Type keyword(s) to search

Dawson's Creek - General Discussion

• Start Topic

My daughter and I have been rewatching Dawson's Creek this summer during camping trips when we have no cable service. I think the show holds up decently well considering it came on the air in 1998! Anyone else watching?

• Love 2

The character assassination of Andie and Dawson. Whee.

Andie annoyed me so much in this season (and I really liked her in Season 2 and loved her with Pacey). Honey, you cheated on him. Please stop trying to make yourself the wronged one because he broke up with you and moved on.

• Love 5

Andie annoyed me so much in this season (and I really liked her in Season 2 and loved her with Pacey). Honey, you cheated on him. Please stop trying to make yourself the wronged one because he broke up with you and moved on.

I was pissed when she stole the exam answers. God she was annoying in season three.

• Love 1

I hated Andie and just disliked Jack. It was very frustrating as a viewer wondering why we should be invested in this stupid bitch's endless drama. Jack eventually served a purpose ad had some meaning within the context of the show but Andie was just a pointless character that screamed "plot point!"

Edited by Petunia13
  • Love 1

I really liked Andie in Season 2. Mainly because it was a way to have more Pacey that didn't involve Dawson. And I was invested in her family troubles (much more than I was about Dawson's family).

I liked the way she made Pacey feel like he could do better, made him feel less insecure (much more than Joey did. One of my main annoyances about Joey was that she treated Pacey pretty awfully in S4 and the fact that it was almost like they never dated in S5. God, she went after Dawson right after J/P broke up. UGHHHH!).

I was a Andie/Pacey shipper until S3 happened. Actually, until they ruined her completely with "pretending she was attacked to get Pacey's atention". I thought it was a shame because it seemed TPTB only wanted to "pimp" Joey. She was the most incredible girl EVER even though she, you know, wasn't. And Jen and Andie writing suffered for that.

I was glad that Pacey got the girl because he was my favorite and Josh Jackson had chemistry with everyone. I just wished his dreamgirl wasn't Joey. Heh!

The more we talk about this the more I'm leaning towards starting a rewatch since 1) it's on Netflix and 2) even if it wasn't, I have all the DVDs because I FLOVED this show. Also yes, Andie was the worst in S3. 

• Love 2

Would be up for a rewatch. I recently did The OC and Ugly Betty. It surprises me my library system/ network of libraries in my region only has season one but all of Felicity and Everwood. Was Dawson's that unpopular? I thought at the time it was pretty big. In the mood to see if my feelings are the same.

• Love 1

Would be up for a rewatch. I recently did The OC and Ugly Betty. It surprises me my library system/ network of libraries in my region only has season one but all of Felicity and Everwood. Was Dawson's that unpopular? I thought at the time it was pretty big. In the mood to see if my feelings are the same.

My library system has the whole series.

I'm both happy and sad that they used the theme song from the international broadcasts instead of the Paula Cole song. But after hearing the Jann Arden theme 100 times while recapping the show for my blog, I never want to hear it again.

I got a yen to read some old Season 1 Dawson's Creek recaps from Television Without Pity. I know it's down, but the archives are still up and I could read the first page of a few episodes, but never any other page. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place (by going to the main page and clicking from there). Does anyone know if the whole recaps are still available somewhere?

• Love 1

So, they're still there, but for some reason you can only view the first page and then it gets caught in this redirect loop... years ago someone made this tool  that compresses any TWoP recap into one page and for some reason someone smarter than me will have to explain that tool still works, so, if you copy the URL of the recap you want to read and paste it into that page's little box thingy and click the "make 1 page" button it will somehow through magics still get you the whole recap even though you can't get to it from the site. I don't know why or how but it works. 

• Love 1

Oh my gosh! I've been so bummed that I couldn't read past page 1 of TWoP recaps -- I never expected to find the answer in the Dawson's Creek forums :)

Thank you No1uNo for asking and Lisin for answering!!

• Love 1

I automatically assumed it'd be the replacement music, but the last time Dawson's Creek was in syndication, I'm pretty sure the original music was still used. I may end up filling my DVR with episodes if they do. Whenever I watch the DVDs, I'm always distracted when the wrong song starts to play.

I really wish they would release the series again w/ the original music.  The biggest hurt for me is the song "Paper Cup" by Heather Nova from season 2.  I mean that song is quintessential to the Pacey/Andie relationship.

