Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E08: Rapunzel, Rapunzel

A man from Dean Munsch's past checks in to the C.U.R.E. institute with plans to win her back, causing a jealous Brock to further question his relationship with Chanel. Meanwhile, Zayday and Chamberlain devise a plan to discover the origins of The Green Meanie killer with shocking results.

Heh!  So many people hate and want revenge against the Chanel's.

A lot of funny lines one By Chanel "No winder you were able to orchestrate a string of murders and frame us for them."  The other "Why are you trying to bring logic into the conversation?  You do realize we are insane people right?"

I liked the scenes where Chanel tried to "connect" with Dr. Brock by appealing to his age bracket but went waaay to far back.  I also liked Wes's stuff.  I thought bringing him back so late in the game was just another red herring but having him be the second Green Meenie and having it be in revenge for Grace is kinda cleaver.

• Love 2

I liked this episode a lot more than the previous ones. I liked the hand statues that signed Brock's first name. A very neat thing to add that many wouldn't get.

The music touches were nice. All songs that I personally enjoy. Also hilarious that the first Wes/Dean flashback scenes had I Ain't Missing You playing. 

I think it was the Blast to the Past theme that worked for me.

1 hour ago, KaveDweller said:

But is he really the second Green Meanie? It seems kind of early for that to be revealed. I think they're setting it up for Grace to be the second one. Just because they think that would be the most shocking twist.

I think with only two episodes left (I believe this season is only 10 episodes), it could just be Wes, although I'd be entertained by Grace almost pulling a Hester here. Plus, Hester knows who the killer is. It would be hilarious if it were Grace. I know most, like myself, didn't like Grace because she was boring and the actress wasn't great, but maybe, like Diego Boneta, it'll make Skyler Samuels act better by being a crazy killer.

• Love 1

I loved the nod to JLC's Perfect!

7 hours ago, vb68 said:

Kirstie Alley sure got a sweet deal with screen credit for every episode.

You should watch Walking Dead.  Both Melissa McBride and Alanna Masterson are in the opening credits, yet both have, to date, appeared in only one episode.

As soon as Chad and Denise died, crazy Wes and his avenging Grace arc should've began. IMMEDIATELY. The episodes between Denise's demise and now just didn't have enough going for them.

"Why are you trying to bring logic into this? You do realize we are insane people."

Gotta hand it to the 'old lady' for she told no lies.

Edited by TobinAlbers
  • Love 2
56 minutes ago, TobinAlbers said:

As soon as Chad and Denise died, crazy Wes and his avenging Grace arc should've began. IMMEDIATELY.

I'm a regular viewer of the show, I watch it every week, and I like it more than most posters here do.  But I think one of the problems is it seems production and the writing staff are working the show around the schedules of some of the actors.  NN and GP can only do a few episodes?  Fine, kill Chad and put Denise in a coma.  OH can't do a full season?  Fine, put him in the last 4 episodes.  Production should've put those three actors on contract, not KA, JS or TL.

FWIW, Chamberlain's death really surprised me!

• Love 1

Anyone wonder what kinda information JLC has over RM?  I mean Dean Munch is the smartest, luckiest, never loses, apparently the sexiest and the best ever at the sex so much that no male can resist her and all choose her over any other female on the show despite looking like a lesbian grandma who needs Depends and JLC is now directing an episode that is basically all about the unfettered sex appeal of someone nearing retirement age?  Don't get me wrong I love JLC and think she is beautiful and have since Halloween but this might be the most unrealistic thing in an extremely unrealistic show. Although maybe that is the point?  To subvert everything and not just horror movie tropes?

Edited by Unclejosh
  • Love 2
14 hours ago, vb68 said:

Kirstie Alley sure got a sweet deal with screen credit for every episode.

This episode was an improvement, but I kept wondering where she was in this one.

She was probley still only guaranteed a certain m number of episodes though.

Honestly - I still get a few chuckles out of this show here and there. The actors are game and entertaining and entirely watchable. But the show itself just doesn't seem to have a point to it. Each episode seems to be servicing a one-off gag and the episodes are all loosely strung together with a flimsy serial killer premise. This one revolved around Dr. Brock trying to choose between Chanel and Dean Munch - it just felt like a strange stand-alone. 

This seems to be the hallmark of a Ryan Murphy series. There's no cohesive story carrying the entire season, it's just a bunch of one-offs played for gags or style. And I think they already milked as much out of this as they could during Season 1. There seems to be very little holding this season together and too much of it has felt like pointless filler.

