Type keyword(s) to search

Joy and Austin: This One Time At Family Camp

• Start Topic

Texas Roadhouse does have some good family type dishes such as steaks, ribs, chili, chicken.  They also have lots of peanuts for you to shell and munch on while you wait for your meal—so it’s not a place for someone with peanut allergies.  They also have Wednesday night steak specials.  
I generally get takeout, since the restaurant tends to be a bit noisy at times.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

"Evy's favorite food here are their lemons" [emphasis added]? This, THIS is someone who may try to educate her children?

How did people know this was at Texas Roadhouse? Is it in the actual Instagram post? (I don't have an account and I am eternally grateful to those who repost here so I do not have to give them clicks.)

• Love 4
36 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

I've never heard of Texas Roadhouse. Family steak joint? That's the vibe I got from looking at the stories.

So good!  Go early or be prepared to wait. Rolls and cinnamon butter are so yummy. 

1 hour ago, BigBingerBro said:

gddtgh6v09s61.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

Is that a 90s-style black choker around her neck?  

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, jcbrown said:

"Evy's favorite food here are their lemons" [emphasis added]? This, THIS is someone who may try to educate her children?

How did people know this was at Texas Roadhouse? Is it in the actual Instagram post? (I don't have an account and I am eternally grateful to those who repost here so I do not have to give them clicks.)

Yes, she tagged them in one of her pictures. It was a sequence of four or five. 

Take that bracelet off that baby! 

• Love 5

We have Texas Roadhouse restaurants in our area. If they haven't changed things up during the pandemic, it would be the last place I would eat at. The restaurants are loud and rowdy, forcing diners to talk louder, servers also share tables, so you could be waited on by three different servers during the course of a meal and they have a very obnoxious birthday guest routine.

The restaurant's style is in and of itself a super spreader of germs. Now that I think of it, I may never go back even after we're out of this damn pandemic.

• Useful 1
  • Love 14

Texas Roadhouse is soo good. Their rolls are to die for. I hate to be the grammar police, but Joy's lack of schooling shows itself.  Take that stuff off her, Joy! The necklace and bracelet! Ugh. 

• Love 12
20 minutes ago, QuinnInND said:

Texas Roadhouse is soo good. Their rolls are to die for. I hate to be the grammar police, but Joy's lack of schooling shows itself.  Take that stuff off her, Joy! The necklace and bracelet! Ugh. 

If she takes it off, people might think Evy is a boy and they can't have that! 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
9 hours ago, Tdoc72 said:

So good!  Go early or be prepared to wait. Rolls and cinnamon butter are so yummy. 

Is that a 90s-style black choker around her neck?  

Yes, and I think it looks ridiculous.

• Love 4
12 hours ago, ginger90 said:

A Texas Roadhouse  lemon , yum microorganisms. 🤦‍♀️ Risk is slight, but still a risk, IMO.

At least soak it in some tequila - kills the germs 😁😁😁

• LOL 13
On 4/9/2021 at 9:14 PM, jcbrown said:

A recent Dilbert comic had the same type of mistake using was/were. I think proper written grammar is going the way of the Duggars. 😕

• Love 1
On 4/9/2021 at 10:49 PM, marypat57 said:

Texas Roadhouse does have some good family type dishes such as steaks, ribs, chili, chicken.  They also have lots of peanuts for you to shell and munch on while you wait for your meal—so it’s not a place for someone with peanut allergies.  They also have Wednesday night steak specials.  
I generally get takeout, since the restaurant tends to be a bit noisy at times.

I haven't gone in ages, I always thought their food was decent for a chain place. We stopped going to most chains after a particularly salty meal at Outback. But yes, their rolls are delicious! 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

nsvbeg8ygus61.jpg

That might work where? On her face? What is she talking about?

they are all just so very bad with SM. I know this is pointless to say, but they could get a book, or take a class, or something . . .

• Love 15
1 hour ago, cmr2014 said:

That might work where? On her face? What is she talking about?

they are all just so very bad with SM. I know this is pointless to say, but they could get a book, or take a class, or something . . .

Its a screen shot from an IG Story. She's looking to engage her followers by asking about landscaping. Landscaping that she needs badly - her yard is a hot mess.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Useful 3
  • Love 5

i laughed that she wants people to send plants and shows the plant Jana gave her last year is nearly dead and 3 other poor plants in pots look sad because she "just never did anything with them" 

also Carlin thinks she should do window boxes - that would be disaster, in arkansas heat and Joy's not really caring about plants everything would be dead in a week.

I predict no plants will happen at all, next year Joy and Austin's house will look exactly the same. crappy looking yard, poorly graded on the one side so water pools up against the house, etc.

• Useful 2
  • Love 16
1 hour ago, crazy8s said:

i laughed that she wants people to send plants and shows the plant Jana gave her last year is nearly dead and 3 other poor plants in pots look sad because she "just never did anything with them" 

also Carlin thinks she should do window boxes - that would be disaster, in arkansas heat and Joy's not really caring about plants everything would be dead in a week.

I predict no plants will happen at all, next year Joy and Austin's house will look exactly the same. crappy looking yard, poorly graded on the one side so water pools up against the house, etc.

Yup, she should put down stone and/or patio blocks. Can't kill those.

