Type keyword(s) to search

Bachelor in Paradise in the Media

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, CindyBee said:

RS said in one of his blogs or maybe it was his podcast that to get a release to film "Famously Single", Chad had to agree to do Bachelor in Paradise 4.0.

I wonder if Josh had a similar deal.  If I'm not mistaken, he also did BiP after Famously Single.  It's interesting, as I don't quite understand why they would need to be "released." I didn't realize their contracts would prohibit them from doing other reality shows.  

• Love 1

I think many shows are like that, especially if the other reality show is on another network. I remember there being a rumor about one of the most recent Survivor winners wanting to be on The Bachelor and RS at the time said it probably wouldn't happen, likely because of whatever contract she had with CBS and Survivor.

So you will see people on Survivor and The Amazing Race or Big Brother and Survivor or Big Brother and The Amazing because all three shows are CBS shows. Same with being on The Bachelor or The Bachelorette and being on DWTS because they're both on ABC. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 2

Chad and Corrine both need to be there night 1. I can't imagine anyone else picking either one of them, so I think whomever is there first would be immediately sent home without the other to hook up with. BUT, if they're both there night 1, I can totally see them being one of the engaged couples at the end. I think that have that "there's someone for everyone" synchronicity in terms of matching up perfectly with being very driven by surface appearances, their over-inflated egos, and their quirky/confusing brand snarkiness/meanness. It would be like, "Finally someone who gets me!" (I am not saying this is a good thing--just that it could work in their own dysfunctional way.)

Likewise, we need Canadian Daniel and Alexis Dolphin-Shark to be there at the same time! I think they're another pair who would hit it off with their odd senses of humor. (These two, I would totally give my stamp of approval to.)

• Love 5
2 hours ago, ByTor said:

Did he say why?

No I don't remember if RS gave a reason why Chad has to do Paradise in order to be on Famously Single.  I guess its like truthaboutluv says, ABC doesn't want its "stars" to run off to a rival network so for X amount of years, they control their narrative on any additional TV time.  

And yes Josh did film Famously Single before Paradise so it looks to be the same time frame for Chad.

• Love 1

I'm fine with Chad being on again.  He's good TV, no matter what.  And I still find him drop-dead gorgeous, so eye candy is also good. 

Besides, they need a new Chris Bukowski, since the original version seems to have gone back to being a private citizen!

Edited by leighdear
  • Love 1

Paging Dad Nick, please make sure your daughters are protected this time.   If Amanda wants to humiliate herself some more, whatever but please leave those two little girls out of this farce.

And I totally expect them both to be on the next season of "Marriage bootcamp" or whatever that stupid show is called.   

• Love 3

Many of us have become tired and bored with the Bach series, a little less with Bachette but both need some revision to bring back some excitement.  I find myself looking forward to BiP way too early.  It doesn't air until late summer and has a short run.  Funny how this has grown in popularity much more than the others or it has with me anyway.  It could use a little revamp as well.

Chad has signed on and Corinne is being coy, I think she is holding out for more money.  Everyone is hoping she will be there and they know it so good move.  

I am tired of talking about the others so I am here at 5 am having given up on falling back to sleep for the past 3 hours! 

I would add a rule that when someone new comes they get a date with whoever they choose and no one can tell them if they have coupled up already.   Make it short date.  Some have coupled but one in the pair is not that attached and often disappointed they are stuck.  So NO asking who is with who when you arrive.  You will find out soon enough on your first date, it would be allowed to give the scoop to the new comer at that point.

I feel badly when the final woman arrives and Daniel is the only free guy!  

Oh, and Ashley and Jared are not allowed on together, ever again.  

• Love 5
50 minutes ago, wings707 said:

I would add a rule that when someone new comes they get a date with whoever they choose and no one can tell them if they have coupled up already.

Ooh, when the meet with Chris H he could tell them who is there, since we know  they all kind of know each other, or at least of each other, have them pick who they want before they get to the beach. Then the date card will have that persons name. Or, if the show wants to really screw with them, have the show pick who the newbie's first date will be.

