Type keyword(s) to search

Joy and Austin: This One Time At Family Camp

• Start Topic

Let's get real. Joy can barely take a crap without an accountability partner. She's not knocked up. BUT she IS being sold for ratings and being used as a promotional tool for the Family Camp. Poor girl. 

• Love 12

Someone who might or not be me called the camp and lied and asked them about holding a wedding there. Said the couple met there and said they wanted to get married there and they said yes they can have a wedding there and I  gave them the date and they said sorry we have it already reserved for another wedding so they confirmed the wedding date.

• Love 21

Kinda feel bad for the groom. His bride might not be as annoying as Jill, but she's the vanilla ice cream, beige walls and cheese pizza of the Dugg females. I expect her to smile say something basic and then she falters, and she finishes with, so yeah. She has to indicate the end of her thoughts because they are so ... so yeah.

Imagine if they gave her the task of listing her favourite things

1. opening cans of soup

2. white loads of laundry

3. helping Jana with the kids

what is the next number?

snark

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Rabbittron said:

Someone who might or not be me called the camp and lied and asked them about holding a wedding there. Said the couple met there and said they wanted to get married there and they said yes they can have a wedding there and I  gave them the date and they said sorry we have it already reserved for another wedding so they confirmed the wedding date.

dang - you are good! i would never have thought to do that.  for her sake, i hope its not them. i was pulling for a loooong courtship like jessa's so that joy could grow up a bit more. 

• Love 2

That's some pretty slick detective work there, Rabbittron. I wonder how many weddings they host at Fort Rock annually. It doesn't strike me as that scenic of a venue and the buildings are kind of hokey, but I guess different strokes and all...

I wonder if they'll do a church ceremony and hold the reception at FR. The camping place will definitely factor in one way or another, because free advertising and all. I'm sure that was part of the deal when Mr. Forsyth and Boob negotiated the contract.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Rabbittron said:

I asked for the dates of April 28-29 and they said sorry but there was another wedding scheduled at the time.

Damn, they already have May Sweeps scoped out. We saw that they got Jinger's wedding out in 10 days (and people DOUBTED me when I gave dates). So, here we go. 

• Love 1
11 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Damn, they already have May Sweeps scoped out. We saw that they got Jinger's wedding out in 10 days (and people DOUBTED me when I gave dates). So, here we go. 

And a pregnancy for fall sweeps!

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, Kokapetl said:

16299529_1132389250193216_66226994963114

What are they interning as? Doorstops? .... I suppose at least Joy can get a coffee order right. She's had enough practice at that, probably. 

And what sense does it make for Joy to be interning, when she'll never hold a job in her life? WTF.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 8

I must confess I have not watched the show for ages, but check in here occasionally for any news.  Is Joy officially engaged, or still just courting?  They usually make such a big deal about engagements- if a wedding is scheduled for April, shouldn't we be hearing an official engagement soon?

Maybe they are changing it up a bit.  I was surprised we were not told of the date of Jinger's wedding beforehand.

They like to make announcements on show days during Sweeps months. This week was the Dullard sex reveal. I'm giving it two weeks, ie. the day before Valentine's Day. They still have to shove Jessa's birth announcement in there as well. With that Seewald "traveling" Instagram from a couple of days ago, I think she's had the baby and we'll hear about it next Monday. 

• Love 4
29 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

What are they interning as? Doorstops? .... I suppose at least Joy can get a coffee order right. She's had enough practice at that, probably. 

And what sense does it make for Joy to be interning, when she'll never hold a job in her life? WTF.

Pages are usually just middle school or high school kids who follow and intern or run errands for a day. I'm surprised Joy - who has already 'graduated' - is doing this. I don't remember where Jed falls in the pack.

• Love 1

Jed is one of the twins- he turned 18 in December. As I recall, he and his brother always seemed a bit more intelligent and curious than your average Duggar. One of the twins was shown playing chess.  My guess is they had to go as a pair to keep each other "accountable".  Sigh.

30 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Pages are usually just middle school or high school kids who follow and intern or run errands for a day. I'm surprised Joy - who has already 'graduated' - is doing this. I don't remember where Jed falls in the pack.

Get boss their coffee, order and collect boss's lunch, photocopy a 500 page document full of staples, unjam the photocopier 50 times in the process, inhale lots of toner. 

• Love 2
53 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Doesn't that blurb suggest that they're "interning" while those other kids there are the pages? That's the way it sounded to me anyway .... That would make sense considering Joy's and Jed's ages. The people who get the title "intern" in a legislature are usually post-high school (in my experience, anyway -- who knows about Arkansas?). But it doesn't make sense considering Joy's career plans.  Most people intern to get something to put on their resumes. Thinking she won't need one..... So I suppose this is all a ploy by some lawmaker or other to get the Duggars to campaign for him/her. Interesting to learn they still have that much apparent influence. 

• Love 3

Get boss their coffee, order and collect boss's lunch, photocopy a 500 page document full of staples, unjam the photocopier 50 times in the process, inhale lots of toner. 

Well, I can't even quote properly, thanks Koka.....yes this is what you use the volunteers for.  I was just telling someone the other day that I don't think I have ever successfully faxed anything in my life, now I can add can't successfully quote on PTV.  And don't give me shit to copy either, and if you don't want to buy a new machine, keep the staples away from me.   I make good upper management, but a lousy worker bee.  We all have out skills, and I know my limits.  Well, not all of my limits. Seems I am introduced to a new limit regularly.  Like I think somebody installed a SMART thermostat in my house, so no matter what I do, it heats up to about 70 every day around 5pm.  I start sweating and see it changed itself from 62.  I don't know why, I don't know what it is thinking, it has a mind of it's own.....

