Type keyword(s) to search

High Profile Scientologists: Tom, Travolta, and More!

• Start Topic

6 minutes ago, SailorGirl said:

I'm sure they are. But as Leah and Mike have revealed, their numbers are much smaller than what CoS promotes (shocker), so I would counter that by asking whether there are even enough Sea Orgs -- and Scientologists in general -- to make any sort of tangible difference in box office numbers.

But even if you could guarantee only a hundred people hiring Tom Cruise comes with it a hundred people you don’t have to worry about.   

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 12/4/2018 at 2:52 PM, SailorGirl said:

I'm sure they are. But as Leah and Mike have revealed, their numbers are much smaller than what CoS promotes (shocker), so I would counter that by asking whether there are even enough Sea Orgs -- and Scientologists in general -- to make any sort of tangible difference in box office numbers.

Case in point: Battlefield Earth

I was just looking over the Golden Globe nominations and saw Elizabeth Moss was nominated. I cannot watch The Handmaid's Tale because of her. I'm sure its a good show, but no. Why give her and the cult anymore accolades? 

3 hours ago, galaxychaser said:

Tom is well aware that all his workers are Scientology slaves. 

Shelley is probably alive in a Scientology jail wishing she was dead.

It occurred to me the other day. Is there no legal device that would ensure Shelley would have to appear in some court at some time? Surely many people have been thinking about this for many years now.  Is there just no way to do this at all?

On 12/6/2018 at 9:48 AM, libgirl2 said:

I was just looking over the Golden Globe nominations and saw Elizabeth Moss was nominated. I cannot watch The Handmaid's Tale because of her. I'm sure its a good show, but no. Why give her and the cult anymore accolades? 

I too refuse to watch that show because of Moss.

2 hours ago, MisterBluxom said:

It occurred to me the other day. Is there no legal device that would ensure Shelley would have to appear in some court at some time? Surely many people have been thinking about this for many years now.  Is there just no way to do this at all?

Shelly would have to be charged with a crime and a warrant put out for her arrest.  A civil court subpoena could be issued to compel her to appear in a court or at a deposition, but there would have to be a lawsuit filed in which she would be involved.  Other than that, there is no legal way to compel an adult to magically appear in public against their will.

Leah Remini's missing person report went nowhere because of the cover-up that must be involved in keeping Shelly hidden or the truth of her circumstances under wraps.  If she is indeed dead, well, that's that.  Her remains would have to be discovered, if they were discoverable at all (cremation, ashes scattered, etc.)

It is all so terrifying and beyond sad.  Normal people don't go into hiding willingly unless they are afraid of someone.  If she's alive, she must be a prisoner somewhere.

On 7/27/2018 at 4:23 PM, SunnyBeBe said:

I hope that me posting this here doesn't offend anyone.  Please accept my apology, if he does.  I just didn't know where else to post this.  

I only just learned that Charles Mason says that he was a Scientologist.  I was really surprised.  He made this announcement many years ago, like in the 1960's.  COS, denies it, I think.   Maybe, this has been common knowledge around here, but, I had no idea. 

http://www.lermanet.com/scientologyscandals/charlesmanson.htm

https://tonyortega.org/2017/11/20/charles-manson-and-scientology-what-the-church-doesnt-want-you-to-know/

I can't imagine why you would think anyone would be offended. I have been expecting the CO$ would begin sniffing around insane asylums and mental institutions looking for new members since their numbers are so low. Where would they ever find a better place to look for new members?  Many of the inmates would be willing to join since they'd be willing to do most anything.

If you are interested in this aspect of the cult, you might like to check Mike Rinder's blog. He makes an entry every single day and most of the time he has something to say about how they are completely screwing up their efforts to get new members.  It is very comical how ridiculous they look when they advertise their so-called "events" that are trying to get new suckers/victims to join.

Edited by MisterBluxom
15 hours ago, MisterBluxom said:

Anyone over the age of 18 in this country has the legal right to disappear and not contact anyone if they so choose.  It's why a lot of people who murder others try to make it look like they simply took off.  Hard to disprove, and hard to track down.  The police say they talked to Shelly, and she said she was fine, so that's all they can do.  We won't go in to the police being in Scamatology's pocket.

