Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
frenchtoast

Joy and Austin: This One Time At Family Camp

16 hours ago, JoanArc said:

Isn't a reasonable diet and moderate exercise free? Not so frugal or wise, Duggars.

Well, sure!  But it's also (a) boring; and if (b), you have no confidence in yourself to choose on your own and make the right choices... the weight loss industry is what it is because millions of people, especially women, are just like the Duggars.  They need to either be told what to do so that they have faith in "the system" or in its products; or to have a personal trainer following them around slapping cheeseburgers out of their hands. 

Plus, at least it seems like Optavia is chewable food, so it's got that going for it.  I have poor faith in diets that require all liquids to replace meals.

• Like 3

Diet and exercise wasn't working for Joy because the Duggars really have no clue how to eat healthy. I can see her slathering a bagel with cream cheese for breakfast and giving herself a pat on the back because it's not the glazed doughnuts she normally eats. So she'll do a fad supplement diet which is basically calorie deprivation, lose the weight and pack it back on once she starts eating normally. 

• Like 10

On 12/19/2018 at 2:45 PM, Lunera said:

Joy visited Amy's store and, of course, picked out the fugliest thing she could find.

OMG, you are right. That is one fugly looking dress.  Who designs this stuff?  It is perfect for the Duggar gals, it looks like one long modesty shirt.  

• Like 7

I guess it's better than the shirtdress that looked like it had been put through a shredder. But not by much...

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Like 5

That shirt is in style from what I’ve seen in various boutiques, but it’s way too big on Joy.  The print should start at the shoulder. The knot should hit the waist and graze the top of the pants.  She’s at least two sizes too big in the name of “modesty”.

• Like 8

53 minutes ago, Saylii said:

That shirt is in style from what I’ve seen in various boutiques, but it’s way too big on Joy.  The print should start at the shoulder. The knot should hit the waist and graze the top of the pants.  She’s at least two sizes too big in the name of “modesty”.

It looks like a maternity top.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Barb23 said:

OMG, you are right. That is one fugly looking dress.  Who designs this stuff?  It is perfect for the Duggar gals, it looks like one long modesty shirt.  

I’ve looked at Amy’s site and she actually has some very cute (overpriced) stuff on there.  Joy gravitated to ugly like a magnet was pulling her...

• Like 5

I think Joy came to the shop to grift some clothes. Amy agreed to give her clothes for the exposure, but steered her toward things that were cheap. It's my belief that in this case, the Duggar cheapness gene was in direct competition with the Duggar grifting gene, and cheapness won. It was a Pyrrhic victory, however, since the point was to advertise Amy's shop and the cute things she's selling. . .  

• Like 6

If it weren't for the patterned sleeves, I'd like the top Joy's chosen as a t-shirt. Much like the weird modesty ruffle they put on some skirts, the sleeves make it look weird and wrong.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, allonsyalice said:

So, it looks as if Joy got qhat Amy calls “The Waffle.” (42$) (sold out.) (these model poses are bad but its supposed to be oversized??)

https://shop3130.com/collections/casual-tops/products/the-waffle

Her site says that she only sold five of these.  If she sold out after five sales, I don't think her store has enough merchandise to be viable.

• Like 8

Amy's currently offering free shipping on orders $75+ "while supplies last." How stupid is she? It's shipping. Is she referring to boxes and packing tape?

Edited by graefin
  • Like 17

3 hours ago, Barb23 said:

I don't think Joy will be wearing hers with short booty shorts like the model.

I would hope she is also not planning to wear it with the way-too-long sleeves covering her hands like the model. Not just unattractive but impractical.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Barb23 said:

I don't think Joy will be wearing hers with short booty shorts like the model.

I know the model/photography is not Amy's doing here, but my first thought on seeing the initial photo was that the model was trying to cover her crotch after realizing she had forgotten to put on pants. Not sure why the photographer decided that was an attractive shot.

• Like 12

18 hours ago, allonsyalice said:

So, it looks as if Joy got qhat Amy calls “The Waffle.” (42$) (sold out.) (these model poses are bad but its supposed to be oversized??)

It is butt ugly, and the model displays the "DUH???" pose in 3 of the 4 pictures. Which offends this feminist.

Edited by LilJen
  • Like 5

23 hours ago, allonsyalice said:

Ok, I have no fashion sense but man, that is FUGLY.

Side note: 3130 always freaks me out when it pops up on these pics, because it's my house address. 🙃

Screenshot_20181223-233220.jpg

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Heathen said:

Did anybody read the About section on the website? If I didn't already think Amy is a dumbass, I would now. 

