Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
frenchtoast

Joy and Austin: This One Time At Family Camp

22 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

I would hope so, and I also hope she's getting real medical care and plans to deliver this baby in a hospital. 

I hope so. I wonder if she's going to try for a VBAC, or she's going to have a csection. 

• Like 4

On 5/5/2020 at 4:46 PM, BigBingerBro said:

Can anyone explain the thought process of taking a picture of this instead of rushing over to both get him off the stool and grabbing the nearest roll of paper towels?

Remains unclear whether the term "thought process" can be applied to anything done by a Duggar. Ever. 

• Like 9
  • Laugh 10

On 5/5/2020 at 7:36 PM, CalicoKitty said:

How is that stool not flipping over?  He is right a the edge.

He's not yet heavy enough, I suppose. Wait a few pounds for him to climb up again and it will....And then in falling he'll hit his head on the counter, which is made of stone. 

Call me paranoid, but the idea of placing a bunch of sharp-edged stone slabs around the house for little kids and old people (among others) to fall and crack open their heads on has always made me crazy. I know you can get hurt on other materials, too. But the fear of what stone can do has made me eternally resist stone counters. One reason I'm a non-trendy decorator. 

• Like 6
  • Sad 3

Anything is a hazard in the right circumstances.  My aunt passed out, and as she fell, she clipped her chin on the edge of the table and broke her neck.  She was dead instantly.  No protecting anyone from that kind of situation.  She always had freak accidents, though--one time a pay phone fell off a wall and crushed her.

Getting back to the Duggars, having a c-section isn't the worst thing in the world.  I had three of them with no problems.  Joy could try for a VBAC, but if her baby gets too big, she may be "encouraged" to have another c-section.

(Sorry--I am plagued by random empty spoiler boxes!)

Spoiler

• Like 6
  • Surprise 7

1 hour ago, QuinnInND said:

I hope so. I wonder if she's going to try for a VBAC, or she's going to have a csection. 

We could probably guess if we knew who was doing her prenatal care.  If she is seeing a lay midwife, then she is probably planning a trial of labor and birth at home.  I say this because lay midwives are the only ones whose professional organization is ok with VBAC outside the hospital and a CNM or doctor who went along with this plan could lose their board certification or otherwise be disciplined.  Also,  if she was going to skip labor and just have another cesarean, the lay midwife would need a close relationship with an OB/GYN who has hospital privileges and could schedule and perform the C/S.  Aside from the fact that most lay midwives do not have these contacts, it would complicate the billing for prenatal care if the midwife didn't do the delivery.  If she sees a lay midwife, she cannot  just show up at the hospital on her chosen day and tell them she wants a cesarean done ASAP.  There are schedules, staffing, equipment and a lot of other things that go into scheduled surgeries and most scheduled C/S are scheduled weeks or months in advance.

I presume, like Jill, Joy will labor at home with a semi qualified caregiver (or Jill) and end up in the hospital for another cesarean when things don't work out.

• Like 4
  • Useful 2
  • Sad 12

In their original announcement, Joy said she had some bleeding with this pregnancy.  She said she saw a doctor, because they worried this was a bad sign for the pregnancy. Fortunately by the time of the announcement, this had passed and the pregnancy is fine.

Now with Jill, I seem to recall that it is illegal for anyone with medical training to attend a VBAC at home and that seems to include lay midwives. There are added risks with VBACs and the law is meant to protect women from an especially risky homebirth.

Childbirth is always dangerous and potentially deadly. Joy and Austin are dumb, but hopefully not dumb enough to have a homebirth this time. 

• Like 10

2 hours ago, magpye29 said:

Anything is a hazard in the right circumstances.  My aunt passed out, and as she fell, she clipped her chin on the edge of the table and broke her neck.  She was dead instantly.  No protecting anyone from that kind of situation.  She always had freak accidents, though--one time a pay phone fell off a wall and crushed her.

Getting back to the Duggars, having a c-section isn't the worst thing in the world.  I had three of them with no problems.  Joy could try for a VBAC, but if her baby gets too big, she may be "encouraged" to have another c-section.

(Sorry--I am plagued by random empty spoiler boxes!)

Reveal spoiler

I had a neighbor die the same way. Hit her head on the table died instantly.

• Surprise 1
  • Sad 10

2 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Is that snow outside or did Giddy get into the milk again? *squints*

• Laugh 4

1 hour ago, PikaScrewChu said:

Is that snow outside or did Giddy get into the milk again? *squints*

It could also probably the sunlight hitting the exposure on the iPhone camera weird. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1

Austin tours his latest flip in the stories.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JoanArc said:

Someone from reddit went to the family camp in 2015

Pubic School is bad, bad, bad. Good on Jill for listening to Derick on that one.

Jessa's a bitch (duh), Ben is nice.

JB&M are crazy (also duh).

I had a pretty good laugh about the banjo comment. I've never been around where the camp is, but my grandmother and I have made Deliverance jokes while driving around other parts of Madison County. It's out in the sticks. Especially compared to the TTH, despite what JB and Michelle would have you believe about their alleged little house on the prairie existence. 🙄

• Like 5
  • Useful 1

16 hours ago, JoanArc said:

Someone from reddit went to the family camp in 2015

Pubic School is bad, bad, bad. Good on Jill for listening to Derick on that one.

Jessa's a bitch (duh), Ben is nice.

JB&M are crazy (also duh).

