Corinne or DeMario at this point.  But both of these people are adults who signed up for this show.  They took a risk: risk being humiliated for a cahnce of fame.  DeMario in particular, made this bargain after actually being humiliated on Rachel's season.  I say this full well acknowledging that if Corinne was actually assaulted this sounds like an awful thing to say - that I don't feel sorry for her.  But right now I dont believe the one anonymous-ish story of the assault. I feel truly sorry for anyone who is assaulted - especially around people they think are acting in their best interest.  That is so destabilizing. Not just the assault but the ensuing lack of trust in your support system.  I just dont buy that that is what happened yet. 

Let me clarify by saying that I feel sorry for Corrine like I feel sorry for any stupid human who humiliates themselves and then has to pay the price.  I've been mortified by my own behavior at times (although nothing to this level) and even that is very upsetting.  If it turns out that something happened that goes beyond what she agreed to in her contract, then I will feel very sorry for her and support whatever legal justice she can get.  

And I do feel for DeMario in that he lost his job and has people jumping to the conclusion that he is a rapist based on the statements from Corrine and her friend/legal team.  I do take worry about the appearance - that he is a black man and she is a wealthy "white" princess - and that this may have a lasting impact on his life and he could be "guilty" of nothing more than hooking up with a girl who was more than willing.

But they both do deserve the consequences of their actions.  It just screams unfair that the consequences so far are completely lopsided against the black male and the white princess is automatically seen as the traumatized victim.

And I completely object to lumping this in with other sexual assault cases - especially the Stanford Rape Case starring Brock Turner.

It is not "rape culture" or anti-fem to believe that woman have equal responsibility for their actions and situations they knowingly and willingly put themselves in, which is EXACTLY what Corrine did by signing that contract to be on BIP.   Frankly, if her beef is that the production did or didn't do something, or allowed something to happen that was against the contract she signed, then DeMario's name should never have been mentioned, just the facts as to what production did wrong.

• Love 13
58 minutes ago, lids said:

So from this latest report neither DeMario or Corrine have seen the footage. So where does this story come from that the producers took Corrine and DeMario into a room to show them what happened and ask them if they consented? Also, again, how does Corrine know that DeMario was too drunk to be accountable if she was blackout drunk, can't remember the incident and never saw the tape?

Demario wants the tapes released, Corinne hasn't mentioned wanting that has she?

If she really felt like she was assaulted wouldn't she want criminal charges? She's only out for money from Production.

• Love 6
7 hours ago, Artsda said:

Even if she thinks they'll never release the tape, there's still a lot of people that were there that could speak out. Jasmine's   just 1 person who already is speaking out and Jasmine is her friend to boot.

But without the tape she could always claim the others are lying.

(edited)
2 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

That is obviously not what's alarming.

Not obvious to me, I've seen Corinne made into the victim over & over again despite several accounts that she was not.

2 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I think suggesting that a woman being drunk means she gives up her right to consent is pretty alarming

I have no idea where you are seeing this. On other boards, perhaps? On this board I can honestly say I have not once seen anybody say, or even suggest such a thing.  Quite the opposite, in fact.

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 6
(edited)

I have to be honest...I think Jasmine is taking things too far, I'm not sure I believe this (another source disputes it):

Bachelor in Paradise contestant Jasmine Goode says co-star Corinne Olympios not only interacted with DeMario Jackson but also "forced herself on three male cast members when they were unable to consent" on the day of an alleged incident of misconduct, of which the latter woman has said she is a victim.

http://www.eonline.com/news/861425/corinne-olympios-forced-herself-on-3-bachelor-in-paradise-men-co-star-jasmine-goode-says?cmpid=par-121113-outbrain-paid-links

Edited by ByTor
16 minutes ago, ByTor said:

I have to be honest...I think Jasmine is taking things too far, I'm not sure I believe this (another source disputes it):

http://www.eonline.com/news/861425/corinne-olympios-forced-herself-on-3-bachelor-in-paradise-men-co-star-jasmine-goode-says?cmpid=par-121113-outbrain-paid-links

I don't know.  That article has another nameless person basically impugning Jasmine's character and parroting back the same things Jasmine said about Corrine in what seems like an effort to discredit Jasmine.

