Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E14: Duel

Episode Desctiption:
From TV.com

Enders, Zombies, and Wild Beasts, oh my! The Man dishes out more twisted horrors, but none of it stops Addy in her pursuit of Lucy. Meanwhile, Lucy makes The Man's life a living hell, summoning all manners of Zombie obstacles.

From Syfy web site:

It's Addy vs. The Man over the fate of Lucy, the rapidly aging zombie princess and humanity's savior

Edited by ottoDbusdriver

The young girl at the end, the one Addy gave the gun to, has a bright future in acting. She went from looking at the gun, scared of the approaching Zombie, and after shooting him, turned toward her mother with a resigned expression. You could see the change from innocence to warrior. This show has always had great casting.

Doc and 10k in the DeLoreon needs a shout-out too. A fun little bit in the middle of the episode. 

• Love 2

Yes, I thought the same about this young actress.  I was really impressed.

And bravo to Anastasia Baranova!  Addy kicked ass and Anastasia did too.  

ETA: Lucy is as obnoxious as her father.  

Edited by sisterspoon
  • Love 3

I've learned to not ask to many questions. This is Z-Nation. It doesn't make sense. BUT where the heck did those surprisingly clean, well-fed, and well-groomed people come from that Addy car jacked at the end? That lady looked like she was just running to the store for some milk. Even if I'm Addy and this is Z Nation, I'm gonna take just a couple of moments away from saving humanity to find out a little more.

• Love 3

I love the young actors that this show has found. This was an extremely fun episode. Yeah, Lucy was obnoxious, but she's Murphy's kid, so she is supposed to be. I didn't check it out yet, but I wonder if more that one actress is playing Lucy for the more subtle age-jumps. I say good job!

• Love 1
22 hours ago, Christina said:

Doc and 10k in the DeLoreon needs a shout-out too. A fun little bit in the middle of the episode. 

That was an awesome bit of randomness

14 hours ago, SoSueMe said:

I love the young actors that this show has found. This was an extremely fun episode. Yeah, Lucy was obnoxious, but she's Murphy's kid, so she is supposed to be. I didn't check it out yet, but I wonder if more that one actress is playing Lucy for the more subtle age-jumps. I say good job!

There were 2 different actresses playing Lucy within this episode -- one listed as Lucy (10 years old) and Lucy (14 years old).

Not only is Lucy's skin blue, but as we discovered her blood is blue too.  Going through accelerated puberty in the ZA has got to be rough.

16 hours ago, zibnchy said:

I've learned to not ask to many questions. This is Z-Nation. It doesn't make sense. BUT where the heck did those surprisingly clean, well-fed, and well-groomed people come from that Addy car jacked at the end? That lady looked like she was just running to the store for some milk. Even if I'm Addy and this is Z Nation, I'm gonna take just a couple of moments away from saving humanity to find out a little more.

That was odd -- not only where were they coming from, but where were they going ?  They must be getting close to Murhpytown, as that SUV had Washington state plates. That girl was a helluva shot too.  A new 10K in the making ?

Addy: "It's not personal, it's the survival of humanity."

22 hours ago, sisterspoon said:

And bravo to Anastasia Baranova!  Addy kicked ass and Anastasia did too.  

ETA: Lucy is as obnoxious as her father.  

Addy took a licking and kept on ticking -- especially when she pushed her dislocated arm back into its socket.  Nice job by Anastasia to carry the episode.

Question of the episode -- where is Lucy sending Zombie Grandpa to ? Murphytown ?  Zona ? Someplace else.

When Addy was discussing with Lucy about the Medieval torture device and how there is a lot of running in the ZA, made me think that was a reference to Roberta in Season 1.

Glad that Addy and Doc finally reconnected -- though in her condition, she really should have let Doc drive.

Edited by ottoDbusdriver
  • Love 3

I just don't want to hear Lucy screaming anymore.  Plus, maybe now that she's older she won't keep switching sides because she got on my nerves switching back and forth between The Man and Addy.

Anastasia really earned her paycheck in this episode.  

• Love 2
On 12/10/2016 at 10:50 AM, SoSueMe said:

I love the young actors that this show has found.

They all did a good job, right down to the perfectly obnoxious teenager.  I was confused though that Lucy seemed to go with the Man willingly a couple of times and not just to save Addie.  I really liked the Man's exasperated "I have a teenager" and some of his other reactions to her.   I liked that the Man was holding off on killing Addie for a while (though, why??) until he finally had to - or thought he did, because you can't kill Addie!

So is he part robotic?  He seems to have a mechanical hand and when he was shot, I thought the bullet was shown to have penetrated his body and he says something about "thanks to Kevlar" - at first I thought he meant his vest but it did look like the bullet got into his body and he pulled it out - on this show I wouldn't be surprised if he has Kevlar under his skin.  He does bleed, though right?  I want to know more.

Loved, loved, Doc, 10K and the DeLorean.  Great Scott!

• Love 1
1 hour ago, raven said:

So is he part robotic?  He seems to have a mechanical hand and when he was shot, I thought the bullet was shown to have penetrated his body and he says something about "thanks to Kevlar" - at first I thought he meant his vest but it did look like the bullet got into his body and he pulled it out - on this show I wouldn't be surprised if he has Kevlar under his skin.  He does bleed, though right?  I want to know more.

Is The Man part robotic ?  Jury is still on that, however the reason he has a robotic hand is that he chopped off his hand escaping from Murphytown several episodes ago BEFORE he traveled cross-country to kidnap Lucy.  Maybe he swung by Zona on the way to get the robotic hand installed.

As for The Man's Kevlar mention, I think his vest is made of Kevlar and while it stopped one bullet (you could see it on the outside of his vest), it only slowed down the other bullet (hey, Kevlar ain't perfect) and that's the one he dug out of his chest.

• Love 2
On 12/10/2016 at 2:09 AM, Christina said:

The young girl at the end, the one Addy gave the gun to, has a bright future in acting. She went from looking at the gun, scared of the approaching Zombie, and after shooting him, turned toward her mother with a resigned expression. You could see the change from innocence to warrior. This show has always had great casting.

The young girl at the end is actually the real life niece of Cassandra (Pisay Pao)!

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

Damn, Addy was badass.

Lucy is insufferable. And blue. BLUEEE. I can finally look a Murphy again after all this time, and now we have Lucy Blue with a Terrible Wig.

Sigh.

Also, I thought it was weird that her blood is blue. Murphy's isn't, I think.