Type keyword(s) to search

High Profile Scientologists: Tom, Travolta, and More!

• Start Topic

This article talks about how Hollywood is no longer afraid of Scientology.  Really?  I'm not so sure.  It seems that some are.  

Can someone take a look at this PHOTO and tell me if there is indeed a crucifix on the top of the building?  Why would that be there? I've never heard anyone in the church mention Jesus Christ.  What's that about? 

http://www.dazeddigital.com/artsandculture/article/32713/1/how-scientology-is-losing-control-in-hollywood

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

35 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

This article talks about how Hollywood is no longer afraid of Scientology.  Really?  I'm not so sure.  It seems that some are.  

Can someone take a look at this PHOTO and tell me if there is indeed a crucifix on the top of the building?  Why would that be there? I've never heard anyone in the church mention Jesus Christ.  What's that about? 

http://www.dazeddigital.com/artsandculture/article/32713/1/how-scientology-is-losing-control-in-hollywood

Its actually not a crucifix, it's an eight pointed star. The 8 points represent the 8 dynamics people need to go through to survive.    Pretty clever of COS to happen to make it look like a crucifix.  ;)

I heard an interesting episode of the Dirtcast podcast and they interviewed Tony Ortega. He said Leah and the show were directly responsible for the Danny Masterson story coming out. Evidently, there were at least two women who came to Leah when the show started to share their stories about being raped by Masterson. She talked with both women and encouraged them to go to the police. When they went into the local precinct, the women freaked out because there were pictures of Michael Pena hanging on the wall of the squad room. In at least one of the cases, one of the victims was taken to the party where she was raped by a fellow $cientologist, who just happens now to be Masterson's publicist.

Edited by Rlb8031
9 hours ago, RichiesOlderBro said:

In the original OT VIII level materials L Ron Hubbard denounced Jesus and called himself the anti-christ. 

OH my.  That does surprise me.  I mean, wasn't Katie Holmes Catholic, before she joined this group? Also, it seems that I heard some famous member say that the COS welcomes people of all faiths.  I took that to be that you could continue to worship God as you please and that their group just gave you principles to help live a better life.  OH WELL, so much for that.  I now see that it's MUCH different. 

1 hour ago, SunnyBeBe said:

OH my.  That does surprise me.  I mean, wasn't Katie Holmes Catholic, before she joined this group? Also, it seems that I heard some famous member say that the COS welcomes people of all faiths.  I took that to be that you could continue to worship God as you please and that their group just gave you principles to help live a better life.  OH WELL, so much for that.  I now see that it's MUCH different. 

I think that's just another one of Scientology lies.  Fewer people would join if they had to renounce their faith/family faith, etc. By the time you get to OT Level VIII, you've drunk enough of the Kool-aid that it's not an issue.

11 hours ago, RichiesOlderBro said:

In the original OT VIII level materials L Ron Hubbard denounced Jesus and called himself the anti-christ. 

So, is it true that Tom hasn't seen his daughter in many months?  I used to think that something like that was impossible.  I mean, a parent couldn't go that long without seeing their child, but, with everything that we have learned about the COS lately, I now get it.  I can see how that would not be a priority or even welcomed, due to the circumstances. 

Actually, it's reported to be several (3-4) years since he's seen her in person.

https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/tom-cruise-reportedly-hasnt-seen-daughter-suri-in-years-w434605/

http://www.yourtango.com/2017306637/tom-cruise-seen-daughter-suri-cruise-four-years-rumors-sources

Here's one report that he had Suri flown to England to spend 5 days with him.  Anyone know if that is true?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-4536356/Tom-Cruise-makes-rare-comment-daughter-Suri-Cruise.html

Edited by SunnyBeBe

When is Netflix going to cancel Danny's show?  Or at least fire him (since it's really Ashton's show) for sexual misconduct.  

Shut down production on House of Cards within 48 hours of the grossness that is Kevin Spacey came out, but have been steadfastly silent on the Masterston case.  Double standard is alive and well.

2 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I just read this on another thread on this site.  

Masterson (actor) accused o sexual assault.  What's that all about?  

https://www.thecut.com/2017/11/danny-masterson-sexual-assault-claims.html

The story became public back in March, I think, but there hasn’t been any updates in quite a while until now.  

1 hour ago, LegalParrot81 said:

When is Netflix going to cancel Danny's show?  Or at least fire him (since it's really Ashton's show) for sexual misconduct.  