They need to do something to start mixing things up because it's really just become watching boring couples on vacation.

• Love 8
1 minute ago, Mabinogia said:

Ooh, when the meet with Chris H he could tell them who is there, since we know  they all kind of know each other, or at least of each other, have them pick who they want before they get to the beach. Then the date card will have that persons name. Or, if the show wants to really screw with them, have the show pick who the newbie's first date will be.

They need to do something to start mixing things up because it's really just become watching boring couples on vacation.

I like the idea of them choosing who they want their date to be before they walk in.  No, on CH choosing the date because he would choose one of a more solid couple that he KNEW would cause drama.  You want to give the new comer half a chance.  

• Love 1

So he's a skanky player and she's a volatile psycho.....Tell us something we didn't know!  *LOL*

On 3/2/2017 at 6:05 AM, wings707 said:

I find myself looking forward to BiP way too early.  It doesn't air until late summer and has a short run.  Funny how this has grown in popularity much more than the others or it has with me anyway.  It could use a little revamp as well.

I feel badly when the final woman arrives and Daniel is the only free guy!  

Oh, and Ashley and Jared are not allowed on together, ever again.  

Totally agree.  They should at least throw in a few competitions, "Bachelor Pad" style.  Not for money, but maybe for a deluxe room for a night or an extra excursion, etc.  

• Love 5

Wait, Chad is coming back?  Didn't he poop himself the last time?  You can poop yourself, and get invited back?

Holy shit, no pun intended. That's just vulgar and shameful.   I don't care how hot a guy is. You poop yourself in a bachelor franchise show, and I am out.  

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Mu Shu said:

Wait, Chad is coming back?  Didn't he poop himself the last time?  You can poop yourself, and get invited back?

Holy shit, no pun intended. That's just vulgar and shameful.   I don't care how hot a guy is. You poop yourself in a bachelor franchise show, and I am out.  

But he is a s**t-disturber.  Maybe they like that?

I'm glad they're having a baby, because I read that Jade couldn't wait and I've felt the same way. I'm half through my pregnancy at the moment :)

Anyway, I just came to say that I have never watched the Bachellor/ette, but started watching Bachelor in paradise. It was the season with Jade and Tanner, but I started watching after like 5-6 episodes, because there was so much news about the show, I had to see what was so interesting. It's enough to say that I was hooked, lol I still don't care for the two mentioned franchises, but can't wait for the summer to see them all in Paradise!

The Bachelor's Emily and Haley Ferguson Prepare to Search for Their 'Happily Ever After' in New Reality Series

http://people.com/tv/bachelor-emily-haley-ferguson-prepare-search-happily-ever-after-new-reality-series/?xid=socialflow_twitter_peoplemag

The twins are back!

Emily and Haley Ferguson — as seen on Ben Higgins‘ season of The Bachelor and Bachelor in Paradise — are gearing up for adulthood in the Freeform series, The Twins: Happily Ever After?

The series, which initially began with a season of Ben and Lauren: Happily Ever After?, will follow the sisters as they move out of their mother’s house in Las Vegas and embark on a brand new journey, searching for independence and new careers in Los Angeles — but not without some bumps along the way.

17 minutes ago, DEL901 said:

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/chris-soules-reveals-hes-been-invited-to-bachelor-in-paradise-w472041

Chris Soules says he was invited to be on Bachelor in Paradise but his friends counsel him against it. On the other hand, he wants to meet Raven.  He says he's undecided about doing the show.  

There is an easier way to meet her; get her number from production.  He never appeared to be all that bright. Maybe a friend will suggest that.  ?‍♀️

• Love 9

Sometimes I get the feeling these people don't realize that the others are actual real live human beings with twitter accounts, phones, email addresses and numerous ways to meet other than on the show. Or, are all my darkest theories correct, and they do actually sell their souls to Fleiss who can dictate who they are allowed to meet?

