Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E11: Stewardess Interruptus

Athena

21 hours ago, aquarian1 said:

Is it wrong that I liked the stalker?  I'd like to see her again, once in a while.

Me too ten!

20 hours ago, Happy Harpy said:

As long as trust and respect between the characters aren't destroyed for the sake of drama, this will work for me. (No, I never learn. Sigh.)

I trust TPTB on this show more than others -- so far they seem to have earned it.

16 hours ago, dwmarch said:

Another great moment was when Linda was passively-aggressively complaining to her about people who take advantage of her during her lunch break and Maze is immediately ready to "take care" of whomever it is bothering her favorite doctor... at which point Linda realizes Maze will make it up to her in some other way. Brilliant!

Maze is nonchalantly playing with her knives and Dr Linda "knows" Maze won't hurt her but is taken aback nonetheless.

Just now, enoughcats said:

He's now bemused at the whole Hello Kitty world.  He's about to learn more than he ever wanted to know

Just wait til he discovers Death Kitty (aka Shroedinger's Kitty) and Cthulhu KItty!

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, jhlipton said:

I trust TPTB on this show more than others -- so far they seem to have earned it.

There were a few shows for which I thought the same. Now, I trust TPTB only as far as the next episode. ;-)

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Lonesome Rhodes said:

So, why are we given a limited Luci? 

Because this is still network tv; even the he's the devil thing is toned down and alluded to.  His real sympatico face that was shown to Dr. Linda was actually quite palatable.  I mean this show does not have 1/1000th of the creep factor of Gotham; it is basically a Supernatural Mentalist with other worldly charm thrown in.  People are generally good on this show, and those that aren't are evaluated for fitting punishment. Even by Dan.

However, I'd argue that Lucifer, upon finding himself in the pleasure of the flesh WAS hedonistic.  And the show is changing him into something other than.  Like he even occasionally has empathy - with the priest for example.  He learns lessons from every single case, he self identifies and self corrects to some extent and the show seems to be about the evolution of Lucifer.   (along with the he can't stay drunk theorem, of course. :)) The show is about the becoming something ELSE part of Lucifer in his rebellion.  Unless, you know, God knows. hee

Imo, I like the sexually fluid thing being "this is 2016 Detective...," and not being made into a "thing."  It had a perfect ring to it. I also was surprised that the people were more average looking than say Maze, lol.

• Love 2

He also tries to be very accommodating.  In an early episode with that new coroner whose name I forget, she asked him something at the police station and he misunderstood and said they'd have to hurry because he only had a few minutes.  He didn't hit on her, but was more than willing to be of service.

• Love 2
On 1/17/2017 at 1:43 AM, dwmarch said:

Another great moment was when Linda was passively-aggressively complaining to her about people who take advantage of her during her lunch break and Maze is immediately ready to "take care" of whomever it is bothering her favorite doctor... at which point Linda realizes Maze will make it up to her in some other way. Brilliant!

Another little bit that made me chuckle was that it took the entire scene for Dr. Linda to peel her hardboiled egg, then Maze steals it.

On 1/17/2017 at 0:25 PM, CheshireCat said:

I'm thinking some sort of virus. The guy who had the package (did he appear in the episode before the very end? He looked unfamiliar to me but maybe I just didn't pay attention to random-seeming characters) had a nose-bleed and if I made sense of it correctly, I would say he used one of the vials assuming it were drugs?!

He did appear in the episode -- he was the jerk who threw the party in the very beginning. He dismissed Chloe and Lucifer.

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, Cowgirl said:

Another little bit that made me chuckle was that it took the entire scene for Dr. Linda to peel her hardboiled egg, then Maze steals it.

He did appear in the episode -- he was the jerk who threw the party in the very beginning. He dismissed Chloe and Lucifer.

Are you sure? Wasn't he clean-shaved and didn't the guy at the end of the episode have a beard?

• Love 1

Tim DeKay's character is a neuroscience doctor - I wonder if he is the one who is behind the vials of whatever and his character introduction was on Monday as the one who killed the sick man. The description of his character is a doctor who has made some very bad choices in trying to do the right thing - or something along those lines. He may be trying to cure a disease which perhaps has gone very wrong?

He'll probably be involved with Chloe and the nosebleed issue. Does he create the nosebleed or is he consulted by Chloe for the nosebleed and then discovered to be involved in the stolen vials and some other nefarious plot?  Or is the nosebleed somehow connected to Charlotte? 

