Type keyword(s) to search

High Profile Scientologists: Tom, Travolta, and More!

• Start Topic

On 12/29/2016 at 5:17 PM, SunnyBeBe said:

As far as Suri goes, she knew that child was going to be paraded around and used like a prop.  No surprise there.

I have heard that Cruise cannot have bio kids; Suri is not biologically his and that's why he did not fight for custody.  Again, whatever is in the contract.  

Whether she was pregnant when they got together (and fudged Suri's birthdate) or got pregnant via AI is a mystery.  I do believe that Suri was born before her official birthdate.

This isn't the first time I've heard this and I'm willing to believe it's true.  Funny how his wives didn't have bio children until after they split from Tom and were with someone else. Tom shoots blanks.  Katie's pregnancy, delivery, and right after was really, really strange where nothing added up.  I think the baby is Chris Klein's.  

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 12/30/2016 at 7:57 AM, HunterHunted said:

I was in an accelerated undergrad and graduate degree program with 3 girls who were in Katie's graduating class in high school. These were 3 very smart women. They're all MDs now. Katie's grades were competitive with them in high school. I think she's got the intellect, but who knows if the relative idiocy of Hollywood stifled her ability to use her brain. I can't recall any of the women, I went to school with, saying anything about her personality.

I don't think a person who was as besotted, submissive, and naive as she appeared to be insists that her father negotiate the prenup that he did. This is a situation where a smart, opportunistic, cynical woman challenged a ruthless and opportunistic organization and they both fucked each other over--big time.

Plenty of people are book smart, but still naive especially if they are blinded by love.  I doubt Katie insisted on the prenup, I'm sure it was her DAD.  

9 hours ago, GreyBunny said:

This isn't the first time I've heard this and I'm willing to believe it's true.  Funny how his wives didn't have bio children until after they split from Tom and were with someone else. Tom shoots blanks.  Katie's pregnancy, delivery, and right after was really, really strange where nothing added up.  I think the baby is Chris Klein's.  

Nicole Kidman had both her children with Keith Urban via surrogate.  I don't think Tom is shooting blanks -Suri is his bio daughter.  However, I do believe that since Suri isn't a Scientologist, he chose to disconnect from her, but not announce it publicly like other Scientologists.  He still has an image to protect.

10 hours ago, GreyBunny said:

Does anyone remember that infamous photo of pregnant Katie in which the paparazzo caught the wind lifting up her blouse and it looked like she had a false pregnancy belly pillow on? How did that fit in the timeline?

On 12/28/2016 at 6:49 PM, spiderpig said:

US (wimp) government, please take note.

The US Courts follow the dictates of the First Amendment (freedom of religion).  Once the IRS gave it the tax exemption, all bets were off.  The price we pay for that is that cults cannot be controlled or stopped.  I watch this show because I have relatives who joined another cult years ago.  I never stop trying to understand what makes people join and stay in.  A lot of these people in the show were brought in as children.  So sad. 

Edited by GussieK
1 hour ago, juliet73 said:

Nicole Kidman had both her children with Keith Urban via surrogate.   I don't think Tom is shooting blanks -Suri is his bio daughter. 

Nicole only had her youngest daughter by surrogate; she carried Sunday herself.  Early in her marriage to Cruise she had an ectopic pregnancy, and she had a miscarriage right after he left her.  I don't think he's shooting blanks either.

Speaking of Tom and Nicole, I remember very distinctly reading an article in one of the gossip magazines about 6 months before Tom left Nicole.  I think it was US Weekly.  The article said that Nicole had been steadily pulling Tom away from Scientology for years and was on the verge of getting him to leave officially.  And then boom - Tom leaves Nicole and completely goes off the deep end with Scientology.  I have no doubt that the Church/Miscavige had everything to do with that divorce.

46 minutes ago, JenE4 said:

Does anyone remember that infamous photo of pregnant Katie in which the paparazzo caught the wind lifting up her blouse and it looked like she had a false pregnancy belly pillow on? How did that fit in the timeline?

