Type keyword(s) to search

Joy and Austin: This One Time At Family Camp

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, floridamom said:

The World's Worst Dressed young ladies...Why are they staring at a wall???

To show off their godly, never-trimmed hair?

21 minutes ago, Barb23 said:

I am in no way a fashion person but poor Jennifer.   A pink lace skirt & some type of flip flops being worn in the winter with an oversized blazer (look how long the sleeves are) that doesn't go with the skirt & shoes at all. Plus the blazer looks like it should be worn by someone older, not an 11 year old. 

I wish I could take the younger girls on an age appropriate shopping spree.

Plus they all must be freezing.  Isn't that frost on the ground, or salt spread for ice?

• Love 10
31 minutes ago, Barb23 said:

I am in no way a fashion person but poor Jennifer.   A pink lace skirt & some type of flip flops being worn in the winter with an oversized blazer (look how long the sleeves are) that doesn't go with the skirt & shoes at all. Plus the blazer looks like it should be worn by someone older, not an 11 year old. 

Don't forget the leggings sticking out from under the lace skirt. yeesh.  Although I guess at least it's warmer that way. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 5

Hannie looks like she's going to a country western type / clogging / BBQ place for some wholesome family fun, and wants to be the most feminine tween there in the skirt. 

Joy looks like she's on her way to work as the frumpiest librarian ever, on a rainy day when she has her period and is running late  

Jennifer looks like she is going to a spring wedding, but it just got colder out than they thought, so they found Mom's blazer in the back seat and threw it on her, just to wear into the church. 

I swear, I think the way they dress sometimes can be attractive (not here, but sometimes), but what bothers me is they have absolutely zero concept of dressing for an occasion! These three girls are at completely different levels of dressy!

Edited by Christina87
  • Love 16
1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

OMG Joy, do you even know what anorexia is?

Probably not, but I'm doubtful about the person who asked her. I don't know many eating-disordered people (including me) who would admit it. 

P.S. I'm recovered. 

Edited by Heathen
  • Love 9
11 minutes ago, Heathen said:

Or it's a fraud. Who knows. Could very well be a Duggar snarker. 

Wow, I snark with the best of them, but I would never dream of impersonating someone with an ED. That's just sick.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, doodlebug said:

Even if the original poster is a troll, there are undoubtedly people with eating disorders, particularly young people, who are reading Joy's IG.  When she apparently applauded someone's history of anorexia and proceeded to recommend a liquid meal replacement she is shilling; it simply demonstrated her ignorance and perhaps encouraged some kid to pursue disordered eating.  No bueno.

That's a given, and also beside the point. 

1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

Wow, I snark with the best of them, but I would never dream of impersonating someone with an ED. That's just sick.

There are people who have role-play Duggar Instagram accounts. Apparently, nothing is off the table when it comes to the Duggars' followers, either leghumpers or snarkers. 

• Love 2
15 hours ago, Barb23 said:

Can’t JB splurge an extra 10 bucks and get some longer coats for the girls? I almost always wear skirts or dresses year round. Not for any made up religiousy reason, but because I look horrible in pants. I have a few knee length and ankle length coats that I got from thrift stores and discount department stores over the years. I get that it may not be that cold where they live, but they have to get cold in those thin little skirts. My butt and legs would be freezing.

• Love 12

Even if Michelle taught them all about eating disorders, I'm not convinced Joy would know the word anorexia on sight or be able to puzzle it out on her own. So, I can totally buy her just zooming through her comments, not having the slightest idea what was said, even if she understands the concept in conversation. 

• Love 20
8 hours ago, BitterApple said:

It's crazy because I don't think Joy was trying to be uncaring or obtuse, I think she's genuinely that stupid she has no idea what anorexia is. 

Or she just skimmed over the thing so fast -- looking for signs that somebody was interested in the product -- that she didn't even notice the person's introductory caveat. All she saw was "potential sale."

Wouldn't be an uncommon thing for somebody to do that when they get a message from somebody they don't know -- and they think they know what the message will say before they even look at it. 

• Love 9
12 hours ago, Albanyguy said:

Yeah, I filed that one away with the "missing back muscle". The "Michelle suffered from bulimia" story only surfaced at the exact moment when the show's focus was shifting away from her and onto her courting/marrying/birthing daughters.

I bet she threw up one time in high school!

• Love 8

"Health Plan"?? I highly doubt that this is the healthy thing to do. On another note, why does Joy look like hell in this video? Wouldn't she be looking her best if this actually was a healthy thing to do? This is tacky and not modest of her and her sisters to schlep products online. JMHO

• Love 11
10 hours ago, floridamom said:

I don't think peddling products on social media is a very modest thing for these women to be doing. It's curious to me why they seem to have become online sales clerks all at once.

Right. Aren’t their headships supposed to be supporting them?

• Love 6
11 hours ago, floridamom said:

I don't think peddling products on social media is a very modest thing for these women to be doing. It's curious to me why they seem to have become online sales clerks all at once.

It doesn't bother me so much with the women, but with Jeremy I find it distasteful. As a Pastor he should be using social media to draw attention to the needy and promote worthy causes, not to score free swag. 

• Love 20

I am so sorry, but "cutie pie" is the last descriptor I would use.  I had an instant impulse to look away.  That is a very unattractive child (I'll be praying that it is short term as I know everyone undergoes a lot of changes this early in life.

• Love 12

It's a bit odd that all of a sudden baby gates are a thing at the TTH. I think Jackson was around 2 when they moved in, so 5 babies toddled through that house which is more kids than the average family and only now with grandchildren gates seem to be needed. To me it shows just how careless and checked-out Michelle was. Kudos to the daughters for not trusting their young sisters with keeping their kids out of harms way.

• Love 15
5 hours ago, AngelinaMaria said:

I am so sorry, but "cutie pie" is the last descriptor I would use.  I had an instant impulse to look away.  That is a very unattractive child (I'll be praying that it is short term as I know everyone undergoes a lot of changes this early in life.

I feel bad for agreeing with you lol I have seen photos where he does look cute though, that is one unattractive photo. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, floridamom said:

Sorry, but who uses an adult sized metal fork to feed a baby Gideon's age? With the multitude of babies at that house for years now, don't they have child sized utensils from the baby department? That fork is too large and sharp for him. No sense at all; like Michelle, Mother of the Year" feeding I think, Jordan, laying down flat on the couch cushion. No sense at all and uncaring of them.

Michelle was using a big wooden spoon, too. WTF?

• Love 5
2 hours ago, floridamom said:

Sorry, but who uses an adult sized metal fork to feed a baby Gideon's age? With the multitude of babies at that house for years now, don't they have child sized utensils from the baby department? That fork is too large and sharp for him. No sense at all; like Michelle, Mother of the Year" feeding I think, Jordan, laying down flat on the couch cushion. No sense at all and uncaring of them.

1 hour ago, JoanArc said:

Michelle was using a big wooden spoon, too. WTF?

I didn't know they had metal cutlery. Don't they eat their meals off of Styrofoam™ plates and bowls, with plastic forks and spoons? Way to go, Duggars. Bring out the hyooge metal fork to poke food at the baby's mouth.

ETA: Somebody probably was feeding Gideon from their own fork. I hope it was Joy and he wasn't essentially swapping spit with some random person.

Edited by Jeeves
  • Love 10