Type keyword(s) to search

Bachelor in Paradise in the Media

• Start Topic

I promise you I am not normally one of those font nazis (excuse me, "typeface" nazis), but can we please just talk for a minute about the horrible, horrible font/typeface for the title card of BiP?  At least what they've shown in the promo.  

OY45BG2.png

I mean, is it just me, or is that some serious circa 1982 comic font going on?  It just looks cheap.  But then, given the show maybe that was on purpose.  Truth in marketing!! :-)

• Love 2

I promise you I am not normally one of those font nazis (excuse me, "typeface" nazis), but can we please just talk for a minute about the horrible, horrible font/typeface for the title card of BiP?  At least what they've shown in the promo.  

OY45BG2.png

I mean, is it just me, or is that some serious circa 1982 comic font going on?  It just looks cheap.  But then, given the show maybe that was on purpose.  Truth in marketing!! :-)

Lol! You totally nailed it! All the show needs now is a catchy theme song with words that describe the premise of the show. Oh, no doubt we can have some fun with that!

Let's see... One couplet will definitely have to rhyme "Paradise" and "pubic lice."

• Love 1

Hey guys!  The new preview they just aired during the Bachelorette ATFR made it look like someone get murdered and someone gets arrested for it.  Do you think I should be worried?  *Eyeroll*

(Also, due to the ambulance and handcuffs shots, I am going to go ahead and change the name of the spoiler thread to the full-on version of "Somebody's Going to Emergency, Somebody's Going to Jail.")

I saw something somewhere (sorry that's as accurate as my brain gets these days) the show is deciding between Nick and Farmer Chris for the next bachelor.  Could they be considering a double bachelor season?

I've disliked Chris since the episode where he had just said something critical about one of the other guys (Nick?) and then he stretched back with his arms behind his head and lifted his upper lip in a self-satisfied, tooth sucking snarl.  I swear it was ugly and made me think he has a mean side.  Now, I want him to be TB so I can watch for it.

I saw something somewhere (sorry that's as accurate as my brain gets these days) the show is deciding between Nick and Farmer Chris for the next bachelor.  Could they be considering a double bachelor season?

You know they announced Chris as TB, right?  Nick was never in the running.

Edited by Bugs Meany

You didn't dream it, Judy - ABC was running ads earlier in the week before the announcement teasing that the choices were Chris, Nick, or "somebody else".

But I agree that Nick was never truly in the running - the Bachelorverse is like the mafia, once you go against "the family", you're dead to the franchise, unless you get recirculated on the off-season shows as a villian. No way was he ever going to play a lead role.

• Love 3

According to R.S. it was Aire that was in the running for the Bachelor as well.  But yeah Andi's season was already conditioning Chris to be the next Bachelor.  He got the usual sweet, humble ready to fall in love and got his heart broken edit.  It's almost an exact carbon copy of Sean from whats-her-face's season and Ben F. & Juan Paul, etc. etc.

Edited by Dirtybubble
  • Love 1

Yay! I hope they change it up a bit because it obvious that once people coupled off there wasn't any chance for the newer players. And crossing my fingers for Elise to return for round 2.

I think there will be some small changes to the format but I don't expect anything major as Fleiss and company seem to really like the existing format.  Maybe they'd make it where if you are asked out on a date, you have to go.  

• Love 2
Maybe they'd make it where if you are asked out on a date, you have to go

Yes - but you still have the issue of someone like Robert saying "Ask my girl out and I'll kill you." (paraphrased, but close)

I sort of like having the producers pair people up.  So the date card specifies who is going on the date.  Knowing ABC, this will turn into asking the TV audience to tweet their choices for who dates whom.  

• Love 1

Why not send the women out on a group adventure.  Then the newcomer, who of course would be woman arrives only to find the group of men waiting.  She has a date card, and it's up to the men to say they aren't available.

Alternately, send the men on a group adventure.  The newcomer man arrives to the women left behind.

Then the whole date thing has to be settled before the other group returns.

• Love 6
Why not send the women out on a group adventure.  Then the newcomer, who of course would be woman arrives only to find the group of men waiting.  She has a date card, and it's up to the men to say they aren't available.

Alternately, send the men on a group adventure.  The newcomer man arrives to the women left behind.

I like the idea of the original couples not being in the same room, but I think it would be more fun if the group that's not eligible to be picked for dates that week could still watch the newbie select their date. Imagine the epic commentary we would get from AshLee while she watches a video of a new girl selecting Graham for a date and couldn't "intervene" like she did that time with Clare.