The story has gone now, does anyone have a link to it or a summary of what it said? Thanks.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, FizzyPuff said:

The story has gone now, does anyone have a link to it or a summary of what it said? Thanks.

Weird that it disappeared-maybe the mods are waiting on verification?

In any case, from what I remember when I read it yesterday:

-Meech stares at Jim Bob like a crazy person.

-Jessa is aloof bordering on mean

-Ben is super friendly

-Duggars hate public school, all music, and pants. 

• Like 10

4 hours ago, FizzyPuff said:

@questionfear's summary is pretty comprehensive. It wasn't a super in-depth Reddit thing. She also said it was in fall of 2015, so post-Josh revelations, and that they seemed pretty shaken over it but more so over being caught/outed than anything. 

• Like 6

I didn't realize that the Seewalds attended Family Camp after they were married. I figured they'd follow whatever religion Ben followed after the demise of Vision Forum.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Sew Sumi said:

I didn't realize that the Seewalds attended Family Camp after they were married. I figured they'd follow whatever religion Ben followed after the demise of Vision Forum.

What religion DOES Bin follow?

• Like 2
  • Useful 1

We don't even know where the hell they go to church. Wherever Jessa says is right!

• Like 4

I'm guessing they go to church wherever JB & M go.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

He didn’t mention his parents, it was just already married Been and Jessa.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

He didn’t mention his parents, it was just already married Been and Jessa.

Yeah, I realize they were already married. Jessa would have been big pregnant with Spurge.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Bayarea4 said:

"Pubic" school? Is that where they teach sex education? 😄 No wonder the Duggars are against it.

You probably think the burning bush is actually about a plant.

• Laugh 20

2 hours ago, JoanArc said:

You probably think the burning bush is actually about a plant.

Bwahahahaha! 😆

• Like 1
  • Laugh 4

She looks so much healthier and happier with this pregnancy. 

• Like 11

I just gotta say, when I was pregnant I did pretty much everything I did when I wasn't pregnant. But once I hit the "big pregnant" stage, you wouldn't have found me on a bicycle.

7 miles!?!

• Like 6

7 miles isn't much if she's been riding regularly but this far along when she hasn't? Nah, sounds nuts. And I'm sure they wore helmets. Right??

• Laugh 5

1 hour ago, Chicklet said:

7 miles isn't much if she's been riding regularly but this far along when she hasn't? Nah, sounds nuts. And I'm sure they wore helmets. Right??

Austin's family runs a camp where they don't provide safety equipment for their activties including horseback riding. It's a lawsuit waiting to happen. A lot of people say fundies don't sue, but if the medical bills are big enough, they may not have a choice. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Temperance said:

Austin's family runs a camp where they don't provide safety equipment for their activties including horseback riding. It's a lawsuit waiting to happen. A lot of people say fundies don't sue, but if the medical bills are big enough, they may not have a choice. 

An injury payout could bankrupt Family Camp. And I'm very doubtful they employ people who can properly supervise niche activities.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Temperance said:

Austin is definitely one of those “but mah rights, freedumb” people.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, PikaScrewChu said:

An injury payout could bankrupt Family Camp. And I'm very doubtful they employ people who can properly supervise niche activities.

I guessing a waiver is signed before you set foot on their property.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1

21 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

Austin is definitely one of those “but mah rights, freedumb” people.

Good luck, kid. I just saw a chart that has Springdale/Fayetteville as the fastest growing Covid hotbed IN THE COUNTRY. A cautionary tale about opening up too soon, I think.

• Like 8
  • Useful 5

37 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Good luck, kid. I just saw a chart that has Springdale/Fayetteville as the fastest growing Covid hotbed IN THE COUNTRY. A cautionary tale about opening up too soon, I think.

@Zella Stay safe!

• Like 9

45 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Agreed! I didn't really have any problem with the way Arkansas handled the early stages of the pandemic through March and April, but I felt like reopening things--even with restrictions in place--in early May was a bad idea. And it seems to be especially true in the NWA area. Both Washington and Benton county have been adding about 100 cases a day the past couple of days. It was probably about a week ago, they both just had a little over 100 cases. 

7 minutes ago, Temperance said:

@Zella Stay safe!

Thank you! My county has gone from 0 active cases about a week ago to over 15 today. :S 

• Like 3
  • Sad 3

The chart I saw said that Springdale/Fayetteville was doubling the number of cases every 6 days. 

• Like 1
  • Surprise 1
  • Sad 3

2 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

The chart I saw said that Springdale/Fayetteville was doubling the number of cases every 6 days. 

Yeah that sounds about right. Just a couple of weeks ago, Arkansas in general was doubling every few weeks. 

• Sad 4

The chart was from the NYT, but whoever copied it didn't include the original source material. I would assume CDC?

5 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

The chart was from the NYT, but whoever copied it didn't include the original source material. I would assume CDC?

Probably. I believe Hutchison cited it in one of his press conferences this week, so I have no doubt it is accurate. The Arkansas Health Department has been diligently recording data for each county, and so that may have been the source of it too, but as far as I know they are not tracking doubling. Or at least they are not posting it on their county map.

I do know there is a bit of a delay in when information is added to the state health department website because I will hear of confirmed cases that aren't added for a couple of days, I assume as it goes through whatever documentation needs to be done. I assume CDC would likely get stats faster than they are made public. 

So, yeah, would not surprise me at all if numbers continue to skyrocket there. Also would not surprise me if the Duggars continue to ignore all the rules. 😞

Edited by Zella
  • Like 3
  • Sad 7