HJsYDFk.png

2.0.jpg

Edited by CofCinci
3 hours ago, juliet73 said:

Plenty of people are book smart, but still naive especially if they are blinded by love.  I doubt Katie insisted on the prenup, I'm sure it was her DAD.  

Nicole Kidman had both her children with Keith Urban via surrogate.  I don't think Tom is shooting blanks -Suri is his bio daughter.  However, I do believe that since Suri isn't a Scientologist, he chose to disconnect from her, but not announce it publicly like other Scientologists.  He still has an image to protect.

The Church of Scientology is an organization that is known for manipulation and isolating people from their families. If Katie was naive and blinded by love, her dad could have tried to insist on a prenup and Katie quite possibly could have said no. Lots of other celebrities who are older, savvier with longer careers have married with no prenup because they thought they were so in love:

• Johnny Depp and Amber Heard
  • Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner
  • Gwen Stefani and Garvin Rossdale
  • Madonna and Guy Ritchie 
  • Paul McCartney and Heather Mills
  • Jennifer Lopez and Chris Judd
  • Jessica Simpson and Nick Lackey--Jessica was ready to sign a prenup with Tony Romo that would have penalized her if she gained more than 135lbs.
  • Roseanne and Tom Arnold. Roseanne fired her attorney when he suggested that she have Tom sign a prenup.

On the flip side, Marla Maples was actually in love with Donald Trump and signed a prenup that left her with nothing when the President elect chucked her. Britney Spears for all of her issues had Kevin Federline sign a 60 page prenup. 

My point being that by having her father review and amend the prenup especially as it related to children, Katie appears to have been a lot less naive, malleable, and controllable than Tom or the Co$ realized. I also think Katie's dad and Katie saw the shit Tom pulled with Nicole and knew to keep their guard up in the prenup. Tom alleged that he separated from Nicole 9 years and 335 days into their marriage because at 10 years, California deems a marriage as long lasting enough that you can invalidate a prenup and assets will be community property and divided as such (50/50). I think a judge ruled that Tom's allegation about the length of the marriage was not credible because Tom and Nicole celebrated their 10 year wedding anniversary with friends and family on December 24th (the date of their actual anniversary). I don't think Nicole's prenup really addressed the children or custody. Whereas, revisions to those sections by Katie's side were reportedly what kept delaying their wedding.

Edited by HunterHunted
1 hour ago, HunterHunted said:

Tom indicated that he separated from Nicole 9 years and 335 days into their marriage because at 10 years, California deems a marriage as long lasting enough that you can invalidate a prenup and assets will be community property and divided as such (50/50). I think a judge ruled that Tom's allegation of the length of the marriage was not credible because Tom and Nicole celebrated their 10 year wedding anniversary with friends and family on December 24th (the date of their actual anniversary). I don't think Nicole's prenup really addressed the children or custody. Whereas, revisions to those sections by Katie's side were reportedly what kept delaying their wedding.

That's not right...Tom and Nicole had no prenup.  Therefore under California law, if the marriage had lasted less than 10 years, Nicole would have been entitled to alimony for a period of time equal to half the length of the marriage (5 years).  If the marriage was over 10 years, she would have been entitled to lifetime alimony.  In the end, she settled for a lump sump payment rather than alimony.  

Child custody can't be determined by a prenup.  A prenup also can't relieve one party from their responsibility to pay child support.  That's because a child's rights can't be signed away in a prenup (the right to have access to a parent, the right to be supported according to the parents' means, etc).  Those things are always decided by the court.  That's why there are some billionaires paying $200,000-$400,000 per month in child support.  

Katie getting full custody of Suri and getting her out of Scientology was most definitely *not* in her prenup with Tom.  Even if it had been possible to negotiate that in a prenup, Tom never would have agreed to it.   She ambushed him with the divorce and made it clear that she would do whatever she needed to to get Suri. I think it was pretty obvious that Katie's silence about his freaky life and their freaky marriage was her big bargaining chip, and she sweetened the deal by not going after his money.