On 11/17/2018 at 11:20 PM, galaxychaser said:

Does David Cabbage have kids?

According to other posts in other threads here, yes, Miss Cabbage has.  A grown daughter that left and has written a very negative book about CO$ and the horrors she had to endure in the Sea Org as a kid.

On 12/10/2018 at 10:45 AM, funky-rat said:

Anyone over the age of 18 in this country has the legal right to disappear and not contact anyone if they so choose.  It's why a lot of people who murder others try to make it look like they simply took off.  Hard to disprove, and hard to track down.  The police say they talked to Shelly, and she said she was fine, so that's all they can do.  We won't go in to the police being in Scamatology's pocket.

It's an interesting dichotomy; on the one hand you want the law to be able to produce and speak to people like Shelly that we really feel could be in danger or at least held against her will and to do a one on one interview (I mean with no COS reps present and a completely disinterested third party and social worker doing the interview) to make 100% sure that her life is being lived as she wishes and not by coercion.    On the other hand I'm sort of grateful for the freedom to disappear and fall out of contact when the shoe is on the other foot like an abusive family or husband or running away from a cult.  But there's no real way to change the law to save someone like Shelly without possibly screwing over people who want or need to disappear (for an interesting take on people who should have disappeared to stay safe from a cult but didn't look up: The Four O'Clock Murders or Ervil LeBaron, they should have hidden but it seems like they didn't know how far Ervil would go).

The only other thing I can think of to bring her out in the open is Adult Protective Services but to anyone's knowledge she's not disabled and there's nothing credible to name her an "at risk" elderly person especially since she's not even 60 yet I doubt that will get anyone very far either.

I don't believe for a minute that any law enforcement verified that Shelly Miscavige is alive.  The sighting of a disoriented, disheveled Shelly in a store up in the mountains of San Bernardino is not proof of anything either.  The last thing Shelly did was question David and try to change things on her own.  She was a threat to the Co$'s status quo and God only knows where she is, dead or alive (except whoever murdered her).

On a lighter note, High Profile Scamatologist John Travolta is revealing what many have thought for years:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-6567009/John-Travolta-rings-new-year-new-BALD-look-alongside-18-year-old-daughter-Ella-Bleu.html

18 hours ago, CrystalBlue said:

I don't believe for a minute that any law enforcement verified that Shelly Miscavige is alive.  The sighting of a disoriented, disheveled Shelly in a store up in the mountains of San Bernardino is not proof of anything either.  The last thing Shelly did was question David and try to change things on her own.  She was a threat to the Co$'s status quo and God only knows where she is, dead or alive (except whoever murdered her).

On a lighter note, High Profile Scamatologist John Travolta is revealing what many have thought for years:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-6567009/John-Travolta-rings-new-year-new-BALD-look-alongside-18-year-old-daughter-Ella-Bleu.html

I have to admit, it looks good on him. 

I wasn't sure where to post this, so i figured this popular thread is as good as any!

I'm utterly fascinated and appalled by what I learn about Scientology.  I applaud Leah R and all those who are trying to be voices in the wilderness.  They are very brave.

The biggest mystery to me is:  "how do they do it?"  Meaning, for an organization supposedly on the wane, with dwindling numbers of disciples, a facade of empty buildings, the internet where anyone with an enquiring mind can figure out in a new york second that this is nuts - how do they keep chugging along?

I guess I am intrigued from an institutional or business standpoint.  I mean, if I could run a business with a fraction of the cunning and cleverness of Scio, I'd be a bazillionaire.  Frankly I'm impressed (but despise with the heat of a thousand suns) by their methods.  How did they get so good at coordinated efforts to intimidate and terrorize?  How did they figure out what lengths they could go to in order to be successful without crossing the line of the law? How do they convince grown people that their facilities with razor wire and security cameras POINTING INWARDS are normal?  How did they get so successful at strategizing and pulling off seemingly soviet-level infiltration tactics (IRS)?  How did they create and enforce iron-clad divorce agreements with Kidman and Holmes that prevents them from speaking out? How on earth do they make their disconnection policy so effective?????  I mean, for a bozo religion with kooks running it, how on earth did they get so clever that they are immune to all efforts to stamp them out? 

