Type keyword(s) to search

Joy and Austin: This One Time At Family Camp

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

I did! Here it is:

About Us

Hi, my name is Amy King, I have appeared on different reality TV shows on TLC, Discovery, and WEtv, IHEART Radio’s Podcasts, the cover of People Magazine and dabbled in country music working with major labels in the industry. Even though I loved being a part of a large platform, something was missing from my life! I've always loved fashion and I'm so excited to share with you my dream! My mission for 3130 is to shine a light in Arkansas, our online presence and the world! If you ask us, every size is beautiful. You've already probably guessed it, 3130, It’s from a verse in the Bible.  “Favour is deceitful, and beauty is vain: but a woman that feareth the Lord, she shall be praised. Proverbs 31:30 “… Honesty. Service. Virtues are the essence of our character and when we keep the practice of virtues at the heart of everyday life, we live with purpose. My mission with 3130 is to show women their beauty shines from within. I have a feeling this is going to be an incredible journey thank you for all your love & support!

Hmm I wonder when fashion became Amy’s dream? 🤔

• Love 7
1 minute ago, graefin said:

Probably just about when her country music "career" fizzled out 😉

And right after her 'dream' of working with troubled teens turned out to be no fun and poorly paid.  And she discovered she wasn't permitted to post pics or talk about them on social media.

• Love 22
5 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

And right after her 'dream' of working with troubled teens turned out to be no fun and poorly paid.  And she discovered she wasn't permitted to post pics or talk about them on social media.

It lasted as long as the typical 90 day probation period for jobs of that sort. Coincidence?

• Love 17

I think Joy looks better in the shirt than the model. At least she isn't hiding her hands or pulling down the bottom. It's not my taste, but it isn't terrible. I still don't get the appeal of sweaters with cut-outs, but they are still popular.

• Love 3
41 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

This is what I keep thinking about. It wasn't that long ago that she found her calling and was going to mentor "troubled teens," right? The current "dream" is so very different from the previous "dream" that you might almost think that none of these things was her actual "dream" and that she hadn't really thought any of this through.

• Love 17
5 hours ago, ginger90 said:

My mission with 3130 is to show women their beauty shines from within. 

Um, yeah, it had better shine from within, since the clothes you are selling are butt-ugly!

• LOL 1
  • Love 15
1 hour ago, LilJen said:

Um, yeah, it had better shine from within, since the clothes you are selling are butt-ugly!

Maybe that's precisely her tactic? Sell hideous clothes so that folks buying and wearing them will have no choice but to focus on that inner beauty

Nah, she's a Duggar. It's not in her gene pool to be that clever.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Normades said:

So is that shredded fabric around the bottom of that shirt or are those feathers?  Either way, it makes it difficult to wash.  Such an ugly shirt. I can't believe she even sold five of them.

I think she's wearing black, fringed short-shorts underneath that monstrosity.  And while we can't see them, I'll bet she's wearing block, clodhopper booties.  ;-)

• Love 3
On 12/23/2018 at 7:48 AM, Jynnan tonnix said:

I know the model/photography is not Amy's doing here, but my first thought on seeing the initial photo was that the model was trying to cover her crotch after realizing she had forgotten to put on pants. Not sure why the photographer decided that was an attractive shot.

Making the picture even stranger is the fact that the model has some interesting fringe sticking out too -- presumably on her shorts? ... or ... ummm....very very long hair of some sort? 

The weird fringe seems to be a theme with this store.  