(edited)

Don't get me wrong, I hate Dawson as much as everyone else, but am I the only one that thinks he was right to turn down Joey when she tried to have sex with him at the beginning of the season? When you're not ready you aren't ready, and can you really blame him for not being in such a rush to get back together with the girl that dumped him TWICE?

Not getting back together with her could have been a good turning point for his character if he had just left it at that. But no, he had to pass her to Pacey for him to "take care of her" and get all self righteous when he changed his mind, and thus began that unholy triangle.

Edited by Spartan Girl
  • Love 1

Well, imagine my surprise when I saw DC on the ABC Family line up today. I had no idea it was being re aired so I kind of hate that I missed it from the beginning. I don't know how much I can stomach but I abhorred the Paula Cole song for the opening credits, I've always hated that song. Gah! 

Anyhow, DC was my life back in high school/early college years. I lived where the show was filmed and had a few sightings as well as an "extra" role in one of the high school scenes. My small claim to fame :)

• Love 1

That episode where Joey gets mugged is practically the worst episode ever. Who talks to a mugger like that when they're being mugged? It just wasn't realistic. I understand some people will put up a brave front but not like that. 

• Love 1

That episode where Joey gets mugged is practically the worst episode ever. Who talks to a mugger like that when they're being mugged? It just wasn't realistic. I understand some people will put up a brave front but not like that.

Not to mention it's another example of how no guy was ever immune to "charm" of Princess Josephine Potter. *vomits*

• Love 2

My daughter and I have been rewatching Dawson's Creek this summer during camping trips when we have no cable service. I think the show holds up decently well considering it came on the air in 1998! Anyone else watching?

Been watching episodes this summer while it reruns on ABC  Family -- season one seemed pretentious, but season two, near the end, with the issues of mental illness, are much more well written. 

• Love 1

So, they're still there, but for some reason you can only view the first page and then it gets caught in this redirect loop... years ago someone made this tool  that compresses any TWoP recap into one page and for some reason someone smarter than me will have to explain that tool still works, so, if you copy the URL of the recap you want to read and paste it into that page's little box thingy and click the "make 1 page" button it will somehow through magics still get you the whole recap even though you can't get to it from the site. I don't know why or how but it works. 

The tool does not seem to work -- can anyone else make it work? 

So S3, this is when Joey turned into a full bitch of a character right? 

They just started S3 on ABC Family.  I can't stand Joey at this point.  She tells Dawson she can never forgive him for having her turn her father into the cops, but now after a summer away from Dawson she is ready for him just to come running back into her arms and forget all that she said and the fact that every time he allows himself to be w/ Joey she dumps him for stupid reasons.  

I hate that you could totally tell the writers wanted Joey/Pacey together so bad that they assassinated the character of Andie.

• Love 2

So S3, this is when Joey turned into a full bitch of a character right? 

They just started S3 on ABC Family.  I can't stand Joey at this point.  She tells Dawson she can never forgive him for having her turn her father into the cops, but now after a summer away from Dawson she is ready for him just to come running back into her arms and forget all that she said and the fact that every time he allows himself to be w/ Joey she dumps him for stupid reasons.  

I hate that you could totally tell the writers wanted Joey/Pacey together so bad that they assassinated the character of Andie.

IMHO Joey was always a bitch, but she was even more of a bitch in season 3. Her sniping about Eve was completely uncalled for. Furthermore, her snottiness about Dawson not wanting to sleep with her was also unjustified, for the reason you listed above. I don't get why he'd still want her, let alone want to be her friend after all that.

Ugh, why were people rooting for Pacey and Joey when he clearly deserved better than her. Hell, even Dawson deserved better than her, and I think he was a complete asshole.

I too hated the character assassination of Andie. The moment when she gave Pacey back his stuff was awful. If there's one thing I hate more than cheaters, it's cheaters with a "fuck you for not taking me back" attitude.

I loved Joey in S1, and that's it.

After she sees Eve for the first time after the boat/dock incident and just automatically decides she dislikes her, it reminded me of hating Jen as soon as she met her...well I guess since they are related maybe it's just a Potter thing where she can seek out and actively hate all of the Ryan women.

As for Pacey and Joey, I hated them as a couple but they totally deserved each other to make one another miserable.  The only time I think when Pacey was an even bigger tool than Joey was when he dumped her at the prom b/c how dare she dance w/her best friend.  

• Love 2