• Love 11

Haven't even seen the yard but I do have an answer and actually have the plants I have shared many, many times with friends and family.   I will not be offering any to Joy for a variety of reasons, but instead will simply suggest she google hostas.

• Love 6
9 minutes ago, Tikichick said:

Haven't even seen the yard but I do have an answer and actually have the plants I have shared many, many times with friends and family.   I will not be offering any to Joy for a variety of reasons, but instead will simply suggest she google hostas.

My instant thought also. You can’t kill them, they multiply, and grow anywhere. 😁

• Love 6
30 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

My instant thought also. You can’t kill them, they multiply, and grow anywhere. 😁

I cannot kill them.   That's a very meaningful endorsement for those who know me.

• LOL 11
  • Love 1
9 minutes ago, Tikichick said:

I cannot kill them.   That's a very meaningful endorsement for those who know me.

You can mow those suckers and they are like - hold my beer - and grow back. 😁🍺

• LOL 17
  • Love 1

I have been yanking out pachysandra by the wheel barrow full this week. damn you can't kill that stuff.

but joy doesn't really want plants or suggestions, she just wants the like/clicks/interaction hoping for a few $

• Love 10
20 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

You can mow those suckers and they are like - hold my beer - and grow back. 😁🍺

I can attest to the veracity of this statement.

If Joy doesn't know anyone willing to split some of theirs and share with her, she can no doubt pick up a couple from most any store that sells outdoor plants for very little money.   By next year she would very likely be able to split those herself and increase her own coverage area, or what may be of good business value for a couple who builds and/or flips homes for a living, she will have an ongoing supply they can use to add curb appeal to homes they're selling in their business venture.

• Love 4

joy has a new story on the plants in her IG stories - "a bunch of you suggested the host-a plants, I think that"s what they're called"

I am dying she actually said "host a" not hosta

she is also doing a poll where you can just say you do not care about her yard

• LOL 9
4 hours ago, Tikichick said:

I have hostas..... and they are survivors! 

• Love 3

I watched the stories expecting much worse... if I'd never heard of hostas before, I don't think I would know they rhyme with pasta. "Ho-sta" (Joy's pronunciation) sounds like something any non-plant person would probably come up with.

And while Evy was vocalizing for large parts of the video, when she starts out-and-out crying there is a clear cut in the video... it picks up again when Joy is talking to her about the spatula and Evy's no longer crying, just back to making sounds, so presumably Joy did pick her up/ comfort her/ whatever before resuming filming.

I swear I'm not a Duggar apologist, and I did find the video to be inane, but she came across as a fairly normal twenty-something Instagrammer to me, not a complete moron or a horrible mother.

Edited by dargosmydaddy
  • Love 9
5 minutes ago, dargosmydaddy said:

I watched the stories expecting much worse... if I'd never heard of hostas before, I don't think I would know they rhyme with pasta. "Ho-sta" (Joy's pronunciation) sounds like something any non-plant person would probably come up with.

And while Evy was vocalizing for large parts of the video, when she starts out-and-out crying there is a clear cut in the video... it picks up again when Joy is talking to her about the spatula and she's no longer crying, just back to making sounds, so presumably Joy did pick her up/ comfort her/ whatever before putting her back down and resuming filming.

I swear I'm not a Duggar apologist, and I did find the video to be inane, but she came across as a fairly normal twenty-something Instagrammer to me, not a complete moron or a horrible mother.

ITA about the plants. "Hosta" is kind of an odd word if you're not familiar with it. Wait until she hears about forsythia. 

I don't think Joy is a horrible mother. I didn't watch the video, but babies cry. Joy's kids appear to be happy, clean, and well-fed, all of which makes Joy very unlike her own mother. 

• LOL 10
24 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

Why didn’t she just ask Jana the gardener about all this?

probably she did, but how would she get the social media engagement and clicks if she said "Jana and my brothers are coming to fix my landscaping" - which is probably the truth, but it doesn't get the few $ for Joy

• LOL 2
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Besides the fact, they may not be on speaking terms at the moment. 

And Jill may be aware that Jana's "gardening" is all faked for the public and she doesn't really have any specialized knowledge.

• Love 7
On 4/14/2021 at 3:17 PM, crazy8s said:

I have been yanking out pachysandra by the wheel barrow full this week. damn you can't kill that stuff.

but joy doesn't really want plants or suggestions, she just wants the like/clicks/interaction hoping for a few $

Sounds like my mom...her yard has lovely shaded areas carpeted with pachysandra which has basically formed impregnable mats for which the only upkeep consists of cutting it back to its boundaries. The plants I've gotten from her, by contrast,  pretty much think halfheartedly for half a season of actually spreading before deciding that just sounds like too much work. I suppose they must take their inspiration from my typical energy level.

• Love 3

I am not mad at Hilary for posting on this and other Duggar sites. I am not a parent but I imagine it would be encouraging to see her positive comments. It is more than the Duggar kids get from their Duggar grandparents. 

• Love 8

I'm convinced that when Hilaria is not hitting on Jason, she's just sitting at her house, talking about eating Duggar grandchildren to anyone who will listen. That, plus stalking Duggar family Instagram posts and drinking Earl Grey tea, is her day every day. 

• LOL 14
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

I always wonder who's raising her litter? The oldest daughter left is only 13 or 14.

Claire?

Actually all of her kids are old enough she can leave them alone for few minutes while she's on social media.