Mmaybe I am a conspiracy theorist, but it wouldn't surprise me, given everything that's going on these days, if a country like Russia, got a piece of the CO$ action years ago (and thus is able to use some of their transferrable skills in surveillance, brainwashing, torture etc).  Its an ideal organization to experiment with and has the bonus of having some high-profile members.

Edited by Horrified
wantedto add something about the T Cruise divorce agreements
On 10/27/2018 at 12:04 PM, CrystalBlue said:

I can't believe the FBI aren't investigating them, unless they are and will eventually have a case for him/them to be prosecuted. 

Considering the battle that the IRS lost to Co$, I doubt the FBI is willing to tangle with them. 

12 hours ago, Twopper said:

Considering the battle that the IRS lost to Co$, I doubt the FBI is willing to tangle with them. 

I’m not going to write off the FBI as being unwilling to tangle with them but I am absolutely sure history has taught them that it had better been a rock of Gibraltar solid type case before attempting it. Every win in court makes Co$ more and more powerful so they to be sure they don’t make matters worse instead of better.

13 minutes ago, 3girlsforus said:

I’m not going to write off the FBI as being unwilling to tangle with them but I am absolutely sure history has taught them that it had better been a rock of Gibraltar solid type case before attempting it. Every win in court makes Co$ more and more powerful so they to be sure they don’t make matters worse instead of better.

I agree, but I think getting an airtight case is going to be very, very difficult.  I would like to be wrong about this, but at this point I think Co$ is still too powerful.  It will be interesting to see if the influx from NOI is enough to keep it as influential as it is now---especially in LA and Clearwater.

On 1/13/2019 at 10:37 PM, galaxychaser said:

From the article:

On top of all that, Rinder echoes Remini’s claim that Cruise is aware of the alleged abuses within the Church of Scientology, including the Hole.

“He is very aware,” Rinder says. “In fact, David Miscavige used to tell people when he was displeased with people in the Hole—and I was there when he said this—‘If you motherfuckers don’t get your shit together, I’m going to bring Tom down here and I’m going to have him beat you up.’

This is obviously a very serious and horrifying subject, but I simply CANNOT believe that Tiny Tommy would EVER be able to beat someone up. Just...no. 

2 hours ago, UYI said:

From the article:

This is obviously a very serious and horrifying subject, but I simply CANNOT believe that Tiny Tommy would EVER be able to beat someone up. Just...no. 

I'd like to give him a pass and say he wouldn't (not so much couldn't)  but I don't trust anyone so deeply involved in this cult. 

Edited by libgirl2
11 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

I'd like to give him a pass and say he wouldn't (not so much couldn't)  but I don't trust anyone so deeply involved in this cult. 

Yeah, I meant it more in the sense that he would try to and get overpowered VERY quickly. Not so much that he wouldn't DESPERATELY want to try to look "tough". 

Edited by UYI
On 1/12/2019 at 3:18 PM, Horrified said:

The biggest mystery to me is:  "how do they do it?"  Meaning, for an organization supposedly on the wane, with dwindling numbers of disciples, a facade of empty buildings, the internet where anyone with an enquiring mind can figure out in a new york second that this is nuts - how do they keep chugging along?

They keep chugging along by requiring registrars to collect $250k per week. Even if they are collecting 1/10th of that if we have 10 registrars at each of the 150 ideal orgs that comes to millions each week. No small chunk of change.

I guess I am intrigued from an institutional or business standpoint.  I mean, if I could run a business with a fraction of the cunning and cleverness of Scio, I'd be a bazillionaire.  Frankly I'm impressed (but despise with the heat of a thousand suns) by their methods.  How did they get so good at coordinated efforts to intimidate and terrorize?  How did they figure out what lengths they could go to in order to be successful without crossing the line of the law? How do they convince grown people that their facilities with razor wire and security cameras POINTING INWARDS are normal?  How did they get so successful at strategizing and pulling off seemingly soviet-level infiltration tactics (IRS)? 