I don't think it is Angel blood in the vials but I would not be surprised if Charlotte were somehow involved. I'm also wondering if Charlotte thinks Lucifer would follow Chloe to heaven if she were to die. As a blessed child her ticket to heaven upon death is practically certain, isn't it? Well, she could fall like Lucifer...anyway....thoughts :)

• Love 2

Anyone else surprised that Jamie Kennedy didn't turn out to be the villain or at least have more scenes?  Seems kinda like a cameo almost that any bit actor could play with no effect on the show.  Struck me as funny that someone who has worked so long and been the lead or near the top in some movies and shows would take such a nothing role.  Took me out of the show a bit.

Also with regards to the negative comments about the looks of Lucifer's lovers both here and other sites, I think that best looking doesn't always translate to sexiest.  For example I think Fairuza Balk is way sexier than Jessica Alba despite not being nearly as conventionally pretty.  I mean Jessica Alba is extremely pretty but just not that sexy.  I would imagine the actresses that were cast were the ones who came off the sexiest in both manner and personality in the casting process.  I mean they were all TV attractive just not supermodels.  Honestly a lot of supermodels come off as pretty sexless despite their physical attributes.  Sexiness is undefinable and not always equal to the level of conventional ideas of physical beauty.

JMO though.

Edited by Unclejosh
Spelling!
  • Love 6
15 minutes ago, Unclejosh said:

Struck me as funny that someone who has worked so long and been the lead or near the top in some movies and shows would take such a nothing role.

Or he's someone who had a thing for old movies when the star system at major studios stuck any warm body under contract into any old role that was open.

An example we saw recently (After the Thin Man) was a very young Jimmie Stewart playing a bad guy (and that really threw us off because in our world, JS is always the hero.  Then there's Father Knows Best, Robert Young, the Mortal Storm as a very bad Nazi, or at least a thinly veiled Nazi in an unnamed Germanic Country.. 

Or someone doing a slightly longer homage to Alfred Hitchcock. 

56 minutes ago, Unclejosh said:

Anyone else surprised that Jamie Kennedy didn't turn out to be the villain or at least have more scenes?  Seems kinda like a cameo almost that any bit actor could play with no effect on the show.  Struck me as funny that someone who has worked so long and been the lead or near the top in some movies and shows would take such a nothing role.  Took me out of the show a bit.

Well, considering that Lucifer evidently cast an Emmy winning actor with a long-term pivotal role in a breakthrough HBO series that is generally considered to be one of, if not the best show of all time, to a one episode appearance, it may not be all that surprising.  I'm still expecting to see Uriel return in some way, shape or form!

• Love 2

Yes but that was a big role and important to both the episode and the overall arc of the show.  JK's character had 3 minutes of screen time and had zero impact on the episode.  You could have taken his role out and would have made zero difference.

36 minutes ago, Unclejosh said:

Yes but that was a big role and important to both the episode and the overall arc of the show.  JK's character had 3 minutes of screen time and had zero impact on the episode.  You could have taken his role out and would have made zero difference.

Actually, it would have. They would not have had a killer if they had taken him away ;-)

As far as the actor is concerned - there are some actors who actually enjoy what they're doing and take jobs not based on the size of the role or the size of the paycheck but because they like what they're doing. And maybe he just liked the show and loved the idea that he could be in it. Maybe he/his agent approached the show and they made room for him on the show/offered him that role because they were happy that he wanted to be on it. Who knows. All I know is that I don't think I've ever seen the guy before whereas I have seen Lauren German and Tom Ellis before. In other words, it's all relative. While he was a well-known actor to some, he was just another guest star to me.

17 hours ago, Unclejosh said:

Could be the show is able to now up the quality of their guest spots due to the shows popularity (ratings are ok but being one of the top pirated shows does carry some weight). His character needed to react to devil face and in the past episodes, in my opinion, the reactions have been a little campy. Kind of like Lucifer's devil face make-up has improved dramatically from Halloween-mommy-make-me-look-like-the-devil to actual face prosethetics applied with some degree of talent.

Anyone else worried about Dan soul?   He putting hits on people. Commmiting murder. I mean sure that guy deserved it. And maze helped him. And I am sure he said yes after she brought it up.   But still doing that type of thing even in league with the prince of darkness number 1 henchmen.  Can still get you sent to the hot place.  Correct?  

