Type keyword(s) to search

Joy and Austin: This One Time At Family Camp

• Start Topic

20 hours ago, Christina87 said:

Laura sure is giving credence to the lesbian rumors!

She is pinging my radar for sure. 

her and jana are one terribly dressed couple. They both look like they wandered off a farm in the 1950s. 

• LOL 12
  • Love 3

EA9D4004-0C8C-48DF-962D-E6FBAE0FDDF3.jpeg

D2851547-E5F0-4834-852F-DA54BE27163E.jpeg

austinandjoyforsyth

Happy 2nd Anniversary, Baby!❤️ It’s hard to believe that’s its already been two years since we said “I do”. I am so thankful for the strong man and the spiritual leader you are in my life! You are my anchor when my crazy waves of emotions seem to take over. You’re patience and unconditional love towards me is more than I deserve. I love doing life with you... our spontaneous adventures, dreaming of the future together, working together... You are the person that I want to share my best memories and my toughest trials with! 
I’m crazy about you, I love you OH. SOOO. MUCH and can’t wait to spend forever with you! 
Annddd.... I’m so excited about our anniversary trip coming up soon!!!💖💖 #twoyearstoforever#best2years #ilovemylife

• Love 2
Just now, madpsych78 said:

"YOUR patience..." 😒

At least this makes me feel as though she actually wrote it, because it's actually rather sweet, and sounds more authentically happy than the typical Duggar anniversary posts.

• Love 14
(edited)
5 hours ago, ginger90 said:

You’re patience and unconditional love towards me

21 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

At least this makes me feel as though she actually wrote it, because it's actually rather sweet, and sounds more authentically happy than the typical Duggar anniversary posts.

The use of the wrong "you're" definitely suggests it is Joy's own handiwork. 😅

Joy's message kind of makes me sad, though. Sounds like she feels like she never does anything right. Might not be what she really thinks and might not necessarily be how Austin makes her feel about herself, but that's how it came across to me. 😞

Edited by Zella
  • Love 4
(edited)

“Spontaneous adventures” makes me snicker.  How spontaneously will they be able to do anything when they start popping out babies every other year in their early twenties?

Edited by Libby96
  • Love 6
9 minutes ago, Libby96 said:

“Spontaneous adventures” makes me snicker.  How spontaneously will they be able to do anything when they start popping out babies every other year in their early twenties?

It's a "compared to what?" situation. Both these two grew up in absurdly controlling families inside an absurdly controlling cult. 

When you come from a control-mad background -- and you still are living the shackled life you were given, to at least some extent, because it's damn fucking prohibitively difficult to escape from it very far, especially when you're still quite young -- things that other people don't give a second thought to seem madly daring, exciting, adventurous, spontaneous and outside the box to you.

I have experience in that area. And of course I have the experience of being laughed at about it behind my back many many times, as if I'm some kind of idiot. Just as everybody laughs at the Duggars about this kind of thing.

When you haven't had any comparable experience, it seems as if she's just a dumb-ass, I know. But I'll go to my grave insisting that it was done to her and that it's actually a tragedy. And parental malpractice, in my opinion.

• Love 14
7 hours ago, ginger90 said:

You are my anchor when my crazy waves of emotions seem to take over. You’re patience and unconditional love towards me is more than I deserve. 

To me, this part sounds like she is talking about all the pregnancy hormones, and accompanying mood swings, that she has had to deal with for the majority of their short marriage.  Hopefully, Austin really has been patient and loving with her. The “more than I deserve” part does make me feel sad for her, though.

• Love 13

She's a very pretty girl.  I too hope Austin treats her well, and is kind to Giddyup also.  It's too bad that the both of them got roped back into the cult, after rebelling or questioning or whatever they actually did.  I can only imagine the brainwashing the two of them received at the hands of their shitty parents.

• Love 6
(edited)

It really did not register to me that they have only been married 2 years. Good lord. She's so young, only married 2 years and already has like 1 and 4/5 kids. Poor Joy. She thinks she's happy. 