Shut down production on House of Cards within 48 hours of the grossness that is Kevin Spacey came out, but have been steadfastly silent on the Masterston case.  Double standard is alive and well.

I think the biggest difference is that several of Spacey’s victims are actors or in the entertainment industry and are speaking out publicly so there is a greater backlash. I hope, thanks to people like Tony Ortega, that Netflix now feels pressure to takes action against Masterson as well.

Edited by EVS
7 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Okay. Thanks.  I didn't know. 

After the initial burst of stories, it kind of disappeared so it was easy to miss. :) The link from fifty8th was interesting because it looks like Scientology managed to squash the case for a while with their usual tactics, but thanks to all the publicity from cases like Weinstein and Spacey, the Masterson case is back in the news again. 

Edited by EVS
33 minutes ago, EVS said:

I think the biggest difference is that several of Spacey’s victims are actors or in the entertainment industry and are speaking out publicly so there is a greater backlash. I hope, thanks to people like Tony Ortega, that Netflix now feels pressure to takes action against Masterson as well.

Netflix took action with Spacey because the rumors and allegations surfaced after the Weinstein scandal broke and there was no sweeping it under the rug like with Masterson.  Plus his initial accuser was under age.  But I think the biggest thing was that more than a half dozen current and former House of Cards employees went straight to Netflix with accusations as soon as Anthony Rapp's allegations came out.  They really had to stop production because he had been accused of creating an unsafe work environment which puts Netflix in a tenuous legal position for a show they had (supposedly)  already decided was in its last season.

I tend to think that nothing will happen with Masterson and Netflix unless charges are filed or Ashton Kutcher wants it to.

21 minutes ago, ParadoxLost said:

I tend to think that nothing will happen with Masterson and Netflix unless charges are filed or Ashton Kutcher wants it to.

And that is just utterly disgusting. Probably true, though.

1 hour ago, EVS said:

think the biggest difference is that several of Spacey’s victims are actors or in the entertainment industry and are speaking out publicly so there is a greater backlash. I hope, thanks to people like Tony Ortega, that Netflix now feels pressure to takes action against Masterson as w

I believe Masterson’s victims were all Scientologists. Bringing legal charges against a fellow Scientologist gets you declared a Suppresive Person and kicked out of Scientology. 

Just read on Tony's site that Leah and A&E have shelved the Masterson episode due to the DA office asking them to.   Who knows if this means that charges will be filed but hopefully those in the know will keep up the pressure and the victims will see some sort of justice.  I know, that's very Pollyann-ish of me to think that way since something stinks with the DA/LAPD and their relationship with CO$.

1 hour ago, CindyBee said:

Just read on Tony's site that Leah and A&E have shelved the Masterson episode due to the DA office asking them to.   Who knows if this means that charges will be filed but hopefully those in the know will keep up the pressure and the victims will see some sort of justice.  I know, that's very Pollyann-ish of me to think that way since something stinks with the DA/LAPD and their relationship with CO$.

I think the only way Leah shelves it is if it hurts the case against Masterson in some way and she has assurances something will happen, I don't see her letting the LAPD and Scientology push her to squash it for Masterson to get off. She is on a crusade to out Scientology, unless A&E forced it due to fear of a lawsuit or something like that.

Edited by fifty8th

The Outsiders was on last night, and I watched it, since y'all have told me that it's OK since it's Tom Cruise when he was Pre-Scamatology, and his part isn't huge.  But every time he was on the screen, I cringed at him and his jacked-up teeth.  And the minute that Dallas starts running down the road, and calls on the pay phone and Tommy-poo answers, I got the tissues out.  Damn movie - always comes on when someone is cutting onions.

4 hours ago, CindyBee said:

2 hours ago, fifty8th said:

I think the only way Leah shelves it is if it hurts the case against Masterson in some way and she has assurances something will happen, I don't see her letting the LAPD and Scientology push her to squash it for Masterson to get off. She is on a crusade to out Scientology, unless A&E forced it due to fear of a lawsuit or something like that.

Well it was shelved until they decided to whether or not to file charges so hopefully that could get resolved soon.  Yesterday's Huffpo piece on the delay is gaining traction and will hopefully lead to a decision one way or another.  If they choose not to press charges they absolutely must release the episode.  If they do press charges my guess is they won't until after a trial has finished because it could maybe give Masterson an avenue for appeal.  

