Type keyword(s) to search

Bachelor in Paradise in the Media

• Start Topic

58 minutes ago, ramble said:

I may skip the Bach/B’ette sometimes but BIP is one of my reality show weaknesses. 

Same here.  Plus, I just like to watch them lie around, drink and chow down on food.  That's what I do when I watch the show. 😄 

• Love 1

I can't look at Chris without seeing Ben Stiller as the creepy, angry boyfriend on that "Friends" episode.  But Krystal reminds me of a muscular Melora Hardin on "The Office," so that's two psychopaths paired off.

• LOL 6
  • Love 6
On 7/17/2019 at 10:33 AM, DEL901 said:

OMG.  This is just one big list/advert of companies/people who organized aspects of the wedding (e.g. planner, photographer, even planner, and on and on and on)

https://people.com/tv/ashley-iaconetti-bridal-shower-jared-haibon-surprise/

Dang you’re right! We interrupt this commercial for a few words about the actual event. I wonder, once the spotlight and new excitement of he (finally) picked me and we’re getting married wears off, if things won’t look so rom-com perfect to Ashley. Jared has always seemed a bit bland personality-wise in my opinion. Of course she may just jump on the BIP baby train with Jade and Carly, although I have a little trouble picturing her as a mother. 

• Love 4
On 7/31/2019 at 8:40 AM, LBS said:

She had the baby in their closet!  That is amazing!

That was on national news. They had video (after the delivery) plus you could see a bunch of "pee pads" on the floor. TMZ covered it too, and the question was asked, "Was there carpeting in the closet?"

3 hours ago, RandomWatcher said:

She is NOT OK.  the way she carried on with her hurt feelings and blaming him, then these texts come to light!  she pursued him, hooked up for sex only, now she's crying that HE used HER and acts like a one-night stand is the same as a break-up.   

• Love 8
On 8/7/2019 at 6:24 PM, JenE4 said:

💯
Bachelor in Paradise Recap: Gossip Girls
Was Blake incredibly messy with this whole Caelynn-Kristina situation? Absolutely. But is he really the monster they want to paint him out to be?

Read in Vulture: https://apple.news/AndX32I9ERcSbZkDuKnwmhA

Sent from my iPhone

I loved this article but I can’t get with the broad statements concerning white women. “What is happening this week with white women getting into business that isn’t theirs?” Newsflash: the black women were also on the Blake hating train and the two white women who approached Blake were doing so because of their own personal experience. I guess Annalise and her “weaponized white woman’s tears”, is representative of all white women everywhere on the planet and means that all the white women on the show were getting into business that wasn’t theirs? From what I saw, only Annalise was in someone else’s business. The rest of the women, black, white, Asian, Hispanic, were ALL gossiping about how disgusting Blake is without knowing the full story. I liked the article and agree with it for the most part. I didn’t agree with the stereotyping. 

• Love 7
9 hours ago, Nowhere said:

I loved this article but I can’t get with the broad statements concerning white women. “What is happening this week with white women getting into business that isn’t theirs?” Newsflash: the black women were also on the Blake hating train and the two white women who approached Blake were doing so because of their own personal experience. I guess Annalise and her “weaponized white woman’s tears”, is representative of all white women everywhere on the planet and means that all the white women on the show were getting into business that wasn’t theirs? From what I saw, only Annalise was in someone else’s business. The rest of the women, black, white, Asian, Hispanic, were ALL gossiping about how disgusting Blake is without knowing the full story. I liked the article and agree with it for the most part. I didn’t agree with the stereotyping. 

Yeah, right off the bat the (black) author mentioned how she’s entertained by figuring out the motivations of white people. But, I think she did make a valid point when re Annaliese and Clay she said to look up weaponized white woman tears to save her the word count. Yes, that’s exactly what Annalise was doing. Kristina and Caelynn both had a reason to be upset personally. And, sure, Annalise could be angry at Clay on behalf of her friend, but the way she was hysterical crying at him and making a spectacle so others observing would automatically think the black man did something wrong to upset the nice white lady. Granted, I think everyone in Paradise knows Annalise is crazy and/or was laser focused on hating Blake that I don’t think Annaliese’s “white woman tears” worked. Granted, I don’t think race was a determining factor and Annaliese would have “cried at” anyone who she felt slighted her friend. Agreed that this was a “teachable moment” that maybe was a bit misguided. Yet, (as a white woman) I’m all for pointing out systemic racism as it’s happening until society learns to shut that shit down. Do I think Annaliese is racist? No. I mean, if she were, she probably wouldn’t want her BFF dating a black man to begin with. But, we could go off on a whole tangent that you don’t have to be racist to lean on your privilege, but that’s way off topic. Anyway...that was one small thread in the article. The rest I thought was spot on.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
7 hours ago, JenE4 said:

