Type keyword(s) to search

Joy and Austin: This One Time At Family Camp

• Start Topic

9 hours ago, madpsych78 said:

I don't get a fame whore vibe from any of the in-laws from the families that grew up fundie, except for Lauren (and Anna now, but she's been part of the Duggar family the longest of all the in-laws. She wasn't a fame whore in the beginning). 

IMO, Austin’s family has clearly been attached to the Duggars I order to get more publicity/$$ for their camps. The marriage is part of that.

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

IMO, Austin’s family has clearly been attached to the Duggars I order to get more publicity/$$ for their camps. The marriage is part of that.

True. As soon as Austin and Joy were engaged, she appeared on the camp's website.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, dargosmydaddy said:

I did not see the video, so someone who did please chime in, but just based on the image I think it's weird lighting/ shadows. If that's a dye job, it's really terrible.

I saw the video and didn’t notice dark hair, so I think it’s bad picture- color

• Love 1
40 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

Oh yeah I think Austin's family wanted to milk that for all it was worth and probably still do. I don't get that vibe from him, though. 

• Love 8
16 hours ago, Zella said:

Oh yeah I think Austin's family wanted to milk that for all it was worth and probably still do. I don't get that vibe from him, though. 

Yes, I agree on both counts. Austin's family seized on using whatever they could squeeze out of their Duggar association. I don't feel that is Austin's motivation for marrying Joy the way I do with, say Dreck (though he bungled it badly) or JereME.

• Love 8

Nice that they will have an actual house, hopefully for a good while.  Giddyup is darling.  I do hope they are living an independent life away from both sets of parents (and their money, aside from what THEY themselves earn from TLC.)  

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Nice that they will have an actual house, hopefully for a good while.  Giddyup is darling.  I do hope they are living an independent life away from both sets of parents (and their money, aside from what THEY themselves earn from TLC.)  

I hope that's true. My first thought was that they were building a house on the TTH property.

• Love 1

I'm surprised Joy and Austin haven't moved into a permanent home. I can understand living in an RV temporarily (very temporarily), but they've been in it for what, over a year now? I wonder if Austin isn't turning that much of a profit on these flips. 

• Love 6

I knew a couple that had a few losses like Joy's. After the first one, they moved. It seemed the main reason for the move was to get out of the house that held such bad memories. (Stayed in the same area.) They were able to have a child. 

Joy and Austin may like living in the RV for now. I expect when their family expands, they move into a house. While they're a family of three, it may be big enough. 

• Love 7

At least Jill's and Josh's absences can be explained by the "we have our own schedules" umbrella, but where the heck is Jackson?? He was missing from the stupid "man camp" pictures, too. I'm worried about our favorite little photo bomber...

• Useful 5
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

Ha! I think they're still very enmeshed with both sets of parents.

• Love 3
8 hours ago, Lunera said:

Jilly isn't invited 

Man, Lauren must be SO pissed. She didn't get to stand in front in this photo, and therefore we can't see her clutching her crotch to emphasize her baby bump. ☹️

Of course, she did manage to stand where she's next to the Headship and his Breeder in Chief. I wouldn't underestimate her. IMO the girl would cut you in a heartbeat if you tried to steal her place in the spotlight. 

Edited by Jeeves
Corrected position re headship and breeder
  • LOL 9
  • Love 5

What was all that crap from Laura Whoever back in January or February? Her online spouting about how she had virtually no relationship to the Duggars, wasn't involved with teaching their kids, etc etc etc. And then stuff about how she was taking a job with an actual non-cult company that designs for the floral industry and that isn't in Arkansas. She was photographed with their staff. Talked about -- and to -- her apparent soon-to-be coworkers on her social-media accounts. Apparently attended a couple events with them in supposed preparation for working with them. 

But she's been back ever since. She clearly has no other job. And nobody else -- except Bin (ha ha) -- has been seen to be "teaching" the kids, so she must be doing it still even though she clearly implied on her social media that she hadn't really done it ever. 

Strange. She also seems to appear more prominently in family pics of all kinds than previous "school teachers" like Tabby Paine ever did. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 12
12 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Can we petition the mods to add a vomit icon? I feel like this forum is long overdue for one.

I’ve practically begged for it a couple of times, to no avail. 😢 We also need the eye roll emoji IMO.

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
12 hours ago, dargosmydaddy said:

At least Jill's and Josh's absences can be explained by the "we have our own schedules" umbrella, but where the heck is Jackson?? He was missing from the stupid "man camp" pictures, too. I'm worried about our favorite little photo bomber...

I’m afraid that Jackson may’ve been enjoying life a little too much, so he was sent off to ALERT camp to get him back on the straight and narrow.  Just kidding (but not really 😢).

14 hours ago, Lunera said:

Jilly isn't invited 

The second picture looks like they are playing Settlers of Catan and the fourth picture looks like Ticket to Ride. I don't want to have favorite games in common with these losers. 

• LOL 2
4 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

I’ve practically begged for it a couple of times, to no avail. 😢 We also need the eye roll emoji IMO.

Actually, there is a vomiting emoji, A vomiting one and an about-to-vomit one. They're so tiny, though, that it's really hard to tell -- just like with the other emojis. 