A source told E! News that Olympios "may have been flirty but did not force herself sexually on anyone."

"Jasmine and Corinne were friends," the source said. "Jasmine, who was also drinking that night, knew how drunk Corinne was and tried to help Corinne down the stairs. Corinne fell and busted her knee open in front of Jasmine. The next day, Jasmine came in to check on Corinne and was telling her how intoxicated she was the night before and joked about how she scratched her elbow when she was trying to help her. Corinne and Jasmine's friendship was fine until Jasmine found out production was suspended."

"Jasmine wasn't present when the DeMario incident happened," the source added. "She was doing her own thing with men down on the beach. She hooked up with three guys that night." Goode has not responded to the source's comments.

And I'm getting pretty damn tired of Marty Singer using the fact that production was suspended as proof that Corrine was victimized.  They shut down production for one reason: because a person had made a very serious allegation regarding Corrine and Corrine immediately lawyered up with a reputation for successfully defending stars from their own bad behavior.

From Refinery29.com

Singer, described by Variety as a "pitbull attorney who is known for sending ferocious legal threats," has represented the likes of Charlie Sheen, Kim Kardashian, Britney Spears, Scarlett Johansson, Arnold Schwarznegger, Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie, Sharon Stone, John Travolta, and Nicolas Cage. Notably, the majority of these celebs hired Singer to fight for them in libel and slander suits. This could signal that Olympios is anticipating damage to her reputation due to false claims.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Padma said:

My assessment of Corinne--plus the self-serving "I don't remember anything but am willing to apply it was all DiMARIO'S fault"--is that she's looking out for her reputation, and doesn't believe she's the victim of a crime at all.   At the moment, my instincts tell me DiMario is the one being unfairly slandered, particularly as no criminal charges have been fired. Hopefully we'll know more when the investigation confludes next week.

She hasn't claimed DeMario's at fault though, at least not publicly. So far she's released one statement, or her representatives have, that didn't even mention DeMario, and the two other TMZ stories that claim to cite sources close to her have said that she doesn't blame him. She may think she was too drunk to consent in general, but that doesn't mean the same doesn't apply to DeMario, in which case neither did anything criminal. It's the media that's been trying to twist this into some rape case, not Corinne from what I've seen.

Oh and as much as I feel sorry for DeMario being painted as some sex offender by the media, it's already come out that he did NOT lose his job because of it. He left his job in March already before Rachel's season started filming. I guess he's looking for pity too.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, JenMcSnark said:

I'd say Corrine was all in and then got burned.  Badly burned and I actually feel do feel sorry for her and wish this hadn't happened.  But it did happen.  And she has no one to blame but herself.  

yes, I think most of us who are putting responsibility on Corinne aren't happy this happened to her. I just have zero respect for her for blaming everyone else. She started it by drinking and not stopping.

6 hours ago, JenMcSnark said:

Corrine was by all accounts the clear aggressor.  I'm sorry, but I believe that girls who are the aggressor and then cry rape or assault afterwards are heinous.  This really does hurt all the women out there who are TRULY being sexually assaulted/raped!

And this is what bothers me the most about our so called rap culture. There are women out there who, through absolutely no fault of their own, are sexually assaulted or raped. and there are also women who make terrible life choices that they later regret and rather than owning up to it they claim they were violated or victims. I think, in this instance, Corinne falls into the regret group. This isn't her first time with a bottle, this girl is a major league drinker. She knew what she was doing. She might not remember it afterwards, but that doesn't mean she didn't know what she was doing.

• Love 9

I do think Corrine is a victim, but not of DeMario but of the company that makes trashy shows like BIP. The level of alcohol that they gave contestants and the fact that handlers/producers will try to get their talents to act up is manipulation and kind of disgusting when you think about it. Sure, these are all adults and they are here knowing that this will happen, but there's still a level of manipulation that happens here that isn't right.

Then again, considering how popular BIP is I wonder what that says about us lol.