Yeah, right off the bat the (black) author mentioned how she’s entertained by figuring out the motivations of white people. But, I think she did make a valid point when re Annaliese and Clay she said to look up weaponized white woman tears to save her the word count. Yes, that’s exactly what Annalise was doing. Kristina and Caelynn both had a reason to be upset personally. And, sure, Annalise could be angry at Clay on behalf of her friend, but the way she was hysterical crying at him and making a spectacle so others observing would automatically think the black man did something wrong to upset the nice white lady. Granted, I think everyone in Paradise knows Annalise is crazy and/or was laser focused on hating Blake that I don’t think Annaliese’s “white woman tears” worked. Granted, I don’t think race was a determining factor and Annaliese would have “cried at” anyone who she felt slighted her friend. Agreed that this was a “teachable moment” that maybe was a bit misguided. Yet, (as a white woman) I’m all for pointing out systemic racism as it’s happening until society learns to shut that shit down. Do I think Annaliese is racist? No. I mean, if she were, she probably wouldn’t want her BFF dating a black man to begin with. But, we could go off on a whole tangent that you don’t have to be racist to lean on your privilege, but that’s way off topic. Anyway...that was one small thread in the article. The rest I thought was spot on.

White women can’t even cry anymore without it being called privilege. That’s kind of weird. 

• Love 11
15 hours ago, Nowhere said:

White women can’t even cry anymore without it being called privilege. That’s kind of weird. 

Annalise cried over at least  three  different men last season, now she cries over one who happens to be black and that makes her a racist.  The woman who wrote the article lumps all women of one color together, stereotypes them, accuses them of base motives and clearly despises them, but she's not a racist.  It's the new way, treating all people equally is so last century.

• Love 12
3 hours ago, JudyObscure said:

Annalise cried over at least  three  different men last season, now she cries over one who happens to be black and that makes her a racist.  The woman who wrote the article lumps all women of one color together, stereotypes them, accuses them of base motives and clearly despises them, but she's not a racist.  It's the new way, treating all people equally is so last century.

She’s so woke. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
3 hours ago, JudyObscure said:

Annalise cried over at least  three  different men last season, now she cries over one who happens to be black and that makes her a racist.

IIRC, one of the men she cried over last season was Kenny. She's an equal opportunity crier.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, chocolatine said:

IIRC, one of the men she cried over last season was Kenny. She's an equal opportunity crier.

Ah yes, I forgot about Kenny.  So there's even less reason for the Vulture writer to think there was racism behind her crying at Clay.  Annalise is the woman who cries in fear over bumper cars and dogs.  It's just what she does.

• Love 9

I believe that Ashley and Jared love each other , but their whole story and relationship is just too showy for me to believe . Even though jade and tanner are always selling stuff and love nothing more than their faces on social media , I feel that they have a relationship beyond that .. whereas Ashley and Jared are so obsessed with their story and seem to have no lives beyond social media . 

• Love 6
4 hours ago, Jaclyn88 said:

I believe that Ashley and Jared love each other , but their whole story and relationship is just too showy for me to believe . Even though jade and tanner are always selling stuff and love nothing more than their faces on social media , I feel that they have a relationship beyond that .. whereas Ashley and Jared are so obsessed with their story and seem to have no lives beyond social media . 

sorry I thought it was super creepy how ashley was so stalkerish, no matter who he was dating she was also right there, joining him on vacation, etc, i remmeber a few women who dated him saying how uncomfortable ashley made them. I dont think that there was ever any way on earth she was not going to land him and i think he always enjoyed the attention......I truly do hope now that they are a couple, they stay together but its a wierd way to start,

5 hours ago, Jaclyn88 said:

hello amanda stanton with her daughters now being pimped out. Im so glad Im not on instargram

• Love 6
12 minutes ago, nlkm9 said:

sorry I thought it was super creepy how ashley was so stalkerish, no matter who he was dating she was also right there, joining him on vacation, etc, i remmeber a few women who dated him saying how uncomfortable ashley made them. I dont think that there was ever any way on earth she was not going to land him and i think he always enjoyed the attention......I truly do hope now that they are a couple, they stay together but its a wierd way to start,

hello amanda stanton with her daughters now being pimped out. Im so glad Im not on instargram

Don’t forget the convenience/creepiness of Jared constantly rejecting her but then changing his mind and realizing he loved her once she lost her virginity on national TV to another guy. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 9

As over-the-top as Ashley always acted, her dress didn't look like anything special.  A strapless, lace ballgown.  So?  Her rehearsal outfit was juvenile and so Disney.