I'm still banging away on Netflix though.  Yesterday I read an article about how good it was of Netflix to prioritize what's right over a hit show (meaning of course HOC).  I responded to the article with why does Danny Masterson still have a job then? No response. 

1 hour ago, WInterfalls said:

Yesterday's Huffpo piece on the delay is gaining traction and will hopefully lead to a decision one way or another. 

It was briefly the top story on the Yahoo! landing page this morning. Disappeared just as quickly. Have a feeling Scamatology operatives are playing whack-a-mole with the story trying to get it suppressed wherever it pops up.

33 minutes ago, italianguy626 said:

It was briefly the top story on the Yahoo! landing page this morning. Disappeared just as quickly. Have a feeling Scamatology operatives are playing whack-a-mole with the story trying to get it suppressed wherever it pops up.

Well this one popped up on MSN just now so progress. 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/leah-remini-interviewed-women-who-say-danny-masterson-raped-them/ar-AAupyK2?li=BBnb2gh

For those who haven't seen the jacked up teef in all of their glory...... (seriously - I can't get this out of my mind - I couldn't find one of him eating chocolate cake with frosting all over his face, because that made it that much worse - Patrick Swayze said that Tom never wanted to do publicity shots for this movie):

fef8887c86792717cbbdc3bdd92c2225.jpg

George Takei also linked to a story about Masterson on Facebook. The comments were...not kind to say the least. I call that progress , Uncle George has thousands of followers. I hope this means the story is gathering steam and these ladies will finally get some justice.

The Ranch isn't a high profile show; I was surprised it was even renewed for season 3.  What does Netflix have to lose by recasting Masterson?

Masterson and Kutcher are close and maybe Netflix wants to stay on Ashton's good side, but this is giving them negative publicity and making their decision on House of Cards seem more like cynical PR opportunism than actual concern.

On 11/1/2017 at 9:08 PM, Rlb8031 said:

I heard an interesting episode of the Dirtcast podcast and they interviewed Tony Ortega. He said Leah and the show were directly responsible for the Danny Masterson story coming out. Evidently, there were at least two women who came to Leah when the show started to share their stories about being raped by Masterson. She talked with both women and encouraged them to go to the police. When they went into the local precinct, the women freaked out because there were pictures of Michael Pena hanging on the wall of the squad room. In at least one of the cases, one of the victims was taken to the party where she was raped by a fellow $cientologist, who just happens now to be Masterson's publicist.

I don't understand the Michael Pena relevance.  Is he a scientologist too?

I'm glad that the Hollywood machine is getting its due lately.  very disappointed in kevin Spacey. I heard the Emmys revoked the special Emmy he was going to get, which made me laugh considering Roman Polanski got his lifetime achievement Oscar.  So disgusting...

BUT co$... the only movie where i was impressed with tom's acting was "Magnolia" until i saw it a few more times and realized he's probably acting himself in that film. 

As Leah's show sheds more light on the abuses of the COS, I think it might become more difficult for these high profile members to continue being members and defending it.  I mean, maybe the celeb isn't abusing kids, harassing people, holding them against their will, spreading lies about people who leave COS, maintaining slave labor of people without proper pay and in horrendous conditions. sexually abusing children, protecting child abusers, etc., but, they are a part of protecting them and financing them with their contributions to the COS.  So, if Hollywood, networks, etc.  bans people like Weinstein, Cosby, then, HOW DO they continue their support and approval of COS celebs like Moss, Travolta, and Tom?   How can it be justified? 

On 11/3/2017 at 0:10 PM, WInterfalls said:

Well it was shelved until they decided to whether or not to file charges so hopefully that could get resolved soon.  Yesterday's Huffpo piece on the delay is gaining traction and will hopefully lead to a decision one way or another.  If they choose not to press charges they absolutely must release the episode.  If they do press charges my guess is they won't until after a trial has finished because it could maybe give Masterson an avenue for appeal.  

I'm still banging away on Netflix though.  Yesterday I read an article about how good it was of Netflix to prioritize what's right over a hit show (meaning of course HOC).  I responded to the article with why does Danny Masterson still have a job then? No response. 

I'm sure Leah/A&E felt it was completely appropriate to shelve the episode to prevent any problems with potential prosecution of Masterson. But I also guarantee that if the LAPD chickens out and chooses not to, the episode will be aired immediately.

