Type keyword(s) to search

Bachelor in Paradise in the Media

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, Token said:

I can't believe that Amanda is only 28 years old.  Woman looks ridden hard!

Wait, after all this time she's still only 28? Hasn't she been part of the cult...um, Bachelor Family for like a decade now? Or does it just seem like that because time goes much slower in the Bachelor Nation?

• Love 7

I just listened to it and recommend a listen.  Reality Steve comes off a bit too gleeful ( Like when you get your heart broken by a player and your girlfriends are a little too pointed in the ‘I told you so’).  However Jordan seems completely dazed and blind-slighted.  He’s not making quips or talking a mile a minute.  He dropped his persona and it’s really honest.  He sounds like he just got a bombshell and is in the first stage of denial.  He doesn’t deny the messages or betrayal but is in the protective of the partner stage denial part. (I know I did that for a while after my ex of 8 years broke up with me via phone.  It staves off the humiliation)

TLDR: listen to it.  It’s free.

• Love 7
8 hours ago, Token said:

I can't believe that Amanda is only 28 years old.  Woman looks ridden hard!

5 hours ago, Mabinogia said:

Wait, after all this time she's still only 28? Hasn't she been part of the cult...um, Bachelor Family for like a decade now? Or does it just seem like that because time goes much slower in the Bachelor Nation?

It does seem longer, but she's only been part of "Bachelor Family" for three years, since Ben Higgins's season. She claimed she was 25 back then, so her being 28 now is consistent with that. I say "claimed" because in her bio back then she said she was using Botox and fillers in her face. The question was something along the lines of "do you maintain a beauty regimen?" so it definitely didn't require full disclosure. I was taken aback that someone who is - or claims to be - 25 is openly admitting to using injectables. The only women I know who admit to that are over 40.

• Love 4
23 hours ago, backformore said:

If it turns out Jordan was in on it all along -    What a hilarious scam on the whole Bachelor  franchise!  

And since it would be so fitting with his pre-paradise personality, I kind of hope he WAS in on it. 

IF Clay hadn't already been picked, I'd wonder if this was some kind of long con by Jordan and Jenna to make him the next Bachelor. But all this came out weeks after Colton was publicly announced, which means there won't be another Bachelor for a year, by which time Jordan will be old news. And ITA with everyone who says he'd make a terrible Bachelor.

14 hours ago, chocolatine said:

It does seem longer, but she's only been part of "Bachelor Family" for three years, since Ben Higgins's season. She claimed she was 25 back then, so her being 28 now is consistent with that. I say "claimed" because in her bio back then she said she was using Botox and fillers in her face. The question was something along the lines of "do you maintain a beauty regimen?" so it definitely didn't require full disclosure. I was taken aback that someone who is - or claims to be - 25 is openly admitting to using injectables. The only women I know who admit to that are over 40.

It's bizarre but I know a lot of women here, in their 20s, who openly admit to using Botox, etc.  It's sad.  Beautiful young women shoving needles in their faces in the name of (supposed) beauty.

• Love 2

I just listened to the Reality Steve podcast, and I didn't hear a bit of "glee" in his tone.  He was very sympathetic to Jordan, kept him on track with getting the timeline of events and I thought, showed a lot of compassion for a guy that blew hot & cold a LOT on screen. 

Steve always talks rapidly, and was matching Jordan's verbal pace, which was pretty fast.  As if he wanted to get it all out and get on with the processing.  Steve said they talked a lot in the past day, and you could tell Jordan was subdued, but very comfortable talking to Steve. 

That podcast was almost on par with Steve getting on video, the ending of Andi's season by Nick Viall's own big, fat, flapping mouth.  

I don't care much what happens next, as I see Jordan as a franchise poster boy for a while, and Jenna being vilified for a while.  And life goes on.  

• Love 7

This actually makes me sad. I initially found Jordan to be an obnoxious self-parodying pretty boy, but imo Jenna revealed him to be a very caring, loving guy. I wanted them to make it. You could stand in a puddle of Jenna and not get your feet wet, but that vibe worked for them. Good for him for handling it maturely and refusing to trash talk her.

