Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E03: Rules of Enragement

21 hours ago, tenativelyyours said:

Holy shit!  You got that right.

It is sort of a whitewash attempt with the whole unnecessary drugs thing.  Because he was a huge drug user and fried a part of his brain.  And they tried to medicate that problem and by everything that I heard he got addicted to some of the  meds that he didn't need and that he also then stopped taking the ones he did -- some kind of mood stabilizer and anti-anxiety pills.  He went off the deep end about the time that the first season filmed, lost whatever sinecure he still had in The City and was shipped off to Mapperton to be tucked in a corner.  His younger brother is apparently the one the parents now rely on and have for a while in terms of making business decisions for Mapperton.  Julie to my knowledge is not and has not ever been involved as the current Earl was and then when Luke could only maybe wrap things in the gift shack and shake hands and walk the tables during catered meals/events, they turned to the brother's contacts which include a firm that helps run large houses/properties as a consultant.

The blame was never put on Luke officially though I think there are plenty of credible sources out there if you google enough.  But his drug abuse and the permanent effects were known well before they trotted out the whole poor Luke is a victim aspect.  He ran with a rather nasty crowd, not the party type set that Phlegm likes to portray herself as being a part of, but the ones that dabbled in behavior that was more than just racy (heavy drugs, sex rings in N. Africa etc).

I would hardly call a £1.35 million settlement a whitewashing. You have portrayed Luke Montagu as a sort of imbecilic invalid, implying that this was due to illegal drugs use. Link please.

• Love 3

Adela, Sophie, and Fleming are the only major players in possession of any manners.

Julie was appalling. The most egregious breach of etiquette is to point out the poor etiquette of others and her "house rules" speech was a transparently cutesy and uncouth attempt to make specific guests aggravated and/or uncomfortable. If you've invited this barnyard into your home, then you've done just that and are responsible for making them feel welcome and at home. Her "how's that?" at dinner after directing the women to their places was disgusting and smug. 

However, Juliet and Caroline somehow still managed to be even bigger pigs. Julie should have ejected Juliet when she started cursing at the table. 

After sticking her hands in Adela's face last week, Cstan is revealing herself to be a proverbial thug in a cocktail dress and she's lucky that she's part of a cast with the restraint and decorum to refrain from checking her into next week.

It's amusing to watch Julie and Caroline implode after they aligned against Annabelle last year because Julie established herself right then and there as a manipulative and calculating friend of convenience while Caroline's grievances against Annabelle and Caprice alike seemed to be that they should leave the group if they were going to be grumpy about being a part of it. 

• Love 8

In my opinion, no one else has changed as much as Julie. She started out a bit ditzy - the yogi who was an outsider but was generally kind to all. She had a big mouth, but there was no malice. What I've noticed this year is that Julie has become a smug, self-important person who relentlessly plays the victim (it seems as though everyone is mean to her).  And I do see some malice in her need to spread gossip. Caroline S, Juliet and Marissa are the very same people they were when the series started. They have always had the confidence to be themselves.  I don't find Julie's evolution interesting - in fact, I find her super annoying. . 

• Love 7
On December 15, 2016 at 7:43 AM, rehoboth said:

As much as there is to say about Stanbury's behavior at Mapperton, I was bothered more by Julie as the host.  You just don't call out some of your guests in front of everybody and expect good results.  A real host does their best to make everyone comfortable and Julie's talk did the opposite (with the possible exception of Caroline Fleming).  I'm sure Bravo loved it.

I don't mind Caroline S. because I detest Julie and I wonder if she can get through an episode without uttering the word "Mapperton."  She looks like she's closer to 60 than 50 to me.

Juliet looks better in her TH's than she does on the show, doesn't even look like the same person.

Glad Marissa's baby is okay, but I don't care a hill of beans about Marissa.

I don't like Sophie, the longer hair makes her look older IMO.

• Love 1

Didn't Juliet wear, at a party/dinner last season, a light blue version of the Little House on the Prairie dress that she's wearing at the Mapperton dinner? Is she wearing these dresses ironically, or does she really think that they are stylish?