• Love 7
On 12/6/2016 at 11:14 PM, KaveDweller said:

But is he really the second Green Meanie? It seems kind of early for that to be revealed. I think they're setting it up for Grace to be the second one. Just because they think that would be the most shocking twist.

There are 3 green Meanies Cassidy, Kristies character, and Grace's dad. And the Chanels epsicallly the unfunny horrid POS Chanel Oberlin deserve having people want to kill them. They are horrible people 

On 12/6/2016 at 11:53 PM, marymon said:

Should have named this episode Meta.   Everything they said about Grace was right from the complaints about her.

She may have been "Boring" to others but I didn't mind her at all. She was normal. Meanwhile Chanel Oberlin is a horrid nasty unlikeable unfunny POS who I want to die an agonizing death. No surprise the Chanels drove Grace to the Mental hospital though I swear her and Zayday were both normal and not Traumatized at the end of first season.

I actually liked Grace and think Chanel 1 is hysterical. However Dean Munch and her constant awesomeness is getting a little old. 

Did Zayday leave her brain back in season 1? Why on earth does she go to the house of a woman she thinks is a killer and have tea with her?? What the absolute fuck?? Dumbass.

Edited because  typing on my phone sucks

Edited by callie lee 29
  • Love 4
31 minutes ago, callie lee 29 said:

I actually liked Grace and think Chanel 1 is hysterical. However Dean Munch and her constant awesomeness is getting a little old. 

Did Zayday leave her brain back in season 1? Why iv earth writes she go tiki the house of a woman she thinks is a killer and have tea with her?? What the absolute fuck?? Dumbass.

She and Chamberlain were idiots. They both had more than enough evidence to go to the police, but instead confronted murderers alone. Like morons. 

• Love 1
On ‎12‎/‎6‎/‎2016 at 10:14 PM, KaveDweller said:

It seems too early with 2 episodes left, there should be at least 1 more twist for the finale, possibly another killer.

8 hours ago, iMonrey said:

Honestly - I still get a few chuckles out of this show here and there. The actors are game and entertaining and entirely watchable. But the show itself just doesn't seem to have a point to it. Each episode seems to be servicing a one-off gag and the episodes are all loosely strung together with a flimsy serial killer premise. This one revolved around Dr. Brock trying to choose between Chanel and Dean Munch - it just felt like a strange stand-alone. 

This seems to be the hallmark of a Ryan Murphy series. There's no cohesive story carrying the entire season, it's just a bunch of one-offs played for gags or style. And I think they already milked as much out of this as they could during Season 1. There seems to be very little holding this season together and too much of it has felt like pointless filler.

That's Ryan Murphy all right.

22 hours ago, callie lee 29 said:

I love Jamie Lee, but I am glad to see I am not the only one thinking the same thing. I am just wondering what she does in bed on this show that draws so many men of all ages who become obsessed with her?

6 hours ago, Texasmom1970 said:

I love Jamie Lee, but I am glad to see I am not the only one thinking the same thing. I am just wondering what she does in bed on this show that draws so many men of all ages who become obsessed with her?

Yeah Ryan and company like to be considered  champions of roles for women of a certain age and are pushing it here. 

• Love 1
On 12/6/2016 at 8:53 PM, marymon said:

Should have named this episode Meta.   Everything they said about Grace was right from the complaints about her.

Ryan and company get so damn lazy, instead of trying to maintain a storyline they respond to social media criticisms.

59 minutes ago, marymon said:

Yeah Ryan and company like to be considered  champions of roles for women of a certain age and are pushing it here. 

Ryan should be judged on how interesting the characters are, and making the JLC character so absurdly desirable is a fail.  As is thinking that Emma Robert's younger Chanel is so compelling.   IT doesn't have to do IMO with "championing" older actors, as he's thrown plenty of those under the bus and neglected their characters.

Oh well, only 2 episodes to wrap up this mess.

Edited by caracas1914
  • Love 1

I've found this season completely lackluster, but this episode was great. I also found the directing to be excellent with a couple excellent shots and little touches (it was directed by Jamie Lee Curtis).  I enjoyed Wes's return, Chamberlain's demise, and the conversation between Zayday and the evil mother. And some actual decent surprises as well. Hopefully this keeps up for the last couple episodes.

I like this show more than most here but sending Grace insane and her father a murderer was dark for this show (I know it seems odd label a show about serial killers going darker but there you go.)

Kind of weird Brock is now our viewpoint character. Not bad weird - JS is good - but this is the second episode in a row we've seen things mostly from his perspective.