Edited by Bitsy
3 hours ago, JenE4 said:

Sometimes I think the conspiracy theorists about the conspiracy theorists are just a tad too much.  

2 hours ago, Bitsy said:

Nicole only had her youngest daughter by surrogate; she carried Sunday herself.  Early in her marriage to Cruise she had an ectopic pregnancy, and she had a miscarriage right after he left her.  I don't think he's shooting blanks either.

Speaking of Tom and Nicole, I remember very distinctly reading an article in one of the gossip magazines about 6 months before Tom left Nicole.  I think it was US Weekly.  The article said that Nicole had been steadily pulling Tom away from Scientology for years and was on the verge of getting him to leave officially.  And then boom - Tom leaves Nicole and completely goes off the deep end with Scientology.  I have no doubt that the Church/Miscavige had everything to do with that divorce.

It was talked about in the documentary Going Clear.  Miscavige didn't have the same pull with Tommy when Nicole was in the picture.  Marty Rathbun states that one of his jobs as Cruise's auditor was to end that marriage....and he was successful.  

21 hours ago, lordonia said:

This article is pure speculation of course, but Tony Ortega asked a "source" inside the Celebrity Centre to rank the top 20 biggest stars in order of the likelihood that they would defect.

I cannot believe that I never knew that Geoffrey Lewis was Juliette's father or that he was a scieo.  Weird.

I've never been a Cruise fan; I can remember distinctly being irritated with all the girls in my 8th grade class swooning over him in Top Gun.  (My loyalty was with Val Kilmer because, to my mind, Top Secret! and Real Genius were far superior films than anything in the Cruise oevure.)  But, over the years there are a couple of movies that I liked, Magnolia for one, and Eyes Wide Shut, just for the sheer absurdity of that movie.  In light of this show and knowing Kubrick demanded a lot of Cruise & Kidman during the 400 day shoot, I went googling to see if I could find out if Cruise's sequestration in London caused Miscavige consternation during the late 90s or if Kidman used the distance to try to get Cruise out of the cult.  That led to discovering that Kubrick apparently was disconnected from by one daughter, Vivian, who was in CO$ around the time of EWS and that there were all these half baked conspiracy theories that CO$ had something to do with Kubrick's death.  From a cursory look at those conspiracy theories, they seem pretty much in the tin foil category; nevertheless, this cult does spin off vastly weird shit!  But never could find anything about what CO$ did during the shoot vis a vis Cruise.  Maybe Davey snuck in Tom's carry on.  Or it could have been when Tommy Davis was up Cruise's ass all the time.

Edited by Lizzing

I think Tony Ortega's list is a little backward.   The list is based on the idea that the celebrities whose involvement is most casual are most likely to get out.  I think it's the opposite.  I think the most zealous members are the ones who are most likely to become disillusioned and angry and in need of getting the lives back that they gave up.

If you are a casual member and nobody's hassling you and you've got a full life outside of Scientology, why go through all the trouble of leaving?  Why would Juliette Lewis give up her relationship with her sister just because she's not so into Scientology anymore?

Edited by Bitsy
On 12/14/2016 at 1:50 PM, spiderpig said:

Alanna Masterson has been the subject of much derision over on The Walking Dead board.  She's a horrible actress, and they recently wasted an entire episode on her character whom nobody cared about to begin with. Does CO$ have a mole in Central Casting?

Speaking of Central Casting (which only casts background actors, no speaking roles), it's been a couple of years since I signed up, but at the time Scientologists stationed themselves outside the building passing out leaflets for "free acting lessons."  If you want to reach the kids who are fresh off the bus from Nebraska with dreams of stardom, Central Casting is often their first step into the industry.  