I did! Here it is:

About Us

Hi, my name is Amy King, I have appeared on different reality TV shows on TLC, Discovery, and WEtv, IHEART Radio’s Podcasts, the cover of People Magazine and dabbled in country music working with major labels in the industry. Even though I loved being a part of a large platform, something was missing from my life! I've always loved fashion and I'm so excited to share with you my dream! My mission for 3130 is to shine a light in Arkansas, our online presence and the world! If you ask us, every size is beautiful. You've already probably guessed it, 3130, It’s from a verse in the Bible.  “Favour is deceitful, and beauty is vain: but a woman that feareth the Lord, she shall be praised. Proverbs 31:30 “… Honesty. Service. Virtues are the essence of our character and when we keep the practice of virtues at the heart of everyday life, we live with purpose. My mission with 3130 is to show women their beauty shines from within. I have a feeling this is going to be an incredible journey thank you for all your love & support!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, ChiCricket said:

Ok, I have no fashion sense but man, that is FUGLY.

Side note: 3130 always freaks me out when it pops up on these pics, because it's my house address. 🙃

Screenshot_20181223-233220.jpg

Not only is it just ugly, what do you wear it with?? The knot in the frot means its a no go for tucking into jeans or skirts, and it looks frumpy (especially since its so huge!) if not. And how do you use your hands? Its not a garmet I’d look at and think ”awesome! Its perfect! Ill buy it!” (But then again im pretty specific about the way I dress 😬)

• Like 9

38 minutes ago, allonsyalice said:

Not only is it just ugly, what do you wear it with?? The knot in the frot means its a no go for tucking into jeans or skirts, and it looks frumpy (especially since its so huge!) if not. And how do you use your hands? Its not a garmet I’d look at and think ”awesome! Its perfect! Ill buy it!” (But then again im pretty specific about the way I dress 😬)

If I found it on sale for next to nothing I might buy it and just cut off the excess sleevery. It might be cute as a relaxed sort of tunic thing without them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

I did! Here it is:

About Us

Hi, my name is Amy King, I have appeared on different reality TV shows on TLC, Discovery, and WEtv, IHEART Radio’s Podcasts, the cover of People Magazine and dabbled in country music working with major labels in the industry. Even though I loved being a part of a large platform, something was missing from my life! I've always loved fashion and I'm so excited to share with you my dream! My mission for 3130 is to shine a light in Arkansas, our online presence and the world! If you ask us, every size is beautiful. You've already probably guessed it, 3130, It’s from a verse in the Bible.  “Favour is deceitful, and beauty is vain: but a woman that feareth the Lord, she shall be praised. Proverbs 31:30 “… Honesty. Service. Virtues are the essence of our character and when we keep the practice of virtues at the heart of everyday life, we live with purpose. My mission with 3130 is to show women their beauty shines from within. I have a feeling this is going to be an incredible journey thank you for all your love & support!

Shouting from the rooftops to use her 'fame' to sell clothes, because beauty is from within. Okee dokee.

• Like 15

3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

I did! Here it is:

About Us

Hmm I wonder when fashion became Amy’s dream? 🤔

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Puffin said:

Probably just about when her country music "career" fizzled out 😉

• Like 18

1 minute ago, graefin said:

Probably just about when her country music "career" fizzled out 😉

And right after her 'dream' of working with troubled teens turned out to be no fun and poorly paid.  And she discovered she wasn't permitted to post pics or talk about them on social media.

• Like 22

5 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

And right after her 'dream' of working with troubled teens turned out to be no fun and poorly paid.  And she discovered she wasn't permitted to post pics or talk about them on social media.

It lasted as long as the typical 90 day probation period for jobs of that sort. Coincidence?

• Like 17

I think Joy looks better in the shirt than the model. At least she isn't hiding her hands or pulling down the bottom. It's not my taste, but it isn't terrible. I still don't get the appeal of sweaters with cut-outs, but they are still popular.

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

This is what I keep thinking about. It wasn't that long ago that she found her calling and was going to mentor "troubled teens," right? The current "dream" is so very different from the previous "dream" that you might almost think that none of these things was her actual "dream" and that she hadn't really thought any of this through.

• Like 17

5 hours ago, ginger90 said:

My mission with 3130 is to show women their beauty shines from within. 

Um, yeah, it had better shine from within, since the clothes you are selling are butt-ugly!

• Like 15
  • Laugh 1

1 hour ago, LilJen said:

Um, yeah, it had better shine from within, since the clothes you are selling are butt-ugly!

Maybe that's precisely her tactic? Sell hideous clothes so that folks buying and wearing them will have no choice but to focus on that inner beauty

Nah, she's a Duggar. It's not in her gene pool to be that clever.

• Like 2

So is that shredded fabric around the bottom of that shirt or are those feathers?  Either way, it makes it difficult to wash.  Such an ugly shirt. I can't believe she even sold five of them.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Normades said:

So is that shredded fabric around the bottom of that shirt or are those feathers?  Either way, it makes it difficult to wash.  Such an ugly shirt. I can't believe she even sold five of them.

