Type keyword(s) to search

Season 14 Last Chance Kitchen

ProudMary
  • Start Topic

Not sure if we have to do spoilers here, but

Gerald may not have the most finesse in the kitchen, but Annie has repeatedly been an airhead and her own worst enemy.  Maybe she's self-conscious at the idea of being on-camera, but she gave Tom a clear reason to send her home when she left off the stupid cheese.

Buh-bye!

Edited by aquarian1
No need for spoiler tags, the whole thread is spoiler tagged.
  • Love 3

That was a tough challenge.  It wasn't as fun to watch given they had to choose ingredients based on time AND had such a short time to shop.  I doubt that will happen again since it seemed chosen specifically for them.  I noticed (clip) that Annie didn't get her pie crust fully cooked because the ovens were full, not because her time management was faulty.  Too bad.  The Rookies were all over the place.  

Gerald is not going to make it very far either; I don't see him being able to out cook anyone else, really.  

Annie was a mess and not cut out for this competition.  

• Love 2

No need for spoiler tags here (so long as it's something that has already "aired" on LCK).  I don't watch programming online, so I never see LCK; I'm thankful for those of you who do and post about it here so I can keep track of who's waiting in the wings.

I'm not surprised Annie lost, but I also don't think Gerald will stick around long.  I suspect that, unless a super-talented chef goes out unexpectedly early, there will be a lot of turnover in LCK for the first half of the season, and after that we may see someone go on a winning streak.

• Love 5

Had poor Annie just remembered to grate some cheddar on top, I think she would have beaten Gerald's "chowder" that wasn't.   Her dish looked quite tasty, but failing to comply with a specific requirement left Tom no choice but to give her the boot.  

Gerald might just make it through another week if Jamie is eliminated--I think he should have been PYKAGd last night--and is given an LCK challenge to cook some vegetables without burning them!

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Bastet said:

I'm not surprised Annie lost, but I also don't think Gerald will stick around long.  I suspect that, unless a super-talented chef goes out unexpectedly early, there will be a lot of turnover in LCK for the first half of the season, and after that we may see someone go on a winning streak.

Unless there's a beast in the kitchen who's been PYKAG'd too early (like Kristen), then I always think LCK can be anyone's game at any time.  

• Love 2
27 minutes ago, tvfanatic13 said:

Anyone else but me have a problem loading LCK on Bravo?

If you have Ad Block, you may need to disable it or "pause" it for the video to load. On my system it will not run unless I let Bravo run the ad in the front of each LCK vid, and every vid (e.g. any of the TC video snippets, previews, etc) by Bravo for that matter.

(Don't forget - "Bravo" and "ka-ching" are synonyms.)

Edited by chiaros
5 hours ago, spiderpig said:

No surprise here.  I guess we get Mr. Smugbonnet for at least another week.

I have mixed feelings about that.

Part of me wants Sam eliminated for good, ASAP.

Part of me wants Sam to win LCK week after week, to see him so close to getting back in, only to fail at the last LCK challenge.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, Constantinople said:

Part of me wants Sam to win LCK week after week, to see him so close to getting back in, only to fail at the last LCK challenge.

I can see this happening to an extent.  It would certainly not surprise me to see Sam go on a six to seven week LCK run where he successively beats many of the lesser cheftestants.  He's a very good chef and could go long on LCK but I never did anticipate him making the final four against the likes of Brooke, Sheldon, Shirley, Casey and perhaps even Sylvia, Silva or Emily of the first time competitors.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Constantinople said:

You are a villain after my own heart, Constantinople.  Cheers!

• Love 1
1 hour ago, some1105 said:

Yes.  She is Not Here To Make Friends.  In fact, she seems to have built her life philosophy on never making any friends anywhere.

I guess she had originally wanted to be on America's Next Top Model and somehow "Chef" replaced "Model" because I swear, I've watched the first three episodes and have no idea who she is.  I think the only "new" woman I recall offhand is Sylvia and only because she's NOT Sylva (Silva?) who I really do like.  But I remain firmly Team Sheldon, exactly where I was in Season 10.

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, PamelaMaeSnap said:

I guess she had originally wanted to be on America's Next Top Model and somehow "Chef" replaced "Model" because I swear, I've watched the first three episodes and have no idea who she is.  I think the only "new" woman I recall offhand is Sylvia and only because she's NOT Sylva (Silva?) who I really do like.  But I remain firmly Team Sheldon, exactly where I was in Season 10.

Interesting because she is the newbie who probably has the most posts about her because of her attitude.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, biakbiak said:

Interesting because she is the newbie who probably has the most posts about her because of her attitude.

