Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E10: Christmas Eve Eve

Cranberry

Jess struggles to keep the loft’s Secret Santa afloat, while helping Reagan plan a Christmas surprise for Nick. When Winston believes his gift for Cece won’t be delivered in time, Winston and Schmidt go on a mission to track it down.

I've been so bored with this show I've begun to focus on the minutia and over the past several episodes I have noticed that Jess's glasses don't seem to have any glass in them. They are just empty frames. You can tell the difference with Robbie's glasses, because when he turns his head you can see the light reflected off of them. Not so with Jess's. 

At this point I don't know if they plan on putting Nick and Jess back together or not, but one thing is clear to me: Regan and Nick really don't work and neither do Robbie and Jess.

• Love 2

This might be the holiday season talking, but I loved this episode.

- It had plenty of irritated/indignant Schmidt (which is my very favourite kind of Schmidt); the scene in the store where he tried to convince Winston to buy Cece a blanket instead of a bean bag chair (including the flashback to the Pictionary game that inspired the idea) and the way Winston said "no" when the blanket was first suggested...just delightful.

- Jess screaming "Son of a whore!" when the Christmas tree stopped working. (I may have had a similar moment myself recently.)

- Nick referring to "TV Town Song Room" and Schmidt's reaction (“Do you mean Radio City Music Hall? How could you get so many things wrong in a row?”).

- Darlene Love singing Christmas (Baby Please Come Home), which makes almost any situation better.

- Plus, Furguson in antlers! Come on.

• Love 14

I enjoyed this. Robby was barely there and the stuff we got was actually pretty good! I think the writers just suck at writing Jess love life plots. Like when they're on the side of a main plot they're anywhere from fine to great but when they're the focus, things just fall apart no matter who the guy is.

Schmidt and Winston going to an actual store was delightful and I'm so happy Winston stood his ground and got Cece the right gift. I love signs that the friendships in this group do run deep. That's also why I was delighted by "TV Town Song Room" and Schmidt knowing what Nick meant. That's such a good sign of their deep and long friendship. Plus, Nick nailing his gift for Schmidt was nice. Nick often is too dumb for words (not being able to choose a wedding gift for example) so I like seeing him be quirky and funny but competent. The Due Date/Do Date thing also amused me. I worried that Nick would screw up somehow and that would ruin Secret Santa but instead he just procrastinated but got it done right in the end. That's a well written Nick.

Obviously the sticking point here is the fight(?) between Nick and Jess. I liked it (but I do still kind of ship them even though I know it nearly killed the show last time.) Nick pointing out that Jess has been off for a while is very true and it's like he knows exactly why that is, but doesn't want to say. It really worked for me, but I know that when it comes to Nick/Jess I'm in the minority.

The ending was fun, but since Robby did all of it, the gang didn't really come through for Jess which makes me sad. Sure they probably helped plan it, but I would have liked cocoa, the song and a smaller dance party in the loft if it meant that the gang had put it all together on their own.

• Love 6

So Robbie gets to stand out in the cold for a gag, wrap everyone else's presents to maintain anonymity, and come through with the biggest and best gift in the end, but he doesn't get to be part of the secret Santa? I get that most people don't like him, but he does understand Jess in a way most people don't and I was truly indignant on his behalf for how badly he got used.

• Love 6

Maybe I`m just in a happy holiday mood, but I really liked this episode, especially compared to a lot of this seasons episodes. I like when the show focuses more on the characters, and not on romance. I actually do like Robbie, so I dont exactly mind his plots with Jess, but where this show shines is when it has its characters be quirky friends doing quirky things. 

I love Winston and Ceces friendship and the call backs to various classic Winston and Cece mess arounds! Plus we haven't gotten a Winston and Schmidt plot in awhile, with the addition of store related antics! 

Really, this episode had me at Ferguson with antlers. 

• Love 6

Some good Jess moments for sure. When she tells the hamster to stop running in his wheel, and he does, "Wait does that work?"

I don't know why we were lead to believe that Nick was in the wrong in his and Jess's interaction though. She has been jerking him around in his own interactions, and insisting that he not make the effort to go see his girlfriend without providing a good reason why would be intolerable to many people. I do get that he would feel like an ass after Jess made the reveal, but in my opinion she backed him into a corner with her insistence on trying to keep him from leaving without telling him why.

• Love 1

Classic Winston CeCe mess around is always welcome. Ditto everyone who loved Ferguson in antlers. I actually liked Nick calling Jess out - "WHAT MORE DO I HAVE TO DO..." 

I liked that they all had to confer quietly to decide whether they were going to go along with the Secret Santa. Schmidt continues to be the best thing ever.

• Love 1
On 12/14/2016 at 11:55 PM, MischaMouse said:

I was really bored with this episode until Furguson in the antlers. That made me tear up...I may be a little sappy. ;)

Nope, Furguson is the best and we all should tear up every time we see him. 

• Love 4
On 12/14/2016 at 1:31 PM, April Bloodgate said:

When Robbie was wrapping gifts, he would have noticed that there were 2 for Winston and  none for Jess. Are we supposed to think that this was all on purpose so that she could be surprised at the end?

Maybe he just figured that this was something weird they all agreed on and he wasn't sure, but wanted to make sure Jess didn't feel excluded anyway and planned his own thing.

I love Robbie and Jess together, so that's just my take on it lol

• Love 1