1 hour ago, Omega Mu said:

Speaking of Central Casting (which only casts background actors, no speaking roles), it's been a couple of years since I signed up, but at the time Scientologists stationed themselves outside the building passing out leaflets for "free acting lessons."  If you want to reach the kids who are fresh off the bus from Nebraska with dreams of stardom, Central Casting is often their first step into the industry.  

I'm reading "Going Clear" right now, and have just gotten to the section on Hollywood.  They sure enough mention this!

17 hours ago, savannah1985 said:

I wasn't sure who Geoffrey Lewis is so I looked him up and he's Charlene's dad.  (Designing Women)   That's what I think of whenever I see him on something.

I only remember him as Orville in the Clint Eastwood Every Which Way But Loose and Any Which Way You Can films.

On 12/31/2016 at 1:09 AM, GreyBunny said:

As far as Suri goes, she knew that child was going to be paraded around and used like a prop.  No surprise there.

I have heard that Cruise cannot have bio kids; Suri is not biologically his and that's why he did not fight for custody.  Again, whatever is in the contract.  

Whether she was pregnant when they got together (and fudged Suri's birthdate) or got pregnant via AI is a mystery.  I do believe that Suri was born before her official birthdate.

GRAYBunny, just wanted to post that while this was quoted as coming from me, it wasn't. I quoted it only to say that I had not heard of it before.  Not that it matters, but, just FYI. 

On 12/27/2016 at 2:43 PM, SunnyBeBe said:

I appreciate all these stories about Tom and John.  This performance by Tom C. has always blown be away. I'm not sure why.  It's just VERY bizarre to me.  I'm tying to figure out if something like that has to get COS approval.  Check out Katie in the audience.  Especially in the end, she is smiling and clapping wildly.  Hmmmmm........It did bring the house down.  lol 

Video not longer available, account has been terminated.  What was on it?  I would love to know the circumstance behind this. 

On 12/29/2016 at 10:46 PM, SiobhanJW said:

A friend of mine is good friends with Katie and from what I've been told most of what you said above isn't the case at all. 

So what is the accurate case, please. :^) 

I came across an article about celebrities that dabbled in Scientology but never really joined up and it touched on Christopher Reeve's experience that he shared in his book

A few years before he got Superman, he took a "free personality test" from Scientologists drumming up membership at a grocery store.

He gets told he is carrying "heavy baggage" and then starts down the path to auditing (which apparently cost $100 per hour in 1975).  The first half dozen sessions are basically and interrogation about any illegal substances he had ever used (I can see where the blackmail to stay in Scientology speculation comes from). 

So Christopher Reeves gets skeptical and decides to test them.  To prove the E-Meter is bullshit, he invents an elaborate story about his past life based on Greek mythology and bails after proving the auditor and E-Meter didn't detect his line of BS.

Thank goodness Reeves saw through this scam, can you imagine what would have happened if they got Superman into Scientology.

Are Kirstie A's children scientologists?  I don't think her ex (Parker Stevenson) is.  I think she said, once in a Stern interview, that Parker doesn't speak to her.

Edited by dirtydi
11 hours ago, dirtydi said:

Are Kirstie A's children scientologists?  I don't think her ex (Parker Stevenson) is.  I think she said, once in a Stern interview, that Parker doesn't speak to her.

Given that he left Scientology, that is probably the opposite despite what Kirstie Alley says.

21 hours ago, wings707 said:

Video not longer available, account has been terminated.  What was on it?  I would love to know the circumstance behind this. 

I'm not sure what happened. Maybe, those You tube links dissolve after so many days.  It was a You tube video link for Tom C and Jennifer L. doing a dance number at a music award show.  Tom was dressed up like the Les Grussman character from the movie Tropic Thunder.  It really blew my mind.  I find his transformation shocking, but enjoyable. I never seem to tire of watching it. I'm not sure why I'm so obsessed with it. lol  I definitely don't find him attractive, but, I just can't take my eyes off of him in this dance routine.  Odd, I know. lol  I think it's still available on You Tube.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
12 hours ago, ParadoxLost said:

Given that he left Scientology, that is probably the opposite despite what Kirstie Alley says.