• Love 12
On 9/12/2018 at 11:38 PM, chocolatine said:

I personally know women in their 20s and 30s who admit to using Botox at the very least.  Kaitlyn Bristowe also admitted to this on Instagram.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
1 hour ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I personally know women in their 20s and 30s who admit to using Botox at the very least.  Kaitlyn Bristowe also admitted to this on Instagram.

They use it as a preventative so the wrinkles don’t develop.   I blame the Kardashian’s.

• Love 2
On 2018-09-13 at 8:48 PM, leighdear said:

I just listened to the Reality Steve podcast, and I didn't hear a bit of "glee" in his tone.  He was very sympathetic to Jordan, kept him on track with getting the timeline of events and I thought, showed a lot of compassion for a guy that blew hot & cold a LOT on screen. 

Steve always talks rapidly, and was matching Jordan's verbal pace, which was pretty fast.  As if he wanted to get it all out and get on with the processing.  Steve said they talked a lot in the past day, and you could tell Jordan was subdued, but very comfortable talking to Steve. 

That podcast was almost on par with Steve getting on video, the ending of Andi's season by Nick Viall's own big, fat, flapping mouth.  

I don't care much what happens next, as I see Jordan as a franchise poster boy for a while, and Jenna being vilified for a while.  And life goes on.  

Whooo, Kurt Vonnegut reference!

I've always felt that Jordan had a lot of the entertainer to him, and the producers encouraged him to go ahead without inhibition. I didn't take his negative comments seriously, nor his bouts of anger. But it looked like his feelings for Jenna were genuine. I have no idea why, I found her pretty charmless and unintelligent from the get go, but that's the way love goes sometimes, I guess. Now when I see photos of her, I see she is as fake as her personality. I hope this whole experience rips apart her fake "business" and we never see a redemption arc or "closure" for Jordan. Here we have a real-life case of a broken heart for The Bachelor, unlike totally manufactured Colton. I am hoping he will come back and headline his own Bachelor one day - maybe in a couple of years. I guarantee it would be fun and interesting, unlike January's Must Miss TV (which I am definitely not watching). 

• Love 4

Just popping in to say that it's disappointing that Reality Steve teased us on Twitter with "more to come" and even the Carpenters' song "We've Only Just Begun," only to suddenly go radio silent the last few days with regard to the Jordan and Jenna situation. (At least, I haven't seen anything from him since last week.)

My assumption at this point is that one of the following is likely true:

• RS is saying nothing further on the advice of his attorney (though the interview has not been taken down)
  • RS is saying nothing further simply because a lot of stuff was uncovered and Jordan personally requested that he not run with it until Jordan has a chance to sort it out/talk to Jenna. 

I guess it could be something else, too, and we'll find out eventually. But a small update, even if it's just "I can't comment further yet," would not have been out of line.

Edited by adhoc
  • Love 4

I think Jordan had enough clues, prior to Reality Steve's revelation, that he realized Jenna wasn't what she made herself out to be when in "Paradise".  Why should he come out more publicly and shine the spotlight on how he had been "had".  He's hurt, embarrassed, and wants the entire thing to just go away.

Jenna was caught pretty much red-handed.  She really doesn't have any excuse and is hoping that silence will make this whole thing go away and she can attempt to continue with a normal life.

• Love 1
16 hours ago, chocolatine said:

Despite getting the worst judges' score on the first night of DWTS, Joe managed to survive the elimination. He must have a big enough fan base who watches both shows.

Yes, that's evidence that he does have a pretty big fan base.  I haven't watched DTWS in years, but I tuned in just to see him.  He was truly awful and you could tell that he was nervous, so I think the fans wanted to give him another chance to see if he would improve.  I think he will improve (how could he get any worse? lol) but I don't expect him to win.  

