Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: The Hot Tub

• Start Topic

The Small Talk topic is for:

• Introductions
  • Off-topic chatter
  • Having virtual tea with forum buddies

This is NOT a topic for actual show discussion. When you want to talk about the show:
  1. Figure out the nature of the topic you want to talk about
  2. Look for an existing topic that matches or fits
  3. If there is NOT an existing topic that fits, CREATE ONE!

Examples of topics that populate show forums include (but by no means are limited to):

• Character topics
  • Episode topics
  • Season topics
  • Spoiler topics
  • Speculation topics
  • In the Media topics
  • Favourite X topics
  • ...you get the idea

Happy trails beyond Small Talk!

FWIW, a friend of a friend took AshLee Frazier to the Texans game vs the Colts last night. She looked gorgeous and down to earth.  (Like Tshirt & jeans, normal human amounts of makeup).  

• Love 1

Isn't Mexico where there's bad alcohol and the woman died from a mixed drink at some resort there?  I'm assuming that the producers have checked the alcohol on BIP to make sure it's legit.

I’m not sure which thread “Love Island” was brought up in—plus it’s off topic—so just bringing my thoughts here. Holy bleep! I am 5 MINUTES into season 1 and I already need to fan myself. I couldn’t even wait for everyone to arrive before hitting pause and coming here to reiterate the PSA to view. These are seriously all the hottest people i’ve ever seen in my life and they seem very single and ready to mingle. They make the Bippers look like dowdy  and chaste in comparison. “Love Island” is on Hulu—four seasons!!

• Love 1
On 8/30/2018 at 3:37 PM, JenE4 said:

I’m not sure which thread “Love Island” was brought up in—plus it’s off topic—so just bringing my thoughts here. Holy bleep! I am 5 MINUTES into season 1 and I already need to fan myself. I couldn’t even wait for everyone to arrive before hitting pause and coming here to reiterate the PSA to view. These are seriously all the hottest people i’ve ever seen in my life and they seem very single and ready to mingle. They make the Bippers look like dowdy  and chaste in comparison. “Love Island” is on Hulu—four seasons!!

I just requested a forum for Love Island (UK), so it'll have its own forum soon!

• Love 3

The decline of Western civilization is definitely advancing upon us with the help of the rampant improper pronoun usage, such as "I hope him and me will get engaged at the end of this," because it's even extending to educated, British actors. I was just reading an article about an upcoming show with David Tennant and he talks about the original novel that was written by Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman: "It's such a unique world that him and Terry have created." Gah. 

Edited by Scout Finch
  • Love 4
21 minutes ago, Scout Finch said:

I was just reading an article about an upcoming show with David Tennant and he talks about the original novel that was written by Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman: "It's such a unique world that him and Terry have created." Gah. 

Maybe Terry Pratchett and/or Neil Gaiman can give him a grammar lesson.

• Love 4
On 2018-10-07 at 5:27 PM, Scout Finch said:

The decline of Western civilization is definitely advancing upon us with the help of the rampant improper pronoun usage, such as "I hope him and me will get engaged at the end of this," because it's even extending to educated, British actors. I was just reading an article about an upcoming show with David Tennant and he talks about the original novel that was written by Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman: "It's such a unique world that him and Terry have created." Gah. 

Blerg! There goes my love for David Tennant....

• Love 2

Mu Shu said:

I just got a decent webcam and am in the process of starting a YouTube channel. There is the possibility of having a good second income stream with it.

Go for it, Mu Shu!  Awhile back I happened to click on a Jenna Marbles video because there was a dog.  I'm a sucker for all dog videos.  Well her Italian Greyhounds were cute as was her tiny dog, Marbles, for whom the channel is named, so I ended up watching almost all 29 dog videos.   

Most of her 200 plus videos are about things like how to dye your hair green, for which I'm not the target audience, but I watch some of them anyway.   Why? Because Jenna herself is a funny, kind, intelligent person and her videos are well made and entertaining.  (She doesn't spend the first three minutes telling you what she's going to tell you. )

You yourself are funny, kind and intelligent so I say go for it!  Find some subjects that are popular but not too overdone and begin.  BTW, Jenna's current networth is estimated at 4 million. 

ETA an example of Jenna and Marbles that shows glimpses of the house and pool she bought with her YouTube money.

Edited by JudyObscure
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, JudyObscure said:

You yourself are funny, kind and intelligent so I say go for it! 

Mu Shu is a hoot!  I am not a millennial, not on social media so probably not the target audience, but I'd be curious to see what s/he comes up with. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, hyacinth said:

I'll watch it!    I spent a half day once watching people opening their try-at-home Warby Parker eyeglasses.       

Can't wait to see what you come up with.     

Thanks! I have some really stupid shit planned. We will probably have a category 4 hurricane this weekend so it will probably be weeks without power if the house doesn’t get blowed away. 

20 minutes ago, Mu Shu said:

Thanks! I have some really stupid shit planned. We will probably have a category 4 hurricane this weekend so it will probably be weeks without power if the house doesn’t get blowed away. 

Stay safe!

• Love 1
13 hours ago, Mu Shu said:

Good luck! 

• Love 1

The cone has shifted north. We are out of it, but it looks iffy for central Florida to the Carolinas. The high pressure lifted, which will potentially allow a big turn to the north. 

I made my first video last night. I have quite the double chin, and have to wait for the hurricane to definitely not be a threat to remove shutters and redo it.  Not enough light to film with. I do have some footage from a local park I may work on today.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Mu Shu said:

The cone has shifted north. We are out of it, but it looks iffy for central Florida to the Carolinas. The high pressure lifted, which will potentially allow a big turn to the north. 

I made my first video last night. I have quite the double chin, and have to wait for the hurricane to definitely not be a threat to remove shutters and redo it.  Not enough light to film with. I do have some footage from a local park I may work on today.

Glad you’re safe! Be sure to send the link when you have it posted!

On 8/29/2019 at 1:27 PM, JudyObscure said:

Awhile back I happened to click on a Jenna Marbles video because there was a dog.

I clicked on your link, JudyObscure, and I ended up watching the Marbles birthday video and LOL'd more than once at her descriptions combined with Marbles modeling his clothes. "He's just a boy who likes to wear dresses," and "The tank top shows off his broad shoulders and muscular arms." All while his little grey face, squinty eyes and tongue falling out were so funny, yet adorable.

The girl has a talent for talk. And her husband (?) is pretty good with the video editing. Plus Marbles is a super model for sure.

• Love 2

I'm starting to get a sneaking suspicion that the next bachelor is going to be Tyler. Wouldn't that surprise everyone! They've worked hard at convincing us that in no way it would be him, and they do try hard to keep it a secret until the big reveal. Then in the bachelor in paradise finale preview they showed the feet of the next bachelor walking out onto the stage for the big reveal and it was just like the kind of pants TYLER wears. The shorter at the ankle kind!!

That certainly would cause a huge boost in viewership. Which they want of course.

I was walking along the beach, and promoters from Bachelor in Paradise (and The Ultimate Surfer) were there with giveaways! I told them this was my favorite show, and they took my picture as “the biggest fan in NJ.” Granted, they probably told everyone that, but I think it’s true! It’s like one of the highlights of my summer to get a BIP chapstick, lol.

FD8AF460-6F4E-42DC-BD53-0EA4AEA0BAF7.jpeg

• Love 11