Type keyword(s) to search

High Profile Scientologists: Tom, Travolta, and More!

• Start Topic

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Happy Birthday Katie Holmes!

Yes indeedy - Katie hits the big 38 today

In other kinda/sorta CO$-related birthday news, Brad Pitt (long relationship with with Juliette Lewis) turns 53, and Steven Spielberg (finally told Tommy to pound sand) turns 70 today.  70!  Remember when he was a 20-something wunderkind?

I like Leah's documentary but we already know a lot given the books that are out.  I want to hear things that I know we never will, unless a celeb in the know has no fear and spills some tea.   More on Tom and Katie's divorce, John and Kelly's marriage, the scandal of him with men, how they operate with all this flying around them.  I want dirt.  A lot of dirt.  NOW!

7 minutes ago, spiderpig said:

Happy Birthday Katie Holmes!

Yes indeedy - Katie hits the big 38 today

In other kinda/sorta CO$-related birthday news, Brad Pitt (long relationship with with Juliette Lewis) turns 53, and Steven Spielberg (finally told Tommy to pound sand) turns 70 today.  70!  Remember when he was a 20-something wunderkind?

He did!????  How did he do that?  See, this is the stuff that gives me life's breath.  LOL.   But no, really.  

2 minutes ago, wings707 said:

He did!????  How did he do that?  See, this is the stuff that gives me life's breath.  LOL.   But no, really.  

Steven did Minority Report with Tommy in 2002, but when it came to War of the Worlds in 2005, Tommy went full clam-mode, insisting on having a Clam tent on location.  I'll have to go back and refresh my memory, but CO$ goons targeted Steven's son, who was receiving therapy for a learning disorder and reportedly followed the child to his therapist's office.  Kate Capshaw (Steven's wife) went apeshit.  End of Steven/Tommy's cinematic collaboration.

No loss for Steven.  He's still going strong, and Tommy is no Tom Hanks.

On 12/14/2016 at 0:38 PM, spiderpig said:

Even though a lot of people claim Tommy was funny in Tropic Thunder, I always get the impression that in real life he has absolutely no sense of humor. About anything. Talking to him would be like conversing with a tree stump.

I've always said that about him, that he can't poke fun at himself because he takes himself so seriously.  I mean, you see other actors parody themselves and show that they're in on the joke and see the humor, but never TC.  Never.  My kids laugh because I've always said TC has mean eyes.  Whenever they tell someone my opinion of The Diminutive One, they all turn to me and wait for me to say, "He has mean eyes!"

31 minutes ago, magpye29 said:

I've always said that about him, that he can't poke fun at himself because he takes himself so seriously.  I mean, you see other actors parody themselves and show that they're in on the joke and see the humor, but never TC.  Never.  My kids laugh because I've always said TC has mean eyes.  Whenever they tell someone my opinion of The Diminutive One, they all turn to me and wait for me to say, "He has mean eyes!"

You are so right!!!  Even with that big fake toothy grin, his eyes are dead like a shark's.  

Remember back in the day when his publicist, Pat Kingsley (who was credited with making his career), was villified for being such a controlling meanie?  Tommy fired her and made his own sister his publicist.  Disaster.  I don't know who or what is representing him now.

Apparently Pat was able to keep the lid on Tommy's crazy - at least to the general population.  Once he dumped her, the wheels came off the bus.  Not that he cares, because he has Super Powers.

Nut.

3 hours ago, magpye29 said:

I just realized that Cruise has never hosted SNL - this definitely must have something to do with that.

Seems Tommy has sold his California real estate and is on the move to Clearwater FL to become number two in the CULT.

Good riddance you nut ball, enjoy the rest of your eternity(s) with Miscavige and I hope CO$ bleeds you dry and you end up like crazy Howard Hughes did with your urine in milk jars and tissue boxes as shoes looking like a dirty homeless man!

13 minutes ago, mbaywife123 said:

Seems Tommy has sold his California real estate and is on the move to Clearwater FL to become number two in the CULT.

Good riddance you nut ball, enjoy the rest of your eternity(s) with Miscavige and I hope CO$ bleeds you dry and you end up like crazy Howard Hughes did with your urine in milk jars and tissue boxes as shoes looking like a dirty homeless man!

Random thought - didn't OJ Simpson dump his Brentwood estate and move to Florida to (reportedly) protect his assets from the Goldman/Brown families' civil suits? IIRC a legal residence is off limits to damage settlements.

I wouldn't put anything past the little creep.  (Either of them.)