Definitely. The article even says that the Scientology brass made an exception to allow Parker Stevenson to attend the funeral. So to me that is clear evidence that it's Scientology keeping him away rather than him choosing to stay away. 

I just started watching this show and am fascinated by the hold that these people have fallen under. I don't really understand because Hubbard nor Miscavige (from footage that I have seen) seem charismatic enough to capture so many followers on what is clearly bullshit.

As far as Katie not being bright: IMO, she is brighter than the ones who fell under the Co$'s spell. So...

Edited by Enigma X

With respect to Suri's parentage, she is the spitting image of both Katie and Tom which doesn't resolve anything since Katie and Tom look like they could be related themselves, height and noses notwithstanding. (TomKat conspiracy theorists overcome the sterility rumors easily enough by chalking up Suri's Cruisish features to a turkey baster and a generous deposit from  Cousin Bill Mapother). Who the hell knows, really? All I know for sure is that the Greatest Movie Star Evah is Suri's father in every way that matters and he is a coldhearted POS for choosing David Fucking Miscavige over his own daughter. Suri is better off without him. 

As for Katie's supposed intellect, it was nowhere to be found in the infamous 2005 W Magazine interview where she spoke and behaved like a love-struck blithering idiot: 

Do you worry that this might be a rebound romance for either of you?

“I've never met anyone like Tom,” Holmes replies, her beautiful green eyes focused on nothing in particular.

Do you ever wonder whether this is just a honeymoon phase?

“Tom and I will always be in our honeymoon phase.”

Did you learn anything in your previous relationship (five years with actor Chris Klein, which came to an end when they called off their engagement this past winter) that has been a benefit to this one?

“Chris and I care about each other and we're still friends. Tom is the most incredible man in the world.”

http://www.wmagazine.com/story/katie-holmes

Embarrassing. 

On 12/31/2016 at 11:32 AM, spiderpig said:

Here's my favorite.  It looks like she's smuggling a laptray loaded with Thanksgiving dinner.

katiepregnant.jpg

This was my personal favorite too.

Also at this time, when she was supposedly heavily pregnant, she was shoe shopping and sliding in and out of low slung cars with ease and sitting on bleachers at sporting events with Tom.   Nope, nothing unusual there at all.

If she was genuinely in love with Tom, I'll eat my shoes.  I don't believe she or Tom were in love with each other.

On 12/29/2016 at 9:46 PM, SiobhanJW said:

A friend of mine is good friends with Katie and from what I've been told most of what you said above isn't the case at all. 

The person who told me those things has no reason to lie.  Maybe Katie was different when she was with Tom.  

On 12/30/2016 at 3:15 AM, shelley1005 said:

A lot of this seems pretty cray cray.     

And Suri looks quit a  bit like Tom and looks more so as she continues to grow up.  

The "Church" of Scientology is pretty cray cray.

It still makes me chuckle that one of the mental institutions on "General Hospital" is called Miscavige.  

When the previous head writer Ron Carlivati was asked where he came up with that name, he said it just popped into his head and then quickly changed the subject.

32 minutes ago, Tiger said:

It still makes me chuckle that one of the mental institutions on "General Hospital" is called Miscavige.  

When the previous head writer Ron Carlivati was asked where he came up with that name, he said it just popped into his head and then quickly changed the subject.

Oooooooooooooooh! The shade. The shade of it all.

2 hours ago, Milk-Eyed Mender said:

With respect to Suri's parentage, she is the spitting image of both Katie and Tom which doesn't resolve anything since Katie and Tom look like they could be related themselves, height and noses notwithstanding. (TomKat conspiracy theorists overcome the sterility rumors easily enough by chalking up Suri's Cruisish features to a turkey baster and a generous deposit from  Cousin Bill Mapother). Who the hell knows, really? All I know for sure is that the Greatest Movie Star Evah is Suri's father in every way that matters and he is a coldhearted POS for choosing David Fucking Miscavige over his own daughter. Suri is better off without him. 