Edited by MamaMax
  • Love 4

I can see Joy having a rough transition from Duggar daughter to wife.  We snark about how ill-prepared her sisters are as homemakers and I suspect Joy is no different.   She went from a home where Michelle farmed out all of her responsibilities to her daughters with rigid jurisdictions.  Joy wasn't prepared to take care of a whole home and cook on a daily basis.  She had to learn how to manage everything and make small decisions on a day to day basis.  I can see where any husband would get frustrated that first year.  To me, she seems to have gotten the hang of it and is doing better now.  I do think that this is one of the better arranged marriages.  Austin may seem controlling, but I think that Joy needs some type of control in order to function.   Her parents did a number on her.

• Love 14
12 minutes ago, MamaMax said:

It really did not register to me that they have only been married 2 years. Good lord. She's so young, only married 2 years and already has like 1 and 4/5 kids. Poor Joy. She thinks she's happy. 

I think we can all be pretty sure she's happier than Josiah and Lauren, just based on current photographic evidence. Unless J&L just photograph incredibly, incredibly badly.

• Love 10
46 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I can see Joy having a rough transition from Duggar daughter to wife.  We snark about how ill-prepared her sisters are as homemakers and I suspect Joy is no different.   She went from a home where Michelle farmed out all of her responsibilities to her daughters with rigid jurisdictions.  Joy wasn't prepared to take care of a whole home and cook on a daily basis.  She had to learn how to manage everything and make small decisions on a day to day basis.  I can see where any husband would get frustrated that first year.  To me, she seems to have gotten the hang of it and is doing better now.  I do think that this is one of the better arranged marriages.  Austin may seem controlling, but I think that Joy needs some type of control in order to function.   Her parents did a number on her.

40 minutes ago, LilJen said:

I think we can all be pretty sure she's happier than Josiah and Lauren, just based on current photographic evidence. Unless J&L just photograph incredibly, incredibly badly.

I think Joy is happy with Austin. I do think her self-esteem is lower than some of the other Duggar daughters, but I think she is happy with Austin. The good thing about Austin is that he has a real job, and these two seem to live modestly (cough, cough *JereME* cough).

• Love 13

Poor Joy was one of the first kids handed off as a buddy to Jill. She probably got Michelle for a bit longer than the 6 months the younger children got, but Jill isn't that much older than her, so she was pretty much raised by a child. Michelle taught Jana, Jill, Jessa, and Jinger how to clean, cook, and parent at ages 6-10 and then pretty much gave up doing anything but being joyfully available, pregnant, and/or nursing. Rinse, lather, repeat. 

On top of that, she was surrounded by brothers and a bit of a tomboy until that magical age when she was "too old" to hang around her brothers and required to stay in the house and learn her rightful place in society. At that point, she was too young to hang around her older sisters and too old for her younger ones, and she was not allowed to be close to her brothers for fear she tempted them like she tempted Josh. Not exactly the best foundation for good self-esteem.

• Love 6
(edited)
On 5/25/2019 at 10:17 PM, Snow Fairy said:

There are lots of girls

First glance at this picture I thought Carlin was trying to grab Whitney’s boobs and Whitney was pushing her away like what the hell are you doing, I was thinking whoa that’s not very appropriate, then I realised she was showing them all her ring 😀

On 5/27/2019 at 12:30 AM, drafan said:

Bad posture and the shame of an empty uterus.

Jana needs to leave for a day and not tell anyone where she is going, see how long they notice she’s gone.

On 5/27/2019 at 1:36 PM, ginger90 said:

D2851547-E5F0-4834-852F-DA54BE27163E.jpeg

austinandjoyforsyth

Happy 2nd Anniversary, Baby!❤️ It’s hard to believe that’s its already been two years since we said “I do”. I am so thankful for the strong man and the spiritual leader you are in my life! You are my anchor when my crazy waves of emotions seem to take over. You’re patience and unconditional love towards me is more than I deserve. I love doing life with you... our spontaneous adventures, dreaming of the future together, working together... You are the person that I want to share my best memories and my toughest trials with! 
I’m crazy about you, I love you OH. SOOO. MUCH and can’t wait to spend forever with you! 
Annddd.... I’m so excited about our anniversary trip coming up soon!!!💖💖 #twoyearstoforever#best2years #ilovemylife

“Doing life together” makes it sound like life is a game, very weird phrase.