18 minutes ago, spiderpig said:

Random thought - didn't OJ Simpson dump his Brentwood estate and move to Florida to (reportedly) protect his assets from the Goldman/Brown families' civil suits? IIRC a legal residence is off limits to damage settlements.

I wouldn't put anything past the little creep.  (Either of them.)

Yep! Both TX & FL are debtors and lawsuits judgements paradise for dead beats!

And wasn't Tommy supposed to be buying the LRH estate in East Grinstead, UK to set up as a world headquarters and Mecca for The Clams?  Again, some folderall I recall from awhile ago.  These loonies are indeed beyond belief.

2 minutes ago, spiderpig said:

And wasn't Tommy supposed to be buying the LRH estate in East Grinstead, UK to set up as a world headquarters and Mecca for The Clams?  Again, some folderall I recall from awhile ago.  These loonies are indeed beyond belief.

Better for Tommy to purchase a 3M penthouse in"Clear" Water  FL from a current CO$ member than risk any pesky inquiry from those damn British people.

2 minutes ago, mbaywife123 said:

Better for Tommy to purchase a 3M penthouse in"Clear" Water  FL from a current CO$ member than risk any pesky inquiry from those damn British people.

Isn't this a case of real life being lightyears more fascinating than fiction?

Didn't Germany refuse to acknowledge $cientology as a religion, and The Clams fought tooth and nail?

I think (have to research) Germany backed down for now...but it seems the handwriting is on the wall for The Clams.  If any country knows about strongarm tactics, it's Germany.

I think ridicule on the worldwide stage is the way to go with these fanatics.  They take themselves so seriously that they set themselves up for parody and derision.

2 minutes ago, spiderpig said:

Isn't this a case of real life being lightyears more fascinating than fiction?

Didn't Germany refuse to acknowledge $cientology as a religion, and The Clams fought tooth and nail?

I think (have to research) Germany backed down for now...but it seems the handwriting is on the wall for The Clams.  If any country knows about strongarm tactics, it's Germany.

I think ridicule on the worldwide stage is the way to go with these fanatics.  They take themselves so seriously that they set themselves up for parody and derision.

YES!, and this is how RICO statues may apply to bring down this CULT.

7 minutes ago, SherriAnt said:

What does Clams mean?

And I'll jump on the Tom Cruise hate bandwagon, especially now that he's made Jack Reacher shrink by a foot.

In the unintelligible drek L Ron produced, there is a mix of Xenu, volcanos, and humans descending from clams.  An anti-CO$ website is called Operation Clambake. This is from Wiki:

The term for the organization refers both to a traditional clam bake, as well as the notion from L. Ron Hubbard's Scientology: A History of Man that humans follow a "genetic line" which includes clams, and that the psychological problems afflicting humans are impacted by past experiences. 

You just can't make this stuff up, as Dave Barry always says.

And I'm with you on Reacher.  It's like casting PeeWee Herman as Indiana Jones.

8 minutes ago, spiderpig said:

In the unintelligible drek L Ron produced, there is a mix of Xenu, volcanos, and humans descending from clams.  An anti-CO$ website is called Operation Clambake. This is from Wiki:

The term for the organization refers both to a traditional clam bake, as well as the notion from L. Ron Hubbard's Scientology: A History of Man that humans follow a "genetic line" which includes clams, and that the psychological problems afflicting humans are impacted by past experiences. 

Okay It is official, I think I love you spiderpig ( don't tell Mr. mbay)

On 12/14/2016 at 10:47 AM, MaggieG said:

I was never really a Tom Cruise fan (though A Few Good Men is one of my favorites), so I didn't really care for him either way. After watching Going Clear, I am terrified of him and I hope I never run into him in a dark alley.

It's his eyes.  There's something dark and unsettling behind them.  I think it was Leah who talked about how when Tom looks at you, it's like laser beams staring into your soul or something (total paraphrasing, mind you).  I find him one heartbeat away from becoming unhinged.

I would stand in line in the rain at midnight for a chance to grab a book written by Katie Holmes about her experiences with Cruise.  I doubt she'd ever do that because of her daughter, and because she's afraid of what Cruise would do.  Maybe someday she'll be able to tell her story.

12 hours ago, spiderpig said:

Clams!?!?  Clams having traditional clam bakes?  There is crazy.  There is crazy crazy.  Then there is unbelievable silly lunatic crazier than crazy.

And poor Clearwater.  My father couldn't take northern winters anymore so at age 7 we moved to Clearwater.  We chose it cause he was a big baseball fan and the Phillies spring train there and since we came from eastern PA they were our team back then. 