• Love 4

Come on, does anybody REALLY believe that the fans votes have ANYTHING to do with where these people place?  

I think ABC took a risk with Joe.  They put him in a VERY visible arena on DWTS and invested time & money in showcasing him.  He sucks.  They can't let their investment just dribble down the drain.  So they make sure he doesn't leave the first week. 

Surely I can't be the only person that thinks NOTHING on this show has ever been left to chance, and that "votes" have never actually been legitimately counted? 

Seriously?

Edited by leighdear
  • Love 4

I don’t care how good looking Joe is.  Watching him dance is like listening to William Hung sing.

And you guys, Jenna has completed the initial forensic investigation.  I don’t know what that means, and am too bored to find out.  

• Love 1
On 9/28/2018 at 12:15 PM, leighdear said:

Come on, does anybody REALLY believe that the fans votes have ANYTHING to do with where these people place?  

I think ABC took a risk with Joe.  They put him in a VERY visible arena on DWTS and invested time & money in showcasing him.  He sucks.  They can't let their investment just dribble down the drain.  So they make sure he doesn't leave the first week. 

Surely I can't be the only person that thinks NOTHING on this show has ever been left to chance, and that "votes" have never actually been legitimately counted? 

Seriously?

I’m pretty sure that as a competitive reality show, there are certain game show rules that DWTS must adhere to. But that aside, I’ll ask this - does anyone really think Joe is some huge investment for ABC and DWTS? And that what, if he he'd been eliminated in Week 1 it would hurt the show so badly? Uh yeah, that’s giving the Bachelor franchise a little too much credit and importance. DWTS hasn’t lasted as long as it has because it needs Bachelor franchise rejects. 

These people appear on the show for simple cross promotion because it’s the same network. It’s no different than Big Brother contestants who appear on Survivor or The Amazing Race. Joe survived despite his crappy dancing because as someone noted above, it’s a phone voting show, which means it’s essentially a popularity contest. And he had his contingent of fan girls who think he’s perfect and adorable, despite his crappy dancing.

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, phlebas said:

Has Jenna announced the name of the True Villain What Wants To Break Up Her And Jordan yet?

She posted on IG today that the "forensic analysis" of her phone showed that she didn't send the texts that RS posted. She said she can't yet post the name of the person who did this, but she will in a few weeks. 

I think Joe not being a good dancer doesn’t make him a bad person. The show is supposed to be about people who are not professional dancers . Now it is mostly Disney actors who have plenty of dance experience and a few sports people thrown in. I don’t understand people being so angry at Joe because he took what was a very good offer. 

• Love 14
3 minutes ago, Madding crowd said:

I think Joe not being a good dancer doesn’t make him a bad person. The show is supposed to be about people who are not professional dancers . Now it is mostly Disney actors who have plenty of dance experience and a few sports people thrown in. I don’t understand people being so angry at Joe because he took what was a very good offer. 

Agree, he seems like a decent, normal guy, just with 2 left feet and bad taste in women!  ;-)   Nobody in their right mind would turn down the cash!  And I don't like the "ringers" either.  

• Love 11
On ‎10‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 8:07 AM, Madding crowd said:

exactly!  The show is supposed to be about people who are "stars" (however that is defined)  learning how to do something out of their comfort zone.   It is annoying when the stars who are competing are not coming from similar levels of dance experience.  Teaching a hip-hop dancer to do ballroom dancing is a different task than teaching a grocery store owner to do ballroom dancing.   

On ‎9‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 10:33 PM, truthaboutluv said:

Joe survived despite his crappy dancing because as someone noted above, it’s a phone voting show, which means it’s essentially a popularity contest. And he had his contingent of fan girls who think he’s perfect and adorable, despite his crappy dancing.

On ‎9‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 10:33 PM, truthaboutluv said:

I’m pretty sure that as a competitive reality show, there are certain game show rules that DWTS must adhere to.

NO , it's not a serious competition.   Yes, the stars get paid for appearing on the show, but the "prize"  is the trophy.   They're not competing for a million dollars, they're competing for a mirrored disco-ball trophy.  