As for Katie's supposed intellect, it was nowhere to be found in the infamous 2005 W Magazine interview where she spoke and behaved like a love-struck blithering idiot: 

Do you worry that this might be a rebound romance for either of you?

“I've never met anyone like Tom,” Holmes replies, her beautiful green eyes focused on nothing in particular.

Do you ever wonder whether this is just a honeymoon phase?

“Tom and I will always be in our honeymoon phase.”

Did you learn anything in your previous relationship (five years with actor Chris Klein, which came to an end when they called off their engagement this past winter) that has been a benefit to this one?

“Chris and I care about each other and we're still friends. Tom is the most incredible man in the world.”

http://www.wmagazine.com/story/katie-holmes

Embarrassing. 

I don't know enough about her to argue that she's smart or anything, but from what I've read, she was very tightly managed in her relationship with Tom.  She had chosen to be with him for whatever reason (I think career rather than love), and as a result, she was playing by "the rules."  Those probably included those coached answers.  

4 hours ago, psychoticstate said:

The person who told me those things has no reason to lie.  Maybe Katie was different when she was with Tom.  

The "Church" of Scientology is pretty cray cray.

And so are the conspiracy theories about it too.  All your friend said is just a wee bit too much.  

On ‎12‎/‎30‎/‎2016 at 4:20 AM, FairyDusted said:

And what's up with the silent labor and delivery? No drugs? I remember hearing that they bought an ultrasound. That was kinda cool.  Tommie was shouting from the couch boasting about a silent birth made  my dusty uterus slam shut.

The natural noises a woman makes while pushing a basketball out of her vagina traumatizes the newborn.  But placing that newborn in a dark, quiet room for days unattended is perfectly healthy and recommended.  And turning down breast milk and even formula in favor of some homemade garbage thought up by LRH, explains why so many of these CO$ grown children are under achievers.

On ‎12‎/‎30‎/‎2016 at 3:32 PM, shelley1005 said:

I personally think marrying Cruise limited her career.  She worked less because only one was allowed to work at a time.  She also said she was selecting different types of roles.  I remember the dumb movie with Queen Latifah as an example.  

Now that she is on her own, she has gone back to independent films that are much more interesting and where her career was going anyways.  She didn't have to be pigeon holed by Dawson's Creek (Michelle Williams sure wasn't).  And now she just recently directed a movie that looks quite interesting about the struggles of motherhood.  

ETA: The movie Katie just directed (and starred in) is All We Had.  I haven't seen it, but when she was on a promo tour for it....I thought I'd like to when it comes out on DVD.  

Katie got a huge break in being cast in the Batman reboot.   And she was expected to appear in the sequel The Dark Knight, but she was with Cruise by then, and advised to turn down the role.  The worst mistake of her career.  Instead, the role went to Maggie Gyllenhaal.  That role was an adult professional woman.  She turned it down to co-star in the flop, Mad Money, where she played a kooky teenage-like character.  I bet she still regrets it.  Then there was the clothing line he bought her, which never really took off.  I think she's being smart now, taking roles in small films, and branching out into directing.  She has a child-like essence to her, and combined with her childish voice, I don't think she has that much range.

On ‎12‎/‎30‎/‎2016 at 6:25 PM, lordonia said:

This article is pure speculation of course, but Tony Ortega asked a "source" inside the Celebrity Centre to rank the top 20 biggest stars in order of the likelihood that they would defect.

This was fascinating.  Clearly "cognited" is a CO$ made up term.  I googled to make sure it wasn't a word, and found several sites with that name, and they seem to be CO$ organizations in disguise.  They're all about making techniques to make yourself better, and mental health, etc.

Interesting that Ann Archer is still a die-hard after the fall of Tommy Davis.

I have an issue with the description of Juliette Lewis as immersed in her music, with the implication that she's not acting much.  The second season of Secrets and Lies just aired, and her character was the only one carried over from the first season.