Edited by Puffin
  • Love 4
(edited)
On 5/27/2019 at 8:36 AM, ginger90 said:

I'm a little confused about when they posted this, but it looks like DFO posted this on 9:39 PM May 26th. By that time, it was not only Grandma Mary's birthday, and Joy's wedding anniversary, but it was also Ivy Jane Seewald's birthday. I bet the "May 26th is one of our favorite days!" is a wink to little Ivy. 

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, Puffin said:

First glance at this picture I thought Carlin was trying to grab Whitney’s boobs and Whitney was pushing her away like what the hell are you doing, I was thinking whoa that’s not very appropriate, then I realised she was showing them all her ring 😀

Jana needs to leave for a day and not tell anyone where she is going, see how long they notice she’s gone.

“Doing life together” makes it sound like life is a game, very weird phrase.

Or a prison sentence. 

• LOL 12
  • Love 2
On 5/27/2019 at 4:44 PM, farmgal4 said:

She looked beautiful.  Much better than she looked at her own wedding IMO.

Definitely. I expect that was a high-stress situation for her whereas this was just fun. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, latetotheparty said:

Or a prison sentence. 

That was my first thought! 

I can kind of get behind the phrasing, though. It feels like a sweet sentiment  - like "doing all the fun things together for the rest of our lives" sort of thing.

• Love 1
59 minutes ago, QuinnInND said:

Joy cradling her bump. Like Lauren. Must be a fundie thing. 

My theory is that it's their way of saying, "Hey, look. I'm not fat. I'm pregnant!" Because God forbid that a fundy wife gain weight.

• LOL 7
  • Love 16
3 minutes ago, Bayarea4 said:

My theory is that it's their way of saying, "Hey, look. I'm not fat. I'm pregnant!"

I think you're right. 

Speaking of weight, Carlin looks to have lost too much. She looks like a bobblehead. And her husband looks about forty. 

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

I can't believe that a fake Joy account has almost 150k followers! Are leghumpers really that stupid?

Is that a rhetorical question? 

• LOL 11
  • Love 5

Then again Austin was a groomsman in the least formal wedding I've ever seen that was still a church wedding. This was before he married Joy. Christopher Maxwell took the photos; they're still on Christopher Maxwell's wedding photography site. The groomsman and groom wore button down shirts and jeans. The groom wore a checked shirt. The bridesmaids, including Austin sister's Meagan, wore pink skirts, denim jackets, and cowboy boots.  

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, Temperance said:

Then again Austin was a groomsman in the least formal wedding I've ever seen that was still a church wedding. This was before he married Joy. Christopher Maxwell took the photos; they're still on Christopher Maxwell's wedding photography site. The groomsman and groom wore button down shirts and jeans. The groom wore a checked shirt. The bridesmaids, including Austin sister's Meagan, wore pink skirts, denim jackets, and cowboy boots.  

Wow. Thanks for pointing that out. That's one of the cutest wedding albums I've ever seen. It made me happy just looking through it. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, jcbrown said:

Austin couldn't put on a tie and some better shoes? 

I know.  I grew up in a home where the men dress casually 98% of the time, but they have some dress clothes for weddings, funerals etc.  Austin doesn't need multiple ties, suits, fancy shoes but he should have at least one of each that he takes care of.  Even with their strict gender roles,  shoeshine should still be Austin's responsibility. 

• Love 15
(edited)

Honestly, I know a lot of good old boy rednecks who have no suits or ties. Most of the men in my family fall in this category. Now, they have dressier shirts they wear and nice slacks and they will shine their shoes, and they look nice. But you're never getting them into a tie or a suit, not for church or a wedding or funeral or anything. 