On 12/24/2018 at 7:26 AM, ginger90 said:

I did! Here it is:

About Us

Hi, my name is Amy King, I have appeared on different reality TV shows on TLC, Discovery, and WEtv, IHEART Radio’s Podcasts, the cover of People Magazine and dabbled in country music working with major labels in the industry. Even though I loved being a part of a large platform, something was missing from my life! I've always loved fashion and I'm so excited to share with you my dream! My mission for 3130 is to shine a light in Arkansas, our online presence and the world! If you ask us, every size is beautiful. You've already probably guessed it, 3130, It’s from a verse in the Bible.  “Favour is deceitful, and beauty is vain: but a woman that feareth the Lord, she shall be praised. Proverbs 31:30 “… Honesty. Service. Virtues are the essence of our character and when we keep the practice of virtues at the heart of everyday life, we live with purpose. My mission with 3130 is to show women their beauty shines from within. I have a feeling this is going to be an incredible journey thank you for all your love & support!

She's changed this "about" thing at least three times in the past couple of weeks, too. Equally dumb-ass every single time, too. Although this is the first one I've seen that gives her reality-tv resume. Yeesh. 

On 12/24/2018 at 10:40 AM, Puffin said:

Hmm I wonder when fashion became Amy’s dream? 🤔

Right around the time when Dillon and Grandma encouraged her to grab a "career" that would also provide them with a tax writeoff? 

• Love 7
On 12/24/2018 at 3:32 PM, DangerousMinds said:

At least she’s not emphasizing the Duggar name.

She probably wants it to look like she was on all those shows because of her own merit, not the duggar name. Also, she's just a regular old person who can get...gasp...THE DUGGARS for publicity!!! Yeahhhh, her clothes are sooo good that celebs flock to her store!

• Love 4

If you find the "about me" section amusing, check out the "return policy" page.  There are so many grammatical errors in such a small area.  I get the gist of what she's going for, but there are so many other ways to say it.  

I did a doubletake when I saw Joy's photo.  I always read the "Life & Style" section in the Saturday edition of the Baltimore Sun.  They highlight a charity event, show 12 pics of various attendees, and there's a focus on one individual.  They have a full-length photo along with the details of everything they wear.  A woman featured a few weeks ago was in the same dress/shirt thing that Joy is wearing (the color/pattern was different though).  She wore it over ridiculous semi-wide leg black pants, which made it look worse.  I couldn't imagine why someone would buy it, but there are at least 7 people out there.  I want to say she got it at a boutique in NYC, and this was an event celebrating John Waters.  Talk about fugly choices.

• Love 4
25 minutes ago, sixlets said:

If you find the "about me" section amusing, check out the "return policy" page.  There are so many grammatical errors in such a small area.  I get the gist of what she's going for, but there are so many other ways to say it.  

A 7 day return policy? That seems ... quite narrow, but I don't really shop in boutiques is maybe not. Plus you have to cover return shipping, shipping is non-refundable, you have to have an original receipt, and sale items are non-refundable.

Sounds like a pretty big disincentive to buy her stuff from her website. I know I wouldn't.

• Love 16
2 hours ago, Christina87 said:

She probably wants it to look like she was on all those shows because of her own merit, not the duggar name. Also, she's just a regular old person who can get...gasp...THE DUGGARS for publicity!!! Yeahhhh, her clothes are sooo good that celebs flock to her store!

"Celebs" 😂

I don't think TMZ will be clamoring to take any of their pictures any time soon.

They wish that they were really that famous.

None of my family knows what in the heck I'm talking about if I try to talk

to them about the Duggars. (so glad for these forums!)

• Love 13
9 hours ago, McManda said:

A 7 day return policy? That seems ... quite narrow, but I don't really shop in boutiques is maybe not. Plus you have to cover return shipping, shipping is non-refundable, you have to have an original receipt, and sale items are non-refundable.

Sounds like a pretty big disincentive to buy her stuff from her website. I know I wouldn't.

So, if you order something you see online and it turns out to be poorly made or badly sized, it’s YOUR fault and it’s up to the customer to cover the cost to return merchandise that is defective?  Good to know.

• Love 15
18 hours ago, McManda said:

9 hours ago, doodlebug said:

So, if you order something you see online and it turns out to be poorly made or badly sized, it’s YOUR fault and it’s up to the customer to cover the cost to return merchandise that is defective?  Good to know.