I can't imagine the stress on That '70s Show.  One hardcore Scientologist, plus one hardcore new convert.  I would like to hear what the rest of the cast has to say on this topic.

It's interesting that "the source" acknowledged Travolta's multiple masseuse lawsuits, and the church handling of it.  They essentially say everyone knows Travolta is gay, and it's not really lawsuit territory.  And the source acknowledges Travolta's belief that everything positive in his life is due to CO$.  All his flops and dry periods are his fault, I guess.  But all of his come backs are because of the "church".  Whose fault was Jett's death?  I bet if he'd been miraculously saved it would have been credited to CO$.  Leah said they teach that all positive things come from them, and all negative things are your fault.  It's often said that Travolta was very disillusioned after Jett's death, and is sticking with it because of Kelly.  This source says they were heavily audited after Jett's death, and they both credit the "church" with saving them.  Oy.

3 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

This was fascinating.  Clearly "cognited" is a CO$ made up term.  I googled to make sure it wasn't a word, and found several sites with that name, and they seem to be CO$ organizations in disguise.  They're all about making techniques to make yourself better, and mental health, etc.

Interesting that Ann Archer is still a die-hard after the fall of Tommy Davis.

I have an issue with the description of Juliette Lewis as immersed in her music, with the implication that she's not acting much.  The second season of Secrets and Lies just aired, and her character was the only one carried over from the first season.

I can't imagine the stress on That '70s Show.  One hardcore Scientologist, plus one hardcore new convert.  I would like to hear what the rest of the cast has to say on this topic.

It's interesting that "the source" acknowledged Travolta's multiple masseuse lawsuits, and the church handling of it.  They essentially say everyone knows Travolta is gay, and it's not really lawsuit territory.  And the source acknowledges Travolta's belief that everything positive in his life is due to CO$.  All his flops and dry periods are his fault, I guess.  But all of his come backs are because of the "church".  Whose fault was Jett's death?  I bet if he'd been miraculously saved it would have been credited to CO$.  Leah said they teach that all positive things come from them, and all negative things are your fault.  It's often said that Travolta was very disillusioned after Jett's death, and is sticking with it because of Kelly.  This source says they were heavily audited after Jett's death, and they both credit the "church" with saving them.  Oy.

I have heard most of the crew of That 70s Show is pretty tight.....minus Topher Grace that never really got along well with the rest of them.  Ashton is doing a Netflix series The Ranch with Danny Masterson, so they seem to still be quite close as well.  

Isn't that a kicker that Scientology convinces all their followers that all the good things in their life are because of Scientology and all the shitty stuff is because of their own failings???  I mean, it's magically devious.  I do wonder if Jett's death made John double down.  I mean if he admits now that Scientology isn't all up to snuff....and then the implied connection that without the dedication to it his son might have gotten better and more effective treatment....well, your brain and heart can't handle that, so Scientology it is!  Of course that is just blatant guessing in my own version of dime store psychology.  

1 hour ago, shelley1005 said:

Isn't that a kicker that Scientology convinces all their followers that all the good things in their life are because of Scientology and all the shitty stuff is because of their own failings???

That's pretty much SOP for an abuser in an abusive relationship. "All your success is because of me, all your failures are on you."

16 hours ago, shelley1005 said:

Isn't that a kicker that Scientology convinces all their followers that all the good things in their life are because of Scientology and all the shitty stuff is because of their own failings???  I mean, it's magically devious.  I do wonder if Jett's death made John double down.  I mean if he admits now that Scientology isn't all up to snuff....and then the implied connection that without the dedication to it his son might have gotten better and more effective treatment....well, your brain and heart can't handle that, so Scientology it is!  Of course that is just blatant guessing in my own version of dime store psychology.  

Sounds a lot like many fundie Christians' beliefs.

Latest National Enquirer claims Demi Moore is ditching Kabbalah for $cientology.

