Type keyword(s) to search

Joy and Austin: This One Time At Family Camp

• Start Topic

41 minutes ago, cmr2014 said:

I think she's wearing a long jean skirt, or else those pants have wiiiiiide legs.

If it's a skirt, it's SUPER long and narrow. Granted the Duggars have made plenty of uber-impractical fashion choices, but it looks like pants to me.

• Love 9
5 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

I don't know. That may be a a matter of quality or just a matter of taste. I actually like those two pictures a lot ... They're so slice-of-life. They give me the feeling of really being there. And I get a really strong atmospheric feeling from the trail and the trees in that first photo. Those both seem like truly emotional pictures to me -- To me, they really seem to express how much Joy was loving that day -- and something of what kind of people those two are in their more unguarded selves. On the strength of those first two pics, I'm almost inclined to say Joy maybe has an artistic gift! 

... But I guess I always find that photography (including professional photography) is REALLY a YMMV kind of thing! 

And unlike Jill, she isn't trying to be a food blogger where taking decent pictures is very important. I feel like her pictures are just fine for this type of post. 

• Love 9
5 hours ago, Fostersmom said:

Austin is in the jeans, Joy seems to be wearing snow pants. 

You're right! 

On 12/13/2018 at 10:50 PM, Lady Edith said:

I have a feeling they always wore pants. They wear skirts when the TLC cameras are on.  Because modesty.  🙄

I don't think so. I think they always wore skirts/dresses. It's consistent with their beliefs and the other fundies we've seen. I'm glad to see Joy in pants. I was begining to think her headship wouldn't let her.  

• Love 3

I'm pretty sure Joy wore snow pants when they went skiing on their honeymoon. And some kind of pants (yoga?) over a skirt when they went hang gliding. 

All this to say: there is precedent.

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 2

In that last pic of Joy kissing Gideon, I think she looks exactly like Jill. 

The bridge pieces of her glasses are very cool though.  I've never seen that style before.  

And I agree, most of the gals probably wear pants of some type when the cameras aren't around, or when they aren't going to be seen in public. 

Edited by leighdear
  • Love 1
On 12/16/2018 at 5:51 PM, leighdear said:

In that last pic of Joy kissing Gideon, I think she looks exactly like Jill. 

The bridge pieces of her glasses are very cool though.  I've never seen that style before.  

And I agree, most of the gals probably wear pants of some type when the cameras aren't around, or when they aren't going to be seen in public. 

I zoomed in and it says "Coach", so I think it's these or a reasonable facsimile:

https://www.amazon.com/Coach-Womens-HC6052-Eyeglasses-Green/dp/B00N5L68XO/ref=sr_1_6?s=apparel&ie=UTF8&qid=1545249574&sr=1-6&nodeID=3478922011&psd=1&refinements=p_4%3ACoach

Less than $100, for the record; though I'm not averse to her paying list price of several hundreds if she's going to wear glasses every day as it seems she is, you want as sturdy a frame as possible.

• Love 3

Joy posted videos on her Instagram stories talking about how she lost weight and tagged her "health coach", Jessica Ballinger, who lost 47 lbs in 13 weeks. Apparently she tried exercising and eating right and it didn't work. She doesn't mention the product but it's obviously Plexus. 

• Love 1
29 minutes ago, Lunera said:

Joy posted videos on her Instagram stories talking about how she lost weight and tagged her "health coach", Jessica Ballinger, who lost 47 lbs in 13 weeks. Apparently she tried exercising and eating right and it didn't work. She doesn't mention the product but it's obviously Plexus. 

Like JillR shills?  

• Love 1
24 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Interesting. Jessica Ballinger is the mother to Bobby Jr, married to Austin's sister. Losing that much weight in 3 months isn't healthy. But yeah, sounds like Plexus as meal replacements. 

So nothing but calorie restriction in the end.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

Like JillR shills?  

Yes,it's that company.  Plexus is a Christian weight loss company that has tons of fundies sellling it. If she didn't mention Plexus, it's possible she wasn't on Plexus, but people here think she might be. 

• Love 1
16 hours ago, JoanArc said:

Isn't a reasonable diet and moderate exercise free? Not so frugal or wise, Duggars.

Well, sure!  But it's also (a) boring; and if (b), you have no confidence in yourself to choose on your own and make the right choices... the weight loss industry is what it is because millions of people, especially women, are just like the Duggars.  They need to either be told what to do so that they have faith in "the system" or in its products; or to have a personal trainer following them around slapping cheeseburgers out of their hands. 

Plus, at least it seems like Optavia is chewable food, so it's got that going for it.  I have poor faith in diets that require all liquids to replace meals.

• Love 3

Diet and exercise wasn't working for Joy because the Duggars really have no clue how to eat healthy. I can see her slathering a bagel with cream cheese for breakfast and giving herself a pat on the back because it's not the glazed doughnuts she normally eats. So she'll do a fad supplement diet which is basically calorie deprivation, lose the weight and pack it back on once she starts eating normally. 

• Love 10
On 12/19/2018 at 2:45 PM, Lunera said:

Joy visited Amy's store and, of course, picked out the fugliest thing she could find.