Okay, I actually went and looked at the photos and was like, "Oh, HER? No wonder ... I find her so annoying that I have literally blocked her out of my memory and never knew her name anyway." Bleah.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, PamelaMaeSnap said:

Okay, I actually went and looked at the photos and was like, "Oh, HER? No wonder ... I find her so annoying that I have literally blocked her out of my memory and never knew her name anyway." Bleah.

She's a strong chef plus the producers have their "villain" for the season.  She's also the Charleston representative.  I'd say she's going to be around for quite some time.

Sam is cracking me up on LCK. From last week suggesting he and Gerald do a dance off to decide who wins to this week sitting in Gerald's lap because he got the gift of a win from "Santa" and both of his dishes looked/sound great,

• Love 2

I suddenly realized what I could do with that can of Cream of Mushroom soup Mr. pig accidentally picked up with his supply of Campbell's Tomato Soup.  Since I always have a bag of haricots vert in the freezer, I can elevate a common casserole to gourmet status!

ETA:  I loved Tom's suggestion about putting leftover stuffing in a waffle iron.

Edited by spiderpig
  • Love 3

I'm really liking LCK again. Dare I say that I wish it were on tv as part of the show.  I love how relaxed contestants are and Tom is.  

The problem with it being part of the show is someone would decide to add the extraneous crap again and take the fun (maybe that should be my fun) out of it.  It's what TPTB do. It's their job. I guess. I don't know.  

• Love 6

That was fun.  I liked BJ a lot better in LCK than I did on the show proper.  Actually, I like Tom better in LCK too.  He's more relaxed and shows a sense of humor we don't see much of in the regular episodes.  

• Love 9
On 12/23/2016 at 1:56 PM, mlp said:

That was fun.  I liked BJ a lot better in LCK than I did on the show proper.  Actually, I like Tom better in LCK too.  He's more relaxed and shows a sense of humor we don't see much of in the regular episodes.  

To me LCK is often more enjoyable because it's usually just about the cooking without the drama, manufactured or not, and usually, without the bells and whistles of the typical EC.  One of my favorite challenges was from Season 3 when thecheftestants were told to cook anything they wanted provided it included chicken, potato and onion.  LCK is usually more like that.

• Love 4
On 12/23/2016 at 3:07 AM, spiderpig said:

ETA:  I loved Tom's suggestion about putting leftover stuffing in a waffle iron.

I think Tom got that tip from Pinterest!  

Sam doesn't annoy me as much as he used to, and he was very complimentary about BJ.  If BJ has 3 restaurants, he's no slouch.  

I do love how they termed their leftovers battle as "channeling their inner stoner".....*ROFL*   Very fun episode.  

• Love 5

I had a hunch Sylvia would win as I watched her cook.  Breaking the birthday hex was in Toms mind, as well.  He liked both dishes so it appeared to be a draw.  Why now give her the win in that case.  

• Love 2
On 12/30/2016 at 11:52 AM, wings707 said:

I had a hunch Sylvia would win as I watched her cook.  Breaking the birthday hex was in Toms mind, as well.  He liked both dishes so it appeared to be a draw.  Why now give her the win in that case.  

That, and to me raw onions (much as I personally dislike them) are something some people eat some of the time, whereas generally nobody wants a "sort of a burnt taste" in their food, unless it's their marshmallows when they're at a campfire or something.  Not in a fancy dish!  

I'm pleased.  I wanted Sam out.  Not a big fan.  

I liked the idea of lucky foods to break the curse.  That's one thing I really like about LCK, that they try to theme the challenge to whatever took the last chef out.  Sometimes the themes are more tenuous than others, but they don't really have a lot of time to come up with them, and so I think they're pretty no matter what.

• Love 5

I haven't watched it yet, was Amanda as harried and frantic as she usually is?

Not quite as bad as she was in the last few challenges, but still a bit of a mess. 

Sam, you need to burn that sleeveless button down thing you had going on in this episode. Burn it to the ground.

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, hendersonrocks said:

Sam, you need to burn that sleeveless button down thing you had going on in this episode. Burn it to the ground.

I thought it was fine.

I think Amanda was graceful in her turn on LCK and in her exit. She seemed to indicate that she was glad her stint on TC re-introduced her to the pressures of the kitchen, and did not regret that her time on TC was not that long.

• Love 2

Unpopular opinion time: Ugh! I guess Sylvia is destined to come back to the finale.

There's something about her that bugs me and I feel kind of bad for saying that, because I can't put my finger on it. It's almost a sense of entitlement? The comment that she's only 26 and has three restaurants. And then what Brooke was saying about how Sylvia moved to America to do Top Chef??

I dunno. I have such mixed feelings on LCK anyway. Maybe that's colouring everything. Sorry.

• Love 4