The subject matter was sad, but Caroline Fleming made me laugh with her, "deep, deep, deep, deep, deep, . . . like, deep . . . " 

• Love 1

Julie was ok as a secondary character but has no place being a main character here. It's not only that she's boring, it's that she's so predictable - Mapperton, Caroline, whine to someone, save Mapperton, repeat, seriously, she's boring as fuck. All the others are better as characters so far, even those I dislike, starting with Juliet, self ploclaimed stylist who always misses the dress code of the day :D  

2 hours ago, NutMeg said:

Julie was ok as a secondary character but has no place being a main character here. It's not only that she's boring, it's that she's so predictable - Mapperton, Caroline, whine to someone, save Mapperton, repeat, seriously, she's boring as fuck. All the others are better as characters so far, even those I dislike, starting with Juliet, self ploclaimed stylist who always misses the dress code of the day :D  

I agree that Julie is extremely tiresome. And if she thinks that the family has placed Mapperton in her hands to succeed or fail, she's even more delusional than we think. Also, it was rather rude, I think, to not have all of the girls stay at the house instead of just a few and have the rest at a hotel that's a bit of a hike away. And while I agree that Caroline S is extremely prickly, I still like her and don't blame her for not wanting to get on a fishing boat with that crew. If she doesn't want to go they shouldn't try to force it. They'll have more fun without her!

Don't care for Sophie, who appears to be more interested in ingratiating herself with this lot than keeping strong ties with her former sister-in-law, with whom she was so tight last season. Great hair, though, but a serious butter face.

Juliet: What in the bloody hell were you wearing? What on earth is wrong with that woman that she would don that hideous dress. It wasn't fashionable when it was in style during the prairie years.

• Love 3

Not saying that anyone has to like it, but the dress Juliet was wearing (which I find beautiful) is definitely high fashion and one that I've seen in many magazines and utilized by many stylists.  It's Zimmermann (an Australian brand) and very popular with the fashionista set.  Again, I know taste is subjective and not saying it's "wrong" to call it ugly but it is something a stylist would wear or a it-girl.

• Love 2
On 2016-12-14 at 3:59 PM, TheFinalRose said:

Whoa Caroline S. turned into a raging beeyotch (more than usual) this episode (and from the looks of it all the upcoming episodes as well.) I'm diagnosing her with a case of "not wanting to move to Dubai, afterall," but blaming it all on Julie. 

Who, by the way, is obnoxious. It looks like Caroline grew up in a home bigger than Mapperton so she most likely knows how the Aristocratic English Country House Party Weekend should go and Julie's rules are not it. From my extensive reading of Tatler Magazine I believe the country house weekend IS full of people smoking out on the lawn, and drinking and doing whatever naughty things they can get away with, outside and inside, all for a good time. An occasional broken vase means that a good time was had by all. Julie needs to read up!

Juliet looks awful. She must have that dysmorphia thing where what you see in the mirror is completely different from reality. Her dress was giving me Victorian heebeejeebees. (I hate the Victorian period). 

I felt that we finally saw behind the facade of Caroline Fleming ... she has a wicked stepmother and can't go home without encountering her. I do believe Caroline is trying her best, in her mind, so I give her credit and like her again.

Poor Marissa and the baby drama. I hope all that is behind them and she can enjoy dressing her up for Christmas. Seems fishy that all of a sudden her husband now wants to move to LA. Top Dog closed, Boujis closed; what is going on? How could they abandon their Bumpkins? 

Just now, oakville said:
On 2016-12-14 at 3:59 PM, TheFinalRose said:

Whoa Caroline S. turned into a raging beeyotch (more than usual) this episode (and from the looks of it all the upcoming episodes as well.) I'm diagnosing her with a case of "not wanting to move to Dubai, afterall," but blaming it all on Julie. 

Who, by the way, is obnoxious. It looks like Caroline grew up in a home bigger than Mapperton so she most likely knows how the Aristocratic English Country House Party Weekend should go and Julie's rules are not it. From my extensive reading of Tatler Magazine I believe the country house weekend IS full of people smoking out on the lawn, and drinking and doing whatever naughty things they can get away with, outside and inside, all for a good time. An occasional broken vase means that a good time was had by all. Julie needs to read up!

Juliet looks awful. She must have that dysmorphia thing where what you see in the mirror is completely different from reality. Her dress was giving me Victorian heebeejeebees. (I hate the Victorian period). 

I felt that we finally saw behind the facade of Caroline Fleming ... she has a wicked stepmother and can't go home without encountering her. I do believe Caroline is trying her best, in her mind, so I give her credit and like her again.

Poor Marissa and the baby drama. I hope all that is behind them and she can enjoy dressing her up for Christmas. Seems fishy that all of a sudden her husband now wants to move to LA. Top Dog closed, Boujis closed; what is going on? How could they abandon their Bumpkins? 

I wonder what happened to Bumpkins?