Here they are, in chronological order   🤢 🤮          

The eyeroll is also here   🙄

Plus one of my favorites -- The Scream  😱

What we really need, probably, is a loupe or a microscope so we can decipher them.  (or a monocle)   🧐

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6
10 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

What we really need, probably, is a loupe or a microscope so we can decipher them.  (or a monocle)   

I’m sure RFP has a monocle somewhere...maybe we could borrow rent it from him.

• LOL 13
  • Love 1
17 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Can we petition the mods to add a vomit icon? I feel like this forum is long overdue for one.

5 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

Yes, the post about Jill being busy playing sexy games gave me a spontanious need for a different 'reaction' button. I'm not sure which one, but what I was looking for isn't an option.

• LOL 10
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

What was all that crap from Laura Whoever back in January or February? Her online spouting about how she had virtually no relationship to the Duggars, wasn't involved with teaching their kids, etc etc etc. And then stuff about how she was taking a job with an actual non-cult company that designs for the floral industry and that isn't in Arkansas. She was photographed with their staff. Talked about -- and to -- her apparent soon-to-be coworkers on her social-media accounts. Apparently attended a couple events with them in supposed preparation for working with them. 

She said she was a freelancer that jumps from job to job but she's pretty much always at the Duggar household. I had a theory that she was being kept there to be Jana's personal chaperone. 

• Love 7

The camper is fixed up really cute, but the lack of space and no bath tub would drive me batty. Also, do those things hook up to sewage lines, or do they have to drive somewhere and dump it? 

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 6
11 minutes ago, cmr2014 said:

I have to give her credit for this. Jill and Jessa seem incapable of picking up before taking pictures or videos of their homes. Even if Joy is an enormous pig, she picked up before she showed her home to the world.

Jessa really posted some nasty pictures.  Between diaper mountain and the dust, I just can't imagine intentionally showing that.  

Edited by wilsie
added a word
  • Love 7

That trailer is a very cute, if tiny, home.  Clean and neat, too.  But where does Giddy sleep?  Do they co-sleep with him?  Sleeping in a double bed with a toddler is a special kind of hell.  I hope he's not in a pack-n-play at night.  At least he's not sleeping in the closet like a Rodriguii. Bathing a toddler without a bathtub is not so much fun either, I hope they have some sort of portable tub for him, he's getting too big for those baby bath thingies.  

Edited by doodlebug
I cannot spell
  • Love 10
41 minutes ago, Madtown said:

Joy explaining what they are up to and about living in the trailer. Pictures too.

Joy shows such pride of ownership in her home.

In a different universe, I would love to see Joy and Austin hitch up their pick up truck and fifth wheel, and take their little one as far away as possible from their leech filled families.  They would succeed in the world very well.

3 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

That trailer is a very cute, if tiny, home.  Clean and neat, too.  But where does Giddy sleep?  Do they co-sleep with him?  Sleeping in a double bed with a toddler is a special kind of hell.  I hope he's not in a pack-n-play at night.  At least he's not sleeping in the closet like a Rodriguii. Bathing a toddler without a bathtub is not so much fun either, I hope they have some sort of portable tub for him, he's getting too big for those baby bath thingies.  

I don't think we should see where little ones sleep.  Too many creeps around.

• Love 18
6 minutes ago, fonfereksglen said:

Joy shows such pride of ownership in her home.

In a different universe, I would love to see Joy and Austin hitch up their pick up truck and fifth wheel, and take their little one as far away as possible from their leech filled families.  They would succeed in the world very well.

I don't think we should see where little ones sleep.  Too many creeps around.

I agree, but, in a place that small, I doubt they could hide a crib which makes me think he doesn't have one.

• Love 8

I am happily imagining that in the video Joy is wearing shorts or jeans with that tee shirt.  Probably not true, but as a person who hasn’t worn a dress or skirt in at least 10 years, I can’t imagine wearing them every single day, especially when working construction or chasing a toddler around.  

Edited by Tigregirl
Typo
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, BitterApple said:

The camper is fixed up really cute, but the lack of space and no bath tub would drive me batty. Also, do those things hook up to sewage lines, or do they have to drive somewhere and dump it? 

If they're at a campground with hookups, its just like living in a permanent house. Water and sewer hookups.  And you can shower a toddler. You've just got to put on your bathing suit and get it done. But a tub is easier. I'm a shower girl. If not for my kids, the tub would never get used. 

I also wondered where Giddy is sleeping. But the trailer is neat, clean, inviting and homey. And Joy is obviously proud of it. As she should be. Its a nice place. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 23

Their home is very cute and looks nice and clean. I can't imagine raising a family in one but for now it works for them. I'm thinking she might bathe Giddy in the sink. My grandmother used to do that with us kids because it was easier for her not to stay bent over her bathtub. I also slept in a dresser drawer there. Baby care products were not as available in the 60's.

• Love 13

It’s very well laid out and makes good use of the space. It wouldn’t work for our family, because we live in a cold climate and are indoors a lot, but in somewhere like AR where you can spend a lot of time outside I could see it being a nice home for a family of three. I assume that they’re close enough to the TTH (or one of Joy’s eleventy billion siblings) that they can use the bathtub when necessary and store some toys for Gideon. Joy has always struck me as the “bloom where you’re planted” type, so I buy that she enjoys living there.

• Love 20