So I grew up there before "The Coming of the Psycho Cult."  It was a nice, pleasant Florida coastal city at the time.  Which is to say not really the south but a mixture of northeastern and midwestern transplants.  My mother used to work a few blocks away from the Fort Harrison Hotel.  After my father died the rest of us preferred the north and left.  Thanks goodness we all left before these lunatics made mincemeat of it.  (Though the Phillies still train there.  Maybe that is why they never win.  They are cursed with bad vibes or something.  But hey I moved to New England and am 100% Red Sox now so I don't care).

5 hours ago, laurakaye said:

It's his eyes.  There's something dark and unsettling behind them.  I think it was Leah who talked about how when Tom looks at you, it's like laser beams staring into your soul or something (total paraphrasing, mind you).  I find him one heartbeat away from becoming unhinged.

I would stand in line in the rain at midnight for a chance to grab a book written by Katie Holmes about her experiences with Cruise.  I doubt she'd ever do that because of her daughter, and because she's afraid of what Cruise would do.  Maybe someday she'll be able to tell her story.

I'd be right behind you in line for Katie's book.  Part of Tommy's divorce settlements must be the demand for absolute silence on anything regarding the marriages - at least for Nicole and Katie.  I guess he was burned by Mimi Rogers.  Remember her (Playboy, I think) interview where she said Tommy lived like a monk and wanted to keep his instrument pure?   Have to find that quote.  OK, here it is from an old Entertainment Weekly item:

The couple was childless, and rumors about Cruise’s fertility ran rampant. It didn’t help when Rogers joked in a 1993 Playboy interview that ”Tom was seriously thinking of becoming a monk…he thought he had to be celibate to maintain the purity of his instrument.” Her own instrument, she added, ”needed tuning.”

(The thing is, she probably wasn't joking.)

I think it will be very interesting when Tom Cruise gets older.  Scientology doesn't treat its older members very well, especially those in the Sea.Org.  I guess they feel that if you're level whatever, you should be able to heal anything with your mind, or something like that.  

I wonder what would happen if Tom Cruise is seriously hurt on a movie set, or if he gets sick or something.  Things happen when you age and you really can't do anything about it.  I wonder how Cruise would handle it.

On 12/18/2016 at 5:08 PM, serenitynow said:

I read a Vanity Fair article this morning about the girl he dated before Katie and his relationship with Katie.  And how the church is so involved in his life.  It's so bizarre.

Do you mean NazanI. Bondiani?

1 hour ago, fastiller said:

Do you mean NazanI. Bondiani?

Interesting about these auditions for Tommy's public consort.  Before they settled on Katie, CO$ reportedly pursued Jennifer Garner, who wanted nothing to do with him.  Then they invited Scarlett Johanssen to a fancy "private" dinner with Tommy, which was to be followed by an auditing in an adjoining room.  Once she realized the set-up, she bolted.

Didn't Nazani, who was already a "church" member, do something in the staged courtship that displeased The Clams and out she went?

smh...

The Vanity Fair article about Nazanin Boniadi and Tom Cruise blew my mind when I read it. I mean, she got "reported" on for the very first words she ever spoke to Tom.  They even made her have her braces removed early!  So crazy.   http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2012/10/katie-holmes-divorce-scientology

I actually met Nazanin back in 2008 when I was visiting a friend who worked on General Hospital with her and she was so lovely.  Just exceptionally kind and gracious, not to mention stunningly gorgeous.  This was several years before I became interested in the craziness of Scientology, but man I wish I could go back in time and talk to her again, knowing what I know now.

I saw a Vanity Fair article about Juliette Lewis where she mentions Scientology. This is the relevant excerpt, which seems to indicate that she's either just parroting the party line or she hasn't gotten very far up the Bridge.

I’m not sure how to segue into this, so I’ll just come out and ask. You’re a Scientologist, right?

I am, yeah.

Do you celebrate Christmas? I’ve never been sure about that. Does Christmas count as a Scientology holiday?

Oh yeah. We absolutely celebrate Christmas.

So you have a tree with ornaments and eggnog and presents and Christmas carols that aren’t about Xenu?

I’m a Christian! I think there’s so much confusion because people don’t understand a religion where you can be another religion but you can still practice Scientology. That’s why it’s completely progressive. It’s just tools for living. It’s about understanding one’s self and others and compassion and how to communicate better and how to live in this troubled society. It’s really basic, common sense stuff. It has nothing to do with all this funny folklore that surrounds it. You could be a Jewish Scientologist or a Buddhist Scientologist or a Christian Scientologist or anything else.