• Love 1
(edited)
5 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

And again, none of this is to say that this Corinne/DeMario thing is a rape case. We don't know if it truly is or not and we will likely never know because the footage will never be seen by any of us. But taking all the different reports into account it doesn't sound like a rape case. Still, the response to it has been about rape cases, so I find it hard to swallow some of these comments.

No, the responses haven't been about rape cases.  They've been about THIS case, which is not a rape case.  There's a difference.  To compare this to the Cosby case is highly offensive and disrespectful to the women involved in that case.

Edited by Canada
  • Love 19
6 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

It's quite offensive and disrespectful to unfairly characterize an entire thread based on a minority of comments in here that may be making insensitive comments about the situation. You're really running with some of these comments as if it's an overarching theme in this thread. Are people really suggesting what you're claiming or is it just your interpretation? It's actually quite disturbing to me that people have to be worried about being characterized as part of the problem of 'rape culture' when talking about an incident that doesn't read like 'rape' at all. Corinne thought little of her well-being and put herself in a vulnerable decision, yeah I said it. Does that mean that I believe that she's fair game to be assaulted? Hell no and I think the overwhelming majority of people in this thread would agree with that sentiment. Pointing out the accountability of both parties in this situation has nothing to do with how women get treated when they report rapes, this is unlikely a rape case and comparing it to rape cases doesn't really do anything for your argument except overcast judgment of everyone in this thread as if they're apologists for rapists. And it's also quite offensive to continually speak about this case in the context of rape and compare it to cases where the situations present themselves as undoubtedly rape cases and where the women were in fact victims of sound minded men who knew exactly what they were doing when they took advantage of them. 

A sound minded individual should NEVER take advantage of someone else, regardless if it's by their own decisions that made them vulnerable and helpless. There is no denying that. But if a person doesn't take accountability for their bad decisions, the likelihood is that they're going to continue to make bad decisions and expect that everyone else are responsible for what happens to them. There are fucked up people in the world and it's unfortunate that anyone would have to make stupid decisions to find that out the hard way. 

• Love 15
6 hours ago, lids said:

I first heard that Corinne and DeMario viewed the footage the next day in Reality Steve's column on the day this story broke. I think he might have been the first to report it and then other news outlets just ran with it. 

My take from all of this is that Corinne was the aggressor and did everything that's been talked about. After a couple of days (and a few other male encounters), she finally grew a conscience and had to "fix" everything that might get back to her friends, family and boyfriend. So, in her own manipulative way, she talked to her producer friend and asked her to file the claim. This keeps Corinne's "reputation" intact by saying she is a victim. She's a victim alright...a victim of her own bad behavior and trying to get away with it. The person I truly feel sorry for is DeMario, who got sucked into her vortex.

• Love 5
9 hours ago, DEL901 said:

On a happier note, Carly and Evan got hitched.  I think she looks very pretty in the photo.  http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/bachelor-in-paradise-stars-evan-bass-and-carly-waddell-are-married-w488483

I like what Evan said:

“At first I creeped her out, but because of the time allowed to just hang after she friend-zoned me, she came to realize that she not only liked my flavor of creepiness, but wanted to marry it as well!”

• Love 12

That's a hideous dress she's wearing.  And she needs to ditch those busted blonde extensions.  I still don't like either one of them, so it's great they found each other.  I give it 1 baby and 2 years max.  

I'm done with this whole BIP fiasco.  Nobody wins, everybody loses and a trash-tastic summer show is off my list.   Dueling lawyers, he-said-she-said and everyone seeing something completely different.   Zero entertainment value for me. 

I think most of us will learn to deal with the demise of BIP without feeling the need to open a vein.   We'll see if they come up with anything new & exciting for this winter, but I think it's a longshot. 

• Love 3
(edited)

I really don't understand what Corrine is doing here, because right, wrong, or indifferent, there's little legal precedent in our system for her to get whatever justice she might be seeking. The defense will put together a four minute compilation of her history of drunk and/or provocative behavior and no one will find him guilty.  Even if he did rape her while unconscious, the defense has enough on their side to create reasonable doubt in the mind of a jury about consent, and it's always the woman's behavior that gets questioned in court. I hate to say that race might be a factor here too (if I remember correctly black men generally get harsher sentencing in rape cases and are more likely to be convicted), but ultimately I think her actions will drive the defense if it goes to court. There's a ton of gray area in this particular case because they were both drunk, but honestly, what does Corrine want? She's savvy enough to know how the system works, and if she isn't, her legal team should be.