• There are the kind of people who are always searching for spiritual answers and the next “thing” that will help them structure their lives. Religions and cults offer that type of structure, which can sometimes be smothering and restrictive. I know I’ve searched for answers and have come down on the side of science and concrete evidence, but everyone is different. People can believe whatever they want and that’s what our country is founded on. Cults are different though, they commit human rights abuses, discourage if not ban questioning and free thought, and demand member’s time and total dedication. When so many ex-Scientologists speak out and say that it’s harmful, that they lost their savings and were estranged from friends and family, how oblivious do you have to be to get involved? Do you just believe everything that Scientology says, that those people are bitter ex-parishioners, in exchange for a whole new set of friends and rules for your life? I guess the lack of freedom and free thought is insidious and sneaks up on you, like an abusive partner who seems perfect at first. Plus I think it’s different for celebrities, they get the star treatment, they get an entire staff of people to do their bidding for free, and Scientology has luxury compounds where bigwigs can stay. You know that if this true Demi is getting more attention and perks than she’s had in some time.

http://www.celebitchy.com/517977/enquirer_demi_moore_is_secretly_in_scientology_after_dating_young_scientologist/

I watched Going Clear last night and finally got to see the black turtleneck Tom Cruise interview, which I've never bothered to watch. Wow! I enjoy TC's movies and will continue, but what an arrogant jackass. I grew up in a charismatic Christian sect. We believed very similar things such as being elite spiritual people who could heal people or control the weather. I was as arrogant as TC. One day when his health starts to go and his beliefs no longer work he will see the truth and feel like an utter fool. IF he's a real believer and not just in it for the power, fame, and money. 

And by by the way, Siri looks EXACTLY like Tom Davies!

Edited by bubbls

I find John Travolta a bit confusing.  I recently watched "Going Clear", and it sounded like he told Spanky Taylor to leave, in an indirect way.  Yet, he stays and continues to defend Scientology.  I know the documentary implies blackmail, but there must be something more.  Unlike Cruise, I have always found him to be genuine.  And, it sounds like he had a lot of doubts, but kept coming back.

In regards to Katie, isn't it possible that she was actually a nice person before marrying Tom Cruise?  I mean, if she was surrounded by Scientologist 24/7 who spied on her constantly, isn't it possible that turned her into a huge bitch?  I would probably be pissed off all the time if I had these assholes over my shoulder all the time. Tom Cruise, so I've heard, is incredibly nice to everybody, while ignoring the abuses of the church. Sorry, but he is the huge asshole.  Katie was probably under incredible stress and lashed out at everyone, assuming they were all Scientologist. Lay down with dogs, you get the fleas.

I just read in "Going Clear" the Tom Cruise used David Miscavige's personality and intensity as his inspiration for the role of Daniel Kaffee in "A Few Good Men."

There goes my enjoyment of the only Cruise movie I ever really loved.

What I don't understand about John Travolta is if he WERE to leave the Church, doesn't he understand that public sentiment is with HIM, not with Scientology?  And that even if they were to threaten him with releasing information about his alleged personal life secrets, wouldn't he believe he had the moral high ground of people understanding what the Church was doing to him, like they have done to EVERY ex-member?  I understand that his family is at stake, especially his wife, but if you could get ONE celebrity like him, that's being blackmailed, I think that would be huge.

That's what I don't understand, and that's why I love Leah Remini-she can read the damn room.

12 minutes ago, psychoticstate said:

I think it's possible that Katie was a nice person pre-Tom.  I don't know.  I only know what I've been told by someone who worked with her directly.  I also heard that she expected to be Nicole Kidman 2.0 after taking up with Cruise and that did not happen.  So she certainly could have been frustrated that her career didn't go in the direction she hoped (and if you believe that the Cruise relationship was a business arrangement, she was stuck for the duration of the contract.) 

Well, that's not really what I said. I said that she may have been bitchy because she was surrounded by Scientologist constantly. Nothing about her career.