Do you believe your ancestors were reincarnated aliens?

That’s not been a part of my experience, no. (Laughs.)

So... you don’t believe you came from aliens?

I was thinking about where that idea came from, and I was like, “Oh, maybe it’s because [L. Ron] Hubbard was a successful science fiction writer, so they’re confusing his science fiction with his other studies that have nothing to do with science fiction.” It’s like you thinking I might punch somebody in the face because I played somebody who punched somebody in the face in a movie.

That’s actually a pretty good analogy. I wasn’t expecting that.

I’m used to misconceptions. And honestly, I don’t care to explain Scientology to people. You can investigate it on your own. It’s not that difficult. There are Web sites and all sorts of resources. The one thing that troubles me is when rumor becomes hatred and prejudice towards a group of people. That’s when it becomes scary, when you have people trying to take away other people’s right to practice a religion of your own choosing.

You’re taking all the fun out of mocking Scientology.

My experience is, there’s nothing alarming or inhibitive about Scientology. I don’t find it judgmental. I can’t speak for somebody else’s experience. It’s just my own.

Edited by lordonia

I was thinking the opposite about the famous celebs who are now famous Scientologists. I was thinking that they may LEAVE it.  After they are much older and have so much money, why do they need the church any more? I'd suspect that it has caused them a lot of grief, no matter what they say publicly.  It might be embarrassing and they may lose some of their church family, but, it would likely garner much public praise for their decision.  

I wonder how Tom C. got permission to file that lawsuit against some tabloid a couple of years ago.  Recall that it ended up backfiring on him when they got into the deposition. The details about his personal life in public.....  Why would they have allowed him to do this and take the risk of exposing Scientology consequences in his life?  I wondered at the time why he made that judgment call, but now that I realize just how controlling Scientology is....it really makes me wonder how it happened. Would he have done it without their approval or against their approval?  Odd, imo.

Hey All!! 

I've been enjoying Leah's documentary as well. It's unreal what is going on in Scientology and I'm glad she's exposing it. 

Just to bring up another famous name to throw in the mix is Lisa Marie Presley according to Tony Ortegas website she's DM's worst nightmare right now. She has left the church and is basically trying to blow it up, she hasn't spoken publicly about it yet but plans to at some point. 

I have heard that Toms daughter Bella has actually left the church as well. I didn't know this but apparently they have tried to keep it hush hush because it looks bad that another one of Toms people have defected. 

Edited by SiobhanJW
5 minutes ago, SiobhanJW said:

Just to bring up another famous name to throw in the mix is Lisa Marie Presley according to Tony Ortegas website she's DM's worst nightmare right now. She has left the church and is basically trying to blow it up, she hasn't spoken publicly about it yet but plans to at some point. 

I have heard through a close friend of mine that Toms daughter Bella has actually left the church as well. I didn't know this but apparently they have tried to keep it hush hush because it looks bad that another one of Toms people have defected. 

I'd forgotten about LMP.  She doesn't seem the type to avoid speaking her mind, so I can't wait until she spills.  Priscilla's still in the cult, isn't she? (Not the brightest bulb on the tree.)

That's right - Tommy didn't even go to Bella's wedding, did he, Mr. Father-of-the-Year?  Wonder if she'll attempt to reconnect with Nicole.

Also wonder if Tommy will ever stage another photo op with Suri, since she's no longer useful to him.  Can you imagine what it's like for a 10-year-old to have your famous/rich/movie star father (to her, anyway) not bother to see you for (what is it?) THREE YEARS?

I think Nicole's always had contact with the kids just not the amount she'd like. It's probably why she won't say anything about CO$. I'm pretty sure Bella is still in it just maybe not as gungho as Conner. Bella did call the rumors she doesn't talk to her mom bs this year. She of course could be lying. 

On ‎12‎/‎15‎/‎2016 at 9:29 PM, fastiller said:

I also have the same issue with Beck. Love his music; always wonder if there're some embedded Co$ messages in the songs 

What?!?!?!  Noooooooooooooooo!!!  *sobbing*  I love(d) Beck.

I was thinking that they may LEAVE it.  After they are much older and have so much money, why do they need the church any more? 

Actually it seems like that may be the reason why so many big celebrities join and remain in Scientology. I mean think about it: when you've got it all - looks, fame, money - what else is there to want? These people are searching for meaning in their lives because they've got just about everything, materially, one could ask for and it must leave them wondering if this is all there is. 