That said, I've had a really hard time following social media commentary on this case, both here and elsewhere.  She's an idiot, but has been vilified. Maybe he should have considered not drinking so much that his behavior would be considered beyond reproach too. Isn't what's good for the gander also good for the goose?  I think about that with every sexual assault case I read about with a celebrity or athlete.  In their shoes, I would probably never have more than one drink and always film explicit consent on my cell phone before second base. I liked how Nick seemed to be very aware of that in his season...she was a drunk mess and he enjoyed it to a point and then reeled it back in before things could go too far. It could have been respectful on his part, but also a move to cover his own ass.

All that said, I kind of get where some cast members who are brought to Mexico and plied with booze have some false sense of security that producers will step in well before it gets dangerous.  They're responsible for themselves, but they also have experience on the show and it's boundaries and likely have a false sense of trust. Is it the twins that rarely drank? They were a rarity, but smart girls, from both a personal safety and an embarrassment perspective. 

Edited by kalibean
Edited for eloquence or lack thereof!
  • Love 1

I'm glad that Carly and Evan still got their Mexican wedding. I hope they both go far far from this sinking ship of a franchise and live a happy life together. I don't know when it happened, or how, but I went from hating them both on their own to adoring them as a couple. They just work in a weird sort of way.

• Love 14
3 hours ago, leighdear said:

That's a hideous dress she's wearing.  And she needs to ditch those busted blonde extensions.  I still don't like either one of them, so it's great they found each other.  I give it 1 baby and 2 years max.  

I'm done with this whole BIP fiasco.  Nobody wins, everybody loses and a trash-tastic summer show is off my list.   Dueling lawyers, he-said-she-said and everyone seeing something completely different.   Zero entertainment value for me. 

I think most of us will learn to deal with the demise of BIP without feeling the need to open a vein.   We'll see if they come up with anything new & exciting for this winter, but I think it's a longshot. 

LOL at the Bold!  I like them and think their marriage will last but agree with the rest.  They will come up with something else, maybe not this year but a new show will replace BiP, absolutely.  

• Love 3

. The Real World has been for at least a decade been the farm team for the types of drunken ragey douchebags that are necessary for The Challenge. They purposely film The

this is so true. I miss bachelor/ette before instagram, and all the other stuff. 

5 hours ago, Mabinogia said:

I went from hating them both on their own to adoring them as a couple. They just work in a weird sort of way.

Same!  Maybe mathematics is correct and two negatives really do make a positive :)

• Love 4

I was just thinking.  No matter what happens anything to do with Bachelor or Bachelorette gets attention.  I wonder if this wedding was to be part of the BIP.  Sounds like it with the wedding in Mexico and all.  I'm happy for them.  Yes he was a bit quirky but so was she and they found each other.  I bet Carly makes a great stepmother.  She was well liked and seems to have fun in spite of the messes going on around her.

• Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, Jeanne222 said:

I was just thinking.  No matter what happens anything to do with Bachelor or Bachelorette gets attention.  I wonder if this wedding was to be part of the BIP.  Sounds like it with the wedding in Mexico and all.  I'm happy for them.  Yes he was a bit quirky but so was she and they found each other.  I bet Carly makes a great stepmother.  She was well liked and seems to have fun in spite of the messes going on around her.

Yes, it was to be a part of BIP, just like Tanner and Jade's wedding was last year. Hopefully they'll show a clip during Rachel's TMTA or ATFR or something to make up for not televising it durning BIP. Then again, they probably won't want to do anything to draw attention to BIP being pulled.

Edited by JenE4
  • Love 1

Applause and appreciation for the moderators assigned to this forum for the vigilance necessary to keep on top of this never ending loop.  Kudos and thank you!    

• Love 4
1 hour ago, TomGirl said:

Wow, Corrine's boyfriend is a total Nick Viall look-alike!