And the judges score the dancers anyway, the judges scores are combined with audience scores to determine who gets eliminated.  So there aren't really rules, the judges can score according to whatever they want.  And the judges have said that they judge according to an individual's progress and ability, not in comparison to the others. 

Calling Joe a "crappy dancer"  isn't really fair, because the spirit of the show is about taking crappy dancers and turning them into good dancers.  The show has also included people with various levels of disability, which further pushes the narrative that anyone can learn to dance.  

• Love 7
21 minutes ago, backformore said:

NO , it's not a serious competition.   Yes, the stars get paid for appearing on the show, but the "prize"  is the trophy.   They're not competing for a million dollars, they're competing for a mirrored disco-ball trophy.  

Be that as it may, it is still billed as a competitive reality show. 

And the judges score the dancers anyway, the judges scores are combined with audience scores to determine who gets eliminated.  So there aren't really rules, the judges can score according to whatever they want.  And the judges have said that they judge according to an individual's progress and ability, not in comparison to the others. 

I know how the scoring on DWTS works as I've watched DWTS since its first season.

Calling Joe a "crappy dancer"  isn't really fair, because the spirit of the show is about taking crappy dancers and turning them into good dancers. 

How is it unfair to say Joe is a crappy dancer when Joe himself would say he cannot dance and likely call himself a crappy dancer? There is no "spirit" of the show. That's a fan myth that's been peddled for years when people want to defend why they dislike ringers or want to vote for this or that person. The only thing DWTS was ever described and sold as, is teaching celebrities how to ballroom dance. That's it. There was never any statement or declaration of the competitors having to have zero dance or performance background. 

That said, all of this is moot to my point regarding the idea that there was some conspiracy or plan to keep Joe in because he's some big investment for ABC. I'm sorry, I stand by my opinion that that's ridiculous. DWTS doesn't NEED Grocery Store Joe to keep their ratings going so I don't buy there's any conspiracy to keep him in the competition. It's simply that he has fans and so likely gets way more viewer votes than some who are better dancers because yes, when you invite the public to vote, the show essentially becomes a popularity contest.

Not unlike American Idol, The Voice, So You Think You Can Dance, etc. How many times were the so-called "best" debated with these shows after the winner was announced? People like who they like and vote for that person. And your comment above about the "spirit" of the show is another reason why someone like Joe sticks around. Not because of some big conspiracy but because there are people who will say, "well he's literally an ordinary guy with no performance background and so I'll vote for him because this is harder for him than someone like Tinashe who's been performing her whole life". And the next thing you know, Joe keeps sticking around. That was really the point of my original comment. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, truthaboutluv said:

And your comment above about the "spirit" of the show is another reason why someone like Joe sticks around. Not because of some big conspiracy but because there are people who will say, "well he's literally an ordinary guy with no performance background and so I'll vote for him because this is harder for him than someone like Tinashe who's been performing her whole life". And the next thing you know, Joe keeps sticking around. That was really the poin of my original comment. 

True.   People aren't voting, necessarily for the best dancer, they're voting for who they want to see stay in the competition and compete next week.  And that's OK, because all ABC needs is for people to watch, so they can sell advertisers commercial time based on how large the audience is.  So sometimes the people who get votes are getting those votes based on a prior fandom, or on being cute, or funny, whatever.  It's not based on pure dancing talent. 

The difference, though, between DWTS and a show like American Idol, is that there's no million dollar record deal, or TV appearances based on dancing talent, for the winner.  It's just a trophy. It's not a career-making contract.  

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, truthaboutluv said:

Not unlike American Idol, The Voice, So You Think You Can Dance, etc. How many times were the so-called "best" debated with these shows after the winner was announced? People like who they like and vote for that person. And your comment above about the "spirit" of the show is another reason why someone like Joe sticks around. Not because of some big conspiracy but because there are people who will say, "well he's literally an ordinary guy with no performance background and so I'll vote for him because this is harder for him than someone like Tinashe who's been performing her whole life". And the next thing you know, Joe keeps sticking around. That was really the point of my original comment. 

