Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E08: Hearts Still Beating

halgia
  • Start Topic

Both Carl and Rosita miss.  This is so annoying.

I'm glad Michonne did some recon, and there was finally confirmation about how many Saviors there are.

Rick's group joining with Hilltop and the Kingdom makes sense, but I can't believe how much time was wasted getting to this point.

Edited by TigerLynx
  • Love 21

These people are some awful shots.

Sad to see Spencer go, he actually was right about Rick. I don't get why more people don't have Spencer's POV.

I laughed at Nehas saying he brought Carl home and made him spaghetti. 

• Love 9

The scene with Austin sucking up to Negan reminded me of the first Diehard movie where that slimy guy sucks up to Alan Rickman and gets shot.  Nothing good can ever happen from trying to cosy up to a sociopath.

• Love 19

Apparently Rosita and some of the others went to the Star Wars Storm Troopers academy to learn shooting. 

So now finally they will try to team up, I wonder what will get Carol and Morgan on board?

Ladies (and gentlemen) it's been an honor and a privilege.  And you're the only thing that kept me handing on through this season.  See you in February. 

• Love 23
3 minutes ago, candall said:

Chopped off final Live Chat thought:

I think Boots must be a woman, which is why we're only seeing gender-neutral footwear.

I JUST speculated about this with my daughter. Clearly the all-women group has to get involved somehow. Tara isn't going to spill the beans, she already told Rosita she found nothing out there. SO maybe the girl that let her go actually followed her?

• Love 9

Whoever Daryl stole that hat from will not be wanting it back.

Finally things start getting interesting at the end and now we wait till February. Makes me even madder how they wasted this half of the season.

• Love 12
2 minutes ago, Lillith said:

Apparently Rosita and some of the others went to the Star Wars Storm Troopers academy to learn shooting. 

So now finally they will try to team up, I wonder what will get Carol and Morgan on board?

Ladies (and gentlemen) it's been an honor and a privilege.  And you're the only thing that kept me handing on through this season.  See you in February. 

Spencer had some good points about Rick, but oddly enough I think Negan had some of the same feelings Carol and Morgan did - "So what you're saying is you want me to do your killing and your dirty work?"

Negan has the numbers on his side, but I so want someone to point out to Negan as he is dying - "Look what just one of us can do to you?  How did you think this was going to end?  Haven't you been paying attention?  Anywhere we go death, destruction and chaos are sure to follow."

• Love 13
9 minutes ago, bosawks said:

Huh, having intersecting storylines involving multitudes of characters made the show a lot less static and a much more vibrant viewing experience.

Who knew.....

All of us. Obviously not Kirkman et al.

• Love 10
5 minutes ago, candall said:

Chopped off final Live Chat thought:

I think Boots must be a woman, which is why we're only seeing gender-neutral footwear.

I thought boots looked small, and the portion of face shown looked feminine.  I think Cindy escaped the Lilith Fair camp.  

• Love 9

Good bye Spencer. You were... of no consequence to me whatsoever. He was right about Rick though. But lol if Rick's group hadn't made it to Alexandria at all, the unfair wolves would have slaughtered every single one of them alexandrians. Forgot about that, huh Spence.

Too bad about Olivia. That was so unnecesary. Just for the plot to get Negan to take Eugene  away, but now Rosita looks like an ass: she got a person killed and got their bullet maker taken away.

• Love 12
3 minutes ago, TigerLynx said:

Spencer had some good points about Rick, but oddly enough I think Negan had some of the same feelings Carol and Morgan did - "So what you're saying is you want me to do your killing and your dirty work?"

Negan has the numbers on his side, but I so want someone to point out to Negan as he is dying - "Look what just one of us can do to you?  How did you think this was going to end?  Haven't you been paying attention?  Anywhere we go death, destruction and chaos are sure to follow."

I agree.  Spencer wasn't wrong about Rick being a total nightmare for his community and how Rick WAS responsible for the deaths of a lot of people.  He stood up to Rick, but when Rick threatened him, he backed down.  And then he tried some sort of backdoor strategy that Negan saw all the way through.  Spencer's beef with Rick was legit but he wasn't strong enough to back it up.

• Love 7

I was a bit surprised to see Rosita with the group.  I thought she'd be considered persona non grata with CDB after the stuff she pulled that got Olivia killed AND Eugene kidnapped.  I'm curious to hear what the others will say when they hear about what she did.  I guess nobody's hands are clean though.

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, candall said:

It feels really good to be satisfied and excited for the next part of the season, instead of frustrated and angry about a cliffhanger.

Just thought I'd express my appreciation on that score.  NO cliffhanger!  Excellent.

Exactly. This time we were left with hope.

• Love 9
21 minutes ago, AimingforYoko said:

I'd be willing to bet anything that the "You guys are making me yell so much, my voice is getting hoarse" was a JDM ad-lib.

I thought the same thing, because it was even lamer than his usual, scripted dialogue.

• Love 4

. But lol if Rick's group hadn't made it to Alexandria at all, the unfair wolves would have slaughtered every single one of them alexandrians. Forgot about that, huh Spence.

But..the Wolves only found Alexandria because the group showed up. Darryl taking Aaron out of Alexandria is what made the Wolves find out about it.