IMG_0463.JPG

THIS is the guy they're ruining our show over (to protect the relationship)?!? What the--?! I guess she actually was attracted to Nick then? I presumed it was all for show.

• Love 3

Not a fan of Carly's dress but not my wedding so it obviously doesn't matter, lol. Congrats to the couple. The ones that manage to make it down the aisle have had pretty good records (no divorces that I can recall) so there's hope I guess!

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, RHJunkie said:

Not a fan of Carly's dress but not my wedding so it obviously doesn't matter, lol. Congrats to the couple. The ones that manage to make it down the aisle have had pretty good records (no divorces that I can recall) so there's hope I guess!

Only sort of exception... that couple from BIP 1.  I forget their names but they were shown having a wedding on season 2, but it wasn't a legal wedding and they'd since busted up.  I think his name was Marcus and both he and his "wife" were both desperate to get married.

8 minutes ago, DEL901 said:

Only sort of exception... that couple from BIP 1.  I forget their names but they were shown having a wedding on season 2, but it wasn't a legal wedding and they'd since busted up.  I think his name was Marcus and both he and his "wife" were both desperate to get married.

Oh yes I remember that story now. I haven't watched any of the Bachelor weddings...was their wedding the normal Bachelor set up? I always assumed that the televised weddings were all legal marriages.

12 minutes ago, RHJunkie said:

Oh yes I remember that story now. I haven't watched any of the Bachelor weddings...was their wedding the normal Bachelor set up? I always assumed that the televised weddings were all legal marriages.

This was done on the beach in Mexico.  We only learned after the fact that the paperwork to make it legal had never been filed.

(edited)
On 6/13/2017 at 6:55 PM, piewarmer said:

...for you! Me, I have to scurry around to find a replacement something I'm embarrassed to be doing this summer.

Not for nothing have I referred to Big Brother as "my summer crack" for several seasons. I get three fixes a week plus reading the live feeds thread. Really an eye-opening experience in what the narrative is for the broadcast vs. what actually occurred.

Edited by Scout Finch
  • Love 2
(edited)
4 hours ago, TomGirl said:

Wow, Corrine's boyfriend is a total Nick Viall look-alike!

What kind of boyfriend wants to see a girlfriend on a tv show where she's "looking for love?" 

It's not the same as being in a relationship with an ACTOR who is playing a character and acting according to a script.  Or is this the ultimate demise of the franchise, as they allowed someone on the show(s) who was playing a part in what was really an audition for her own "reality show?"  Because other cast members who have a boyfriend/girlfriend back home are shamed for it.  (DeMario is just the latest example)  Is it going too far to speculate that ABC purposely casts some people as actors, to see if they could carry their own show?   A boyfriend who thinks his girlfriend is actually dating the Bachelor would be upset.  But a boyfriend who knows that she's acting, playing a part just like in a TV drama, might view it differently.

I suspect ABC cast Corrine on purpose - remember how much attention she got, just in her intro on The Bachelor, with her high-rise office, her rich parents? and her "hometown date"  which consisted of her walking around greeting people, and being given VIP treatment in stores?  The extras provided to her to play her little whipped cream and bouncy house games with Nick?   AND the final straw, to me, was when she was introduced as a "fan favorite"  when the casting for BiP was announced. 

Then - when she takes things too far with DeMario, her producer warns her that she went too far, and might not actually be getting her own show as promised!   And THAT is the real reason she wants to sue.

Just a theory here, but it all fits.

Edited by backformore
  • Love 9

I know I'll hate myself tomorrow for suggesting this, but since BIP appears to be out of gas, can they do a mini Carly show?  I know I'll bitch and snark about it, but she's been a loyal cast member, and took a lot of shit.  She's earned it.  I'll just get extra drunk when Evan comes on to mitigate the yuck factor.

• Love 2

THIS is the guy they're ruining our show over (to protect the relationship)?!? What the--?! I guess she actually was attracted to Nick then? I presumed it was all for show.

Has anyone connected with BIP explained why Corrine was allowed to be on the show in the first place since she has a boyfriend and as others have said others have been shamed for that?  They would have to have known. 

• Love 5