Actually, So You Think you Can Dance always said they were looking for America's Favorite dancer.  Which I thought was a very honest way to put it.

Edited by DEL901
  • Love 5
Just now, DEL901 said:

Actually, So You Think you Can Dance always said they were looking for America's Favorite dancer.  Which I thought was a very honest way to put it.

Exactly. They actually used to say Best Dancer in the first few seasons but after a number of seasons where the most technically proficient dancer didn't win because they weren't as popular, they started just saying, "Favorite Dancer".

It’s fair to say Joeis a crappy dancer.  Because he IS a crappy dancer.  He’s actually quite awful.  His whole persona is terrible for TV.

hes pretty.  That’s it.  They should have picked Jordan.  

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Mu Shu said:

It’s fair to say Joeis a crappy dancer.  Because he IS a crappy dancer.  He’s actually quite awful.  His whole persona is terrible for TV.

hes pretty.  That’s it.  They should have picked Jordan.  

I think it's pretty clear to everyone by now that you don't like Joe.   ; )

• Love 10
41 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

I think it's pretty clear to everyone by now that you don't like Joe.   ; )

I think he’s as fake as that rheumy eyed Kendall.  you have to admit he’s a terrible dancer who gives you second hand embarrassment watching him fumble around.  It’s just cringy.  

The good news is that we don’t have to fight for him anymore.  That ship has sailed, and I have put away my melee weapons and tridents.  Which could be a melee weapon. 

Man, you are right.  I really dislike this pair of jokers.  I should light a candle or something. 

• Love 4
45 minutes ago, Mu Shu said:

I think he’s as fake as that rheumy eyed Kendall.  you have to admit he’s a terrible dancer who gives you second hand embarrassment watching him fumble around.  It’s just cringy.  

He's no faker than the rest of 'em, and I've already said he's a terrible dancer.  However, it's the terrible dancing that makes him adorable and I'm not embarrassed because it's not me up there on stage.  

• Love 12
On 10/1/2018 at 12:58 PM, chocolatine said:

She posted on IG today that the "forensic analysis" of her phone showed that she didn't send the texts that RS posted. She said she can't yet post the name of the person who did this, but she will in a few weeks. 

This is just double speak for “I didn’t send the texts to RS”. Which nobody is debating. The GUY sent Jenna’s texts to RS. She’s just trying to confuse people. 

• Love 2

Does anyone else think this whole Jenna thing is a fake way for her to try to stay relevant? I mean, it's sooo convoluted and stupid. And all she's doing is keeping herself in the spotlight by saying such informative things as "I didn't do it. I know who did but I can't tell you yet so follow me on (insert current social media spot here) and stay tuned while I try to sell you self tanning creams and ugly clothes."

• Love 7
10 hours ago, Mabinogia said:

Does anyone else think this whole Jenna thing is a fake way for her to try to stay relevant? I mean, it's sooo convoluted and stupid. And all she's doing is keeping herself in the spotlight by saying such informative things as "I didn't do it. I know who did but I can't tell you yet so follow me on (insert current social media spot here) and stay tuned while I try to sell you self tanning creams and ugly clothes."

Yes.  They all do, but use different stories.  Anneliese is pedaling her love story lost on Instagram with some pretty good nipple shots ( she’s wearing clothes), Beckah moved from going after Leo because she has a new revenue generating unit(Babies clean up on Instagram), and Jordan is pedaling his penis, heartbroken model shots.  Even Jacqueline, who looks rather bird like in still shots, is trying to cash in.

• Love 2

This story is getting so confusing! What would either of them  stand to gain by this charade? If they are playing us for publicity, aren’t they better to be fake engaged for a while and ride the Bachelor nation gravy train, then break up amicably once their Instagram followers have hit an acceptable level?

• Love 5