• Love 2
On 1/25/2017 at 1:43 PM, Rabbittron said:

Nice work?

• Love 4

So, the end of April, eh? That means we'll definitely be bombarded with People and tabloid articles sometime this month. I still have my money on the 13th, since Valentine's Day is the next day, and they always drop their announcements on Show Days. 

We have seen little of Joyless and Austin's courtship, and I don't know if I'm to be thankful or to be puzzled by their lack of exposure on SM or tabloids. It will be boring and drier than cracker juice...usually ,  Duggar courtships are quickly up to double digits in generated snark in our topic threads. 

Edited by Arwen Evenstar
  • Love 1

Two TBAs, I'm thinking at least one the those will be Jessa Gives Birth. Maybe the Feb 27th one will include Joy & Austin and the March 6th one will be Jessa? And didn't they already air All About Jinger?

• 4 Feb 06, 2017 The Bachelor Party
  • 5 Feb 13, 2017 All About Jinger
  • 6 Feb 27, 2017 TBA
  • 7 Mar 06, 2017 TBA
6 hours ago, BetyBee said:

I hope she doesn't marry so soon.  I mean it would be nice for her to get out of the compound, but she's so young.  Out of the frying pan and into the fire.  :(

Sorta wish I could care, but what else is she good for? She's an arrogant little cow, obsessed with spouting off about Duggar perfection, and there are dust bunnies with more brains. She's getting the destiny she believes in. I'm sure she'll flaunt her blessedly married state with the best of them. 

• Love 10

Joy's quote from People:  “Watching my sisters go through that with their courtships sets a really good example,” says the Counting On star. “I was able to ask them just a lot of questions and wisdom about what they did and didn’t do and then just making it special. Showing him how much I appreciate him, it’s been amazing.”

You would think with all their years on TV they would have had some media training along the way (and maybe some grammar lessons).  These few sentences make my head hurt!

• Love 9
2 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Well, it's been established that Joy has two brain cells, and they're fighting each other. 

But seriously, it's modified fundie-speak. 

They are not allowed to deviate from the script. They were home schooled to make sure that's all they know, not so they could get a superior education.

• Love 3

Absolutely. The producers expose their ignorance every.fucking.week. 

What person who is the age of those surveyed doesn't know what a duvet is, or in Jessa's case, how to even PRONOUNCE it. It looks good on Pinterest, though! I wonder if they know that duvets need covers. Wasn't the final bed with the DOO-VET all white? Uhmmmmm.......

• Love 1
38 minutes ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

Just as we all suspected, Boob is calling all the shots on the Joy-Austin courtship.

http://www.inquisitr.com/3946295/joy-anna-duggar-admits-that-her-courtship-is-being-controlled-by-her-father/

Ah, the let's-be-unpaid-laborers-covering-up-the-hovel's-glaring-deficiencies-with-cheap-plaster-and-paint-so-Jim-Bob-can-unload-it-on-a-fundie-sucker-"home-renovation"-date.

I'm sure that brings back fond memories of carefree youth for all of us. 

Did they have all the kids lobotomized at birth? Seriously. 

• Love 4

And I wish the tabloids would knock it off about Joy and politics. As I noted when I first saw the picture, lots of kids do one-day "internships." Look again at the caption of the picture posted in the article. It says it was nice to have those kids there "TODAY." Not "this session" or something similar. Sorry leghumpers, even the Duggar sychophant admitted it was a one-off. 

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

I know, right? This young lady couldn't even answer a question about HER own courtship without it being all about Boob and his headship.

He is evil. 

Only evil people do that to their children. He is evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil. 

And yet he's utterly normalized on TeeVee. People say, "I can see he loves his kids!" Bullshit. Sickening sickening sickening sickening bullshit. 

Evil. Sickening. Bullshit. 

• Love 13
52 minutes ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

I know, right? This young lady couldn't even answer a question about HER own courtship without it being all about Boob and his headship.

This morning as I waited for some service on my car, I was able to read the issue of People with Mary Tyler Moore on the cover and an article about the Duggar daughters. The Duggar stuff was such ridiculous drivel in general, AND Joy's answer to the status of her courtship just jumped out at me. No surprise that it was grabbed by Inquisitr in the article linked above. ICYMI, she said:

“I’m not sure when the next step will come. You would have to ask Austin what he’s thinking and my dad, but I’m excited to see what God has in store for us in the next year.”

Gag me.

OTOH if they are actually doing things together in real life that aren't scripted by TLC for the show - hunting, working on houses, hiking - that sounds healthier and more authentic than her older sisters' courtships. 

Edited by Jeeves
  • Love 3

I hate to say that Joy's own quote proves my quid pro quo theory that I posited the second we heard about this arrangement turned out to be correct. This is Anna/Smuggar territory, but on an even bigger scale. Back then, Boob got a wedding in hopes of a second season, and Mike Keller gets Duggar/Gothard recognition for his prison ministry. Now, it's just more obvious.

• Love 1

Be comforted in that that "internship" was just a one-day deal. And Joy stepped and fetched for some like-minded patriachal asshole in the state legislature. I doubt she learned anything about politics other than that her name got her some photo ops.