OMG, you are right. That is one fugly looking dress.  Who designs this stuff?  It is perfect for the Duggar gals, it looks like one long modesty shirt.  

• Love 7

That shirt is in style from what I’ve seen in various boutiques, but it’s way too big on Joy.  The print should start at the shoulder. The knot should hit the waist and graze the top of the pants.  She’s at least two sizes too big in the name of “modesty”.

• Love 8
53 minutes ago, Saylii said:

That shirt is in style from what I’ve seen in various boutiques, but it’s way too big on Joy.  The print should start at the shoulder. The knot should hit the waist and graze the top of the pants.  She’s at least two sizes too big in the name of “modesty”.

It looks like a maternity top.

• Love 1
22 hours ago, Barb23 said:

OMG, you are right. That is one fugly looking dress.  Who designs this stuff?  It is perfect for the Duggar gals, it looks like one long modesty shirt.  

I’ve looked at Amy’s site and she actually has some very cute (overpriced) stuff on there.  Joy gravitated to ugly like a magnet was pulling her...

• Love 5

I think Joy came to the shop to grift some clothes. Amy agreed to give her clothes for the exposure, but steered her toward things that were cheap. It's my belief that in this case, the Duggar cheapness gene was in direct competition with the Duggar grifting gene, and cheapness won. It was a Pyrrhic victory, however, since the point was to advertise Amy's shop and the cute things she's selling. . .  

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Barb23 said:

I don't think Joy will be wearing hers with short booty shorts like the model.

I would hope she is also not planning to wear it with the way-too-long sleeves covering her hands like the model. Not just unattractive but impractical.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Barb23 said:

I don't think Joy will be wearing hers with short booty shorts like the model.

I know the model/photography is not Amy's doing here, but my first thought on seeing the initial photo was that the model was trying to cover her crotch after realizing she had forgotten to put on pants. Not sure why the photographer decided that was an attractive shot.

• Love 12
8 hours ago, Heathen said:

Did anybody read the About section on the website? If I didn't already think Amy is a dumbass, I would now. 

I did! Here it is:

About Us

Hi, my name is Amy King, I have appeared on different reality TV shows on TLC, Discovery, and WEtv, IHEART Radio’s Podcasts, the cover of People Magazine and dabbled in country music working with major labels in the industry. Even though I loved being a part of a large platform, something was missing from my life! I've always loved fashion and I'm so excited to share with you my dream! My mission for 3130 is to shine a light in Arkansas, our online presence and the world! If you ask us, every size is beautiful. You've already probably guessed it, 3130, It’s from a verse in the Bible.  “Favour is deceitful, and beauty is vain: but a woman that feareth the Lord, she shall be praised. Proverbs 31:30 “… Honesty. Service. Virtues are the essence of our character and when we keep the practice of virtues at the heart of everyday life, we live with purpose. My mission with 3130 is to show women their beauty shines from within. I have a feeling this is going to be an incredible journey thank you for all your love & support!

• Love 2
7 hours ago, ChiCricket said:

Ok, I have no fashion sense but man, that is FUGLY.

Side note: 3130 always freaks me out when it pops up on these pics, because it's my house address. 🙃

Screenshot_20181223-233220.jpg

Not only is it just ugly, what do you wear it with?? The knot in the frot means its a no go for tucking into jeans or skirts, and it looks frumpy (especially since its so huge!) if not. And how do you use your hands? Its not a garmet I’d look at and think ”awesome! Its perfect! Ill buy it!” (But then again im pretty specific about the way I dress 😬)

• Love 9
38 minutes ago, allonsyalice said:

Not only is it just ugly, what do you wear it with?? The knot in the frot means its a no go for tucking into jeans or skirts, and it looks frumpy (especially since its so huge!) if not. And how do you use your hands? Its not a garmet I’d look at and think ”awesome! Its perfect! Ill buy it!” (But then again im pretty specific about the way I dress 😬)

If I found it on sale for next to nothing I might buy it and just cut off the excess sleevery. It might be cute as a relaxed sort of tunic thing without them.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

I did! Here it is:

About Us

Hi, my name is Amy King, I have appeared on different reality TV shows on TLC, Discovery, and WEtv, IHEART Radio’s Podcasts, the cover of People Magazine and dabbled in country music working with major labels in the industry. Even though I loved being a part of a large platform, something was missing from my life! I've always loved fashion and I'm so excited to share with you my dream! My mission for 3130 is to shine a light in Arkansas, our online presence and the world! If you ask us, every size is beautiful. You've already probably guessed it, 3130, It’s from a verse in the Bible.  “Favour is deceitful, and beauty is vain: but a woman that feareth the Lord, she shall be praised. Proverbs 31:30 “… Honesty. Service. Virtues are the essence of our character and when we keep the practice of virtues at the heart of everyday life, we live with purpose. My mission with 3130 is to show women their beauty shines from within. I have a feeling this is going to be an incredible journey thank you for all your love & support!

Shouting from the rooftops to use her 'fame' to sell clothes, because beauty is from within. Okee dokee.

• Love 15