Yet she'll be clueless as to why she has few to none online sales.

• Love 5
19 hours ago, McManda said:

The first rule of acquisition: once you have their money, never give it back. 

• Love 19

On the flip side, you know how many people see on line ordering as their own personal dressing room? Sure, order tons of stuff, then turn around and return it all for free and get a full refund. Amy's got a tiny boutique, she can't afford people ordering just to return. That's twice the credit card processing fees and twice the shipping for a lot of those companies. Sure, Amazon and Walmart can afford it, Amy can't. 

• Love 11
12 minutes ago, Fostersmom said:

On the flip side, you know how many people see on line ordering as their own personal dressing room? Sure, order tons of stuff, then turn around and return it all for free and get a full refund. Amy's got a tiny boutique, she can't afford people ordering just to return. That's twice the credit card processing fees and twice the shipping for a lot of those companies. Sure, Amazon and Walmart can afford it, Amy can't. 

So far her polices seem standard for small boutiques- narrow return window, receipt required, return in original form of payment etc. I don’t know how successful the boutique will be, something tells me Amy doesn’t know what she doesn’t know- as in she won’t seek the advice of more experienced small business owners. I do wish her the best, it’s good to have something to take pride in. 

• Love 3
24 minutes ago, Fostersmom said:

All of Amy's offerings are generic sizes Small/Medium/Large.  While that works for some garments, form-fitting styles need actual dress sizes.  She is bound to get a lot of returns just because the clothes don't fit properly.  Also, she doesn't list fabric content.  People might be expecting a certain quality and become shocked when the fabric is actually a flimsy acetate.

This isn't her first attempt at an online retail store.  Two years ago she launched a venture selling T-shirts and sportswear.  That failed.  www.shopsweetrachelle.com

• Love 8
5 hours ago, madpsych78 said:

To Joy's credit, Gideon appears to be a very happy, easygoing baby.

Granted we haven't seen much of Joe's little one, but Jill seems to be the only Duggar sibling whose kids are constantly fearful and/or apprehensive. I think she's the only one who bought into the Pearl's infant abuse discipline regime.

• Love 13
2 hours ago, Nysha said:

Granted we haven't seen much of Joe's little one, but Jill seems to be the only Duggar sibling whose kids are constantly fearful and/or apprehensive. I think she's the only one who bought into the Pearl's infant abuse discipline regime.

Particularly with Izzy.

Even Anna's kids seem happy and look who their father is.

• Love 15
21 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I agree. When I think of Jill & Derick as parents I'm haunted by their discussion of giving one year old Izzy a sibling so he'd know "the world doesn't revolve around him". Because really most of the parents' world should revolve around their helpless dependent child.

Derick had no clue how marriage and children would impact his life. No more trekking around foreign mountains, pick-up games "overseas", etc. But he has somehow figured out how to be a perpetual student.

I think in a different social milieu Derrick would be single (for a long time- if not his entire life) and childfree. He might be okay (emotionally) with a later marriage/partnership with a woman that had kids that were grown or near grown, but he seems far too self centered to be a full time parent. 

I think in a different time and socila millieu JB &Michelle would’ve been a great childfree couple or only ONE child. They don’t like raising children!

since this is the Joy and Austin topic- it’s soon to tell what type of mom Joy will be. She’s so so young, but she had a great sister Mom in Jill. Austin seems austere and not compatible with a lot of different personalities and things running around creating noise and clutter. He comes from a family of 2 and has a great work ethic, let’s see how many they have. I can see him being responsible and getting a vasectomy if the number of children get to be too much for him. 

• Love 11

@GeeGolly I hope you are right about Austin. However, I have read that Joy is the most conservative sister. I guess someone we I'll deserve this distinction, but a teen bride doesn't instill much confidence that she'll go off the reservation and eschew the Pearls' garbage.