On the intimidation and terrorism front, LRH had evidently picked up some techniques in mind control/suggestibility in the military. He modified them when he started creating $cientology and packaged the more benign ones into instruction books on both high pressure sales (which are still used to train registrars today) and some of the "orders" that are the basis of the religion. He was using WWII and cold-war infiltration and espionage tactics against his detractors and opponents. This has been picked up and carried forward by DM. The organization has benefited from the fact that the people going against them have scruples and limits and will not stoop to their level. 

How did they create and enforce iron-clad divorce agreements with Kidman and Holmes that prevents them from speaking out? How on earth do they make their disconnection policy so effective?????  I mean, for a bozo religion with kooks running it, how on earth did they get so clever that they are immune to all efforts to stamp them out? 

Mmaybe I am a conspiracy theorist, but it wouldn't surprise me, given everything that's going on these days, if a country like Russia, got a piece of the CO$ action years ago (and thus is able to use some of their transferrable skills in surveillance, brainwashing, torture etc).  Its an ideal organization to experiment with and has the bonus of having some high-profile members.

The divorce agreements are easy. The kids are the threat that are held over the women's heads. In Nicole Kidman's case, her adopted kids were raised in $cientology their entire lives. There was little chance they were going to be convinced to leave, especially when they enjoyed a high level of respect and notoriety in the religion as a result of their dad's status. I think she's stayed quiet hoping at some point that she would be able to reunite with them but both the son and daughter appear to be gung-ho Co$ members. Katie, to her credit, learned from her predecessor's mistakes. She never allowed her daughter to be sucked in too far, and at the point that she couldn't keep her out of the day-to-day reality of the religion, she got out. I think that she's very clearly made a deal that she will not say anything, so long as she is left alone. I wonder if she will continue with this silence once Suri is an adult, but for the time being, she's going to  keep quiet and live her life.

11 minutes ago, Rlb8031 said:

On the intimidation and terrorism front, LRH had evidently picked up some techniques in mind control/suggestibility in the military. He modified them when he started creating $cientology and packaged the more benign ones into instruction books on both high pressure sales (which are still used to train registrars today) and some of the "orders" that are the basis of the religion. He was using WWII and cold-war infiltration and espionage tactics against his detractors and opponents. This has been picked up and carried forward by DM. The organization has benefited from the fact that the people going against them have scruples and limits and will not stoop to their level. 

One key to this is the physical isolation.  LRH would throw people with whom he was displeased off the ship into the ocean for punishment.  I am a good swimmer, but I am a bit afraid of heights and just the threat of being tossed some 30-40 feet into the ocean would keep me very obedient.  Also it reminds me a lot of Stockholm syndrome where captives identify with their captors.

1 hour ago, Rlb8031 said:

They keep chugging along by requiring registrars to collect $250k per week. Even if they are collecting 1/10th of that if we have 10 registrars at each of the 150 ideal orgs that comes to millions each week. No small chunk of change.

The divorce agreements are easy. The kids are the threat that are held over the women's heads. In Nicole Kidman's case, her adopted kids were raised in $cientology their entire lives. There was little chance they were going to be convinced to leave, especially when they enjoyed a high level of respect and notoriety in the religion as a result of their dad's status. I think she's stayed quiet hoping at some point that she would be able to reunite with them but both the son and daughter appear to be gung-ho Co$ members. Katie, to her credit, learned from her predecessor's mistakes. She never allowed her daughter to be sucked in too far, and at the point that she couldn't keep her out of the day-to-day reality of the religion, she got out. I think that she's very clearly made a deal that she will not say anything, so long as she is left alone. I wonder if she will continue with this silence once Suri is an adult, but for the time being, she's going to  keep quiet and live her life.

Katie was a smart one, its sad she had to stay silent but I can imagine saving her daughter and giving her a normal life was worth it. I feel bad for Nicole. I do think she is smart but I think when she was with Tom he was as close to leaving the cult as he ever was and maybe she thought the kids would be okay. By the time he left her, it was too late for the kids. 