Quite a lineup of Bachelor has-beens and wannabes.  Of course Ben was there, he's ALWAYS there, Carly & Evan need to get away from their 22 kids, Becca T looks old & worn out and Elan looks like some homeless guy they found going through the dumpster behind the venue.  What a bunch of winners. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
11 hours ago, Stan39 said:

Don’t forget the convenience/creepiness of Jared constantly rejecting her but then changing his mind and realizing he loved her once she lost her virginity on national TV to another guy. 

yes!!!! i was trying ti explain this to my hubby, who refuses to watch it lol, explaining to him that this girl chased him down and jareds passive-aggressiveness and he was like " thts not a good start!!

10 hours ago, leighdear said:

As over-the-top as Ashley always acted, her dress didn't look like anything special.  A strapless, lace ballgown.  So?  Her rehearsal outfit was juvenile and so Disney.

Quite a lineup of Bachelor has-beens and wannabes.  Of course Ben was there, he's ALWAYS there, Carly & Evan need to get away from their 22 kids, Becca T looks old & worn out and Elan looks like some homeless guy they found going through the dumpster behind the venue.  What a bunch of winners. 

I adore this franchise but do not watch the weddings-

• Love 2
19 hours ago, chocolatine said:

seriously does everything have to boil down to race??annelise is a pathetic desparate loser who would cry if her blow up doll man popped. no race involved. and the stuff she said to clay--I almost sensed jelousy. one thing about this franchise, you see a lot of different colors and races dating and being attracted to each other and I think its great.

• Love 10
4 hours ago, nlkm9 said:

seriously does everything have to boil down to race??annelise is a pathetic desparate loser who would cry if her blow up doll man popped. no race involved. and the stuff she said to clay--I almost sensed jelousy. one thing about this franchise, you see a lot of different colors and races dating and being attracted to each other and I think its great.

Lol Annalise is just extremely emotional, bless her heart. 

I also love that this show has people of different colors dating. 🙂

• Love 5

Well, isn't this interesting:

“At the start, he said, ‘I don’t want to do it, I know there is a line between the reality show and bringing in that,'” said Wendt, 35. “You shouldn’t be hanging out before the show anyway, and he knew that. He knew it’s against our contract, you’re not supposed to be mingling with everybody, you are supposed to wait until the beach.”

“But once he kind of crossed that line, and they had that relationship prior to, he was trying to go to the beach fresh, and say, ‘Let’s just start fresh,’ and she obviously didn’t think that way,” Wendt added. “She was very [hurt] about what had happened before. And I think once he saw the reaction, like, Twitter can be very intimidating when you start hearing your name being thrown around as the worst person, compared to all the other villains. He got really, I guess anxiety, and the crazy panic attack he had.”

“I think it’s hard to say he did the right thing, but in his mind, that made the most sense,” the he added. “I feel like even now, he’s a little happy. I feel like it did a little bit of relief to him, because he felt like he was being attacked for not everything that was fully true. “

“Even though he is guilty in a lot of ways and definitely not proud of his actions, he definitely feels like he was misrepresented by her interviews on the show,” Wendt said.

https://people.com/tv/bachelor-in-paradise-kevin-wendt-talks-blake-caelynn-texts/

Edited by DEL901
  • Useful 1

More Ashley and Jared wedding stuff.....

https://people.com/peopletv/video/bs/0000016c-8c81-de06-a36c-cd9558550000/ashley-iaconetti-jared-haibon/

I would love to know what that wedding cost! And how much was comped?? How can they afford it?? People Magazine had exclusives for all of it. I am sure they got money for that. It was a gorgeous wedding, like a dream come true. Wasn't Jared a restaurant manager or something the first time he went on The Bachelorette? They are in Italy on their honeymoon, with an amazing view of the Amalfi Coast.

• Love 2

Hold on, everyone. Hannah B just said what Demi does is NOT the same as what Jed did. Glad she could clear things up with all her sage wisdom. Because if there’s one thing we’ve learned about Hannah, she’s an excellent judge of character 🙄

https://www.etonline.com/hannah-brown-shuts-down-the-demi-burnett-jedd-wyatt-comparison-not-the-same-130572

on another note, glad Tanner is speaking for a lot of us who wish the show would stop with all the pre-planning crap that goes on. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6