I think she's wearing black, fringed short-shorts underneath that monstrosity.  And while we can't see them, I'll bet she's wearing block, clodhopper booties.  ;-)

• Like 3

On 12/23/2018 at 7:48 AM, Jynnan tonnix said:

I know the model/photography is not Amy's doing here, but my first thought on seeing the initial photo was that the model was trying to cover her crotch after realizing she had forgotten to put on pants. Not sure why the photographer decided that was an attractive shot.

Making the picture even stranger is the fact that the model has some interesting fringe sticking out too -- presumably on her shorts? ... or ... ummm....very very long hair of some sort? 

The weird fringe seems to be a theme with this store.  

On 12/24/2018 at 7:26 AM, ginger90 said:

I did! Here it is:

About Us

She's changed this "about" thing at least three times in the past couple of weeks, too. Equally dumb-ass every single time, too. Although this is the first one I've seen that gives her reality-tv resume. Yeesh. 

On 12/24/2018 at 10:40 AM, Puffin said:

Right around the time when Dillon and Grandma encouraged her to grab a "career" that would also provide them with a tax writeoff? 

• Like 7

On 12/24/2018 at 3:32 PM, DangerousMinds said:

At least she’s not emphasizing the Duggar name.

She probably wants it to look like she was on all those shows because of her own merit, not the duggar name. Also, she's just a regular old person who can get...gasp...THE DUGGARS for publicity!!! Yeahhhh, her clothes are sooo good that celebs flock to her store!

• Like 4

If you find the "about me" section amusing, check out the "return policy" page.  There are so many grammatical errors in such a small area.  I get the gist of what she's going for, but there are so many other ways to say it.  

I did a doubletake when I saw Joy's photo.  I always read the "Life & Style" section in the Saturday edition of the Baltimore Sun.  They highlight a charity event, show 12 pics of various attendees, and there's a focus on one individual.  They have a full-length photo along with the details of everything they wear.  A woman featured a few weeks ago was in the same dress/shirt thing that Joy is wearing (the color/pattern was different though).  She wore it over ridiculous semi-wide leg black pants, which made it look worse.  I couldn't imagine why someone would buy it, but there are at least 7 people out there.  I want to say she got it at a boutique in NYC, and this was an event celebrating John Waters.  Talk about fugly choices.

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, sixlets said:

If you find the "about me" section amusing, check out the "return policy" page.  There are so many grammatical errors in such a small area.  I get the gist of what she's going for, but there are so many other ways to say it.  

A 7 day return policy? That seems ... quite narrow, but I don't really shop in boutiques is maybe not. Plus you have to cover return shipping, shipping is non-refundable, you have to have an original receipt, and sale items are non-refundable.

Sounds like a pretty big disincentive to buy her stuff from her website. I know I wouldn't.

• Like 16

2 hours ago, Christina87 said:

She probably wants it to look like she was on all those shows because of her own merit, not the duggar name. Also, she's just a regular old person who can get...gasp...THE DUGGARS for publicity!!! Yeahhhh, her clothes are sooo good that celebs flock to her store!

"Celebs" 😂

I don't think TMZ will be clamoring to take any of their pictures any time soon.

They wish that they were really that famous.

None of my family knows what in the heck I'm talking about if I try to talk

to them about the Duggars. (so glad for these forums!)

• Like 13

9 hours ago, McManda said:

A 7 day return policy? That seems ... quite narrow, but I don't really shop in boutiques is maybe not. Plus you have to cover return shipping, shipping is non-refundable, you have to have an original receipt, and sale items are non-refundable.

Sounds like a pretty big disincentive to buy her stuff from her website. I know I wouldn't.

So, if you order something you see online and it turns out to be poorly made or badly sized, it’s YOUR fault and it’s up to the customer to cover the cost to return merchandise that is defective?  Good to know.

• Like 15

18 hours ago, McManda said:

9 hours ago, doodlebug said:

So, if you order something you see online and it turns out to be poorly made or badly sized, it’s YOUR fault and it’s up to the customer to cover the cost to return merchandise that is defective?  Good to know.

Yet she'll be clueless as to why she has few to none online sales.

• Like 5

19 hours ago, McManda said:

The first rule of acquisition: once you have their money, never give it back. 

• Like 19

On the flip side, you know how many people see on line ordering as their own personal dressing room? Sure, order tons of stuff, then turn around and return it all for free and get a full refund. Amy's got a tiny boutique, she can't afford people ordering just to return. That's twice the credit card processing fees and twice the shipping for a lot of those companies. Sure, Amazon and Walmart can afford it, Amy can't. 

• Like 11