Everywhere Rick brings his group they ruin the lives and the home of those people.

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 9

At last, a great episode.  I didn't enjoy how the previous episodes were broken down by different groups. But I must admit I like how everything came together tonight. We just need Carol and Morgan back with the group.

• Love 7

Should hae been Sasha aiming the bullet at Negan so we can get rid of him. Since she's a sharpshooter since Rosita stinks and hit a bat like a moron and caused Olivia to die and Eugene to be taken. Rosita is acting like a stupid ass and should have listened to Father Gabriel who really is the voice of reason. He doesn't agree with how people want to do things but has faith that they'll win out in the end.

Good riddance Spencer, won't miss your punk ass and well deserved for him dying. Being a little bitch with all that sucking up. Spencer would not make a good leader and it clearly showed. Just because your parent did it doesn't mean you're fit to do it.

I found it really stupid for Aaron and Rick to bring back the supplies with the note still there. Why didn't they throw it away or put it in one of their pockets. That was just sheer stupidity.

Looks like the 2nd half of the season is gonna be much better than the 1st half because goodness this season just sucked so far. Glad Rick finally decided to fight and listen to Maggie and Michonne.

This was the best episode of the season.

• Love 9

I laugh at the "the plague" jokes but before Alexandria what exactly did Rick & his group ruin? There might be an argument for the farm but that was herd which the Greene family would have never survived. The governor destroyed the prison. Terminus had no business luring people in got what they deserved, FPP destroyed the church, Grady Memorial was still standing when they left. Alexandria is in horrible shape but still standing. Going out looking for people was Aaron's idea not Daryls. Rick might be responsible for plenty of deaths but it's at least a 3 to 1 ratio to the ones saved.

Edited by Boofish
  • Love 22
2 minutes ago, Artsda said:

But..the Wolves only found Alexandria because the group showed up. Darryl taking Aaron out of Alexandria is what made the Wolves find out about it.

Actually, it was the other way around, Aaron took Daryl along. And if Aaron hadn't been carrying photos of Alexandria in the bag which he dropped at the Del Arno warehouse, the Wolves wouldn't have even known where to find them.

• Love 20
8 minutes ago, Artsda said:

Everywhere Rick brings his group they ruin the lives and the home of those people.

Which is why they need to have at least one person infiltrate each of the Saviors camps, cities, stations, etc.  With Rick's group's track record, Negan and the rest of the Saviors should be toast within a few months.

1 minute ago, Boofish said:

I laugh at the "the plague" jokes but before Alexandria what exactly did Rick & his group ruin? There might be an argument for the farm but that was heard which the Greene family would have never survived. The governor destroyed the prison. Terminus had no business luring people in got what they deserved, FPP destroyed the church, Grady Memorial was still standing when they left. Alexandria is in horrible shape but still standing. Going out looking for people was Aaron's idea not Daryls. Rick might be responsible for plenty of deaths but it's at least a 3 to 1 ratio to the ones saved.

I agree all the deaths haven't been Rick's or his group's fault, but I find the absolute destruction these people end up wreaking without even trying amusing.  Imagine what they could accomplish if they ever got their act together.

Negan's final words to Carl, "Damn boy, I thought you were just a serial killer in training.  I had no idea what kind of chaos and death you people can really bring to the party."

• Love 10

Is Jesus invisible in that coat and hat he wears? I'm glad he got Daryl out of Chernobyl-on-the-Potomac, but still that escape just seemed to be a bit too easy.

Did you look at the flowers in the artwork at Carol's cozy cottage?

I knew Spencer was in trouble the minute his pool game commenced with Negan. With a capital T and that rhymes with P and that stands for pool. 

I love Maggie Rhee. That's exactly how an apple pie should be consumed.

And that is how a mid-season finale should be, show. I know these people have a tough road ahead, but I hope they remember that they have survived thus far because they are smart, strong and capable of stuff and thangs beyond Negan's imagination.

See you in February.

• Love 19
6 minutes ago, wait.what said:

What you think Negan is going to do/think when he finds out Daryl escaped? 

He's going to punish Rick & co, right? Will they have time to prepare for Negan's return to Alexandria? 

I was wondering the same thing.  It seems that Alexandria has become Negan's favourite place to visit.  What happens when he shows up on an impromptu visit and notices that Rick, Carl, Michonne, Rosita etc. aren't there?  He probably knows now that Judith is Rick's so what would stop him from taking Judith to punish Rick?

• Love 3

Dear Negan: 

Please re-read Chapter Four of "The Big Book of Talking Like a Supervillain and Shit.' I believe it is entitled "What the Hell is a Metaphor?"

In it, you will discover such delightful trivia facts as "Saying 'Lucille is Hungry' does not mean to have a tea party and pretend to feed rolls to her, you fucking moron!" How the hell do people take you seriously? Eugene is gonna be running the place in a week!

• Love 17
1 hour ago, Lillith said:

Carol and Morgan still don't know about Glenn and Abe; that revelation might be enough to make them mad enough to fight.

• Love 16

Daryl's escape from The Saviors on a motorcycle couldn't have been that easy. Some of them were at ASZ but when the lady took Michonne to the camp and Michonne's view there was a lot of them still around. I can understand Jesus escaping because he's great at being stealthy.

• Love 3