Even without all Chris' inside connections I could probably meet Raven if I really wanted. It's not that hard Chris.

• Love 5
17 hours ago, Canada said:

Apparently he's actually a year younger than Nick.  Which is crazy because he looks so much older.

I think he looks (and generally acts) his age.  Which is why he has no business on BiP.  Really, no man over 30 needs to be on the show unless the women are within the same age range. And we know that's a rare thing.  

Nick looks and acts younger, IMO.  Yet he still gave off an "old man at the club" vibe to me. 

• Love 5

I can't see it either. Didn't Chris also say that he was uncertain about doing it because he doesn't want to make a fool of himself? He must know in the back of his mind it's not a good idea...and if he was genuinely interested in Raven wouldn't he have tried to meet her by now? My friend's good friend met him, didn't know who he was at all, but they had a nice conversation and I think she ended up giving him her number. So yeah...he can meet women his own age without going back on tv yet again....

I think the Raven thing was more of a response to US Weekly asking, "So if you did the show, who would you like to meet?" Not that he was so taken with her that he'd pursue on his own, heh. She also happens to be the one publicly confirmed at the moment, so not sure that's a coincidence. 

I adore Chris Soules, so I'd love to see him on BIP.

Hell, it's just a Mexican beach vacation unless you really want to try to make it to be something more....Plenty of folks "floated" through the seasons and obviously had some fun without being branded as idiots, sluts or Chad.  

• Love 1

I am highly amused that Chad is his own pejorative.  

If Chris wants to hit up a Mexican beach, he's rich, right? It's not like they are housed in the lap of luxury during filming, so not sure he's missing anything he can't do himself without worrying about being chubby and looking foolish. God, I miss Bachelor Pad - at least they did stuff beyond sunburn and booze. 

• Love 2

Meh, I think maybe I'm just not a fan of Chris's. something about him just seems....smug? Although the woman I know who met him said he was very sweet so who knows. Just rubs me wrong that he always talks about how incredibly hard dating is for him where he lives...because yeah, he lives in a tiny town but he also travels and has more opportunities than most, and dating in your 30s isn't a picnic usually because that's just life. I would just love to see some fresher faces this summer, either contestants who haven't gotten much airtime or as many chances, or hell, just bring back some real franchise veterans from seasoms way past and see how they do with all these new kids! 

• Love 3
9 hours ago, ByTor said:

Since I haven't seen any news, is it safe to assume Carly & Evan are still together?

Yes, they seem very happy together. I wouldn't be surprised if they're the first to marry out of the current engaged couples.

Josh and Amanda, on the other hand, are trainwreck central. He's a total manipulative psycho (IMO) who's just using her for attention and talking nonsense to magazines every chance he gets, while she's an idiot who keeps giving him second and third and fourth chances, which always ends with them shading each other on SM and Josh's crazy mother getting involved. Someone save those children!

I kind of wish Chris Soules decides to go to Paradise. I think he's pretty lonely and seems to love the camaraderie of the Bachelor Family, so chilling on a beach with a bunch of young'uns is right up his alley. I doubt he'll be a Nick sort of figure though. I think he'd happily date a 24-year-old. It's not like he's much of a conversationist, so age doesn't matter.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, chocolatine said:

That's true, but I'm even more curious what Josh does since he apparently has a "personal assistant". I thought he was unemployed?

Well per the article, Amanda is apparently also baffled by this "assistant" claim and has no idea why this woman is going by that supposed title. My goodness what a shit show. Don't get me wrong, it's an entertaining shit show but wow. 

8 hours ago, Artsda said:

Stanton told us, "He's the worst. Everybody warned me." LOL!

Yeah Amanda, maybe in the future be a little more cautious with who you jump into playing house with, especially when you've already had one failed marriage and have two very young and impressionable kids to think about. Especially when just about everyone and their mother was telling you said guy was a massive tool. 

• Love 6