Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E08: The Laws of Inferno Dynamics

• Start Topic

14 hours ago, blackwing said:

Also, another random question.... way back in Season 1, we got introduced to Franklin Hall, who comic fans know as Graviton.  He got sucked into that whatever and in one very last scene, we saw a hand coming out of that whatever.  Did they ever resolve this or was it a dropped plot point?  Or did that get combined with the monolith and the Hive storyline?

I'm pretty sure Hydra broke into SHIELD's vaults and stole all the goodies in late Season 1. I don't recall any specific mentions but he could certainly be out there. Although it's not like captivity really impedes powered characters that much anyhow.

Edited by dwmarch
dude wasn't in jail
14 hours ago, dwmarch said:

I'm pretty sure Hydra broke into SHIELD's vaults and stole all the goodies in late Season 1. I don't recall any specific mentions but he could certainly be out there. Although it's not like captivity really impedes powered characters that much anyhow.

Yeah you are right. Hydra broke in and stole the gravitorium ( with Hall inside) but Garret gave that to Ian Quinn and they never bothered to finish it. Its one of the loose ends that hasn't been address.

Edited by TVSpectator

To be fair, it couldn't be until now. Graviton is a super powered individual. I doubt they're going to have him at the levels he is in the comics, where he can fight all the Avengers by himself, but if they brought him back any earlier it would just have been a marginally capable leader (Coulson), two fighters (May and Ward) a couple of tech geeks (Fitz/Simmons) and a hacker (Skye) against a man who can manipulate gravity. Now that Skye is Quake, and they have access to people like Yo Yo, it might be more of a fair fight if Graviton wakes up.

• Love 1
12 hours ago, KirkB said:

To be fair, it couldn't be until now. Graviton is a super powered individual. I doubt they're going to have him at the levels he is in the comics, where he can fight all the Avengers by himself, but if they brought him back any earlier it would just have been a marginally capable leader (Coulson), two fighters (May and Ward) a couple of tech geeks (Fitz/Simmons) and a hacker (Skye) against a man who can manipulate gravity. Now that Skye is Quake, and they have access to people like Yo Yo, it might be more of a fair fight if Graviton wakes up.

But it's Graviton! Personally I would at least want to see that loose end finish and then if they couldn't have the SHIELD team defeat him (like how they can't defeat Eli because he was really super/crazy powerful here, on the show) then bring in the remaining Avengers to handle him and/or try to convince one of the directors to include Graviton in their upcoming movie. All AoS can do is just find him. and pull him out of the Gravitrioum. 

49 minutes ago, TVSpectator said:

But it's Graviton! Personally I would at least want to see that loose end finish and then if they couldn't have the SHIELD team defeat him (like how they can't defeat Eli because he was really super/crazy powerful here, on the show) then bring in the remaining Avengers to handle him and/or try to convince one of the directors to include Graviton in their upcoming movie. All AoS can do is just find him. and pull him out of the Gravitrioum. 

To paraphrase what the crime lord told Detective Riggs on Lethal Weapon's Christmas episode., he is just not important 

With Eli and Robbie... surprised we didn't get a follow up on Gabe.

And Aida... certainly went the obvious route.  I was so loving Aida, I don't need to see another take on the bad robot... excuse me, android...

ETA:  Forgot to add how awesome Mace looked in his suit!

Edited by CyberJawa1986
  • Love 1
On 06/12/2016 at 11:24 PM, thuganomics85 said:

Don't worry about it, Mace.  Even as an android, Mallory Jensen is still pretty hot!  And it's not like Radcliffe accidentally made Aida good-looking: I'm sure it was all on purpose (or, again, he really was just a huge fan of Galavant and Queen Madalena.)  

He is the real life Dr Kreiger so of course he was going to be making a hot android. Now if they could get Judy Greer of Aisha Tyler to show up as androids i woukd laugh my ass off.

On 07/12/2016 at 6:27 PM, ProudMary said:

Coulson:  "We need the big guns on this one, and Yo-Yo, Reyes and Daisy are the biggest guns we have."  Really show?  Um, no.  No they're not.

Look, I know we're not getting any of the Avengers on the show for budget reasons but at least a name-drop would be nice.  They've got an AI storyline going on and Tony Stark's name never comes up?  Well, at least Mace name dropped Ultron!

It would have been hilarious if he had said these were the biggest guns we could get on such short notice. 

Also speaking of movie actors, I have been watching A Series of Unfortunate Events on netflix, and it makes me wonder why we haven't seen Cobie Smulders lately? Also does the world at large still think Fury has been dead since The Winter Soldier?