• Love 2

If the usual logic applies, I'd expect Dan's soul was doomed based on what he did in the first season. The stuff now is extra, but he was already pretty bad.

My favourite part of this episode was that the stalker had multiple sketches of Lucifer's devil face, several iterations of it, on her wall above the dolls and they played either like neither Lucifer nor Decker noticed, or maybe just Decker didn't notice. But Stalker knows, and still seems all in.

Edited by theatremouse
  • Love 5
Just now, theatremouse said:

My favourite part of this episode was that the stalker had multiple sketches of Lucifer's devil face, several iterations of it, on her wall above the dolls.

I totally missed that. Guess I'll have to do a rewatch. 

• Love 2
On 1/21/2017 at 1:01 AM, gwhh said:

Anyone else worried about Dan soul?   He putting hits on people. Commmiting murder. I mean sure that guy deserved it. And maze helped him. And I am sure he said yes after she brought it up.   But still doing that type of thing even in league with the prince of darkness number 1 henchmen.  Can still get you sent to the hot place.  Correct?  

I think it depends on what theology they're using. I mean one of the reasons I don't follow my Catholic upbringing is that I have a huge problem with the idea you can commit murder and possibly  get into Heaven if you confess but an Atheist or even just someone who is of a different faith that always was a good person may not. Lucifer made cracks about  confession  in Priest Walks Into a Bar but we don't really know if it's "real". So he may just need confession. Dan's actions last year had me kind of  expecting him to die by seasons end because  TV these days love "redemption by death." Both timesides now. Did Maze and Dan even order the hit or just tell the mob the guy screwed where he would be? His death was probably  inevitable by them. We don't even know what Lucifer  himself feels about that.  In the knife episode I got the feeling knife being possessed  or not the rape victim killing her rapist was just. 

Plus, if Lucifer ever goes back to hell I'm  sure he wouldn't  want Dan with him for all eternity!  He'll get him upstairs any way he can for his own benefit. 

• Love 1
On ‎1‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 11:03 AM, theatremouse said:

If the usual logic applies, I'd expect Dan's soul was doomed based on what he did in the first season. The stuff now is extra, but he was already pretty bad.

My favourite part of this episode was that the stalker had multiple sketches of Lucifer's devil face, several iterations of it, on her wall above the dolls and they played either like neither Lucifer nor Decker noticed, or maybe just Decker didn't notice. But Stalker knows, and still seems all in.

I do NOT think that was enough to get you sent to hell with what dan did. Plus, he did an act of self  sacrifice when he confessed to his crimes.  That a straight ticket to heaven.  

Who goes to hell.  Take it away Tony:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksO_NZWcgoo

Did not see that with the stalker.  Very cool development.  I wonder if she working for team dad also?   

Edited by gwhh
10 hours ago, Bruinsfan said:

If nothing else, everyone who's befriended Lucifer is probably in for a less awful time in Hell than they might have been otherwise. He does seem to value taking care of his friends.

Well, that's if the writers decide that Lucifer is the one who'll go back to rule over hell.  ;-)                                                                                                                 I'm thinking they may go in a different direction.  Just my speculation.

I have to confess that I missed the scene where Jamie Kennedy was shown as the killer and had gotten sick from the vials when I posted my question regarding his role.  So when I posted my comments, the only scene I thought he was in was at the pool party and his character had no further involvement in the show.  Since I have now re-watched the ending I see that the role was the typical guest villain role albeit smaller than some but now it makes sense.  There may have even been more stuff deleted for time based on his being the actual killer.   

As someone who loved the Scream series plus have seen many of JK roles over the years, he seemed a much bigger star than anyone on the cast to me but I guess he hasn't done much recently.  I knew of LG due to her being on H50 where she was hated by fans, DB Woodside from Buffy and 24, and L-AB from Spartacus but I had never seen or heard of Tom Ellis prior to Lucifer.

• Love 1

Someone on here spotted Lucy Number 1 groupie had a drawing of his devil face in her apartment.  Very cool!  Check it out!!

Above the book case with all the white lights above it!

7b800d529723661.jpg 85ebd9529723663.jpg e59cf2529723665.jpg b48869529723666.jpg 34a6a7529723667.jpg 6f5227529723668.jpg d3d3c1529723670.jpg 2ef61b529723671.jpg a056d1529723672.jpg 5d6d9d529723673.jpg 678382529723675.jpg

Edited by gwhh
  • Love 2