Type keyword(s) to search

Season 14 Last Chance Kitchen

ProudMary
  • Start Topic

12 hours ago, spiderpig said:

She was griping about losing her SF restaurant in an early ep (of course it was not her fault - bad partners) when she identified herself as doing private dining in Napa.  I Googled her like a good ptver, and found this:

"She currently works as the Executive Chef for the Inn at Rancho Santa Fe in the San Diego area and continues her private dining business in the Napa Valley."

Whatever floats her boat.  We're going to an event in Napa at the end of the month where we know the Executive Chef and (better yet) the support staff well.  I'll have to ask about her.

You must report back!

• Love 1
5 hours ago, anniebird said:

Her talking heads make me crazy - she always speaks as if everything she says is of great import but her grammar sucks! Here's a clue, Casey - "she and I" should only be used at the beginning of a sentence or a phrase, not after a preposition. If I hear her say. "Between she and I" one more time.....

Yes!  Drives me nuts. 

• Love 1

I really wish they put recipes up. I'd love to try both of the dishes he tried (the "lettuce cream" sounded really interesting, and I'd love to make the cauliflower soup with that really interesting garnish of preserved lemon and olives).

• Love 1

If you contact the chef/competitor, they'll usually share recipes. Via Facebook is a good place to start. Kenny Gilbert gave me his winning sweet & sour eggplant recipe, and Ed Cotton shared his deep-fried banana kabobs he fixed that Tom declared were every stoner's dream. :)

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, dleighg said:

I really wish they put recipes up. I'd love to try both of the dishes he tried (the "lettuce cream" sounded really interesting, and I'd love to make the cauliflower soup with that really interesting garnish of preserved lemon and olives).

"Lettuce cream" reminds me of Rita Rudner's standup routine:

"Cream of tartar...I hope it's not what I think it is."

• Love 2
34 minutes ago, dleighg said:

Preserved lemons are violently salted.  My son gave me a jar one xmas. I tasted and never used them. 

Years ago before computers, the new BC, a chef on TV said to sautée the outer leaves of lettuce rather than discard them.  I did that, and then discarded them!  

When Casey said her sauce added a bitter element, I said (out loud) to no one, oh Yeah I know it did that.  

Edited by wings707
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, dleighg said:

I have preserved lemons. And like them. I thought Casey spoke about the bitter element (in her lettuce cream -- with Romaine)

Yes it was Casey.  I knew that! Lol  I edited my post.  

Edited by wings707

Of course Brooke is going to be the one who comes back.  I've thought the fix was in from the start with her and this is just the storyline they want... Brooke got beaten in the finale in her season by the LCK winner and now she will do the same thing.  Ugh!  So irritating!

• Love 3
10 hours ago, wings707 said:

Preserved lemons are violently salted.  My son gave me a jar one xmas. I tasted and never used them. 

They are intense for sure and a little will go a long way - but used in reasonable amounts they are amazing.  They're all salty but some are saltier than others.  I love the ones they have at Kalyustan's that have not just salt but saffron, grains of paradise, nigella seeds - really delicious.

I haven't watched LCK, but I'm bummed to read here that Sylva has been eliminated.  I was hoping he might win.  My other favorite is Sheldon, though, so I'll be pulling for him to go all the way. I think he's the original nice guy.

Brook?  If she wins the whole shebang, I'll know the fix was in.  She is so egotistical that I can't stand to watch or listen to her.

• Love 4
On 2/11/2017 at 10:20 AM, dleighg said:

so I made my own recipe and it was quite nice. I based it off of this (with more garlic as in the recipe plus a whole head of roasted garlic, plus I used milk instead of water)  I made my own garnish with roasted red pepper, chopped olives, preserved lemon, and chopped dill. 

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/216950/roasted-cauliflower-soup/

Ugh, so Brooke is back. I predict it will be Sheldon against Brooke in the end (the fix was in). I hope Sheldon wins it all and this isn't a setup for Brooke to win. How many times does Brooke have to mention Kristin?

• Love 2

Ugh, so Brooke is back. I predict it will be Sheldon against Brooke in the end (the fix was in). I hope Sheldon wins it all and this isn't a setup for Brooke to win. How many times does Brooke have to mention Kristin?

I think the Dancing Elves edit things to play up the story lines that they think are good, but I truly believe that Tom makes every decision based on his tastes and does not care about the story line. Now he may like Brooke, but there is no way he would go along with an fix. YMMV

• Love 3