I'll never forget this one interview that I saw with John T.  on the Charlie Rose interview show. (PBS) (But, I think there was a fill-in for Charlie. I can't recall who it was right now.  It was a big name though. Anyone recall?) He was trying to convince us that meds were not the answer and that his son was fine. This was before Jett's death.  It seems like it might have been around 2008.  I don't think it was the one from 1999.  He really was adamant and I recall wondering what was really going on with Jett. 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
On 12/19/2016 at 0:23 PM, Neurochick said:

I think Tom Cruise will one day lead Scientology, unseating Miscavige.  This will probably happen when Cruise's career starts to go down the tubes, when he's too old to make action movies.

I agree with this 100%.

Tommy Girl is already treated like the Messiah by CO$.

On 12/19/2016 at 8:46 PM, Neurochick said:

I think it will be very interesting when Tom Cruise gets older.  Scientology doesn't treat its older members very well, especially those in the Sea.Org.  I guess they feel that if you're level whatever, you should be able to heal anything with your mind, or something like that.  

I wonder what would happen if Tom Cruise is seriously hurt on a movie set, or if he gets sick or something.  Things happen when you age and you really can't do anything about it.  I wonder how Cruise would handle it.

If he has invested well and can keep giving them money, and/or remains popular enough in their minds for PR, he'll be fine.  If not, it will indeed be interesting!

20 hours ago, iMonrey said:

Actually it seems like that may be the reason why so many big celebrities join and remain in Scientology. I mean think about it: when you've got it all - looks, fame, money - what else is there to want? These people are searching for meaning in their lives because they've got just about everything, materially, one could ask for and it must leave them wondering if this is all there is. 

I question "so many" big celebrities. It doesn't take 2 hands to count them. 

There may be some who remain closeted we don't know, but my guess is not many. 

I'll never forget this one interview that I saw with John T.  on the Charlie Rose interview show. (PBS) (But, I think there was a fill-in for Charlie. I can't recall who it was right now.  It was a big name though. Anyone recall?) He was trying to convince us that meds were not the answer and that his son was fine. This was before Jett's death.  It seems like it might have been around 2008.  I don't think it was the one from 1999.  He really was adamant and I recall wondering what was really going on with Jett. 

I really thought he might leave the church over everything that went down with Jett's death. The Travoltas live near here and John was pretty regularly seen out and about with Jett and it was quietly accepted that Jett was autistic (likely among other things, as well) -- there was a lovely interview in the local paper after his death with the waitress at the IHOP that served them regularly about how much Jett loved pancakes and how John would bring him in to celebrate things and whatnot.  I think it was a big deal to John that he wasn't really allowed by COS to use the term 'autistic' (probably now expunged from all public records, but I recall him doing so at least once publicly) and the issue with wanting to let the kid take meds was a big one for him later on (a big switch from the interview you mention and, again, probably now expunged since he's back in the COS full-tilt).

Anyhoo, he had those tabloid-y scandals soon after and stayed in the church, and then funded the building of a big ol' COS center in the nearest 'big' town to where he lives and they ignored all that went down with Jett.  Fascinatingly strange, the whole thing.

Someome told me that they get them with the auditing and support first and then they start doing the taxes and I guess that is where they really get them.  Taxes.  Meh, I dunno. 

I'm just shocked Katie got away.  How was that possible? 

10 minutes ago, savannah1985 said:

^^^somebody blinked

Her dad had everything in place knowing how this would end the minute she told him she was to marry.  What a smart man. 

He even got her an apartment in NYC all ready and waiting from what I heard.  I have not yet read how the escape went down if it is even out there. It  had to have been a well orchestrated maneuver since she always had a handler with her. 

I wonder if climbing out a window was part of it!  It was probably less dramatic than my imagination.

34 minutes ago, wings707 said:

Her dad had everything in place knowing how this would end the minute she told him she was to marry.  What a smart man. 

He even got her an apartment in NYC all ready and waiting from what I heard.  I have not yet read how the escape went down if it is even out there. It  had to have been a well orchestrated maneuver since she always had a handler with her. 

Extremely smart man. I want him to write a book! 

I figured Katie must have major dirt on Tom to escape so cleanly and quickly in the divorce.  

I have seen clams used in reference to cos peeps a few times.   What does it mean?

Travolta must keep pretty quiet.  I don't see much about him and cos.  Or am I looking in the wrong places?

I see what clams means now! I Missed it earlier. 

Edited by Sgt Pepper
Clams. Haha