5 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

Who wouldn't put it past Tom Cruise to not sneak up on someone from behind with a baseball bat, or start bashing them while they're sleeping?

On 1/16/2019 at 3:51 PM, libgirl2 said:

Katie was a smart one, its sad she had to stay silent but I can imagine saving her daughter and giving her a normal life was worth it. I feel bad for Nicole. I do think she is smart but I think when she was with Tom he was as close to leaving the cult as he ever was and maybe she thought the kids would be okay. By the time he left her, it was too late for the kids. 

I wonder what will happen when Suri turns 18? Katie may stay silent to continue having a peaceful life (COS is scary to former members). But will there come a day when she finally let loose?

I don't blame Nicole for staying silent after all these years. Not just for her older children but she has two little girls to protect from harassment now. Their tactics are horrifying and authorities can't or won't do anything.

17 minutes ago, Snow Apple said:

I wonder what will happen when Suri turns 18? Katie may stay silent to continue having a peaceful life (COS is scary to former members). But will there come a day when she finally let loose?

I don't blame Nicole for staying silent after all these years. Not just for her older children but she has two little girls to protect from harassment now. Their tactics are horrifying and authorities can't or won't do anything.

Yes, I wouldn't put it past this cult to try to hurt her girls somehow. 

5 hours ago, Diane Mars said:

I thinkk that we should have titled this topic : "High Profile Scientologists: The Celebrity Center", lol !

LOL! Only they went with the “Centre” spelling, correct? Don’t want to erase that dash of pretention*, LOL.

(*Not saying that it’s inherently pretentious to spell it that way, just that an American institution choosing to use the British English spelling of ‘center’ smacks of pretention, IMO.)

1 hour ago, link417 said:

LOL! Only they went with the “Centre” spelling, correct? Don’t want to erase that dash of pretention*, LOL.

(*Not saying that it’s inherently pretentious to spell it that way, just that an American institution choosing to use the British English spelling of ‘center’ smacks of pretention, IMO.)

It's not always pretentious. But for the COS? Yes.

Edited by Snow Apple
2 hours ago, link417 said:

Lol ! I never thought about it :D

To be sincere, it was not intended at all, as I wasn't sure if it was "center" or "center", as I'm a non English speaker, who learnt "British" English at school and not always knowing which word to use (the same with "colour" and "color", for instance)

On 1/16/2019 at 6:24 PM, CrystalBlue said:

Who wouldn't put it past Tom Cruise to not sneak up on someone from behind with a baseball bat, or start bashing them while they're sleeping?

Oh no, I meant that few people would actually be intimidated by him, and would easily overpower him and kick his ass. I could TOTALLY see him trying to threaten people, only to get overpowered very quickly. 

8 hours ago, UYI said:

Oh no, I meant that few people would actually be intimidated by him, and would easily overpower him and kick his ass. I could TOTALLY see him trying to threaten people, only to get overpowered very quickly. 

Right.  The only intimidating thing he's done in public is jump up and down on Oprah's couch.  He'd have to sneak up on someone or attack them in their sleep to be effective.  Or use a weapon.

On 1/20/2019 at 11:41 PM, CrystalBlue said:

Right.  The only intimidating thing he's done in public is jump up and down on Oprah's couch.  He'd have to sneak up on someone or attack them in their sleep to be effective.  Or use a weapon.

Jumping up and down on the couch wasn't threatening it was laughable and he looked like an idiot.

1 hour ago, Maelstrom said:

It was intimidating in that it showed the extent of his sheer batshit insanity.

We will have to disagree. I didn't find him intimidating nor threatening.

I saw someone acting. Making a spectacle of himself trying to prove to the public he was in love. We still didn't believe him. 

Where I do find him intimidating and threatening is in what he has done to his ex-wives and how he will use "his" children. His use of slave labor that comes with the threat of punishment if they are seen as failing him. 

1 hour ago, Skycatcher said:

Never did think he was much of an actor. 😉

Tom Cruise can only play Tom Cruise. Very one note. Not a good one at that.

Edited by Giselle