• Love 1

I like the idea of the original couples not being in the same room, but I think it would be more fun if the group that's not eligible to be picked for dates that week could still watch the newbie select their date. Imagine the epic commentary we would get from AshLee while she watches a video of a new girl selecting Graham for a date and couldn't "intervene" like she did that time with Clare.

They would definitely need more raccoons on call if they did it this way.

• Love 5

Guess the great sex was no longer enough. Cody and Michelle are over. I would say I'm shocked but that would be a lie.

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/bachelor-in-paradise-stars-michelle-money-cody-sattler-split-20141812

For real? I checked in on them on Twitter a month or two back and they seemed to be ok. But I know "seemed" and "is" are 2 different things. Yet, I saw this bumped up and knew it was them.

I guess Lacey & Marcus are still on?

I love the blurb at the end of the Vallarta Daily story:

This story was updated on January 30, 2015 to make the distinction between The Bachelor and The Bachelor in Paradise, which are separate productions. The official tourism release indicated The Bachelor was being filmed without specifying the series The Bachelor in Paradise, a different production from the original. Thank you reality TV fans for questioning these details.

New info indicates that Carly didn't attend Zac's wedding 2 weekends ago in Ireland, but she DID attend their reception here in the US last weekend.  So that explains the photos.  

So who is ready for a FOURTH hour of Paradise this summer!??!

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/07/17/bachelor-in-paradise-after-show?hootPostID=1b89f32ecece2c36219451f69b4c075e

Be interesting to see who they bring in for the weekly chat fests. I guess some of them will be very eager to be on!

OMG. I think this might be a 5th hour! 8-10 on Sundays and Mondays with the "Watch What Happens Live" rip-off from 10-11 on Mondays. If this show is as good as last year, I'm in for as much footage as they'll throw at us. This series is gold for Wrong Reasons viewers. I just wish we weren't coming off such a Wrong Reasons Bachelorette season. Paradise/Pad has always been a fun summer popcorn show that I'd look forward to while watching the Journeys of the Bachelor/ettes the rest of the year. But I feel like I'm in Wrong Reasons sensory overload with 2 hours a week of Kaitlyn's season. 5 hours of Paradise might be more Wrong Reasons than I can handle! Maybe they'll surprise us with a romantic Journey or two amongst the debauchery.

• Love 3

My understanding is that the Sunday night show is only going to be one hour, with Monday being the regular two followed by the after show for a total of 4.  At least that's what I've chosen to tell myself.

• Love 1

This series is gold for Wrong Reasons viewers. I just wish we weren't coming off such a Wrong Reasons Bachelorette season.

I'm all wrong reasons all the time. I'm in for every trashy, glorious hour unless they are just repeats or rehashes of what's been seen. Otherwise I'm in. I'm unashamedly all in.
  • Love 1

Has anyone seen the promo during Bachelorette MTA tonight? Not the one during the show, but the one coming back from commercials? It answered two of my most burning questions: (a) is Ashley S still crazy, and (b) is wildlife involved. The answers, to my delight, seem to be yes and yes.

• Love 4

IMO, that promo confirmed that Ashley S was indeed cast only to play the role of Crazy Girl and she's playing it to the hilt. Hope she had fun and made some friends along the way, too, because girl is no fool.

• Love 4

I could understand not being "officially" married in Mexico... There's a lot of paperwork involved. But most couples that I know who do the destination wedding come back to the States and do a Justice of the Peace ceremony. I wonder if all this means is that Marcus and Lacy are planning a real wedding to have in the States.

• Love 2

Destination weddings aren't all they're cracked up to be. I got married in Turks and Caicos. We waited three months (!) for our marriage certificate to show up back home so that we could file it in the US. Finally we gave up and went to the judge in town to make it legal. The certificate arrived like the next week. But it causes some issues because we both consider our wedding in Turks and Caicos to be our wedding anniversary and neither one of us can remember what the "legal" date is. Anyway, this long-winded response is to say that maybe it was legal in Mexico but they just didn't get the paperwork to file in the states yet. Though I suppose there's an 80/40 chance no one thought to get a marriage licence in Mexico and it wasn't supposed to be fake but they thought the show was handling everything--and somehow didn't know they would need to sign legal documents.

• Love 2
I actually thought she did a decent job and look forward to seeing what she says through out the season.

Yeah I enjoyed reading it as well and I liked the little behind-the-scenes tidbits about her and her sis getting on the show.