Type keyword(s) to search

S15.E14: Finale, Part 1

yeswedo
  • Start Topic

Haven't watched this epi yet, NOT because I hate the stuffins out of this show (I don't, although I do sometimes love to hate it) but because it's holidays and I'm uber short on time. So came here to read and see what you were all saying so I could decide if I wanted to take a precious hour to watch on replay or if I just wanted to catch the finale next week.

I just have to make a couple comments, though, and this is all said good spiritedly because previously, if no place else, is a place where we can all come together and agree, snark or agree to disagree, whatever strikes our fancy at the time. Don't think anyone here honestly hates PR or they wouldn't still be watching. Also, I'm an avid, DIEHARD pet, animal and nature lover/ environmentalist, frequently preferring the company of animals and pets over some humans I've met. I'm also quite fond of many humans. I won't apologize, however, for getting excited about seeing Swatch. We had a Boston when hubby and I first married; he was a smart little thing, cute as all hell, and seeing Swatch makes my feels happy. Frequently, and unfortunately, for me, at least, he sometimes is the highlight of the episode. Or should I say a Swatch sighting makes the rest of the show more palatable? I wish that were not the case.

I'll probably try to catch this if for no other reason than KORS.

Finally, there have only been two finale collections in the whole of Project Runway that have taken my breath away: Jay McCarroll's and Christian Siriano's. There are many looks in each collection, over the years, I have liked and there are some where I only liked one or two looks, and there are even a couple where I wasn't exactly moved by anything. I'm kind of sad, though, because I was really looking forward to this season up to about the 3rd episode when things went sideways for me. I want to see the finale runway, but I'm not expecting to be wowed by much of anything. Hope I'm wrong.

Edited by PepperMonkey
  • Love 5

I've been MIA for a few weeks and slowly getting caught up on all my shows. As for this one well...going back a week or so, I was not the biggest Cornelius fan, but he didn't deserve to be eliminated then. This epi was disappointing. IDK if it is the lack of time or the budget or the endless nonsense challenges, but I wonder if we've really seen what any of these designers can do. I've gone from cautiously optimistic at the start of this season to despairing. And wishing we were done already. Didn't need two long episodes of this. Overall unimpressing. I'm hoping for a Rik or Roberi win ( I always thought he was a dark horse) but unless we get a bait and switch it looks to be Erin. Yay. My love of Laurance has waned over the season. I like her, but not her stuff. So I guess we'll see soon.

• Love 1
On 12/16/2016 at 10:49 AM, KittyK said:

I hadn't notice and had to search for a photo of Nina's dress. You're right!  The dress looks frumpy on her.

Frumpy Nina.jpg

That photo could be entitled "Heidi.  And Heidi, I ain't".   Yikes. 

• Love 3

I've been out of town and before watching this I decided to skim the replies.  Sigh, Erin.  I have no desire to see such a one trick pony win and it sounds like she is going to win this from reading the comments.  I love Project Runway and have watched and rewatched my fave seasons & winners many times but lately the show seems to celebrate mediocrity.  I repeat sigh, Erin.  She puts things - flowers, pieces of material, etc -  on big boxy clothes.  I think I'll wait to see if they do indeed crown her and if so, just delete the ep.      

• Love 5
  On ‎12‎/‎16‎/‎2016 at 10:49 AM, KittyK said:

I hadn't notice and had to search for a photo of Nina's dress. You're right!  The dress looks frumpy on her.

Frumpy Nina.jpg

That photo could be entitled "Heidi.  And Heidi, I ain't".   Yikes. 

I actually like that dress. But not on her. I don't think it fits her body type, but it does fit the oddly youthful generation thing she's been going for all season so......yay for her?

• Love 1
On 12/17/2016 at 1:18 PM, sleepyjean said:

I don't understand why we had to sit through the Sally beauty consultations the day before the preview, and then sit through another discussion about makeup the morning of the preview. Never mind. Of course I know why. Product placement. But what a waste of our time.

The "design a logo" twist was pretty pointless. It didn't add any interest or tension. But I did think it's cool that Roberi could shorten his name to Ro.Pa. Ropa means clothing in Spanish. So appropriate.

They had to sneak in the "At Sally Beauty, we'll always make you beautiful" line somewhere in the show. I've noticed that one of the stylists throws it in during the product placement section of the show. The design a logo twist must have been one more thing to satisfy the Brothers Sewing sponsor contract. I also giggle (inwardly) when the designers are dinged for not making outfits that look expensive enough when they have the JustFab wall of accessories to help out. I mean... it's JustFab.

• Love 4

If this were a show like the Amazing Race, I'd suspect that the finale would include a challenge asking them about the outfits Nina wore this season.  They have been really odd.

• Love 7
On 12/17/2016 at 9:22 PM, leighdear said:

I don't think most of the participants in the past few seasons have attended a school of any type for fashion design, or even art.  They basically teach themselves and because they try SO hard, they delude themselves into thinking they have talent.   Sadly, the vetting / selection process is hugely flawed and now just a total joke.  It's simply an excuse for past contestants to get on camera again. 

I think it is like a first book or album... you can spend years crafting it and getting it just right.  They all pick out their best work from what could be years worth to audition with. They could have spent weeks on a single piece.  Then they show it to the judges, get on the show and now what you spent a month agonizing over you have to do in 1 day.  No wonder so many of them can't handle it.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, Gloworm said:

They had to sneak in the "At Sally Beauty, we'll always make you beautiful" line somewhere in the show. I've noticed that one of the stylists throws it in during the product placement section of the show. The design a logo twist must have been one more thing to satisfy the Brothers Sewing sponsor contract. I also giggle (inwardly) when the designers are dinged for not making outfits that look expensive enough when they have the JustFab wall of accessories to help out. I mean... it's JustFab.

I cringe every time, waiting for that Sally Beauty line. I don't know anyone that gets their beauty supplies at Sally.

What is up with this season and the gratuitous use of "dope"? I have never heard this many people talking about how "dope" everyone/thing is in my life. I feel like Laurence eventually started saying "dope" after Erin and Mah-jing's constant use of it.

• Love 1
On 12/19/2016 at 11:04 AM, Kareem said:

Frumpy Nina.jpg

Ya know, this is just a collectively bad picture moment. Check out Zac Posen, nice 'I am... a robot...' pose there. It looks soo android to me what with the slight head tilt and the chest thrust forward.

Edited by Wandering Snark
  • Love 4

Nina at times in the finale was looking to me like Margaret Hamilton as the Wicked Witch of the West.  She looks pretty good in that picture compared to some of the video.  I think it's her profile and the close-ups that are harsh for her.