I don't think I've ever seen my grandfather, dad, or brother in a suit. It would be downright bizarre and, actually, unfathomable to me to see them in one. My late uncle is the only close male relative I can think of who ever wore a suit, but he also had more white collar jobs than the rest of the family. 

So, for that reason, I'd give Austin a pass if he'd just found some basic dress slacks and shoes and polished the damn things. Agreed a solid color dress shirt would have been a better choice, too, but if he'd had the other stuff, I'd have let that slide, too. 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 7
11 hours ago, Zella said:

Honestly, I know a lot of good old boy rednecks who have no suits or ties. Most of the men in my family fall in this category. Now, they have dressier shirts they wear and nice slacks and they will shine their shoes, and they look nice. But you're never getting them into a tie or a suit, not for church or a wedding or funeral or anything. 

I don't think I've ever seen my grandfather, dad, or brother in a suit. It would be downright bizarre and, actually, unfathomable to me to see them in one. My late uncle is the only close male relative I can think of who ever wore a suit, but he also had more white collar jobs than the rest of the family. 

So, for that reason, I'd give Austin a pass if he'd just found some basic dress slacks and shoes and polished the damn things. Agreed a solid color dress shirt would have been a better choice, too, but if he'd had the other stuff, I'd have let that slide, too. 

I think this this was a more formal wedding, and his own wife put so much effort into dressing up Austin should’ve dressed up as well. 

The patriarchy at its finest- women have to spend tons of energy and money to look attractive for men, and men get to just wear “whatever”. 

If this was a casual backyard wedding, I’d let it go, but to me Austin looks like he’s going to brunch!!

• Love 22
(edited)
1 hour ago, Scarlett45 said:

I think this this was a more formal wedding, and his own wife put so much effort into dressing up Austin should’ve dressed up as well. 

The patriarchy at its finest- women have to spend tons of energy and money to look attractive for men, and men get to just wear “whatever”. 

If this was a casual backyard wedding, I’d let it go, but to me Austin looks like he’s going to brunch!!

I agree. Austin didn't even need to do anything spectacular. Just thrown on a nice shirt and a better pair of shoes. Given that these people attend church and weddings on a weekly basis, you'd think there'd be one decent dress outfit in his arsenal.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 17
On 5/31/2019 at 1:17 PM, QuinnInND said:

Almost every picture of a pregnant Meghan Markle showed her cradling her baby bump.  Not sure if it's fundy or not.

• Love 3
(edited)

The more I look at that picture, the more Joy reminds of a preschooler who needs to go to the bathroom....rather quickly.

ETA:  well maybe being pregnant she does need to go. 

Edited by Barb23
  • LOL 11
  • Love 1

I think the whole bump cradle came from the celebrity photo culture. I feel like I first noticed it with Hollywood celebs doing the red carpet thing, and definitely doing it as they knew they would be photographed and didn't want the dress they were wearing to look like a tent. (aka "I'm not FAT, I'M PREGNANT! HONEST!!" and also because Hollywood pregnancy got super trendy as a gossip topic). I think it really trickled down from there and now everyone seems to have just subconsciously absorbed it - have a baby, cradle the bump.

• Love 14
On 5/31/2019 at 1:17 PM, QuinnInND said:

I think it is in really bad taste that she is cradling her bump.  This isn't a pregnancy photo shoot, this is Carlin's wedding photo.  We know you are pregnant Joy.  Quit hogging the spotlight!  It isn't about YOU!!!

• Love 20
On 5/31/2019 at 5:46 PM, Sew Sumi said:

I can't believe that a fake Joy account has almost 150k followers! Are leghumpers really that stupid?

Uh...do you really want an answer? 😆

• LOL 7
8 minutes ago, Puffin said:

Has Gideon got a wet suit on over his clothes? The outfit looks very puffy.

Could he have some kind of flotation device under the wet suit?  Odd choice I know but these are the Duggars...

• Useful 1