• Love 11
2 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

@GeeGolly I hope you are right about Austin. However, I have read that Joy is the most conservative sister. I guess someone we I'll deserve this distinction, but a teen bride doesn't instill much confidence that she'll go off the reservation and eschew the Pearls' garbage.

Alyssa Bates was a teen bride and she did instill that confidence, however misplaced. Same with her sister Josie. 

I thought Jana was the most conservative. Or was that Jill? Anyway, Joy seems less conservative to me, and more just a follower of both her headships and the rules.

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, Temperance said:

Anyway, Joy seems less conservative to me, and more just a follower of both her headships and the rules.

I agree.  I don't think Joy thinks for herself much if at all.  

• Love 20

Joy seems like she's not really bright, and she also comes off as apathetic and a follower. I don't think she has any interest or much capacity for pushing boundaries. 

• Love 12

One can only hope she's so apathetic she can't be bothered actually disciplining Gideon in any kind of Pearl fashion, and that Austin is out working as much as possible, so he's not around to enforce anything.

• Love 11
6 minutes ago, Zella said:

Joy seems like she's not really bright, and she also comes off as apathetic and a follower. I don't think she has any interest or much capacity for pushing boundaries. 

I don't either. If Austin tells her to whack Gideon with a ruler, she'll whack him with a ruler. 

• Love 10
3 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I don't either. If Austin tells her to whack Gideon with a ruler, she'll whack him with a ruler. 

Even if he's at work and is talking to her on the phone.

55 minutes ago, Temperance said:

Alyssa Bates was a teen bride and she did instill that confidence, however misplaced. Same with her sister Josie. 

I thought Jana was the most conservative. Or was that Jill? Anyway, Joy seems less conservative to me, and more just a follower of both her headships and the rules.

Wearing pants and trick or treating doesn't give any clues to how Alyssa is disciplining her children though. And all the Bates children have somewhat of an identity, even while in the home. Joy, not so much.

• Love 6
37 minutes ago, Absolom said:

I agree.  I don't think Joy thinks for herself much if at all.  

27 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

I think Joy is not the sharpest tool in the Duggar shed.  I don't see any of the kids as being exceptionally bright, but she seems to be less bright than the rest of them.

5 minutes ago, Zella said:

Probably not. Joy wasn't raised by JB and Michelle at any point. Her only "real" parent was Jill. Which on one hand at least she had someone but on the other hand she was given over to Jill who may be a good buddy but who was still a child herself. Jill isn't the smartest or cleverest Duggar either. She parroted whatever her parents told her and pretty much a disaster in almost everyway. Parenting her sons, being a missionary, her bad decisions when it came to Israel's birth, and even her cooking. Zero ability to adapt to change or critical thinking skills or really any thinking skills (thanks to her parents). And she's the one who raised Joy. Its not surprising Joy turned out the way she did (actually its not surprising all but one Duggar kid turned out the way they did. Good job JB and Michelle).  

• Love 14
1 hour ago, kalamac said:

One can only hope she's so apathetic she can't be bothered actually disciplining Gideon in any kind of Pearl fashion, and that Austin is out working as much as possible, so he's not around to enforce anything.

I can't see Joy successfully blanket training Gideon or any future children.   I don't think she has the personality to follow through on this type of negative reinforcement.   Austin would have to constantly remind her to do it and he actually works.  Austin will be the disciplinarian in the family and Joy will be the pushover.

• Love 10
3 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I can't see Joy successfully blanket training Gideon or any future children.   I don't think she has the personality to follow through on this type of negative reinforcement.   Austin would have to constantly remind her to do it and he actually works.  Austin will be the disciplinarian in the family and Joy will be the pushover.

I could be completely wrong, but I don't think Joy is a "pushover," I think she genuinely doesn't give a shit -- about anything. I think this could become a problem as Austin begins to realize that what he initially took to be an "easy-going" attitude, is not that at all. I think that Joy may be as checked-out as J'chelle, and she doesn't have any sister-moms to pick up the slack, either.

• Love 9