On 11/5/2017 at 6:24 AM, LegalParrot81 said:

Yes, he is.  He credits the cult for making him a better actor.  <insert dramatic eye roll here>

Pena's such a great actor I have to go to IMDB whenever his name comes up to see who he is.

Did anyone see What What Happens Live last night?  It's being discussed on this site on that thread, but, not this issue.  Rosie O'Donnell was a guest and a viewer asked Rosie a question about her take on Tom Cruise.  (Okay, background is that Rosie has been a HUGE and VOCAL Tom C. fan for many years.  She was ape ship crazy over him in a way that is hard to explain.  It was odd to me, since she is a lesbian, but, anyway, she adored the guy.)  Last night, Rosie applauded Leah and her show exposing the COS and said that while she still liked Tom, she hopes that he gets out of the COS, due to their abuses.  To me this was huge.  Not that Tom will take heed, but, to know that his more ardent fans are NOT okay with what this group have done and continue to do.  If enough fans lose interest in Tom C., due to his support of the COS, will it make a difference? I suppose that with his money, he is valuable to the COS, but, if he is avoided by Hollywood, will he continue to hold an esteemed place with them?

Edited by SunnyBeBe
On 11/2/2017 at 6:45 PM, EVS said:

After the initial burst of stories, it kind of disappeared so it was easy to miss. :) The link from fifty8th was interesting because it looks like Scientology managed to squash the case for a while with their usual tactics, but thanks to all the publicity from cases like Weinstein and Spacey, the Masterson case is back in the news again. 

Is it back in the news again? I haven't seen anything (not recently) about it on the major cable news networks (CNN, FOX News.....). I wish they would mention these allegations especially with all the attention Weinstein, Spacey, Louis CK, etc are receiving.

Sigh.  I recently posted about how I'm having a reaction to Elisabeth Moss now that I know she's a Scientologist.  Well, I was looking forward to going to see a Swedish movie that's making the rounds, and for some reason decided to check it out a little more closely for some reason, and Elisabeth Moss is in it.  What in the world is SHE doing in a Swedish movie?

I floved the director's last movie, and was totally on board for this one.  Now I'm not so sure.  Oh well.  Might save me $14 and a trip downtown.

4 hours ago, Vicky8675309 said:

Is Jenna Elfman (sp?) joining The Walking Dead? Isn't she a Scientologist? I got bored with the show last season and haven't started watching it again this season. If she is joining the cast then I for sure and not going to watch this season.

There’s already a Scientologist on the cast. I admit, I’m watching it anyway. I’d probably quit watching if Jenna joins the cast just because she’s a terrible actress. 

6 hours ago, Vicky8675309 said:

Is Jenna Elfman (sp?) joining The Walking Dead? Isn't she a Scientologist? I got bored with the show last season and haven't started watching it again this season. If she is joining the cast then I for sure and not going to watch this season.

You must not be aware that Alanna Masterson (Tara on Walking Dead) is the sister of Danny "Mr. Rapey" Masterson and is a Scientologist.  Which is a shame, because I want to like her, but I can't, just because of that.  $5 says she's the one responsible for bringing Jenna on the show.

Edited by LadyArcadia
2 hours ago, LadyArcadia said:

You must not be aware that Alanna Masterson (Tara on Walking Dead) is the sister of Danny "Mr. Rapey" Masterson and is a Scientologist.  Which is a shame, because I want to like her, but I can't, just because of that.  $5 says she's the one responsible for bringing Jenna on the show.

Hmm.....I was not aware of that.  Just looked at this to see more about her.  I don't know the family's story, but, it says that Alanna and her siblings are estranged from their father. Hmmmm.....that seems to be a common theme with COS members. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alanna_Masterson

Edited by SunnyBeBe
2 hours ago, LadyArcadia said:

Yeah I still enjoy watching The Walking Dead but every time Alanna is on the screen I say out loud "Alanna call you father. He misses you." Jenna is going to be on Fear the Walking Dead, which I don't watch. But hey maybe we'll get to watch her get eaten. 

26 minutes ago, LegalParrot81 said:

Interesting....

Danny Masterson story

At least one of his victims has found her voice.....against Masterson and to some extent the Cults response.

I saw that story today. Good for her! 

Well, I was weak and saw the Swedish movie that has Elisabeth Moss in it.  I went to the $11 matinee instead of paying $14, in case she's getting a cut.

She wasn't on screen all that much, and her character seemed normal at first and turned out to be a nut job, so it seemed kind of fitting.